Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I need help from the Infinity gurus. I'm finally ready to dive in since the kids are old enough to play with it. I was looking at the 3.0 starter pack or the saga and am curious as a long time CAG what the best prices have been on these for the ps4? Also, any other recommendations or suggestions to get going would be appreciated. We just saw Zootopia and are excited about the new Nick and Judy figures from there.

Also, any fear associated with the knowledge that a new infinity won't come this year, in reference to Disney abandoning it, etc? Thanks.

So I still have the Disney Infinity 3.0 bundle that came with the PS4 Darth Vader console. The best offer I've gotten for it was $80 but I had to deliver it to him like 25 min away. It didn't seem worth it. I am not getting any hits off craigslist and only one bad offer from gametz. It might be time for me to enter the world of ebay but I have never done any sales on that site and I know it protects the buyer big time and I am afraid of getting ripped off. Any suggestions? I have thought about parting it out but no one has ever contacted me and asked me about doing that so is the demand for it gone now?
You bought this back in December, remember when we told you it was not going to get the $100+ you wanted?? This is why...

The playset you have in the bundle is retail of $35, no one will pay that 2nd hand. So that is $25 max. Then Boba Fett that is coming out in a WEEK retail for $15.So let's say $25 MAX for that now. Then the base, that is $5 used at Gamestop, software $20 max. So that is AT BEST $75 if you are lucky to find someone who doesn't have Rise of the Empire and the software/base (unlikely, but possible) AND doesn't want to wait a week for retail Boba Fett.

$80 was a fair price for it IMO especially considering sales for the playset over the last few months. Yes you would need to drive 25 miles but that might have been what you had to do to make a decent sale. Now you might have to take $50-70 max.

Also, any fear associated with the knowledge that a new infinity won't come this year, in reference to Disney abandoning it, etc? Thanks.
It's going to take something fierce to cause it to do that. It's currently beating both Skylanders and Lego in terms of sales. Not sure how it compares to Amiibo as it isn't direct competition there.

Honestly, if you're just starting... its a HUGE entry fee to get them all. Don't bother. I would play 3.0. I would buy a couple of 3.0 playsets to play and a couple of fun figs. Remember that its about fun when you first get started. Putting the money that we have into getting the figures, discs, special ed., etc is a bit much right from the get go.

All in all, you can probably pick up a starter for about 35 bucks. That gives you 2 chars and the game and one playset. Playsets can go as low as 15-20. Sometimes you get a better deal. Honestly, if you'd have come earlier I'd have told you to bite on Marvel Battlegrounds as you could have gotten a free fig with it. They run those promo's too.

Seriously though. Sample. I started on WiiU and switched over this gen to PS4. I like the controllers better but have a hard time justifying the move other than I was tired of the WiiU smaller map trickery. (WiiU can't handle some of the toyboxes size so it's rather limited)

Buy the game and one or two figs. Honestly with 3.0 almost all the SW characters can be used in every story so long as you find the token. The rest are a crap shoot.

P.S. Nick and Judy are fun toybox chars. They don't have a playset. I wouldn't recommend them for the initial purchase until you're sure you like what you bought.

You bought this back in December, remember when we told you it was not going to get the $100+ you wanted?? This is why...

The playset you have in the bundle is retail of $35, no one will pay that 2nd hand. So that is $25 max. Then Boba Fett that is coming out in a WEEK retail for $15.So let's say $25 MAX for that now. Then the base, that is $5 used at Gamestop, software $20 max. So that is AT BEST $75 if you are lucky to find someone who doesn't have Rise of the Empire and the software/base (unlikely, but possible) AND doesn't want to wait a week for retail Boba Fett.

$80 was a fair price for it IMO especially considering sales for the playset over the last few months. Yes you would need to drive 25 miles but that might have been what you had to do to make a decent sale. Now you might have to take $50-70 max.
I didn't realize I would only get one legitimate offer for it. I figured something rare and exclusive at the time would be popular. I was wrong obviously. Isn't the game selling brand new for $35 plus tax? Keep in mind everything is brand new. I didn't open it at all. It's still in the black box that came with the system. Anyway, I will just have to hope I get some offers for it.

