Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it weird that I have trouble wrapping my head around buying these used? Sure I mean, they could have been owned by adult collectors ... But maybe they were owned my kids in that phase where they stick ... eh, nevermind ... I'm probably just going to wait for a sale
Clorox Wipes?

Is it weird that I have trouble wrapping my head around buying these used? Sure I mean, they could have been owned by adult collectors ... But maybe they were owned my kids in that phase where they stick ... eh, nevermind ... I'm probably just going to wait for a sale
You guys clearly misunderstand how parenting works. You buy these "toys" because your kids go on and on about how much they will be used and how much fun they'll have. You finally give in partly because you've bought into the hype, partly because you want them to be happy, but mostly just to shut them up. Kid plays with the item for 5 minutes and then never touches it again.

The kid owned stuff is probably the stuff in the best condition.

It's the adult owned stuff that would creep me out, guys...

Seriously...

Wipe them off?  It ain't hard.  Purex wipes, clorox, whatever.  Honestly, my kid plays with them once in a while and the rest of the time they're sitting on my awesome shelf, taking up space and collecting dust.

I got a few used, when they arrived I hosed them down with Lysol and wiped them off.  The ones from the kids risk having broken parts and paint chips, because they tend to carry them around in bags and actually play with them (I know my youngest does).

Picked up a 1.0 starter pack for 3DS at Walmart for $10. I'm going to keep the figures, play set and power disc, and sell the game and portal. But I don't have any 1.0 stuff so I need to find the disc for X360 for cheap. 

Picked up a 1.0 starter pack for 3DS at Walmart for $10. I'm going to keep the figures, play set and power disc, and sell the game and portal. But I don't have any 1.0 stuff so I need to find the disc for X360 for cheap. 

If anyone is interested, Cartwheel just updated (at least for me) with a Disney Infinity 30% off play sets.  Fine print says "Includes Marvel Battlegrounds, The Force Awakens, Rise Against The Empire, Twilight of the Republic, & Inside Out Play Sets", so only 3.0.  

Expires 6.11.16.  

Edit: looks like someone already mentioned it on the Cartwheel thread, but figured it would be worth mentioning it here as well, just in case.

I looked at a couple yesterday on gamestop online and new were $9.99 while used were $11.99 smh

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Anyone know the the GS B2G1 ended? I went in today and they said that they were doing but just found out it ended weeks ago so they stopped. I kind of didn't buy that and wanted to try but didn't feel like dealing with them. :(

Anybody having any luck with the Gamestop B2G3 sale? I went to a couple near me, one had two figures and the other mainly had Anakins. It wasn't that they were already picked over, that's just all they had. 

Also, I stopped by the Meijer near me that reorganized their Toys-to-Life section, and they were fully stocked unlike before. A lot of 2.0 figures and sets, and even some 1.0 figures. All were regular price though. They did have a few of the Rebel figures half off, and 50% off the playset included in the starter packs. May be worth checking out if you have a Meijer near you. 

Anybody having any luck with the Gamestop B2G3 sale? I went to a couple near me, one had two figures and the other mainly had Anakins. It wasn't that they were already picked over, that's just all they had.

Also, I stopped by the Meijer near me that reorganized their Toys-to-Life section, and they were fully stocked unlike before. A lot of 2.0 figures and sets, and even some 1.0 figures. All were regular price though. They did have a few of the Rebel figures half off, and 50% off the playset included in the starter packs. May be worth checking out if you have a Meijer near you.
I had some good luck with the sale. Got Luke, Leia and the Empire landmark, Rapunzel (for my daughter) and FX Kenobi. I really wanted Boba Fett, but they didn't have it. I was tempted to grab the cool cap and the Battlegrounds landmark, but decided against it in the end.

Edit: I went this morning, so the sale is still happening at least for today.

Is that sale still going? I asked earlier and no one seemed to know for sure. If so then I'll go out tomorrow and hit it up. I think it is over though or the employees were lying to me.

Is that sale still going? I asked earlier and no one seemed to know for sure. If so then I'll go out tomorrow and hit it up. I think it is over though or the employees were lying to me.
It's still going on.

The employees at Gamestop didn't seem to have any idea it was back on until they rang up my purchase. Even the manager was sure it had ended and wasn't coming back.

It's still going on.

The employees at Gamestop didn't seem to have any idea it was back on until they rang up my purchase. Even the manager was sure it had ended and wasn't coming back.
Cool, sucks that the site is down right now. I just called and yeah he said that he just found out it was back on. So I guess I'll go into town tomorrow and see what I can find.

