Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
R3DH3R0, on 11 Jul 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:
Dory and Nemo were the last ones :[
Damn. Was hoping they'd at least do Bella, Beast and The Emperor before it finished... so many icons didn't even get a figure like most of the Disney princess and Simba.

A lot of the under $6 figures shot up to $9.99 today.  I could not finalize my order last night because I was traveling.  I'll still get the Dory set (achievements) and I will probably get the Inside Out set for the good price.

That's my thought ... they have sooo much stock at the stores I've been to. I'm grabbing the $2.99 figures and the $3.99 figures I've been holding out on, but waiting on $4.99 and up. Just worried that a couple of the figures will get harder and harder to find, but I'm not going for a full collection (just don't see the point since there won't be future unlocks or benefits sadly).
(Preface: Not joking) I was thinking that they may be anticipating using this as door busters for the BF weekend. For example, get 3 free figures when you buy a starter set. They may think that those buying a new system this holiday season will also buy a starter pack. When they do, they'll need figures.

Along my line of thought, any clearance would happen in January after the chance of holiday sales to new console owners is gone. Now the flaw in my reasoning (which I see) is that prior console generations used the same figures so people may buy new consoles and new starter packs but that wouldn't provoke them to buy more figures because they may already have them.

A lot of the under $6 figures shot up to $9.99 today. I could not finalize my order last night because I was traveling. I'll still get the Dory set (achievements) and I will probably get the Inside Out set for the good price.
Yeah, it happened around when the playsets dropped. Seemed like a Daily Deal, but I do not recall it being listed among them yesterday (nor are playsets among them today). Maybe they just cleared out enough stock to satisfy them for a bit. It is only listed as "Save" on figures and playsets in the weekly ad, with no specifics in how much.

Thanks for the heads up! These were the last two 3.0 play sets I was waiting to drop. I watched Brandon Jones play the Inside Out and Finding Dory play sets on Toy Box Tuesday, and I think I got just as much enjoyment out of watching the play sets being played as I would have actually playing them. I'm not the biggest fan of the figures (loved the movies), and have better platformers yet to play.

My order from yesterday shipped, but one figure wasn't included. I hope that ships separately and I just haven't gotten a confirmation email yet.

Yeah, it happened around when the playsets dropped. Seemed like a Daily Deal, but I do not recall it being listed among them yesterday (nor are playsets among them today). Maybe they just cleared out enough stock to satisfy them for a bit. It is only listed as "Save" on figures and playsets in the weekly ad, with no specifics in how much.
If you went to the Deal of the Day page on the Best Buy site yesterday, it clearly marked this as a Deal of the Day yesterday. So they planned to remove it and switch to the $10 price. Which is still a sale price for the purposes of the the weekly electronic ad.

(Preface: Not joking) I was thinking that they may be anticipating using this as door busters for the BF weekend. For example, get 3 free figures when you buy a starter set. They may think that those buying a new system this holiday season will also buy a starter pack. When they do, they'll need figures.

Along my line of thought, any clearance would happen in January after the chance of holiday sales to new console owners is gone. Now the flaw in my reasoning (which I see) is that prior console generations used the same figures so people may buy new consoles and new starter packs but that wouldn't provoke them to buy more figures because they may already have them.
I think they would have to be leery of promoting the game too much if Disney is going to shut the servers down at the end of the year as rumored. You may end up with a lot of angry people wanting to return the game if all the advertised toybox sharing isn't available.

I could see them just selling off the figures as door busters and trying to distance them from the game aspect. Or as a giveaway if you spend a certain amount of money.

Months ago at one Toys R Us in particular they were running a flat 50% off any DI figure. I'm fairly certain it was just this store because they had the most stock I'd ever seen. Literally a full aisle plus three packed bins of figures. Assuming that TRU way overstocked at their warehouses, I would assume that we'll see similar discounts soon.

The BF sales are possible, but I would expect that since DI is a dying product line that they will try to repurpose the space with the new skylanders and maybe Lego game before the holidays. Who knows, with so much stock they may end up having some sort of E.T. in the desert moment soon 😜

Months ago at one Toys R Us in particular they were running a flat 50% off any DI figure. I'm fairly certain it was just this store because they had the most stock I'd ever seen. Literally a full aisle plus three packed bins of figures. Assuming that TRU way overstocked at their warehouses, I would assume that we'll see similar discounts soon.

The BF sales are possible, but I would expect that since DI is a dying product line that they will try to repurpose the space with the new skylanders and maybe Lego game before the holidays. Who knows, with so much stock they may end up having some sort of E.T. in the desert moment soon
They could always sell the figures as cake toppers :)

Ended up getting the Star Wars sets, $4 a piece is where I want to be on this stuff. Watched some Dory gameplay and wow she looks like a terrible character. Think I might wait on that set and hope it drops a bit further.

That's very likely to happen where there will be some sale just throwing stuff at you. At $3-4 a figure though I really don't think clearance is going to get much better when it happens. Maybe the last couple figures that no one wants and linger on shelves will hit 80 or 90% but most will probably be gone by the time they're 75% off like this.

So we just opened the Finding Dory set and noticed there wasn't a code card for Dory... not a big deal, but my son was looking for it because he likes collecting them.  Anyone else with the set notice if there was a card for her?

So we just opened the Finding Dory set and noticed there wasn't a code card for Dory... not a big deal, but my son was looking for it because he likes collecting them. Anyone else with the set notice if there was a card for her?
They dropped PC support a few sets ago, no cards in Alice, Nemo or Baloo sets and figures I believe.

Didn't realize Nemo came with power discs. I assume they're just the textures for the set but still a nice little bonus.

Wound up trading Luke and Finn to GS when I picked up Song of the Deep. Have zero interest in them and it offset the cost of the two playsets by almost $10 so I feel slightly better about that purchase.

