Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure the manufacturing cost and storage cost of power discs is a fraction of the figure. The blind packs aren't blind and the fee of swiping credit cards for buying and returning "blind" packs might not help the store much. For me a non-collectors of power discs, if 3.0 were blind packs, I would not buy any as they're purely optional. But because they are not, I bought all of them when they're on sale for $5 or less.
I think you missed my points.

I am sure the figures cost more then the blind bags to make. But everyone who got into Disney Infinity bought figures, not everyone bought power discs for any series. I am sure more people bought a 3.0 set then those who bought blind bags in 1.0/2.0 BUT one person buying a 3.0 set and the store having dozens left over unsold doesn't help. In 1.0/2.0 if someone got into the power discs they could buy upwards of 20 bags in 1 transaction, insane to think of spending $100 on these things especially as a CAG but I know for a fact it happens.

Since they were blind bags people who were into them literally had to buy dozens to get complete sets even if they wanted to trade. For 3.0 they spent $10 and they were done for that "set". There is no doubt in my mind that stores sold way more blind bags then 3.0 sets because we see have seen 3.0 sets on sale regularly for $5 and even $2 in some rare instances. Yes blind bags went on sale for very very cheap but that was near the end of the 1.0 and 2.0 cycles. With 3.0 we were seeing sales mere weeks after they were released.

Manufacturing costs was not Disney's issue it was unsold stock. Any they had waaaaay more power disc sets unsold then figures. Granted the cost may be 10:1 but the retail cost for a figure and a power disc set are not that far off, $10 vs $14.

Also, some stores eventually stopped taking blind bags as returns. I assume Wal-Mart and maybe Best Buy would have still allowed it due to the variety of products and general lack of training employees are given. But GameStop and Toys R Us most certainly did not allow returns after they caught wind of people buying them and going home and figuring out what ones they wanted and returning the rest.

I am not saying the figures were not an issue, I am sure they were, but I have not seen many people bring up the negative impact that the 3.0 power disc sets had as well.

I have tried many, many times and can never get games going. Well, not 'never', I did get one game, but haven't been able to get anymore.
The only game I was successful in joining and getting enough players was the paintball one, which is the arcade setup closest to the door on the end.

Played in the middle of the afternoon one day a month or so back and got enough players in 5 minutes or so, and just kept rejoining when the game was over. Many of the players were the same for all 10 matches.

It is better to use the big machine at the front that randomly puts you on 1 of the 4 other machines automatically. If there are other players looking for a game it will automatically put you in that queue. If no one is looking it'll just throw you into a queue for a random game, but at least you have a chance of getting 1-3 other players right off the bat with the "random" machine.

Seems like the Battlegrounds set is getting a bit harder to find, anyone else noticing this? I've seen it in stock at some Targets but others are wiped. Granted the 30% off is good incentive this week, but it still seems rare compared to plentiful Force Awakens and Inside Out sets.

Seems like the Battlegrounds set is getting a bit harder to find, anyone else noticing this? I've seen it in stock at some Targets but others are wiped. Granted the 30% off is good incentive this week, but it still seems rare compared to plentiful Force Awakens and Inside Out sets.
It's the newest set, and we're still in the moment of Civil War hype.

Saw a few at Walmart just now, but yeah the other sets are much more plentiful.

It's still on sale for $20 at Best Buy btw.

So...as I understand it, when Disney shuts down the servers for this (as they inevitably will, or they would have said otherwise), the ability to use text in toy boxes will effectively come to an end. This is because the text, as is, must be checked on Disney's end for vulgarity, before it is okay to save as part of your toy box.

Does anyone see a way around this? Is there ANY way Disney might patch this out, so as to save the ability to create meaningfully deep toyboxes?
Servers will be down by the end of the year they said, no date but will go at some stage between now and then.

