Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

After the first gold pack and the crystal McQueen not to mention all the exclusive Skylanders they've had over the last 2 years I really can't believe that any store doesn't restrict them.

So... I bought the power disc holder. I assumed that thing would hold ALL of the upcoming hexes and discs. But it seems like it has the current ones plus just a handful of other ones. It can't possibly be all of them though. That's kind of disappointing.
The book? If you bought the tru exclusive book, it will hold all 10 exclusive discs and all of series 1.

Edit: I keep forgetting the last page button goes to the last read post instead of the last page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some scans. I did not scan the barcode side of the coupons, this is more a visual reference.

The specific coupon in question:

Page 1 of the flyer
Page 2 of the flyer

So after getting my in-store pickup order cancelled Saturday morning on my way to that TRU store, I quickly used my phone to place another order at the next closest store to me that had in-store pickup available. Unfortunately, that store is 25 miles away. As I posted on Saturday, I continued on to the store that had cancelled my order and found out that they had 2 packs left on the shelf, which I bought. Since I had a busy weekend, I hadn't really decided whether or not to make the trek out the further store and pick up those two additional packs, or just cancel that order. Obviously resale isn't really on the table as the cost of gas would basically negate that, but it would be nice to have some trade bait if I miss out on some of the later exclusives. I was thinking of maybe heading out there today.

So imagine my surprise when I got an email at 8:30 this morning saying "thank you for picking up your in-store order!".

Wait, what?

I called TRU customer service and spoke with a supervisor, they are gonna call the store when it opens and see what's going on. While I realize it could just somehow be a simple mistake, this seems like something shady occurred.

So after getting my in-store pickup order cancelled Saturday morning on my way to that TRU store, I quickly used my phone to place another order at the next closest store to me that had in-store pickup available. Unfortunately, that store is 25 miles away. As I posted on Saturday, I continued on to the store that had cancelled my order and found out that they had 2 packs left on the shelf, which I bought. Since I had a busy weekend, I hadn't really decided whether or not to make the trek out the further store and pick up those two additional packs, or just cancel that order. Obviously resale isn't really on the table as the cost of gas would basically negate that, but it would be nice to have some trade bait if I miss out on some of the later exclusives. I was thinking of maybe heading out there today.

So imagine my surprise when I got an email at 8:30 this morning saying "thank you for picking up your in-store order!".

Wait, what?

I called TRU customer service and spoke with a supervisor, they are gonna call the store when it opens and see what's going on. While I realize it could just somehow be a simple mistake, this seems like something shady occurred.
Oh shit, the same thing happened to me last week.

I ordered the Crystal Lightning McQueen accidentally from a store that's like 400 miles away. Obviously I wasn't going to make that drive, so I decided to just let it time out and then cancel itself.

Nope. The night before it would have been canceled I got a "Thanks for picking up your order!" e-mail.

I called the 1-800 number up and they said they would be getting back to me...that was Thursday and I still haven't heard anything. I'm thinking I'll probably be calling them again tomorrow night.

Anywho, all this talk about crowd-related nightmares over the tron disc release has me nervous about future releases of the TRU exclusive discs. My local store wasn't mobbed or anything Saturday morning when I went in to buy a few things, (in fact it was rather quiet and peaceful) but I'm nervous I won't be so lucky in the future. It'll be my luck that some local scalper pops up in the next two weeks and starts clearing out stores in my area or something.

I'm guessing I'll probably have to do in-store pickups on the discs from now on in an effort to avoid driving myself crazy with worry that they'll be sold out because I showed up 10 minutes after opening instead of 5.

I had the same thing happen to me during the first week of sales. It turned out that the store had accidentally marked my order as picked up and was still sitting in the pick up area. I called the customer service number, and a supervisor was able to contact the store and figure it out. I had no issue picking it up afterwards. Theoretically if it was for a store you have no interest in visiting, you could probably ask them to return the item.

