Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, fraud. Good solution.
I merely suggested an extreme example of how to unlock everything for achievement hunters...since they are known for going to great lengths to unlock those chievos. Also, this is a 1 time thing as you'll possibly burn a bridge at the retailer of choice. Making a return of that size might flag you as they take your ID now a days for returns.

If you do the math and paid MSRP, you would be paying upwards $400+ to play Marvel Battlegrounds w/all 28 characters. If you bought everything on normal sales w/club membership it would be roughly $239ish? Maybe a few dollars less if you were lucky enough to use Cartwheel and grab up all the 2.0 marvel figures when you could at 75% off.

...I understand you get a physical figure along w/the ability to use the character beyond the playset, but holy crap that's a pretty hefty price for the complete experience.

It's doubtful the figures would work while still encased in plastic/cardboad - errr... has anyone actually tried this?

Perfect example of when a fun leisure activity crosses the line into unenjoyable burden.
Doesn't the DI display case encourage you to place a character on the dias so you can see their gameplay?

Heh, every game that requires farming and grinding falls into this line.

Now, if you went and bought all the figures, opened them, used them and then returned them all...that's crappy.

It's doubtful the figures would work while still encased in plastic/cardboad - errr... has anyone actually tried this?

Perfect example of when a fun leisure activity crosses the line into unenjoyable burden.
The only ones that do not work through the package are Amiibo, because they intentionally put a disk in the box under the base to prevent it (probably so people don't take their 3DS in a store and name figures bad things, or do they aforementioned "rental" to unlock things).

The only ones that do not work through the package are Amiibo, because they intentionally put a disk in the box under the base to prevent it (probably so people don't take their 3DS in a store and name figures bad things, or do they aforementioned "rental" to unlock things).
The most ridiculous part of that though was that for a good while they were the most collectible figures and the ones most worth not opening!

Oh man...Disney added new achievements for Marvel Battlegrounds and Finding Dory.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/disney-infinity-3/achievements/

Being an achievement junkie, I'm concerned about this one for Battlegrounds:

Great Collection 15
gp-g.png
Complete all Challenges in Marvel Battlegrounds

Since I don't have Battlegrounds (yet), I have to ask here. Are these challenges character-specific, or can any Marvel character do them? Watching some videos for the Challenge Mode, it looks like using specific characters unlocks special rewards.

I don't own the majority of Marvel characters, so I'm concerned about having to buy them.
Hope they update the PS4 version with some Trophies as well.

Oh man...Disney added new achievements for Marvel Battlegrounds and Finding Dory.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/disney-infinity-3/achievements/

Being an achievement junkie, I'm concerned about this one for Battlegrounds:

Great Collection 15
gp-g.png
Complete all Challenges in Marvel Battlegrounds

Since I don't have Battlegrounds (yet), I have to ask here. Are these challenges character-specific, or can any Marvel character do them? Watching some videos for the Challenge Mode, it looks like using specific characters unlocks special rewards.

I don't own the majority of Marvel characters, so I'm concerned about having to buy them.
Those punks. I was close to finishing off the list for 3.0 too.

ETA: That's extra crappy if you really do need all of the Marvel characters for the Battlegrounds achievements. I'm not into Marvel and the only figures I even have are the ones from the 2.0 starter and a couple of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Those punks. I was close to finishing off the list for 3.0 too.

ETA: That's extra crappy if you really do need all of the Marvel characters for the Battlegrounds achievements. I'm not into Marvel and the only figures I even have are the ones from the 2.0 starter and a couple of Guardians of the Galaxy.
There is no such trophy in PS4 (I do have X360 but don't have the game), but the game itself has might be the same Feat (Complete all Challenges). I went to complete all challenges this morning using the non-unlocking characters and it completed that Feat, so more likely you will be fine using any figures.

P.S. If you don't like the Guardians of the Galaxy, send them to me :) in exchange for the 1.0 starter figures if you like

They work and I've read they made it that way specifically for collectors (but it's stupid to make the blind packs readable too)

The most ridiculous part of that though was that for a good while they were the most collectible figures and the ones most worth not opening!
It's subjective. I have no interested in Nintendo figures at all and I heard Animal Crossing figures aren't selling well.

Warning YMMV

I was just at Walmart in Orange, MA

They had all the Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 Starter sets on Drastic discount

1.0 was $5

2.0 was $10 for Marvel or Disney, and $20 for the Special edition set (Includes 3 extra figures)

They had XB1 and PS4 version only of 2.0

There is no such trophy in PS4 (I do have X360 but don't have the game), but the game itself has might be the same Feat (Complete all Challenges). I went to complete all challenges this morning using the non-unlocking characters and it completed that Feat, so more likely you will be fine using any figures.
This is good news. Most achievements have been tied to similar or identical feats, so I'm hoping it will be true of this one.