Unfortunately due to the team all being laid off means we won't get another patch (which I would love with the unreleased figures available)

Managed to get Battlegrounds at Target for $13.99 after PMing Amazon and using the Cartwheel coupon. Not exactly above board, but possible if you're buying a few items.

The only game I was successful in joining and getting enough players was the paintball one, which is the arcade setup closest to the door on the end.

Played in the middle of the afternoon one day a month or so back and got enough players in 5 minutes or so, and just kept rejoining when the game was over. Many of the players were the same for all 10 matches.
That's how I got the "play one match" trophy. I wasn't able to get anymore games going after it though and haven't really tried again since. Prior to that I had tried a LOT on all the games.

Servers will be down by the end of the year they said, no date but will go at some stage between now and then.

Unfortunately due to the team all being laid off means we won't get another patch (which I would love with the unreleased figures available)
Any source on the servers announcement? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to read it. Thanks!

My Walmart had most single figures on clearance for $9, except the ones most recently released (Alice and a few other random selections).

I found it odd that Vision and Black Panther were on clearance, but not Ultron or Hulkbuster.

If thats the case, 3 more games to add to the need to do trophy list

Boy that's a kick in the nuts! Bad enough they discontinued it, now they're really showing how they treat loyal fans and supporters.

Boy that's a kick in the nuts! Bad enough they discontinued it, now they're really showing how they treat loyal fans and supporters.
Um...the game and studio was shut down, how do you expect them to maintain the servers for more then 6+ months with no income and no employees?

Um...the game and studio was shut down, how do you expect them to maintain the servers for more then 6+ months with no income and no employees?
Servers can be pretty cheap to run once the volume scales down. Especially if they go to virtual servers and they can handle the smaller load.

Servers can be pretty cheap to run once the volume scales down. Especially if they go to virtual servers and they can handle the smaller load.
Cheaper to run is still a cost, and with no employees to deal with issues it isn't something that will happen and I don't blame Disney for it. It's not that they closed down just the DI side of things. They do not have any gaming division left.

our Best Buy had Nemo out.. turned into an issue because my 4 year old DI player is also obsessed with Nemo and he doesn't get the point that we couldn't get it because it isn't supposed to be out yet... he just saw it on shelf and wanted it.. pretty cool it comes with 2 discs for the same price too

Dumb question but I just want to make sure before going digital...

Are saves from the PS4's disc version of the 3.0 compatible with the digital version?

Disney Infinity 3.0 digital version is on sale this week for PS3 or PS4 only $6 on PSN.  You still need a base and character to play though.  At this price, it pretty much worth converting from disc just for the convenience.

EDIT: Should clarify, $6 if you have PS+, $9 otherwise.

Disney Infinity 3.0 digital version is on sale this week for PS3 or PS4 only $6 on PSN. You still need a base and character to play though. At this price, it pretty much worth converting from disc just for the convenience.
Wish they had something similar on the XBOX One side too!

Bah, must have missed that one.

How is the Twilight of the Republic set? Worth seeking out if you don't care about the Clone Wars universe?
It's the weakest of the three, more linear, less challenges, but it's still ok.

I played the Star Wars playsets in order, then the three Marvel 2.0 games in order, and you could really see how the quality progressed from one to the next with elements added to each new release. I think the only slip up was Endor in the Rise Against the Empire set.

It's the weakest of the three, more linear, less challenges, but it's still ok.

I played the Star Wars playsets in order, then the three Marvel 2.0 games in order, and you could really see how the quality progressed from one to the next with elements added to each new release. I think the only slip up was Endor in the Rise Against the Empire set.
To me, the weakest is the Force Awakens. It doesn't actually follow the story, which I think the developer didn't get the whole story plot before they developed the game, even the biggest "twist" of the movie wasn't in the game. The missions are very out of line from the movie which makes the game rather dull if you have seen the movie. If it wasn't named Force Awakens, it might be ok.