Confirmed still going on. My local GS employees were nice enough to allow me to buy from two separate stores and "return" them so I could get the deal.

Ended up getting some older 1.0 characters for cheap.

Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Mike, and Jasmine for $20.

called one GS they told me yes and then recommended their sister location has figures in stock while they do not (they only had new ones). That's customer service.

Got lucky with this sale today.

Stopped at a random GameStop today. Ended up with A complete Spiderman playset (Nova, Spiderman, game piece), black suit Spiderman, and Black Panther for $29. Used the $11 credit I had been holding on to for over a year too. Not bad for $18 out of pocket

Got my Spiderman playset, Venom, Rocket Racoon, and Groot delivered today from HSN. Kinda funny that it was one order, but they shipped everything individually.  Was free shipping, but I can imagine it cost them a fair amount. UPS is $$$

Got lucky with this sale today.

Stopped at a random GameStop today. Ended up with A complete Spiderman playset (Nova, Spiderman, game piece), black suit Spiderman, and Black Panther for $29. Used the $11 credit I had been holding on to for over a year too. Not bad for $18 out of pocket
I stopped in to another Gamestop near me and got relatively lucky too (though a Black Panther would've been great!). Got a Lone Ranger game piece, Tonto, Twilight of the Republic game piece, Ahsoka Tano, and Luke Skywalker. They had a Force Awakens game piece but only Anakins otherwise, so I'll wait for the complete Playset to get cheap before I pick that up. Maybe I should've done the same with Luke, but I really didn't want Anakin. There were also a Sorcerer Mickey, Donald Duck (both of which I have) and a Wreck-It-Ralph, but Ralph was pretty scraped up. Overall I'm happy with what I found, but I don't feel like it's much of a deal.

When to another Meijer today for something unrelated to Infinity, but checked out their section anyway. They were stocked to the brim with 2.0 figures and Playsets. Quite a few 1.0 figures again too, but like the other, all MSRP.

edit: I forgot to mention that I spoke with a couple Gamestop employees at the store I purchased from, and they said the B2G3 sale has been on and off. They had signs up, were told the sale was over, took the signs down, then told the sale was back on. So it may be hit or miss going forward, depending what employees are being told by corporate. But that particular store just got a shipment of preowned figures, so it may just be unofficially on until they deplete enough stock in warehouses.

edit: I forgot to mention that I spoke with a couple Gamestop employees at the store I purchased from, and they said the B2G3 sale has been on and off. They had signs up, were told the sale was over, took the signs down, then told the sale was back on. So it may be hit or miss going forward, depending what employees are being told by corporate. But that particular store just got a shipment of preowned figures, so it may just be unofficially on until they deplete enough stock in warehouses.
Three GS I went to these 2 days, none of them have the sign up, and only one has a written sign at the front door saying B2G3 free for Preowned Skylanders, and I asked the owner if Infinity has the same deal but told only Skylanders. That's bad, I found 4 1.0 play set piece and 1 1.0 figures I want.

Three GS I went to these 2 days, none of them have the sign up, and only one has a written sign at the front door saying B2G3 free for Preowned Skylanders, and I asked the owner if Infinity has the same deal but told only Skylanders. That's bad, I found 4 1.0 play set piece and 1 1.0 figures I want.
You should have them ring it up at the register, the deal should be universal.

If it doesn't ring up, cancel the sale. At worst you wasted a couple minutes of time.

You guys who are hitting up the b2g3 should might want to check Amazon warehouse deals and eBay for some of this stuff. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I've been keep checking that, the only surprise is the bundle deal (1.0/2.0 starter pack with additional figures, I managed to resell the starter packs to get the figures free, but lots of hassle), but never got surprised for single pack, nothing close to the $3.99 BestBuy sales or B2G3 GS (if you're lucky to find 5 you want).

Used Skylanders somestimes do better.

My local Gamestop had Agent P which was the last 1.0 character i needed, so i got him and Baloo, Hiro, Sabine, and Zeb.

This might be common knowledge but ask a GS employee if they have any in the back, mine did and she brought me out a big box of 1.0/2.0 characters to go thru.

Thanks to the OP!  

I traded in a few games for about 60 bucks worth of credit and ended up spending an additional 50 on top of that.  (They had tons at this location.)

I bought Infinity 3.0 (PS4) when it was on PSN for 10 bucks during May 4th week, so I needed some items to go with the digital copy.  I had already ordered a base used from someone on Amazon for about 15 bucks (PS4).

