Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's my plan for tomorrow. Anyone else happen to try this today? Just wondering.

If for some reason they refuse to match any of it (Are they finicky about BOGO matching?), I plan to just drive across the street to Toys R Us and get them there, but like I said... prefer the reward points. Plus the potential for GCU to shave a bit more off.
When it comes to BOGO, some stores refuse. Luckily, I was able to pm at Target and Best Buy today for Toys R Us B1G1 for $1. I just depends of on the cashier. At Best Buy, the manager had to be called over and one person from the gaming department. They both back me up seeing as how I had Toys R Us weekly ad pull up on my phone. I got all 5 of the new Marvel characters. Good hunting out there.

Best Buy has all the 2.0 figures for 4.99 (3.99 GCU), just completed my Marvel collection!
I love being a CAG! Perfect time to cash in my 10 certificate and complete my 2.0 collection. Picked up the 4 I need for less than 7 dollars shipped thanks to my reward certs and GCU. Thanks for the heads up guys!

I suppose I should check out my shame that is my DI collection and finish off whatever I'm missing from 2.0.

I don't even play the game.  :wall:

PM'ed at Amazon with Prime shipping, with some caveat about availability. Saves the trip to a store, but still faster than waiting for the next BBY sale to include them.
No need for a PM at amazon now. They now have it listed as same price as toysrus.

I just ordered mine :)

On another note yesterday i ordered all 11 of the $3.99 GCU figures from bestbuy.They shipped today all 7 packages lol

Free shipping as well since im Elite

So here's my plan for tomorrow. Anyone else happen to try this today? Just wondering.

I'd like to go to Best Buy and price match TRU's deals for the week, basically.

Want to buy Baloo, Black Panther, Vision & Ant-Man, price-matching the TRU Buy 1 Figure Get 1 for $1 deal.
Want to get the Zootopia and Marvel power disc packs price matching the TRU 50% off deal (Zootopia actually isn't on sale at Best Buy this week either, according to their website)

Basically just because I prefer to buy things at Best Buy for the Rewards Club points.

I'm HOPING... that the two figures I'm paying "full price" for at Best Buy, will still flag my GCU 20% off discount, but even if they don't I will still go through with the purchase, because it's still the best deal out there.

If for some reason they refuse to match any of it (Are they finicky about BOGO matching?), I plan to just drive across the street to Toys R Us and get them there, but like I said... prefer the reward points. Plus the potential for GCU to shave a bit more off.
Just as a followup to my earlier post, YMMV, but the whole thing went off without a hitch for me.

Girl at the desk price matched both disc packs to $5 (No surprise there)
She then price matched two of the four figures to $1 a piece
She rang up the two remaining figures normally, and once she entered my Member ID, GCU knocked them down from 13.99 to 11.19 as normal.

So all told, I paid 24.38 for all four, or 6.09 per figure. Not bad by any stretch considering they're all less than a week old. Plus reward points on top of that.

A much better deal considering if you bought them at TRU, you'd pay $14.99 for the full priced figures, to then get the second for $1.

Go for the price match if you have the option. Worst they could do is say no, and you could still then pick them up at TRU.

Successfully PM'd 4 Infinity figures at Target yesterday. Took the 4 figures to Guest Services. They checked the BB price on their tablet and adjusted the prices. He said he'd need to ring them up separately but I asked if he could do them together to see if the deal would be applied. He said 'sure' and when they scanned the 4 in they automatically applied the B1G150% deal and I walked out with 4 figures for just under $15.

Can't beat that! Thankfully I waited so long to get the figures I wanted. Never wanted to pay full price for these.

Successfully PM'd 4 Infinity figures at Target yesterday. Took the 4 figures to Guest Services. They checked the BB price on their tablet and adjusted the prices. He said he'd need to ring them up separately but I asked if he could do them together to see if the deal would be applied. He said 'sure' and when they scanned the 4 in they automatically applied the B1G150% deal and I walked out with 4 figures for just under $15.

