Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Is around $4 for each figure (TRU) the best deal right now? Would like to complete 3.0 collection...
Just about if you want them new. There has not been a TRU glitch where sales overlap recently. Was able to get some for a $1 each. Seeing how lego dimensions were ending up at 99 cent city or whatever that store is called, don't be surprised if some of these end up at dollar stores too. No way to really predict that though.

Gamestop had a 10 preowned figure for 20 sale not too long ago but they have stopped accepting trade ins so their stock of harder to find figures is probably drying up. Their buy2g3 is still live though i think in store

The 10 for 29 at Gamestop must've really worked for them, because the Gamestops news me don't have any used figures. No new figures either for that matter. 

Any of them harder to get? They have lots of marvel and Star wars around me for about 2 a piece. I picked up boba Fett and Vader. They are very neat toys.

Just got the arcade trophies. Took me 2 hours from getting the 1st trophy (1 arcade game played) until the 2nd trophy (10 arcade games played)
Yes, but now do you plan on trying to reach the in game feat for 25 arcade games? Should only take you about 3 more hours to get that.

Also a big thanks to Kain for his response above regarding the resetting and reimport process. Glad someone understands how this whole mess works.

Yes, but now do you plan on trying to reach the in game feat for 25 arcade games? Should only take you about 3 more hours to get that.

Also a big thanks to Kain for his response above regarding the resetting and reimport process. Glad someone understands how this whole mess works.
I think I am just going to settle on platinuming the game and not going after all the feats.

No problem, happy to help.

I think I am just going to settle on platinuming the game and not going after all the feats.
Congrats on the arcade trophies. Did you ever get your 2.0 trophy? They figured out how to keep the connection stable enough to earn it shortly after you left on Wednesdays. I think it may have been Papa who figured it out. I know I've added a handful of people to the group discussion since Wednesdays and some of them are going for the 25 arcades, so if you do decide to pursue it, keep in mind we're all in there and others may be wanting it too and looking to/for help. :)

Just about if you want them new. There has not been a TRU glitch where sales overlap recently. Was able to get some for a $1 each. Seeing how lego dimensions were ending up at 99 cent city or whatever that store is called, don't be surprised if some of these end up at dollar stores too. No way to really predict that though.

Gamestop had a 10 preowned figure for 20 sale not too long ago but they have stopped accepting trade ins so their stock of harder to find figures is probably drying up. Their buy2g3 is still live though i think in store
There was a glitch last week. I got about 30 characters for $1.33 each. But I think it requires a lingering buyXgetX sale and an impending % off sale to overlap since the prices seem to change before the b1gx sales end so who knows if that will happen again. $4 for some that are lower in stock is fine for me though.

But I am still seeing a ton of most 3.0 and still even 2.0 in many stores, so I wouldn't be surprised if a 90% off all happens in the near future.

Does anyone know why baymax is so hard to find? It's 2.0 but only available at reseller inflated prices.

No problem, happy to help.

Congrats on the arcade trophies. Did you ever get your 2.0 trophy? They figured out how to keep the connection stable enough to earn it shortly after you left on Wednesdays. I think it may have been Papa who figured it out. I know I've added a handful of people to the group discussion since Wednesdays and some of them are going for the 25 arcades, so if you do decide to pursue it, keep in mind we're all in there and others may be wanting it too and looking to/for help. :)
I never got it. If I am on, I'll always be up to doing more of the arcade

With all this 3.0 talk, I'm considering firing that up and trying to join in with everyone. It seems I'm the only one playing 2.0!

Any of them harder to get? They have lots of marvel and Star wars around me for about 2 a piece. I picked up boba Fett and Vader. They are very neat toys.
I think it depends. Around here, Vader and Skywalker are easy to find, but just about everything else is not. That includes Toys R Us, Gamestop, Best Buy and Meijer. Wal-Marts here have nothing. I think at this point no certain figure is inherently hard to fine, because everyone is readily available on Amazon and eBay.

I need help on 3.0 for Xbox One getting the toy box takeover and speedway 4 player ones. I've messaged a few people here but timing has not worked out yet. My gamer tag is DecidedHorse326 (yes I just use the default one that ms assigned). My Xbox live ends at the end of today. Let me know if anyone has both expansions and may have time to help me knock these out about 12 hours from now. Help me random stranger, you're my only hope.
I'm on XB1 but I have't had a chance to play DI 2.0 or 3.0 online for awhile. Family, work, etc. My gamertag is SpiderMan322.

Hey all, I'm going for the 2.0 trophies. Currently I'm stuck with a friend with the all four one trophy. I've read you just need two people with two controllers yet we get a PSN error saying we need two separate PS+ accounts. Can you do this with two people online or do you really need four? If so, is anyone around tonight to help out on PS4?