I ended up buying in the sale:

Infinity 2.0 for $2.99 (PS4)

Infinity 1.0 for $.99 (X360)

A base for X360 for the Infinity 1.0 copy ($2.99)

Han Solo

Chewbacca

Obi-Wan

Both SW toy boxes (Twilight & Empire)

Sully & Mike 

Sparrow, Barbossa & Davy Jones

Mr. Incredible

Toy box for these 

Lone Ranger & Tonto and toybox

Lightning & Mater and toybox

Buzz Lightyear and toybox

Thor 

Captain America

Merida

Stitch

and Jack Skellington.

I already owned the Marvel and Spiderman toyboxes.  (Along with Vita Spiderman and Iron Man and Black Widow.)

So I'm set for the foreseeable future.  Now, I just have to find the best levels that folks have created to download before the servers get turned off.

So once again, thanks OP!

Thanks to the OP!

I traded in a few games for about 60 bucks worth of credit and ended up spending an additional 50 on top of that. (They had tons at this location.)

I bought Infinity 3.0 (PS4) when it was on PSN for 10 bucks during May 4th week, so I needed some items to go with the digital copy. I had already ordered a base used from someone on Amazon for about 15 bucks (PS4).
Just so you know...all the bases for every system but 360, XB1, 3DS, and Vita (so basically PS3, PS4, Wii, and WiiU) are identical...$15 is a bit high for a base, I think they are $5 at Gamestop.

Thanks to the OP!

I traded in a few games for about 60 bucks worth of credit and ended up spending an additional 50 on top of that. (They had tons at this location.)

I bought Infinity 3.0 (PS4) when it was on PSN for 10 bucks during May 4th week, so I needed some items to go with the digital copy. I had already ordered a base used from someone on Amazon for about 15 bucks (PS4).

I ended up buying in the sale:
Infinity 2.0 for $2.99 (PS4)
Infinity 1.0 for $.99 (X360)
A base for X360 for the Infinity 1.0 copy ($2.99)

Han Solo
Chewbacca
Obi-Wan
Both SW toy boxes (Twilight & Empire)

Sully & Mike
Sparrow, Barbossa & Davy Jones
Mr. Incredible
Toy box for these

Lone Ranger & Tonto and toybox
Lightning & Mater and toybox
Buzz Lightyear and toybox

Thor
Captain America
Merida
Stitch
and Jack Skellington.

I already owned the Marvel and Spiderman toyboxes. (Along with Vita Spiderman and Iron Man and Black Widow.)

So I'm set for the foreseeable future. Now, I just have to find the best levels that folks have created to download before the servers get turned off.

So once again, thanks OP!
You're forgetting the Force Awakens playset, Marvel Battlegrounds, and Inside Out for 3.0

Just so you know...all the bases for every system but 360, XB1, 3DS, and Vita (so basically PS3, PS4, Wii, and WiiU) are identical...$15 is a bit high for a base, I think they are $5 at Gamestop.
Yeah, the PS4 one wouldn't work with the 360 one so I grabbed it for the Infinity 1.0 I picked up. ($4 altogether seemed worth it.) Yeah the $15 was a bit high in retrospect. Ah well...I got the game for $10 so it all works out for the most part. Thanks for the info.

My local GS found another store in the area that had a used BS Spiderman, Ant-Man, and Vision along with a couple of used Amiibos and they are now being shipped to my store. The girl said even if the B2G3 Free is done by the time they arrive she will still honor it so that will be the last three Infinity guys we need.

Just did another run to Gamestop and got a good haul.

I got Captain America 3.0, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Loki, Ronan, Captain America 2.0, Yondu, Battlegrounds Playset, Falcon, and Hulk for 46.76!

Whats the best way to clean these? I got home and noticed some marking on Caps shield, rubbing it off doesnt seem to work and i dont want to use some chemical that will make it worse. And if i cant get it off will gamestop allow me to exchange it?

Just did another run to Gamestop and got a good haul.
I got Captain America 3.0, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Loki, Ronan, Captain America 2.0, Yondu, Battlegrounds Playset, Falcon, and Hulk for 46.76!

Whats the best way to clean these? I got home and noticed some marking on Caps shield, rubbing it off doesnt seem to work and i dont want to use some chemical that will make it worse. And if i cant get it off will gamestop allow me to exchange it?
Was that a used Battlegrounds piece? How much did that go for?

bread's done
Back