Can't beat that! Thankfully I waited so long to get the figures I wanted. Never wanted to pay full price for these.
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN RIGHT

Best Buy has all the 2.0 figures for 4.99 (3.99 GCU), just completed my Marvel collection!
Nice catch! I was surprised they didn't have them on sale on Sunday. Just finished the rest of my Marvel collection (like a bunch of other people on here!) Thanks Spurbs!

$3.99 each with GCU feels like a steal for these little guys. I just wish more of them were priced that low. I grabbed the last Ultron that my store had, Ezra, Kanan, Sam Flynn, and Quorra. Really wish Poe Dameron was 3.99 because he's the last one I need for Star Wars complete set but I didn't want to buy him for 7.99 when others are 3.99, just didn't feel right.

My orders have shipped, not as good as the 2-3 dollars best buy had them before black friday but close enough.

Tried to price match TRU @ BB and it was a no go. They said the buy one get one for a dollar was a "bundle" and didn't count for a price match.

TRU let me pricematch the Toy box speedway for the GCU price of 7.99! I just showed them the price in my cart. Win some lose some! 

I need to ask the pricematching experts a question about Toys R Us' policy. I was just turned down trying to buy the Sam Flynn figure for the $4.99 Best Buy price because it was shown as available for "shipping only" when the manager added it to my cart on my phone. Is this stated in the toys r us policy? I wasn't trying to buy anything else for $1. 

It sucks because it was only available for instore pickup when I checked the item earlier. I wouldn't have wasted my time at TRU if I knew it was in stock for shipping. 

There's a happy ending. I just ordered it shipped from BB (thank goodness I qualified for Elite Plus again this year). 

I need to ask the pricematching experts a question about Toys R Us' policy. I was just turned down trying to buy the Sam Flynn figure for the $4.99 Best Buy price because it was shown as available for "shipping only" when the manager added it to my cart on my phone. Is this stated in the toys r us policy? I wasn't trying to buy anything else for $1.

It sucks because it was only available for instore pickup when I checked the item earlier. I wouldn't have wasted my time at TRU if I knew it was in stock for shipping.

There's a happy ending. I just ordered it shipped from BB (thank goodness I qualified for Elite Plus again this year).
I think the manager you spoke with had it backwards. We can match if it's available for shipping, but not if it's sold out.

I had no idea Best Buy had these things so cheap. I just happened to be in there today to return an Amiibo that I got cheaper elsewhere and as I usually do I check the figures section. It struck me as odd that most of the DI figures were gone until I looked at the prices on some of them. Holy crap!

I didn't buy any in store but I just got off Best Buy.com where I bought 19 figures and power disc packs for $75. I just saw that I ordered 2 Merida's by accident (I was going through the site and adding stuff to the cart like crazy). I'll have to see if I can fix that or more likely just return it after it comes in.

And I had just bought 6 figures at Fred Meyer when they had the B2G1 coupled with a $9.99 sale. But at least that applied to newer figures. I got Boba Fett, Ant Man, the new Zootopia figs, Olaf, and Fear all for $6.66 that way. I reordered Fear from Best Buy (because $3.99) and will return that one to Fred Meyer (they average the B2G1 prices and should give me $6.66 back).

My wife is gonna kill me but my kids will be happy, even though we barely play the game any more (though we did bust out the Inside Out playset the other day). But hell, for $4 I'll buy them just as toys. I bought ones that I didn't even know what they were (Quorra, Sam something, and Iron Fist - never heard of them). I only wish I hadn't bought the Star Wars Rebels ones back around Christmas for $6-ish. We still had yet to open them. But I think I never got around to buying the Light FX Jarrus from Amazon so I just went with a $3.99 one now.

Oh, and by the way, anyone with a Fred Meyer nearby (probably WA, OR, and AK only) might want to check that out for the $9.99 + B2G1 on the new figures. I wasn't even aware what was new other than Boba Fett. I bought Ant Man jut because it looked cool. I passed on some of the other new ones. No worries - I'll wait till Best Buy has them for $3.99 in a year or two ;).

