Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone just traded in a bunch of figures in the last couple days a ton a local gamestop but I'm at work. Please nobody take them.

It usually gets donated to a Goodwill or something.
I never seen any new DI figures in my local Goodwill, when my local Targets had all 2.0 figure disappeared.

The wall of Yoda (mostly and other 3.0 figures) in my local Target was replaced by a wall of Amiibo of figures I don't know.

I never seen any new DI figures in my local Goodwill, when my local Targets had all 2.0 figure disappeared.

The wall of Yoda (mostly and other 3.0 figures) in my local Target was replaced by a wall of Amiibo of figures I don't know.
It's not like they carry them right out the door and over to it.
Depending on the volume and value of the product, I'd kind of expect that you'd first see the Infinity figures find their way to a liquidator- it's show up at the various stores that buy liquidation and closeout products, if there's enough of it, maybe dollar stores as well.

Given the volume, I highly doubt they'd just get donated to Goodwill... that'd likely be the mixed boxes of 1-2 ofs of items that survive past the whole clearance schedule.

Aww see you guys already discussing.. came on here after just leaving target.. wowww dunno why they didn't just mark them down more and get rid of stock instead of pulling them

Aww see you guys already discussing.. came on here after just leaving target.. wowww dunno why they didn't just mark them down more and get rid of stock instead of pulling them
I think only seasonal items get marked down to 90%, others (at least electronics) only to 75% before they're sent off, and very often they have been removed from the system already (price scanner would say item not found).

They sell them to stores like TJ MAXX, Five Below, etc. Must be worth it to them to dump them all at once. Then parents will see them for $5 at Five Below and go "wow! Only $5!".

I thought they might have been a rare exception that got dropped to 80% off, but I guess not.

I think only seasonal items get marked down to 90%, others (at least electronics) only to 75% before they're sent off, and very often they have been removed from the system already (price scanner would say item not found).
The usual max is 70% off now. Changed from 75% a couple years ago. Aside from seasonal items getting marked down to 90% off, on some rare occasions items do get an additional drop to 80% off.

Target took them off due to game servers being shut down according to friend that works target they were told to pull them by company
If that was true they would have removed Project Spark a while ago. DI stuff went through the usual clearance protocol and after not selling for a few weeks at 70% off got removed for external liquidation as per normal.

Guys, some targets marked the DI figures at 85% off so $2.24.

I suck at posting pictures...i'll try later.
that's interesting. at least two of the targets near me have removed them. haven't checked at others, though.

is there any way to check this online?

How is this version? I'm more PC than console so does it need a controller or mouse/keyboard?
I haven't played a lot of this version, but from what I've gathered, it's not as quite good as console. There's no multiplayer and I'm pretty sure some areas are missing that appear in the console version. It should also be noted that while it's "free", it's barely more than a demo unless you own at least one playset and a few characters. But if you're looking for something to do with those webcodes, I don't see how it could hurt you.

You can use either controller or mouse/keyboard. I'd recommend controller though. The camera can be a little brutal at times, which makes mouse and keyboard feel laborous...in my opinion, anyway.

I guess i assumed everyone was playing... played a lil yesterday and it was still working but i didnt try to redeem anything..
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying, but most of the PC download links have been removed. The game isn't on Steam anymore (until they redo it for the Gold version...and charge God knows how much), and even if you go directly through disneyinfinity.com, it tells you the game is no longer available. Microsoft Store/Windows 10 was the only place I could find to download it if you hadn't already done so.

Guys, some targets marked the DI figures at 85% off so $2.24.

I suck at posting pictures...i'll try later.
VERY YMMV.

I went to a few more stores and they have different prices.

Store 1 - no DI figures, but have a bunch of the starter kits - price was $6.xx

Store 2 - nothing

Store 3 - they had everything, scans as "out of the system", and the cashier would only put the 70%

Store 4 - they had everything, scans as "out of the system", and the cashier would only put the 50%, last clearance sticker price. Crazy

Store 5 - nothing

The first store had a clearance sticker with a 85 on the top right corner, no other store had that.

Meijer is also put all DI on clearance. It's weird though, all figures, 1.0 power disc packs and play sets are only half off, but starter sets are $10.

Meijer is also put all DI on clearance. It's weird though, all figures, 1.0 power disc packs and play sets are only half off, but starter sets are $10.
It makes sense from a business side of things.

A person only needs 1 starter set but they may want a lot of figures once they get the starter set. Plus starter sets take up more room (generally speaking) then a single figure so they want them gone faster.

How is this version? I'm more PC than console so does it need a controller or mouse/keyboard?
The PC version works like the console versions in controlling, you can use keyboard/mouse but the keys are very confusing (in all 1.0/2.0/3.0 versions).

It works best with USB wired Xbox 360 or Xbone controller which the game has built-in support. If the game detects your controller, it will show those Green A, Blue X keys in tutorial. All control just work like in console.

PC version has stopped update since March, so you can't unlock or play as Zootopia figures, even though they showed up grayed out in Collection and also have an empty statues in Hall of Heroes. As a result, I can't unlock the Kingdom Heart Keyblade as those 2 figures are required.

Any figures released since March and obviously Marvel Battlegrounds and Dory play set are not available.

PC version does have additional Quests for unlocking toy box items and Daily Challenge to unlock more toy box items which is the same as the challenge in Toy Box Takeover.

They sell them to stores like TJ MAXX, Five Below, etc. Must be worth it to them to dump them all at once. Then parents will see them for $5 at Five Below and go "wow! Only $5!".
Have never seen DI in TJ Maxx or Ross, but Playmation has appeared in Ross for months, so might be a possibility.

Skylanders appeared frequently in TJ Maxx/Marshall though, bought some 3-pack from Giants even GameStop exclusive. And Swap-Team figures have just appeared a few weeks ago

It makes sense from a business side of things.

A person only needs 1 starter set but they may want a lot of figures once they get the starter set. Plus starter sets take up more room (generally speaking) then a single figure so they want them gone faster.
No I meant it was weird because their random sales had most DI stuff for cheaper than their "clearance."

Check your local goodwills. There's a bunch of 3.0 figures and power discs at mine. Discs are .99 and figures are $3.99.
My goodwill is $8.99 for figures...so even during the 50% sale...it's still higher than target's 70% clearance price.

Target $4.48 vs Goodwill $4.50

Your Goodwill is better than mine.

My goodwill is $8.99 for figures...so even during the 50% sale...it's still higher than target's 70% clearance price.

Target $4.48 vs Goodwill $4.50

Your Goodwill is better than mine.
That sucks. I hate when goodwills mark up the price when the clearance stickers are obviously cheaper. I was surprised to see them there because target that's near there still has some on a clearance endcap.

Just checked out another goodwill near me. Picked up a ps3 infinity 3.0 collectors edition for $10. They also had a bunch of 3.0 and 2.0 starter sets for $5. This is in Bolingbrook, il if anyone from here is interested.

Local walmart marked down ant man and maul to 2.79 or so. Picked up ant is I already have Maul

Edit. Guess someone posted earlier but it wasn't all figures. Waiting for Boba to hit that price

I passed by TRU yesterday and noticed all 3.0 figures were 4.96. Was that part of the weekly deal and dead today or is that something they were running with?

bread's done
Back