The 360 achievements were just added last night, so the PS versions and One version shouldn't be far behind.

This is good news. Most achievements have been tied to similar or identical feats, so I'm hoping it will be true of this one.

The 360 achievements were just added last night, so the PS versions and One version shouldn't be far behind.
does this mean the final update is on it's way?

I really wish Disney Infinity had received one final iteration that was soley for current gen consoles and had a build mode that would have fully utilized the current gen's power. It sounds like that's what 4.0 might have been, but it's a shame we'll never get to see that.

Quick word of waning for those who are considering dumping their Infinity sets now:

It's being speculated that when online servers are inevitably shut down, you will no longer be able to add text to your Toybox creations, since text requires online checks (for swearing) in order to work.

This would greatly reduce the value of the Toybox Creator for me, since it knocks it back to 1.0 levels of simplicity.

Really bummed out I passed on the 2.0 XB1 Toybox set at Target the other day. I was looking for the 360 version and couldn't find one. Was trying to avoid needing to play it on the living room tv.

I have everything I needed in my Best Buy cart. Just waiting for a good sale.

I did notice Black Panther, Baloo and Ant-Man are now in-store only... That can't be good.

I have everything I needed in my Best Buy cart. Just waiting for a good sale.

I did notice Black Panther, Baloo and Ant-Man are now in-store only... That can't be good.
Some of the 2.0 figures went "in-store only" a few times in recent months and were restocked, I imagine things will be fine for 3.0....for awhile, especially the Marvel line.

Alice figures are useable in game at the minute as have seen a stream of someone using time. They said they also had dory and used her in the toybox and playset so not sure if that's true or not thogh

Really bummed out I passed on the 2.0 XB1 Toybox set at Target the other day. I was looking for the 360 version and couldn't find one. Was trying to avoid needing to play it on the living room tv.
microsoftstore.com has the 360 Toy Box 2.0 set for $7.99 if you want it

I found one at my local tsrget. Only bought it for the figures. I'll sell you the unopened game and base if you want it...

It's subjective. I have no interested in Nintendo figures at all and I heard Animal Crossing figures aren't selling well.
It was right up to the AC ones before the bubble burst. Most of the figures were $30+ before the reprint and Nintendo started flooding the market. So at least a good 6-8 months that almost every figure outside of the standard Mario characters was commanding at least double MSRP.

Some of the 2.0 figures went "in-store only" a few times in recent months and were restocked, I imagine things will be fine for 3.0....for awhile, especially the Marvel line.
I'm fighting my instincts to keep from biting on relatively routine prices. The thing that worries me is that stores like Best Buy and Target and even Toys R Us aren't going to want a large display for a dead product by the time fall releases come out. Best Buy has restocked in the past, but we don't know if the terms of Disney "assuming responsibility" for $100 million in inventory when they canceled it means that canceling it breaks all the contracts they have with stores like Best Buy.

I'm confident there will still be figures that can be bought, because this isn't the famous ET game that had to be physically destoyed, so all this stock is going to end up somewhere, (ossibly unusual places like Dollar General). I am not confident that Target or Best Buy will restock anything, which means their numbers won't be up for Amazon to price match. I think it's still smart to wait on figures I can live without if they become impossible to find, because BB will do better than $9, but this is at least a bit of a gamble.

My 'buy it' price is $5 for the figures I want. I feel a bit silly for not picking up the Tron figures for $3.99 when I had the chance, but hopefully Best Buy will run another fire sale to clear their warehouse stock in the next few months.

It was right up to the AC ones before the bubble burst. Most of the figures were $30+ before the reprint and Nintendo started flooding the market. So at least a good 6-8 months that almost every figure outside of the standard Mario characters was commanding at least double MSRP.
I was amazed people thought Nintendo was not going to print those figures in high demand.

Nintendo is not a collectibles making company, they makes games and consoles, their business is to have more people to play their games using their figures., not to create a collectible market which will not benefit them but only resellers. They did the right things to print the figures in demand, so the loyal and new gamers can enjoy their products, as long as they don't do the dumb thing like what Disney did in overestimating the demand.

Weird question: I bought 3.0 during the $10 digital copy from Xbox live instead. Has anyone seen a better deal on the Twilight of the Republic piece and figures than $15.30 used (the current warehouse deals open box price)?