Whatever method they use for tracking online orders is subject to mistakes, apparently. Based on the second one I did this weekend and the interaction between the desk and the stockroom, I would guess that scanning the hold tag automatically marks it as picked up. So, if someone scans the wrong one, it gets processed automatically.

I had the same thing happen to me during the first week of sales. It turned out that the store had accidentally marked my order as picked up and was still sitting in the pick up area. I called the customer service number, and a supervisor was able to contact the store and figure it out. I had no issue picking it up afterwards. Theoretically if it was for a store you have no interest in visiting, you could probably ask them to return the item.

Whatever method they use for tracking online orders is subject to mistakes, apparently. Based on the second one I did this weekend and the interaction between the desk and the stockroom, I would guess that scanning the hold tag automatically marks it as picked up. So, if someone scans the wrong one, it gets processed automatically.
Maybe I'll call them again tonight. I'd call the store themselves up, but I have this overwhelming sense that I'm just gonna confuse the fuck out of someone. Especially if I ask them to "Return this item that says picked up but I'm not physically returning to the store." I think they'll probably just laugh at me at that point.

Or maybe I'll just flag the purchase on my card.

Just my luck. I went to the 2 BJs near me and they both had Mater and Francesco but not Dash. When I was at Target on Saturday they had Mater and Dash but no Francesco. Hopefully BJs restocks their supply at some point this week, so I can try them again.

Just my luck. I went to the 2 BJs near me and they both had Mater and Francesco but not Dash. When I was at Target on Saturday they had Mater and Dash but no Francesco. Hopefully BJs restocks their supply at some point this week, so I can try them again.
You should buy 2 mater & dash at Target and exchange Franceco later whenever target have it instock. Same deal as skylanders :)

I had that problem too, I couldn't find Francesco anywhere. I just ended up ordering online instead. The only things I need as of right now are the Lone Ranger and Cars sets, I regret not getting rain checks for them at Target. I tried to stay away from this game but my daughter really wanted it and I caved.

Maybe I'll call them again tonight. I'd call the store themselves up, but I have this overwhelming sense that I'm just gonna confuse the fuck out of someone. Especially if I ask them to "Return this item that says picked up but I'm not physically returning to the store." I think they'll probably just laugh at me at that point.

Or maybe I'll just flag the purchase on my card.
Just wanted to give an update on this...I called the actual store instead of the national line today. The manager (I assume) saw in the computer that it was picked up, but the cashier that handled the transaction wasn't in at the time, so I'll be getting a call back tomorrow.

Here's hoping I get my refund with no hassles.

I've been waiting for a call for the last 7 days from a manager who said she can't do anything because the person who works the back of the store for in store pickup wasn't there. I don't get why she couldn't just refund me right there. She looked at the tapes to confirm nobody picked up the order, it was just incorrectly marked as picked up and complete. Huge difference. One charges me, one doesn't.
Getting annoyed.

Oh, if I don't get a credit by the end of the week or at least some sort of inclination that I'm getting a credit soon, definitely going to be disputing it with my Credit Card company.

Update again! (Not that anyone cares.)

No phone call today. I called the store back, but I realized I didn't write down who I spoke to yesterday. The nice lady on the phone told me I likely spoke to the Assistant Manager, and gave me his name.

She said he won't be in tomorrow, but the general manager will, from 7-4. Here's hoping he can give me some answers.

I'd like 3 TRON discs for the experience boost.. but anything more is overkill. I still have 0.

Oh it's 2 per char? In that case I want 2. :p

Well yeah, if you're a dirty cheater.
:roll:

You're okay with using a power disc to bump up the experience gained, but using in-game mechanics to level up your character faster is crossing the line? Splitting hairs here; to each their own, but that's a thin line.

^That. In over an hour of playing I have... a level 5 char, maybe? I like playing the game, not abusing stuff in it.
You can play the game however you want. That's not my point.

The whole point of my original post was that the disc is next to useless as far as what it brings to the game. I could understand people being upset if they wanted to collect them all, but you're not missing out on anything if you can't find it.