So is it my understanding that the PC version will be completely unplayable once the servers are taken down, unlike the console versions? I ask because I've played with most of my stuff while keeping it in the packaging and haven't registered most cards on the PC version. If that's the case, there's no real reason to do so. I know I read something somewhere about the PC version being impacted directly because of the way it cycles characters and always connects to the servers. Any idea if this is true?

So is it my understanding that the PC version will be completely unplayable once the servers are taken down, unlike the console versions? I ask because I've played with most of my stuff while keeping it in the packaging and haven't registered most cards on the PC version. If that's the case, there's no real reason to do so. I know I read something somewhere about the PC version being impacted directly because of the way it cycles characters and always connects to the servers. Any idea if this is true?
Everything indicated that it does require an online connection. Too bad, would have been cool to see someone mod all the cancelled stuff in to it.

It looks like Best Buy is having a sale again on the Disney Infinity figures with the Deal of the Day prices. It wasn't listed under the DotD but you can do a search for Disney Infinity and find them.

It looks like Best Buy is having a sale again on the Disney Infinity figures with the Deal of the Day prices. It wasn't listed under the DotD but you can do a search for Disney Infinity and find them.
Darth Maul down to $2 now. Play sets are back up though so guess I'm glad I ordered them now.

Darth Maul down to $2 now. Play sets are back up though so guess I'm glad I ordered them now.
I came here to post these two things. Also, the sets are back to full price. Didn't realize it was a one day deal for those. Struck out at the BB by my work on break so I figured I'd just order them for pick up when I got home and prices had already gone back up. I thought BB's prices changed around 2 or 3am est?

I came here to post these two things. Also, the sets are back to full price. Didn't realize it was a one day deal for those. Struck out at the BB by my work on break so I figured I'd just order them for pick up when I got home and prices had already gone back up. I thought BB's prices changed around 2 or 3am est?
1 EST.

I've got Obi Wan, Darth Maul, Kylo Ren, and Poe waiting for pickup at the local BB, but rebought DM for the lower price just in case they go back up. Woo saving $1!

Oh snap...I just bought a huge lot of them, but w/GCU every figure was about $3.19 or lower.

So basically I traded Quantum Break at it's peak TIV for about 12 figures.

woo hoo!

Either Best Buy's free shipping times have improved or they just has a massive stock of these at all of their warehouses because I received all the figs I ordered Sunday morning earlier today.

Man, that Nemo figure looks nice, really cool they reprinted the toybox skins as a pack-in bonus.

Either Best Buy's free shipping times have improved or they just has a massive stock of these at all of their warehouses because I received all the figs I ordered Sunday morning earlier today.

Man, that Nemo figure looks nice, really cool they reprinted the toybox skins as a pack-in bonus.
Same here. My order of 13 arrived already earlier today. I thought the same thing when I saw the Nemo figure. I own the power discs already, but it's still cool of them to include those. My only complaint is that they shipped the 13 figures in a box big enough to fit two bodies. And they didn't put any kind of packing material in there. Just some cheap air bubbles are all I ask.

Edit: That sounded wrong. Two bodies or like 100 figures could have fit in this gigantic box.

Mine weren't packed too bad, order of ten shipped in two boxes with little wiggle room, one was opened up a bit as if someone was taking a peek on what was inside, but everything was in good condition.....except for Mickey's paint job being susceptible to scratches....though I had just pulled him in from the heat, so that's probably why.

Anyways, got a couple extra codes if anyone needs them...

Mickey - 4GZM-LJMY-DWYP

Maul - F57D-NBFH-J9RL

That's because they are mostly shipping from stores. If you are signed up for package alerts from UPS they will tell you which one it came from.

Speaking of codes, Does the Mad Hatter come with one?  I ask because I had Best Buy ship me a few figures because they didn't have a store pickup option for a couple.  Basically did a large order to get free shipping.

My Mad Hatter came with two of those safety instruction booklets.  I'm guessing it was a mistake, but also wonder if the newer figures might not come with them because it's cancelled?

Our Mad Hatter didn't come with a code. Neither did Nemo or Alice (we've only opened 3/16 so far).
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if it was a plant error, getting two of those safety instruction booklets. But it seems like there are no codes for newer figures.

Speaking of codes, Does the Mad Hatter come with one? I ask because I had Best Buy ship me a few figures because they didn't have a store pickup option for a couple. Basically did a large order to get free shipping.

My Mad Hatter came with two of those safety instruction booklets. I'm guessing it was a mistake, but also wonder if the newer figures might not come with them because it's cancelled?
Codes aren't needed anymore. As long as you pair your figure with a console version, they'll work in the other versions.

Codes aren't needed anymore. As long as you pair your figure with a console version, they'll work in the other versions.
Thanks for the info. Been out of the loop for a while.

I got into Infinity because of Star Wars and got all their figures. Then slowly bought the Inside Out playset and all their figures. Then came the cancellation annoucement and now I want them all. lol They really make nice figures. I actually prefer the figures than actually playing, which probably sounds crazy.

I have all the figures now except the Nemo Playset and a couple 1.0 Crystals, and I still have never even unwrapped either of the 3 discs (Which I probably will have to soon for trophies before servers go down)

Picked up 10 different figures at Best Buy today. Came home and ordered another 9 different figures. Focusing on completing my Marvel and Stars Wars collections first.

I have all the figures now except the Nemo Playset and a couple 1.0 Crystals, and I still have never even unwrapped either of the 3 discs (Which I probably will have to soon for trophies before servers go down)
Aren't the only ones that require any internet the ones that are added with the update for Dory and Battlegrounds? That will be available as long as the patch is on PSN.

bread's done
Back