I was thinking of game stops b2g3, but that's going to be around $32 I can't think of anything else I don't have that I'd be willing to pay that much per figure/piece for. Maybe if I could find battlegrounds

My WM has Alice figures out.. let's see if I can sweet talk cashier into breaking street date
No one is going to risk their job for you. Even if you smooth talked your way to do it, the register won't allow it and any attempt at overriding it brings in a manager automatically. You must not post on this thread or others much.

Weird question: I bought 3.0 during the $10 digital copy from Xbox live instead. Has anyone seen a better deal on the Twilight of the Republic piece and figures than $15.30 used (the current warehouse deals open box price)?

I was thinking of game stops b2g3, but that's going to be around $32 I can't think of anything else I don't have that I'd be willing to pay that much per figure/piece for. Maybe if I could find battlegrounds
Ebay... got a set (without webcode card) for $10, the sellers have sold over 200 of them

Even said Used, they have not been used when I put them into the game.

twilight of the republic was $2 at best buy very recently - all the power disc packs were $2 for a deal of the day, I believe it was

edit - my bad, you're talking about the 2 figure set sorry..

No one is going to risk their job for you. Even if you smooth talked your way to do it, the register won't allow it and any attempt at overriding it brings in a manager automatically. You must not post on this thread or others much.
Those overrides aren’t always in the system.

I picked up a Bluray at a Walmart a few months ago that wasn’t due out for several days. It was placed on the shelf by mistake so I went ahead and snagged it, thinking I would probably be denied but the sale went through without a hitch or a tremor.

It never hurts to try.

Ant-Man and Black Suit Spider-Man are back in stock at Best Buy. They complete my 3.0 collection except for the the unreleased ones and Mulan, Olaf, Mickey, and Minnie which I probably won't bother with unless they go on clearance.

Ok, sorry if this has been asked before. I've purchased a ton of these figures, but like the CAG I am I bought them on sale and have yet to play the games. I have a 2.0 starter set for XB1 and a 3.0 starter set for PS4. Anyway, I started trying to catalog these figures the other day using an app and I noticed that one of my figures had scotch tape holding the plastic housing onto the backing board. It appears the little nstruction booklet and code card are in tact though. Then I noticed that of the four figures I ordered from Best Buy this week TWO of them also had the plastic packaging separated from the cardboard and one had been taped. The one was separated so bad that I reached inside and grabbed the card out. Because I've never opened these things before I didn't realize that these cards had this ode on them that looks similar to a PSN code. It says something about a digital download for the toy box mode or something. There was no scatch off or anything so I guess what I'm asking is whether or not it's common for people to pop the packages open to copy those codes? And if it is common, what benefit are they getting without the figure and how screwed am I if the codes have been used?

I can obviously return these recent figures but the others ones I've noticed that have packaging issues are way past their return date.

not sure if this has been posted yet, i havent been here in about a week, but Disney infinity officially got the axe and will be discontinued later this year.

i know i read something about releasing the alice in wonderland stuff, and the finding dory, and then nothing else is set to be released.

might want to work on scooping up the rest of anything before they disappear.

everything at my local walmart has been marked down to 6$ for 1.0 and 2.0, and 11$ for 3.0 stuff.

Ok, sorry if this has been asked before. I've purchased a ton of these figures, but like the CAG I am I bought them on sale and have yet to play the games. I have a 2.0 starter set for XB1 and a 3.0 starter set for PS4. Anyway, I started trying to catalog these figures the other day using an app and I noticed that one of my figures had scotch tape holding the plastic housing onto the backing board. It appears the little nstruction booklet and code card are in tact though. Then I noticed that of the four figures I ordered from Best Buy this week TWO of them also had the plastic packaging separated from the cardboard and one had been taped. The one was separated so bad that I reached inside and grabbed the card out. Because I've never opened these things before I didn't realize that these cards had this ode on them that looks similar to a PSN code. It says something about a digital download for the toy box mode or something. There was no scatch off or anything so I guess what I'm asking is whether or not it's common for people to pop the packages open to copy those codes? And if it is common, what benefit are they getting without the figure and how screwed am I if the codes have been used?

I can obviously return these recent figures but the others ones I've noticed that have packaging issues are way past their return date.
As far as I know, the code unlocks that character for use in the iOS or PC version or something like that. It isn't used for the console versions. If someone is opening them up to take the code, it isn't widespread since I haven't heard that happening before. There's plenty of people that have given away the codes, so if one of yours doesn't work, you can probably get one for free or cheap from someone else.

Those codes are used to unlock the characters in the PC, iOS, and Android versions of the games.