Being upset because you're missing out on the small bump in experience gained is stupid.

I picked up 11 Tron discs last week but only kept 4 of them. With the round power discs I'm keeping 4 of each since that's how many you can use at a time playing 2 players. The other 7 were trade bait so I could complete my 2 sets. If I can find more I may pick them up just in case i need to do a trade later on down the road

:roll:

You're okay with using a power disc to bump up the experience gained, but using in-game mechanics to level up your character faster is crossing the line? Splitting hairs here; to each their own, but that's a thin line.
Have you been banned by an MMO and whined about how you were only using in-game features and weren't exploiting? Or how if they didn't want you to swear they can turn the filters on? Abusing a mechanic isn't actually playing the game as the creators intended.

These are the 5 new toy boxes available for download right now.

MiceChat.com said:
Spooky Castle Race - Race a spooky track that twists and turns through a haunted castle!
Classic Cruise - Cruise through our recreation of Disneyland's classic Autopia attraction.
Lava Puzzler - Move the blocks to solve this lava-filled puzzle!
8 in 1 Arena - Choose from eight combat arenas! Trigger an arena and then fly through the super cannon to face off with your friends.
3 Little Houses - Jump, and charge, and knock these three little houses down!
Source: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-infinity/185724-disney-infinity-disney-toy-boxes.html

These are the 5 new toy boxes available for download right now.

Source: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-infinity/185724-disney-infinity-disney-toy-boxes.html
I have a question about these toy boxes that are prebuilt. Is there really a point to them other than exploring and adding on/customizing them? For example a toy box with a race track in it. If me and a friend are playing is there anyway we can start a race mini game on that toy box or are we just supposed to race around ourselves and pretend to keep track?

I have a question about these toy boxes that are prebuilt. Is there really a point to them other than exploring and adding on/customizing them? For example a toy box with a race track in it. If me and a friend are playing is there anyway we can start a race mini game on that toy box or are we just supposed to race around ourselves and pretend to keep track?
The Cave of Wonders one lets you start a race against the AI even with a friend playing. SO as long as they included that feature in the racing toy boxes they release, then yes you can race opponents.

Have you been banned by an MMO and whined about how you were only using in-game features and weren't exploiting? Or how if they didn't want you to swear they can turn the filters on? Abusing a mechanic isn't actually playing the game as the creators intended.
Give me a break... this isn't WoW, its Disney Infinity.

All I said was the only point of having a Tron disc was for collection purposes because you can level up characters with little effort in this game.

Let's not get into the whole "my way of playing the game is better than yours" argument.

Thanks

Looks like the TRU Series 2 Power Disc packs are in stock online - if you really want to pay that much to ship it. It's nowhere in stock near me.
Bought 5. Flipping one will offset the shipping cost.

Of course I just bought a pack yesterday on ebay for $10.

Two for me, one for my niece and one for my nephew.

Mickey Fickey...

Happened to be near a TRU so stopped in to see what they had.  Find some 30+ gold packs on the floor :drool:

So grope those suckers to find some packs with round discs thinking I'd have a good shot at finding a Tron.  Bought four packs and they all have Mikes Car :roll:

Opened the only pack which wasn't dup's for me: Mike's Car & W-I Ralph's sugar rush.

Wanna try and swap'em out while they still have stock.  But with my luck they'll all turn out to be returns from hoarders.

Mickey Fickey...

Happened to be near a TRU so stopped in to see what they had. Find some 30+ gold packs on the floor :drool:

So grope those suckers to find some packs with round discs thinking I'd have a good shot at finding a Tron. Bought four packs and they all have Mikes Car :roll:

Opened the only pack which wasn't dup's for me: Mike's Car & W-I Ralph's sugar rush.

Wanna try and swap'em out while they still have stock. But with my luck they'll all turn out to be returns from hoarders.
If they have Mike's Car in them I would try and hold on to a few. Later down the road Mike's Car is only going to be harder and harder to get.

bread's done
Back