Go to gamestop.com add 5 figures...and see what happens.
Didn't even think of that. I tried it and indeed the promo is still on. Stopped at GameStop tonight and they even had signs up advertising it on the pre-owned figures display. But the selection was pretty anemic ...

So, with all of the new figures coming out Tuesday, along with the recent Zootopia figures, are there any deals on these figures anywhere?

So glad Black suit Spider-Man is coming out Tuesday the 15th. I've been wanting it but didn't want to pay $60 for the Vita set. I had missed the Gamestop sales before so now I (and anyone else who wanted it) can get it solo.

25gfoyb.jpg

The Opelousas, La Super Walmart marked some of their Disney infinity and

Amiibo down. They had Woody from toy story for $3 on another shelf. Most of the others were $6.00.

Also, any other recommendations or suggestions to get going would be appreciated.
Get the Toy Box Takeover expansion. Little ones may not understand the Disney Infinity model of toys restricted to their line's playsets but Toy Box Takeover allows any figure to be used. Especially great for figures, like Nick and Judy, that never got a playset of their own. My nieces have essentially turned it into a Frozen game by only playing with Elsa and Anna.

Got confirmation this morning that my Marvel Battlegrounds play set, as well as Ant Man, Black Panther, and Vision, are ready for pickup tomorrow.

I got a little worried that they might cancel my order like they did to a couple of people on here, so I'm glad it worked out.

Can't wait to play Battlegrounds tomorrow! :D

Well I had it in my hands and then right at the end it requested a manager override so i got shut down.. oh well i'll pick it up before work tomorrow

I also received an e-mail letting me know my Battlegrounds (as well as the new Lego Dimensions releases) was ready for pickup.  The e-mail specifically states: "You can pick up your order now or we will have it for you on your scheduled pick up date below."  I took a trip after work to pick them up.  The guy goes to scan it in, and sees that it says the release date is tomorrow and would need a manager over-ride.  I show him the e-mail and he calls a woman over who says she can over-ride it, but needs permission from "bridge".  The guy calls "bridge" who tells him that he needs to stick to release date.

I call BestBuy.com and talk to a woman there who puts me on hold while she checks with a manager at corporate.  She says that the store should release it to me since I received the e-mail telling me it was ready for pick up.  She gives me a reference number and then I tell her I was still at the store, so I hand the phone to the guy behind the desk, and after hanging up, he calls over a different manager.  This new guy shows up and I tell him everything that happened.  He looks at the e-mail, then looks up their "policy" on the web.  He says he's not allowed.  I said I had a reference number, and he says it doesn't matter.  I said "even if it's an order from management at corporate?"  He says he's manager of the store and it's at his discretion, so what he says goes.

I call Bestbuy.com back and talk to a different woman.  I give her the reference number, and she looks it up, and then confirms that it is indeed up to the store manager's discretion.  For my trouble, she said she would issue me a gift certificate, though.

Needless to say, I was at that Bestbuy for over an hour and ended up leaving empty-handed.  :(

Not that it helps, but none of my stuff got cancelled and it's all be shipped (even battlegrounds).  I will say a couple of my figs shipped separately, which is weird.

I assume everyone got the same confirmation email. In 2 places, the title and also first line, it says "will be available 3/15/16." Its wishful thinking to assume Best Buy will break release date, doing so may result in them being penalized by the distributor.

If it helps any none of the play sets or new figures work without an impending update to the Disney Infinity software; which I dont think has hit yet.

I assume everyone got the same confirmation email. In 2 places, the title and also first line, it says "will be available 3/15/16." Its wishful thinking to assume Best Buy will break release date, doing so may result in them being penalized by the distributor.

If it helps any none of the play sets or new figures work without an impending update to the Disney Infinity software; which I dont think has hit yet.
The software update has hit, I just saw on my Vita from work that my PS4 updated DI 3.0 today.

