Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Flying Cow, Ray2dee, and Killmer for checking their BB order status, I was indeed incorrectly charged $8 for the free Battlegrounds figure when they canceled another figure that was backordered out of my order. Customer service said they'd reverse the charge, no way to know if they would have come clean if I hadn't complained. BB/GCU is just such a pain in the rear if you don't live near a Best Buy and try to rely on shipping.

Separately, I'm starting to second-guess the $16 GCU preorder (though there's no canceling it now that I'd be charged shipping for the rest of the order). Compared to the "$30 MSRP", $16 GCU with a "free" (hopefully) 2.0 figure I don't need but can maybe trade in for a few bucks sounded like a bargain. Now we're seeing most retailers offer "free 3.0 figure with playset purchase". We don't know if that deal will apply to Battlegrounds, but if it did it would be a larger effective discount and include a figure I actually wanted instead. I'm half dreading the ads for launch week because I suspect someone will have a deal that I want more than the deal I got.

Then again, the 4-player fighting game with the hypothetical single player mode no one has seen is the only Marvel playset launching in 2015 or 2016, so I guess there's no hurry to get the rest of the figures.
not really sure if it would count. it definitely was not included in this sale. it may not in the future as well. i've seen plenty of preorders included in sales just like this. a month or 2 down the road you may see it included in any playset deal. you know, when they are trying to clear stock for newer stuff.

Somebody just broke street date!!

(ppsstt, it was Wal-Mart in Omaha, 132nd & L)

Might not be of much use, though, since it will most likely have a download update released to coincide with the new items before they're playable/recognized in-game. That's what the little wi-fi-ish symbol means next to all of them but black spidey.
Stores might not sell it to you though. POS might block it like all the past figured/games.

Stores might not sell it to you though. POS might block it like all the past figured/games.
I know Target hard-blocks and prevents the cashier from ringing it up, but never tested it with Wal-mart self-checkout. I was almost tempted to test it out and return my $15.99 Best Buy copy back to WM later, but realized it won't be playable until the update. Pretty shocking and fun to see it never-the-less.

Somebody just broke street date!!

(ppsstt, it was Wal-Mart in Omaha, 132nd & L)

Might not be of much use, though, since it will most likely have a download update released to coincide with the new items before they're playable/recognized in-game. That's what the little wi-fi-ish symbol means next to all of them but black spidey.
Yeah there is a update needed for these. Johnny V was on Giant Bomb's UPF last night, and he mentioned it needing a update to use the content.

Figured I'd try to double dip at Best Buy you know how they currently have buy battlegrounds pick a 2.0 character for free that goes fine in the cart but this week they also have buy any player get aNY character for free so I thought maybe it would let me add another character in for free but it won't. Still not a bad deal with GCU getting battlegrounds and Yondu figure for $15.99

Saw the two ZOOTOPIA figs and the disc pack at a Target this evening. Didn't try to ring them up, but I assume they're official out now, since the movie opened.

Yeah, Zootopia stuff came out last week
Yeah, I thought the movie was just fantastic but would still like to wait for a sale. So when's the next one? I think I'm ruined from the 2.50 power disc sale from a few weeks back but I'd settle for 30% off on the figures. Anything coming up?

WOW, there has to be NA equivalent coming but it sadly looks like I'll double dip on this one. The kids love Kylo.
All these parents with kids who love Kylo. I'd be worried if I were you. Not a great role model :)

Man, it's been a rough few weeks for DI deals. The 1.0 deals on Amazon prime are about it!

WOW, there has to be NA equivalent coming but it sadly looks like I'll double dip on this one. The kids love Kylo.
Most of the time, I have seen GAME exclusives go to Best Buy or GameStop so I wouldn't worry about having to import this figure. Then again there was that GAME exclusive GRID 2 BAC Mono edition that never made it to this continent.

question about the black suit spider man, is the one that came with the 2.0 vita version going to be the same as the 3.0 one coming out next week? or are they different?