I think the manager you spoke with had it backwards. We can match if it's available for shipping, but not if it's sold out.
Thank you. That was my understanding as well. That's BB's policy also. Once I saw that the figure was available for shipping, it wasn't even worth arguing about because I wanted to buy it from BB with GCU, so my cheapass can save a buck. That manager just rubbed me the wrong way. She seemed determined to find a reason to deny it and really excited to tell me that reason.

I know how to make myself feel better. Everyone I know seems to be having kids lately. I've been spending too much money at that TRU/Babies R Us between Xmas, B-days, and baby showers. Not anymore.

I went the safe and easy route: Ordered Boba Fett and Black Panther from TRU shipped free; turns out the $19 minimum for free shipping doesn't take the discount into effect.

Good way to go if you don't want to hassle with trying to PM BOGO and TRU is too far or OOS for local pickup.

I had no idea Best Buy had these things so cheap. I just happened to be in there today to return an Amiibo that I got cheaper elsewhere and as I usually do I check the figures section. It struck me as odd that most of the DI figures were gone until I looked at the prices on some of them. Holy crap!

I didn't buy any in store but I just got off Best Buy.com where I bought 19 figures and power disc packs for $75. I just saw that I ordered 2 Merida's by accident (I was going through the site and adding stuff to the cart like crazy). I'll have to see if I can fix that or more likely just return it after it comes in.

And I had just bought 6 figures at Fred Meyer when they had the B2G1 coupled with a $9.99 sale. But at least that applied to newer figures. I got Boba Fett, Ant Man, the new Zootopia figs, Olaf, and Fear all for $6.66 that way. I reordered Fear from Best Buy (because $3.99) and will return that one to Fred Meyer (they average the B2G1 prices and should give me $6.66 back).

My wife is gonna kill me but my kids will be happy, even though we barely play the game any more (though we did bust out the Inside Out playset the other day). But hell, for $4 I'll buy them just as toys. I bought ones that I didn't even know what they were (Quorra, Sam something, and Iron Fist - never heard of them). I only wish I hadn't bought the Star Wars Rebels ones back around Christmas for $6-ish. We still had yet to open them. But I think I never got around to buying the Light FX Jarrus from Amazon so I just went with a $3.99 one now.
Quorra and Sam are Tron characters and have some pretty cool animations and damage effects. Iron Fist is good friends with Luke Cage and is getting his own Netflix series soon to tie in with Daredevil and the rest

WolfmanASTN said:
Quorra and Sam are Tron characters and have some pretty cool animations and damage effects. Iron Fist is good friends with Luke Cage and is getting his own Netflix series soon to tie in with Daredevil and the rest
Must be new Tron, then, eh? I never did see that (though I saw the original in the theaters and thought it was awesome back then). I keep wanting to watch the new one but my kids never want to.

And yeah, they lost me on all these Marvel characters. I never heard of most of them before I saw Avengers. When I was a kid it was like Superman and Batman. Maybe Spiderman? Oh yeah and the Hulk TV show. I remember that. I dunno - I didn't read comics for the most part back then. I think they became a much bigger thing when I was in college and beyond and that's when all the characters multiplied.

Yeah they're both characters from Tron: Legacy. Definitely worth watching especially with a nice A/V setup as that blu ray is reference quality stuff imo.

Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther have been mainstays in Marvel comics and mostly the Avengers for decades. Not as popular as the big names you mentioned but with any Disney film property coming out lately it seems the characters make their way to Infinity.

I picked up Boba Fett and Vision with the TRU deal as had some credit to use to go along with Ultron from BB. Nice deal for recently released figs.

So yesterday I unlocked the keyblade in INfinity 3.0, even though I do not own, have not played with, nor does Disgust show up in the Hall of Heroes.  Anyone else get a good glitch like that?

So yesterday I unlocked the keyblade in INfinity 3.0, even though I do not own, have not played with, nor does Disgust show up in the Hall of Heroes. Anyone else get a good glitch like that?
I have this glitch where I've bought every figure up to the Zootopia releases and haven't even started 2.0 yet. I also plan to go buy the new Marvel ones with Target's deal this week.

