Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a few people (3 or so) who can quickly help me get the 4 player trophy on Disney Infinity 2.0 for PlayStation 4. It is the last one I need. Thanks!

Looking for a few people (3 or so) who can quickly help me get the 4 player trophy on Disney Infinity 2.0 for PlayStation 4. It is the last one I need. Thanks!
Ah, I'm trying to do it on 3.0! Think we could get 2 others to knock out 2.0 and 3.0 online trophies?

Ah, I'm trying to do it on 3.0! Think we could get 2 others to knock out 2.0 and 3.0 online trophies?
I know of one guy from a Facebook group but he doesn't have PS+. he said he should get it by tomorrow. So we only need 1-2 more. Send me a request via PSN. My ID is the same as my CAG name.

My buddy and I also need it for PS4 and haven't been able to find two other players who can do it either.  I will be out until the evening tomorrow (Sunday), but if you're still looking for people at that time, we can probably do it.

Reverand_cletus, and have 2.0 and 3.0 on ps4. hmu on here after adding me on PSN, and I'll get either loaded. On EDT, and free until 5 or 6 today, and again after 11p. Don't do online stuff much (nearly ever), so let me know if there's something specific needed! :3

Reverand_cletus, and have 2.0 and 3.0 on ps4. hmu on here after adding me on PSN, and I'll get either loaded. On EDT, and free until 5 or 6 today, and again after 11p. Don't do online stuff much (nearly ever), so let me know if there's something specific needed! :3
Sent a friend request.

Do Nick and Judy have actual voice acting in game? I watched their character previews and was a bit underwhelmed. It seemed like Judy had one line and Nick just made noises. For characters without levels, I'm always hesitant to buy them if they don't really stand out ... even on sale.

I bought these two for in store pickup, but haven't decided if I'll pick them up yet. I guess I have a week to decide.

My son and I just knocked out Twilight of the Republic but about halfway through voice tracks stopped playing. Then in the last few missions our game save got corrupted ("save error") so we had to press on until we beat Darth Maul. Thankfully Xbox live restored a reasonably far along save game the next time we launched it. It's disappointing knowing bugs like this will never be fixed. I sure hope they got the Finding Dory Playset perfect the first time, since they fired everyone at Avalanche and our chances of bug fixes there are non-existent.

My buddy and I also need it for PS4 and haven't been able to find two other players who can do it either. I will be out until the evening tomorrow (Sunday), but if you're still looking for people at that time, we can probably do it.
I'm looking to do this too. I'll be on at night today as well.

Okay, so I'm home now and have some time to do the 4-Player DI2 PS4 Trophy if anyone still needs it, just hook me up with a PSN name, I guess, and we can get started.

Did yet another GS run, and got Venom, Finn, Rey, Force Awakens Playset, Aladdin, Groot, Vision, Sam Flynn, Rocket Racoon, and Iron Fist for 46.76!

I really need this sale to end.

hoping TRU has another 1.0/2.0 sale again...every Venom I see is either day 1 MSRP or used and broken or really scratched up.

Did yet another GS run, and got Venom, Finn, Rey, Force Awakens Playset, Aladdin, Groot, Vision, Sam Flynn, Rocket Racoon, and Iron Fist for 46.76!

I really need this sale to end.
ive never even seen that many figures at my store. i think right now they have a sorcerer mickey, an iron man, anakin skywalker and about 15 of the clear pieces.

You were lucky on the playset piece; my GS hasn't accepted the shards (playset pieces) since at least December, when a kid tried to sell some, along with some figures and his Infinity Base, and they refused all but the figures.

ive never even seen that many figures at my store. i think right now they have a sorcerer mickey, an iron man, anakin skywalker and about 15 of the clear pieces.
The only reason I think I find so many at my Gamestops is because I live in Orlando and there SO many Disney people here.

Which stores are you going to? I'm in Orlando too but not having lucking finding anything I'm looking for.
The university sq. location seemed to have a lot in stock yesterday, I believe I saw a lot of Star Wars figures there.

Winter park had a few star wars starter characters.

The Lake Mary location had a lot of marvel 2.0 on Saturday but I pretty much cleared them out.

What are you looking for?

Any 3.0 Marvel and a couple Star Wars. Found a Vision in Winter Park the other day but they didn't have anything else I wanted. Not a big deal if I miss out, but keeping an eye open for them.

Since it seems there are a few people in Orlando here...anyone going to star wars celebration in 2017 in Orlando??
Me.

And Tampa has been pretty decent, but since I own all Infinity. I did find an unopened Cars playset at Target for like 10 bucks earlier today. Don't need it so it's still there for some lucky person.

Me.

And Tampa has been pretty decent, but since I own all Infinity. I did find an unopened Cars playset at Target for like 10 bucks earlier today. Don't need it so it's still there for some lucky person.
I live a little over an hour from Orlando so I was excited to see celebration is there so I can finally attend.

I went to the last one here in 2012. Had a lot of fun, so think I'll go back. Haven't bought tickets yet, though.
This one might be pretty insane. This is the first one in Orlando since Disney bought LucasFilms, it's the 40th anniversary of A New Hope (tickets went on sale 39 years from the day that ANH came out in theaters) and it's the Celebration before Episode 8.