I should probably run the update on my xbox one now since all my 3 year old has been talking about the last couple weeks is he cant wait to play as Ant Man that way its ready to go whwn we ship everyone off to school

I also received an e-mail letting me know my Battlegrounds (as well as the new Lego Dimensions releases) was ready for pickup. The e-mail specifically states: "You can pick up your order now or we will have it for you on your scheduled pick up date below." I took a trip after work to pick them up. The guy goes to scan it in, and sees that it says the release date is tomorrow and would need a manager over-ride. I show him the e-mail and he calls a woman over who says she can over-ride it, but needs permission from "bridge". The guy calls "bridge" who tells him that he needs to stick to release date.

I call BestBuy.com and talk to a woman there who puts me on hold while she checks with a manager at corporate. She says that the store should release it to me since I received the e-mail telling me it was ready for pick up. She gives me a reference number and then I tell her I was still at the store, so I hand the phone to the guy behind the desk, and after hanging up, he calls over a different manager. This new guy shows up and I tell him everything that happened. He looks at the e-mail, then looks up their "policy" on the web. He says he's not allowed. I said I had a reference number, and he says it doesn't matter. I said "even if it's an order from management at corporate?" He says he's manager of the store and it's at his discretion, so what he says goes.

I call Bestbuy.com back and talk to a different woman. I give her the reference number, and she looks it up, and then confirms that it is indeed up to the store manager's discretion. For my trouble, she said she would issue me a gift certificate, though.

Needless to say, I was at that Bestbuy for over an hour and ended up leaving empty-handed. :(
It is best to ignore those "Ready for Pick Up" emails that indicate prior to the release date listed on the website. It will save you loads of frustration because unless they send you an email telling you the release date has changed they will almost never override it. There simply isn't much of an upside for doing that for a manager, there are penalties associated with that sometimes.

It is best to ignore those "Ready for Pick Up" emails that indicate prior to the release date listed on the website. It will save you loads of frustration because unless they send you an email telling you the release date has changed they will almost never override it. There simply isn't much of an upside for doing that for a manager, there are penalties associated with that sometimes.
Yep, Best Buy does that when inventory is in even if before street date which is very misleading. Thankfully my store was really clear so I didn't waste time to trying figure out what was going on the first time.

Best Buy Ad 3/20-3/26:

• Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack $39.99 Save $25
  • Save up to $9 on select Disney Infinity 3.0 figures (Minimum savings is $5, excludes: Ant Man, Baloo, Boba Fett, Black Suit Spider-Man, and Vision)

Best Buy just emailed me that my Battlegrounds order was ready for pickup.. what are the chances they let me walk out with it today?
Ive got you beat on the Best Buy "ready for pickup" email a day early. They sent me one a day early also then called me today to inform me that it didnt show up lol. So now I am wishing I just ordered off Amazon.

Best Buy Ad 3/20-3/26:

• Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack $39.99 Save $25
  • Save up to $9 on select Disney Infinity 3.0 figures (Minimum savings is $5, excludes: Ant Man, Baloo, Boba Fett, Black Suit Spider-Man, and Vision)
So if you go to buy a 3.0 figure not on the exclusion list, they'll take a mystery amount of at least $5 but not greater than $9 off?

So if you go to buy a 3.0 figure not on the exclusion list, they'll take a mystery amount of at least $5 but not greater than $9 off?
Prices have gone up like crazy for 2.0 figures at Best Buy... Well, a lot of retailers really. If we recall that a bunch of figures were $5 (and $7) a month or two back and that they're now asking $14 for Alladin or Ferb, well... I'm calling it now. This big sale is just the prices from a month or two ago, with 3.0 figures back to $10/Ea ($5 off) which is where they were a few weeks back too.

MSRP has never changed. All of the prices we have gotten lately are sales and clearance in order to make room for new figures. If you are looking for deals on older figures the cheapest option may be getting used ones at GameStop

The LightFX Kylo Ren on AMZ can be ordered with the Prime discount for sweet savings.