Wife saw the Battlegrounds set at Walmart out for sale just now. Scanned at the scanner for $30 though. So still just waiting on our Amazon order

You can see they tried to blend classic Alice & the classic Mad Hatter with these figures. Trying to make fans of both sides happy. 

Anyone else have their Marvel Battlegrounds pre-order at Best Buy get cancelled?

It claims 'Unverified Information' despite using gift cards and the free figure portion already shipped. I successfully received the Division on Tuesday, so it does not appear to be some kind of ban unless it happened within the past two days.

I am a little peeved in that it is no longer available for shipping, and is not available for pick up at the three stores that are the most convenient.

Anyone else have their Marvel Battlegrounds pre-order at Best Buy get cancelled?

It claims 'Unverified Information' despite using gift cards and the free figure portion already shipped. I successfully received the Division on Tuesday, so it does not appear to be some kind of ban unless it happened within the past two days.

I am a little peeved in that it is no longer available for shipping, and is not available for pick up at the three stores that are the most convenient.
I can almost never order from Best Buy for this reason. When I contacted customer service they were useless. Good luck

Did anyone have their Battlegrounds order from BB cancelled? Mine was cancelled this morning due to "UNVERIFIABLE INFORMATION." This makes no sense because I used the same address and same credit card that I've used at BB for years. The credit card isn't maxed out either. The stupid "free" Nick Fury figure from the same order has already been delivered. If that Nick Fury switches from $0.00 to $13.99, I'm going to sh!t a brick.

I figured I was banned from Best Buy, but I just placed another online order with the same address and credit card and the order already shipped. 

Time is the main villain in the new Alice movie ... this is one of those decisions that's based of $$ and not actually what Disney fans want imo.

Oh and the Disney set is completely based on the new live action sequel and not the original animated version. Alice simply looks similar to the original animated version because of the Disney Infinitization of the live action character into toy form.

Did anyone have their Battlegrounds order from BB cancelled? Mine was cancelled this morning due to "UNVERIFIABLE INFORMATION." This makes no sense because I used the same address and same credit card that I've used at BB for years. The credit card isn't maxed out either. The stupid "free" Nick Fury figure from the same order has already been delivered. If that Nick Fury switches from $0.00 to $13.99, I'm going to sh!t a brick.

I figured I was banned from Best Buy, but I just placed another online order with the same address and credit card and the order already shipped.
Mine doesn't show anything yet. The status just shows pre ordered and in progress

The free figured shipped a long time ago.

I've also got two other orders that are pre orders right now.

Pokken Tournament and Ryu amiibos.

Both separate orders and both say the same thing.

Wait. They've publicly said they won't release four-legged characters because they didn't know how to handle them holding items but they'll release fish?
I think that all goes out the window when they want to capitalize on a movie release.

Went to target at lunch and they had a bunch of 2.0 figures at 50% off. Tinkerbell, iron fist, Loki and a few others I can't remember at the moment. I'll wait to see what hits 70% before biting.

So I still have the Disney Infinity 3.0 bundle that came with the PS4 Darth Vader console.  The best offer I've gotten for it was $80 but I had to deliver it to him like 25 min away.  It didn't seem worth it.  I am not getting any hits off craigslist and only one bad offer from gametz.  It might be time for me to enter the world of ebay but I have never done any sales on that site and I know it protects the buyer big time and I am afraid of getting ripped off.  Any suggestions?  I have thought about parting it out but no one has ever contacted me and asked me about doing that so is the demand for it gone now?

Demand will probably continue to drop, there's nothing exclusive about it anymore. $60 to $75 might be the best you can get, assuming the buyer didn't see sales of the starter for $35 or the other figures on sale. I have a partially opened Saga bundle I've thought about selling, but decided to just hang on to it. The good news is that with no 4.0 coming out, your set will hold its value a bit more than past sets like 1.0 or 2.0.

Pre-orders for Light FX Kylo Ren opening March 15th, was posted on the Disney Infinity Instagram.

edit: Changes

bread's done
Back