Anyone who is doing online trophy (play 10 games - I need 9 more) on PS4, I'd be down. PM me and I'll give you my PSN name. 

This one might be pretty insane. This is the first one in Orlando since Disney bought LucasFilms, it's the 40th anniversary of A New Hope (tickets went on sale 39 years from the day that ANH came out in theaters) and it's the Celebration before Episode 8.
It's also the first one since Disney got rid of Star Wars Weekends....

So...as I understand it, when Disney shuts down the servers for this (as they inevitably will, or they would have said otherwise), the ability to use text in toy boxes will effectively come to an end. This is because the text, as is, must be checked on Disney's end for vulgarity, before it is okay to save as part of your toy box.

Does anyone see a way around this? Is there ANY way Disney might patch this out, so as to save the ability to create meaningfully deep toyboxes?

Nice, I still regret not winning that disk.  But, it's not enough to cry about.  Still silly the did crap like that in the first place.  Was bad enough the way they did the disks....

Nice, I still regret not winning that disk. But, it's not enough to cry about. Still silly the did crap like that in the first place. Was bad enough the way they did the disks....
I am all for rare/exclusive items but I do agree with this to an extent. I think they should have made the D23 one rare/red/lenticular and then a normal one that is clear/normal. Just like they did with D23 Sorcerer Mickey.

But there are some interesting aspects of the discs being in blind bags that I think led to the success and in turn fall of Infinity.

Blind bags helped retailers, people bought them way more because of the randomness and rarity of some discs. It allowed retailers to sell them at a much higher volume. Sure there were left overs but nothing like in 3.0. Everyone attributes the excess stock with the figures, but I see way more power discs then figures at stores on clearance for 3.0.

With 3.0 you bought a 4-set and you were done, there were no more rares and no more trading for discs, so people were one and done if they even cared about the power discs. Everyone who bought Infinity bought it because of the figures and got into the discs as a side-effect (if at all). So when 3.0 rolled around the figures sold well but not the power discs, no where near as many as its predecessors. So while I think excess figure stock was a problem, I personally think the true loss in terms of revenue were the power discs.

I am all for rare/exclusive items but I do agree with this to an extent. I think they should have made the D23 one rare/red/lenticular and then a normal one that is clear/normal. Just like they did with D23 Sorcerer Mickey.
Yea, I bought the 3rd release 1.0 that was the complete set so I didn't have to waste time. I wasted SO MUCH TIME with that trade thread getting it going and running.... and I gotta be honest, traded a lot at a loss to help others more than I received. And pack scratching was super lame. Esp. for those last couple of missing ones. I didn't bother with 2.0... so when 3.0 did their "mini" packs... I dove back in.

And if they did with figs like Skylanders did, I might have straight up hurt someone. I hated how hard the first set/two of Skylanders had that one person that was IMPOSSIBLE to find. Ridiculous. At least with the release windows for Infinity you could count on getting the ones you wanted if you got to the store in the first couple of days.

Yea, I bought the 3rd release 1.0 that was the complete set so I didn't have to waste time. I wasted SO MUCH TIME with that trade thread getting it going and running.... and I gotta be honest, traded a lot at a loss to help others more than I received. And pack scratching was super lame. Esp. for those last couple of missing ones. I didn't bother with 2.0... so when 3.0 did their "mini" packs... I dove back in.
I completed all three sets (1.0/2.0/3.0) due to a good number of people on Facebook, cost me very little compared to the going rate on ebay for them. From a consumer side 3.0 is a LOT better for the power discs, but from a retail side they suck.

let the little one open & play w/Kylo Ren (FX) the other night...he didn't want to play anyone else for the rest of the evening. I had to remind him to focus on the screen or the bad guys are going to get him while he wasn't looking.

I'll be on the look out for more FX lightsaber figures on sale...shame there aren't more FX figures. Hulkbuster could have been epic w/FX lights on the base and not just in the toybox.

Anyone who is doing online trophy (play 10 games - I need 9 more) on PS4, I'd be down. PM me and I'll give you my PSN name.
You can get this by playing 10 games in the arcade with random folks. Sometimes you might have to wait a few minutes to get matched to a game, but it's usually not too bad. I finally got this trophy a couple of weeks ago.

With 3.0 you bought a 4-set and you were done, there were no more rares and no more trading for discs, so people were one and done if they even cared about the power discs. Everyone who bought Infinity bought it because of the figures and got into the discs as a side-effect (if at all). So when 3.0 rolled around the figures sold well but not the power discs, no where near as many as its predecessors. So while I think excess figure stock was a problem, I personally think the true loss in terms of revenue were the power discs.
I'm sure the manufacturing cost and storage cost of power discs is a fraction of the figure. The blind packs aren't blind and the fee of swiping credit cards for buying and returning "blind" packs might not help the store much. For me a non-collectors of power discs, if 3.0 were blind packs, I would not buy any as they're purely optional. But because they are not, I bought all of them when they're on sale for $5 or less.

You can get this by playing 10 games in the arcade with random folks. Sometimes you might have to wait a few minutes to get matched to a game, but it's usually not too bad. I finally got this trophy a couple of weeks ago.
I have tried many, many times and can never get games going. Well, not 'never', I did get one game, but haven't been able to get anymore.

bread's done
Back