The tape was probably because the plastic and cardboard could have seperated during their initial supply shipment. When we get them in at work we find them coming apart like that when we open the boxes so we just seal them with tape

And if it is common, what benefit are they getting without the figure and how screwed am I if the codes have been used?

The code is used to unlock the character in PC or mobile version which don't use the portal and figures.

However, since March update, you don't need the code at all if you have the console game and using the same Disney account on the mobile version if you also play. Put the figure on the portal (claim ownership if used) will automatically unlock the character for your mobile version (stored in your Disney account, who knows how long Disney will keep it)

Unused code might be sold for $1 if you bother to do it.

Those codes are used to unlock the characters in the PC, iOS, and Android versions of the games.

The tape was probably because the plastic and cardboard could have seperated during their initial supply shipment. When we get them in at work we find them coming apart like that when we open the boxes so we just seal them with tape
Can't that be also returned item? I've heard Walmart might just re-taped it and sell it as they might think it's just a toy figure regardless there is a code.

If anyone wants a stack of /used/ web code cards (about 30 of them) just pay shipping send me a PM. (I don't know if people use these for displays or anything, figured I would offer before I recycle them)

Wow even with the $15 price listed on it plus the Carwheel sticker offer on the shelf tag the same XB1 Toybox pack was still there for me 5-6 days after I passed on it so I picked it up. Now I will just pick up a used 2.0 360 disc at GS next time they have the 4 for $10 sale or something since I still have the 360 base from our 1.0 starter set.

I hit my local BB yesterday afternoon and noticed that even thought there were still a decent amount of Infinity characters in stock, the shelving space for it had been condensed a bit and several characters were sold out.

I was able to grab Ant-Man, Poe Dameron, and the last Black Panther they had. Vision was sold out, I will have to find him somewhere else. 

I noticed that this particular store's 2.0 characters were almost entirely gone, with the exception of a couple Nick Fury's lying about. I think they either clearanced off the remainder of them to condense the space, or sent them somewhere like Ross, Dollar General, or some other place to be liquidated. 

As far as I know, the code unlocks that character for use in the iOS or PC version or something like that. It isn't used for the console versions. If someone is opening them up to take the code, it isn't widespread since I haven't heard that happening before. There's plenty of people that have given away the codes, so if one of yours doesn't work, you can probably get one for free or cheap from someone else.

The code is used to unlock the character in PC or mobile version which don't use the portal and figures.

However, since March update, you don't need the code at all if you have the console game and using the same Disney account on the mobile version if you also play. Put the figure on the portal (claim ownership if used) will automatically unlock the character for your mobile version (stored in your Disney account, who knows how long Disney will keep it)

Unused code might be sold for $1 if you bother to do it.

Can't that be also returned item? I've heard Walmart might just re-taped it and sell it as they might think it's just a toy figure regardless there is a code.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the quick responses. I don't think I would have any interest in playing the PC/mobile versions anyway.

I noticed that this particular store's 2.0 characters were almost entirely gone, with the exception of a couple Nick Fury's lying about. I think they either clearanced off the remainder of them to condense the space, or sent them somewhere like Ross, Dollar General, or some other place to be liquidated.
I don't think BestBuy needs to send those 2.0 figures out, at least my near by BestBusy stores and online have cleared most 2.0 figures even before they did the $3.99 on the rest of 2.0 figures a few weeks ago. After that latest round $3.99 on 2.0 figures, most Marvel figures should be gone except the March released figures (Ant-Man, Black Pather those were not discounted at that time). Online website seems have 2.0 figures restocked, might be those written off from Disney

not sure if this has been posted yet, i havent been here in about a week, but Disney infinity officially got the axe and will be discontinued later this year.

i know i read something about releasing the alice in wonderland stuff, and the finding dory, and then nothing else is set to be released.

might want to work on scooping up the rest of anything before they disappear.

everything at my local walmart has been marked down to 6$ for 1.0 and 2.0, and 11$ for 3.0 stuff.
Wait, what? This is news to everyone!

For anyone who cares BB has the Alice and Dory figures/set up for pre-order.  

Regular price right now.  Feel free to speculate how long until they hey the cheaper prices.  I went ahead and POed for store pick-up -- can always PM BB if they drop super fast.

I know this whole thing is for kids but I'm kinda baffled that there's going to be a Finding Dory game.

I hope Disney figures out the goldmine they have and has another dev do a fully featured kart racer and smash bros game. It's too obvious.

I was able to pre-order Alice, Mad Hatter, Time, Nemo, and the Finding Dory playset for store pickup at Best Buy.

Paying full price minus GCU sucks, but I can just PM Best Buy if they go on sale shortly thereafter.

Looking forward to Tuesday!

bread's done
Back