Got my Marvel set after work! Lemme go fire up the PS4 and make sure everything is updated.

Also, I looked at the new Marvel power discs set in the store and they are GOOD ONES. I know they have been discussed before, but YEAH BUDDY.

MSRP has never changed. All of the prices we have gotten lately are sales and clearance in order to make room for new figures. If you are looking for deals on older figures the cheapest option may be getting used ones at GameStop
I don't mean to imply that it was msrp that changed. About a month or two back 2.0 figures could regularly be had new for $5 and $7 on sale from almost every retailer. Those sales have dried up in a major way. Craziest of all is Target who had all their 2.0 figures for $5 clearance then pulled them off clearance and brought them back up to $13.99. Now many are on clearance again at $6.98 but some (eg, Rocket Racoon) are still $14.99

Pricing has been rough recently. This sale will be good because I want these prices back, but I don't think they will be historical lows.

I just played through the Battlegrounds tutorials and the first mission as Iron Fist. The tutorials did a good job of reminding you of all the moves and pointing out the couple of things that have changed for this playset (power discs!) The first mission was pretty fun, but got a little messy at times, audiovisually. I'm eager to recruit a friend (or THREE?) to get in on the fun sometime soon.

I took SexyCap through the Street Brawler deal and leveled him up to 6. He's pretty badass! More powerful than OG Cap, I believe. Fun character. His R1 movie is pretty awesome.

The LightFX Kylo Ren on AMZ can be ordered with the Prime discount for sweet savings.

Got my Marvel set after work! Lemme go fire up the PS4 and make sure everything is updated.

Also, I looked at the new Marvel power discs set in the store and they are GOOD ONES. I know they have been discussed before, but YEAH BUDDY.
There's a Kylo Ren lightfx figure now? >< I thought they said they specifically weren't going to do that -_- Is this exclusive too?

Any of you 3.0 only folks who just picked up battlegrounds should know that Microsoft store has the marvel 2.0 starter set for xb1 (with black widow, Thor, and iron man) for $15
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Disney-Infinity-2.0-Starter-Pack-Marvel-Super-Heroes-Xbox-One/productID.304278000

Also, if anyone needs it, I still haven't opened the PSVita 2.0 black Spider-Man set I bought just for the figure. I'd sell it complete at my cost ($25) + shipping or trade for other figures, power discs, etc. sorry if it's not cool to post that here. It's over in my trader thread too

I don't mean to imply that it was msrp that changed. About a month or two back 2.0 figures could regularly be had new for $5 and $7 on sale from almost every retailer. Those sales have dried up in a major way. Craziest of all is Target who had all their 2.0 figures for $5 clearance then pulled them off clearance and brought them back up to $13.99. Now many are on clearance again at $6.98 but some (eg, Rocket Racoon) are still $14.99

Pricing has been rough recently. This sale will be good because I want these prices back, but I don't think they will be historical lows.
Well Battlegrounds is giving new life to the Marvel 2.0 figures, I guess stores wanted to try and cash in on that. I went in TRU and noticed the 2.0 Marvel ones that had been on perpetual sale were fully stocked again and full price (the B1G1 50% off was obviously in place). I also noticed they had all the new ones except Black Panther - is he being short shipped, really popular or maybe just a single store thing? I also noticed from the release earlier this month Nick was out of stock, but they had plenty of Judy.

I noticed in the Kylo Ren announcement there are going to be several versions of the Star Wars Blu Ray released on April 5th, yet none are the 3-D version. Looks like the "no 3-D" Disney rule applies to Star Wars. Shame, as that was a good movie, and now I'll never be able to see it again, unless there happens to be a region-free international version, but I haven't even heard of that happening yet.

Edit:

According to an article on starwars.com, the 3-D version will be available "later this year." Not sure how reliable that site is, or whether it is connected to Disney, but it is some hope.

bread's done
Back