To me, the weakest is the Force Awakens. It doesn't actually follow the story, which I think the developer didn't get the whole story plot before they developed the game, even the biggest "twist" of the movie wasn't in the game. The missions are very out of line from the movie which makes the game rather dull if you have seen the movie. If it wasn't named Force Awakens, it might be ok.
While that is true, I couldn't care less how closely it followed the story, especially after liberties taken with the set before. What it did do however is add a fantastic old school set of top down space shooter challenges, perfect the flight combat, added a challenge based lake section (which was admittedly shaky in terms of performing stunts) and introduced the moon bases which were a really nice surprise. It felt the most polished. So much so, I'm bummed we won't get to see what they had up their sleeves with Rogue One.

I think you're expecting a bit much from a game that's primarily aimed at kids. Following the movie loosely was more by design... it released alongside the movie and I'm sure people would have been pretty pissed to have the movie spoiled for them by a game that is meant to be more lighthearted in nature anyway.

Bah, must have missed that one.

How is the Twilight of the Republic set? Worth seeking out if you don't care about the Clone Wars universe?
Weird, but ultimately enjoyable. The environments ante very pleasing to roam around in and the enemies from that universe are fun to battle (there are some cool droids). The first few missions include a lot of careful jumping across moving platforms across machines that kill you instantly. My kid was frustrated, but we got through it and the rest of the the game is pretty normal after that.

I got the software for $10 and the Playset pack for ~$15 from warehouse deals. The 3.0 content is great but this set is probably the weakest of the lot.

I think you're expecting a bit much from a game that's primarily aimed at kids. Following the movie loosely was more by design... it released alongside the movie and I'm sure people would have been pretty pissed to have the movie spoiled for them by a game that is meant to be more lighthearted in nature anyway.
The play set was released on the same day as the movie, not before the movie. I would be surprised someone playing the game, when the movie was already out, would be expecting there would be no spoiler. And it's not just "lighthearted", it simply doesn't have much from the movie story. I'm not blaming the developer, I'm certain the movie team only gave them a vague plot because they didn't want the plot leaked to the public well before the release of the movie (but not after the movie was released)

The Rise against the Empire recreated some memorable scene beautifully and many missions are repetitive but some are still related to the characters. I'm not familiar with the Clone Wars story, but I think the playset would be about the same.

The new GS weekly ad has 6/18 as infinity day sale. I'm guessing $9.99 for figures and some maybe 20% on playsets?
If $9.99, they have already done that many times and it's very weak compared to $4.99 for all Skylanders Superchargers figures for Skylanders day less than 2 weeks ago.

I finally bit on the $9.99 Toy Box Speedway from Best Buy...since they're usually $20 everywhere else and I have never seen one used I'm not patient enough to wait for a better discount.

(picked up Deadpool as well, decent buy for $11.99)

Anyone hear anything new about the GS Infinity Day Sale?

I have a RZ certificate that's about to expire and debating on picking up the Toybox expansions at Best Buy for $10 each. Is it worth it at that price as I've seen it sold at $10 often though noticed I see less of them around at stores lately.

!?! These are AWFUL.

3.0 play sets $30.
Marvel battlegrounds for $25.
3.0 starter $45

And. Wait for it...

2.0 starter is $40

Pathetic GameStop. Just pathetic. They really put the stop in game stop.
I went to two Gamestops over the last several days and I believe these prices have already been live in the store for at least the last few days. I know Marvel Battlegrounds was already marked down a few days ago as a "New Low Price." Also, the 2.0 starter packs in my local store are on clearance for about $25 I believe, which still isn't too exciting.

Was pleasantly surprised by my local gamestop's selection on the buy 2 get 3 free sale, got 2 amiibo (splatoon boy, mario 30th anniversary), and 3 infinity figures (boba, darth, sam flynn). 

As for their "sale prices" today, I guess they're hoping to trick people into buying before the prices really hit clearance level. I can't really blame them, there's probably a lot of stock.

bread's done
Back