Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Added some new deals to the OP including Toys R Us bringing back their 2 for $6 sale on power discs. Also a reminder for those with BJ's local to them, the B2G1 will expire on Wednesday, 9/18.

Toys 'R Us
Buy 1 Disney Infinity figure or accessory, get one 40% off
2 for $6 on all Disney Infinity Power Disc Packs (cheapest as they have ever been)

Walmart
Disney Infinity: Prima Official Game Guide (great price) - $11.99 (reg. $19.99)
If I could offer a suggestion, I would move all the pre-order links to a separate section of the OP, similarly to how you did with the expired deals. It's a bit difficult to decipher what's a deal and what isn't immediately.

Also, Kmart has single figures for "Buy 1, get 1 50% off" this week. 9/15 to 9/21

Finally, if you want to include an "Upcoming Deals" section, Target will have the Starter Kit on sale for $59.99 from 9/22 to 9/28 (Reg. $74.99), and Kmart

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY Target restocked their Lone Ranger sets. Used my rain check for $17.50. Except for the 2 Incredibles kids, I've got it all. Probably won't bother with the other crystal figures - other than Mickey.

Thanks maximumzero edited the main post to make it more readable by separating out the pre-orders.  Also added the Kmart deal and upcoming Target deal on the Starter Pack.

Wow, Series 2 isn't out until 11/26?  That seems like way too long of a gap - I have a feeling a lot of people are going to lose interest.  We already kind of have in our household after playing through the MU, Lone Ranger, Pirates, and most of the Cars play sets.  I'm getting kind of burnt out and with very little new content coming (just Toy Story, right?) it seems like my desire for collecting more power discs will be long gone by the end of November.  I realize this is a push for Christmas sales but still, that seems a bit late even for that.

Wow, Series 2 isn't out until 11/26? That seems like way too long of a gap - I have a feeling a lot of people are going to lose interest. We already kind of have in our household after playing through the MU, Lone Ranger, Pirates, and most of the Cars play sets. I'm getting kind of burnt out and with very little new content coming (just Toy Story, right?) it seems like my desire for collecting more power discs will be long gone by the end of November. I realize this is a push for Christmas sales but still, that seems a bit late even for that.
Agreed. I feel like they should've broken things up into smaller waves, and released new figures/sets/discs every 5-6 weeks. Waiting 3 whole months is way too long... It'll still sell well in my opinion, but I really think they messed up staggering sales the way they are and won't keep maximum potential. Kids can be fickle, without new things coming out to keep their attention, they'll just move on to something else.

Well, if you are getting burned out already, wouldnt it be better having the gap so you have some time away and get back into it when the new stuff is out?

FINALLY Target restocked their Lone Ranger sets. Used my rain check for $17.50. Except for the 2 Incredibles kids, I've got it all. Probably won't bother with the other crystal figures - other than Mickey.
I took my raincheck to Toys R Us today, because my local Targets seem determined to never restock, and they were willing to price match it. Might be worth it if you're getting sick of waiting on Target, like me. I wish I'd thought to try it sooner; those sets have been setting at TRU forever.

So the TRU exclusive discs will be in wave 2, at least in appearance, but was anyone confirmed they will be exactly the same in-game? Could it be the exclusive discs offer some slight variation from the non-exclusives, aka the Crystal Lightning McQueen? 

So the TRU exclusive discs will be in wave 2, at least in appearance, but was anyone confirmed they will be exactly the same in-game? Could it be the exclusive discs offer some slight variation from the non-exclusives, aka the Crystal Lightning McQueen?
Nah, they'll be identical.

The Toys R Us exclusive discs appear in the appropriate slot in the hall of heroes when you scan them, just as the "standard" releases discs would.

Here's hoping they have some decent deals on October 13th then.

I don't think I'm gonna pre-order, but I'll probably place an order online for in-store pickup.

Added some new deals to the OP including Toys R Us bringing back their 2 for $6 sale on power discs. Also a reminder for those with BJ's local to them, the B2G1 will expire on Wednesday, 9/18.

Toys 'R Us

Buy 1 Disney Infinity figure or accessory, get one 40% off

2 for $6 on all Disney Infinity Power Disc Packs (cheapest as they have ever been)
The 2 for $6 does not seem to be applying on TRU's website...will the store match their online deal?
Also, just to verify, is the 2 for $6 really the best deal so far (aside, of course, for the 9/7 combo w/ the 40% coupon that made them $1.80 each)?

Went to TRU today to do the buy 1 get 1 40% off deal on the display cases got 4 sets but I need 2 more sets for the other 6 figures. They didn't have a single power disc pack in the store. Pretty crazy how this is picking up compared to the week of the trading event where I found everything in stock

The "buy 2 for $6" offer only applies to one set of two packs per online order. Really lame.