Hey all, I'm going for the 2.0 trophies. Currently I'm stuck with a friend with the all four one trophy. I've read you just need two people with two controllers yet we get a PSN error saying we need two separate PS+ accounts. Can you do this with two people online or do you really need four? If so, is anyone around tonight to help out on PS4?
Yeah you can create a secondary account tied to another email to have two ppl on both sides for a total of four. I can login soon with my 2nd account as well. PSN ID: SammySID

Red Flag Deal hunter on the east coast of Canada

Yeah you can create a secondary account tied to another email to have two ppl on both sides for a total of four. I can login soon with my 2nd account as well. PSN ID: SammySID
Thank you. The issue we are running into is I'm reading you have to have two separate paid for PS+ accounts on each console to get this trophy. Is this correct? I'm online now with my PS+ account and have a second controller with a regular account. Same with my friend as well and we both can't invite one another since the second accounts are not PS+.

Essentially so far I'm gathering you actually need four people total.

Thank you. The issue we are running into is I'm reading you have to have two separate paid for PS+ accounts on each console to get this trophy. Is this correct? I'm online now with my PS+ account and have a second controller with a regular account. Same with my friend as well and we both can't invite one another since the second accounts are not PS+.

Essentially so far I'm gathering you actually need four people total.
That would suck if it actually requires 4 plus accounts

I could be a 4th as I need those trophies as well. PSN name is ikehouserock.

Edit: Ack, sorry, thought this was for 3.0. I have 2.0 as well but I assume I'd need to go through tutorials.

I could be a 4th as I need those trophies as well. PSN name is ikehouserock.

Edit: Ack, sorry, thought this was for 3.0. I have 2.0 as well but I assume I'd need to go through tutorials.
I don't believe you do. The toy box trophy is easiest with Assault on Asgard. Already have three of us lined up so I'll shoot you an invite and let's see what happens.

Thank you to Sammy and Isaac fro the assist late night.

As a heads up for everyone else, in DI2 for the 'all four one' trophy, you MUST have four separate people with four separate PS+ accounts for it. The guides online saying two people with two controllers are not correct. All of us just loaded the Assault on Asgard toy box disc, hopped in, and the trophy pops pretty easily.

Thank you to Sammy and Isaac fro the assist late night.

As a heads up for everyone else, in DI2 for the 'all four one' trophy, you MUST have four separate people with four separate PS+ accounts for it. The guides online saying two people with two controllers are not correct. All of us just loaded the Assault on Asgard toy box disc, hopped in, and the trophy pops pretty easily.
That's not true!!

I have two controllers and I got the trophy with other person with two controllers.
It wasn't workin at first because I had my second controller as a "guest" so I had to make another PSN account and Bam! Trophy earned!
And you dont need PSPlus for the second controller, just make sure to have your other controller signed in with your second account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few of us tried multiple times last night and it would not work until we got a fourth person in the party and joined us. Not sure how you got it to work then.

i've never even played online on infinity. It seems like it could have benefited from a simple 'play online' option but i guess thats on purpose for the kids.  So you can only invite friends to play online?

Currently I have 3.0 on XB1. Working on obtaining 1.0 for 360.

I can be online for a couple hours this afternoon probably, if someone needs help on PS4 with 2.0 or 3.0 stuff...I'm in the discussion group as JoshTX. If I don't see anyone playing Infinity I will probably play a different game. 

I would say at this point, this is the thread for that. Romeo, don't forget I sent you a friend invite on PSN. Once you accept, I can add you to our PSN group discussion. I know some people in there are setting something up for tomorrow evening.

I would say at this point, this is the thread for that.
For sure. My comment about the flash sale was in jest of course which brought up the notion of a discussion thread. There's some people who think that this sub-forum should ONLY be for deal discussion, but that's bull. Discussion is bound to happen.

Fun fact: yours truly invented the term "Deals and Discussion Thread". When I 'owned' amiibo thread 2.0 I decided to call it that because discussion was inevitable. Other threads have adopted this moniker, even ones started by mods. I believe people trying to sell their own stuff needs to stay completely clear of these threads though, the subforum for that is set up quite well.

There doesn't seem to be much to discuss with the deals anyway. Other than the occasional Best Buy Deal of the Day and when there is a TRU glitch (unfortunately, that may be done too if they switch to in store only for all future deals), most of the other sales are the same for the stores that still carry the items. TRU seems to rotate between 75% off, B1G2 free and B1G3 free each week.

Are the codes worthless yet? If they are still valid here are 2 for anyone that wants them:

6SNF-V63P-KGFX (Anna and Elsa combo pack)

5VGL-LPWF-B7XV (Olaf)

I don't always have a lot of free time, but I finally opened up Infinity 3.0 that I purchased a couple weeks ago for 4.99 from best buy. Also picked up Dory, Inside Out, and Force Awakens packs. Would be down to join the group to get some of the feats done when I can manage. I'll probably also try to hit up a toys r us on my way to work tomorrow or Saturday and see what's still up for b1g3.

Edit: On PSN add Senusret

That's not true!!

I have two controllers and I got the trophy with other person with two controllers.
It wasn't workin at first because I had my second controller as a "guest" so I had to make another PSN account and Bam! Trophy earned!
And you dont need PSPlus for the second controller, just make sure to have your other controller signed in with your second account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too got this trophy with one other person with 2 controllers each. My 2nd PSN account doesn't have PS+ either.