I guess that's not a good glitch. :oops:

I have this glitch where I've bought every figure up to the Zootopia releases and haven't even started 2.0 yet. I also plan to go buy the new Marvel ones with Target's deal this week.

I guess that's not a good glitch. :oops:
I'm pretty sure that's an itch you can't stop scratching and not a glitch.

I went the safe and easy route: Ordered Boba Fett and Black Panther from TRU shipped free; turns out the $19 minimum for free shipping doesn't take the discount into effect.

Good way to go if you don't want to hassle with trying to PM BOGO and TRU is too far or OOS for local pickup.
Perfect. I hate going to my TRU anyway.

Grabbed Darth Vader FX & Boba Fett. Seems like the best way to grab this exlusive FX. Now I just need Luke's.

Just pre-ordered Kylo Ren FX for $9.99 at Amazon (with Prime), assume some odd price-match is at play.
Oh wow, shouldn't that then set the bar for the preorder price guarantee?

Edit: For TRU, do DI figures fall under "video game hardware" for return purposes? So you only have 30 days to return them, not 90?

Oh wow, shouldn't that then set the bar for the preorder price guarantee?
Correct, previous pre-orders should automatically come down to $9.99. On paper, the Prime discount doesn't apply on top of a price match, but it's not clear who they are price matching in the first place. Maybe a human somewhere (either at Amazon or some other site Amazon is matching) mistook a sale on the regular version for the FX.

Correct, previous pre-orders should automatically come down to $9.99. On paper, the Prime discount doesn't apply on top of a price match, but it's not clear who they are price matching in the first place. Maybe a human somewhere (either at Amazon or some other site Amazon is matching) mistook a sale on the regular version for the FX.
Maybe it will drop to $9.99 everywhere and stay at that price until the end of the first week like the Battlegrounds play set.

Dug into Battlegrounds a bit last night. I gotta say I really like it. It's the closest thing to a true Vs. mode we will ever get in Infinity, and the fact that it plays a lot like Powerstone feels great, why the fuck has Capcom never given us another Powestone game?

I also liked the added polish of it - the small cutscene animations when a character does their super move or when they win a match, and honestly I wasn't even expecting a dedicated story mode.

For $15.99 GCU or whatever it was and a free 2.0 figure (mine was green goblin) I feel like this offers quite a bit of value. My kids are going to be all over it and we already owned a good majority of the Marvel Figures, though they will bitch a little that they can't put Asoka Tano or Yoda on the base, ha ha   

Okay, so I remember there being a lot of confusion before it came out on how it would play, so does Battlegrounds have a single player mode or is it solely local multiplayer?

Okay, so I remember there being a lot of confusion before it came out on how it would play, so does Battlegrounds have a single player mode or is it solely local multiplayer?
Yes, there's a story mode after you finish the tutorial. I don't know if you can do multiplayer within the story mode (my kids had gone to bed by that time) but it had dedicated stat keeping and dialogue cutscenes that are specific to it. Basically it would be like playing Powerstone single player with 3 CPU opponents, or two vs. two. The story is your typical cookie cutter plot, but at least there's interesting banter between the characters in the cutscenes, like Ant-man talking to Rocket, etc.

The story mode takes about an hour or two at most to do. Challenges provide a bit more depth, but to unlock new characters/skins, you need to have a specific figure.

Every single Marvel figure has a specific challenge.

Last day to grab the best buy deals or extend them with store pickup. Remember if you're on the fence you can order them online and pick up at a store -- then you have about a week to pick them up or not and get a full refund if you don't. You need to hit $35 to get free shipping. I still don't know why some items are ship to store and some aren't ...

Went to Target to pick up Maul and Ultron. I was price matching Best Buy but the cashier wouldn't let me do the price match plus the BOGO half off. Oh well, didn't feel like trying another Target just to save $2.50 and I needed them for Easter baskets tomorrow.

Couple of disc-related questions for anyone who can answer them:

Did they make albums for the 2.0 discs that have spots for all of the discs?  The albums I have don't have spaces for a couple of them.

Did they make an album for the 3.0 discs, or are they going to?  If not, what does everyone do to store/display them?

Thanks!

bread's done
Back