I too got this trophy with one other person with 2 controllers each. My 2nd PSN account doesn't have PS+ either.
Does your 2nd need to sign into disney account though even if it doesn't have ps plus?

I'm on XB1 but I have't had a chance to play DI 2.0 or 3.0 online for awhile. Family, work, etc. My gamertag is SpiderMan322.
I'm on XB1, too, when are you usually online? JDawgg77
Anyone think they might be available to try for some feats for 3.0 on Xbox1 this weekend? I really need the toy box takeover and speedway 4 players ones most urgently since those require directly inviting friends whereas the arcade ones you can eventually finish by waiting for randoms to show up. If anyone has those 2 expansions and think they might be available Saturday night or Sunday please pm me. (I have been working 7 days a week lately but our computer system at work is going to be down part of the weekend so I am going to take some me time, lol) Thanks.

Anyone think they might be available to try for some feats for 3.0 on Xbox1 this weekend? I really need the toy box takeover and speedway 4 players ones most urgently since those require directly inviting friends whereas the arcade ones you can eventually finish by waiting for randoms to show up. If anyone has those 2 expansions and think they might be available Saturday night or Sunday please pm me. (I have been working 7 days a week lately but our computer system at work is going to be down part of the weekend so I am going to take some me time, lol) Thanks.
I have xb1 as well. Is there anything involved to get the feats? Quick or time consuming? I believe i have takeover but not speedway so if we get a xb1 crew together let me know.

Takeover's feat is rather quick. Just have to play through a stage in Takeover and defeat the boss with all four players. I suggest the fourth stage (Star Wars) as it is both pretty straightforward and has the most treasure chests for those who are looking to pick up sidekick gear. I'd say under five minutes.

Speedway is similar, four players take part in a single Mario Kart-style race.

The Syndrome story is pretty much just the intro movie. Once you gain control, you'll be able to enter the Pirate level.  Defeat the boss in there.

I've got xbox 1 (and wii u) and both expansions and might be available later sunday.  But I haven't even started the game yet so don't know how much I have to do first in order to play those.

I've also got 1.0 and 2.0 if there are any online tasks that need the servers.

I'm thinking it's a good idea to download other's toyboxes to have before the closure as well?  If there is any guide or suggestions for those, I'm open to hear them.

So I completed all the achievements in Infinity 2.0 and Infinity 3.0 for both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One (and in the case of 3.0 in the Windows 10) versions.  Should I get rid (gift or sell) the 360 versions or the One versions?  I could get more for the One versions and keep the 360 ones but I also would like to prolong the life of my 360's drive as long as possible.

I've got xbox 1 (and wii u) and both expansions and might be available later sunday. But I haven't even started the game yet so don't know how much I have to do first in order to play those.

I've also got 1.0 and 2.0 if there are any online tasks that need the servers.

I'm thinking it's a good idea to download other's toyboxes to have before the closure as well? If there is any guide or suggestions for those, I'm open to hear them.
For both 2.0 and 3.0 there is an introduction that has you playing through some worlds and different characters for a few minutes before you can get into the toy box hub and game. The first time I put toy box takeover on it asked me to play a sidekicks tutorial, but I don't remember if it was required or just suggested. Then I could get to toybox takeover right from the main menu.

Regarding people's toy boxes to download the ingame system has a section for Disney recommended and top rated/downloaded that should cover most of the ones worth playing. I just scrolled through the lists and downloaded a ton of them that sounded fun. Who knows if I will ever have time to play them all but why not.

I definitely suggest downloading an XP generator level, just incase you want to power level any of your figures at any point in the future.

I definitely suggest downloading an XP generator level, just incase you want to power level any of your figures at any point in the future.
Are there good generators available for each 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0 out on disneys server? Or do you need to friend someone that has one created?

I think on 3.0 I saw one that was for farming food for upgrading sidekicks, but I never saw one labeled xp generator. I saw some posts that suggested creating your own as any that Disney would approve for upload were not efficient enough. Any more info on how to find a good one?

Anyone interested in trying for Xbox 360 achievements?  Local store was clearing out Infinity stuff and I bought 2.0 for 50 cents disk only, but I have it for PS4 so I don't think I need the figures anyway.  Will I run into a problem if I use the 2.0 figures from my PS4? (I know they will work, but will I have to reset them to play on Xbox?).

I have 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 for 360 and I do not have any of the online achievements. 

Anyone interested in trying for Xbox 360 achievements? Local store was clearing out Infinity stuff and I bought 2.0 for 50 cents disk only, but I have it for PS4 so I don't think I need the figures anyway. Will I run into a problem if I use the 2.0 figures from my PS4? (I know they will work, but will I have to reset them to play on Xbox?).

I have 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 and I do not have any of the online achievements.
I think 360 needs its own specific base. $3 at gamestop. Don't know about resetting figures. I ended up finding a 360 2.0 marvel starter pack for 25 cents at frys.

bread's done
Back