The promotion doesn't appear to be valid in store, but my TRU price matched the online sale after looking it up.

With that 'Race to Space' pack just announced, is anyone else thinking that Disney is going to be milking the hell out of these crystal figures? I mean, they're already re-releasing an exclusive as part of a two pack with a new exclusive. Sure, Skylanders was devious in some of its marketing, but it seems like Disney Infinity has been designed to take your money from all sides (blind packs, exclusives, bundling old and new exclusives, multiple waves of all of the above, etc). Almost seems sort of evil ...

Crap I just relized that the 13th is also the day Swap Force gets released. TRU is going to be a madhouse that morning.
Dammit. Here's hoping I can set up a in-store pickup for the figures and the power disc pack early that morning so I don't have to fight any crowds.

I think I got lucky with the last power disc pack being fairly readily available. I fear it won't be the case this time.

I'm still on the outside fence with this game.

These PowerDiscs are for use in Toy Box mode only correct?

To fully beat each game you will need all of the figures associated to that gameworld? Or game can be fully beaten using only 1?

To fully beat each game you will need all of the figures associated to that gameworld? Or game can be fully beaten using only 1?
The hex-shaped power discs which include gadgets and themes only work within toy box mode, but the round power-discs with alter stats on your character are usable in playsets as well as the toy box mode.

You can beat any of the starter kit playsets with just the starter kit figures, but buying multiple figures allows you to unlock vaults within each starter kits with include toy box pieces.

Power discs come in 3 flavors, a power up like health, money, or damage bonus you use in game or anywhere, a item like a gun or car etc. that can be used in Toy Box, and a texture/sky set that changes the look and feel of your Toy Box levels.

You only need 1 character to beat any of the levels but you need ALL the character of a Playset to unlock their textures and sky. For example if you want to make a Radiator Springs level a la Cars you have to unlock the content by buying all 4 cars figurines.

The Playsets vary in quality but are very charming as a Disney experience and generally fun as a casual/exploration game on their own. The Toy Box has unbelievable potential but is currently broken in horrible ways and there is no ecosystem for sharing or browsing content. The amount of content in Toy Box that you can unlock is unparalleled imo though. If you like the idea of playing with thousands upon thousands of Disney items, both popular (Cinderella's Carriage) and obscure (Disney World Toy Story 3D Ride Cart), then the Toy Box will be good experience even now.

Random crystal McQueen on the shelf at TRU this morning ... decided to grab it just because ... that might make me a bad person.
That's how it worked with me...just a random snap in my brain and next thing you know I was buying one.

Of course it may actually be going back to the store if this "Race to Space" nonsense comes to fruition.

Get the Lone Ranger while you can... noticed Amazon jumped price to $60 overnight. Really starting to think the pricing on all of this sucks
... my kid wants Dash and the sister... but its like $20 on a buy one get one half... and for only a couple hours of real use, that hurts.

That's how it worked with me...just a random snap in my brain and next thing you know I was buying one.

Of course it may actually be going back to the store if this "Race to Space" nonsense comes to fruition.
Race to Space is almost definitely happening... but if you buy it, there will probably be some other set later that you will wish you bought instead (like a crystal Buzz/Zerg combo - I know Zerg's not in the game but you get the idea).

Starting to need a spreadsheet to figure out the best way to buy these items without overspending. I came to the conclusion yesterday that I was best off buying the Girl Power set, NOT buying the Frozen set due to the discs being available in general packaging, and NOT buying the Wreck-It Ralph set for the same reason (and the duplication of Vanellope in the Girl Power set). I fully expect there will be more loosely connected 3 packs released in the future, after a chunk of people have spent money on the single figures.

I would not be surprised to see a Break Out Your Wallet Again set featuring an exclusive crystal Apprentice Mickey along with Francesco and Syndrome.

Get the Lone Ranger while you can... noticed Amazon jumped price to $60 overnight. Really starting to think the pricing on all of this sucks
... my kid wants Dash and the sister... but its like $20 on a buy one get one half... and for only a couple hours of real use, that hurts.
Yeah. And I feel some of these characters are a bit more substantial than others. A Mr Incredible or Ralph is a nice sized figure... but Dash is dinky. My daughter already squeezed him in between the couch cushions and one of his fragile little feet broke off the base. You'd have to chuck a Lightning McQueen at the wall to break it, and even that might not work.

I wonder when they're planning to roll out the crystal Lone Ranger, given how badly the film did. Hmm, maybe it'll be free with the blu-ray ;-)

Race to Space is almost definitely happening... but if you buy it, there will probably be some other set later that you will wish you bought instead (like a crystal Buzz/Zerg combo - I know Zerg's not in the game but you get the idea).

Starting to need a spreadsheet to figure out the best way to buy these items without overspending. I came to the conclusion yesterday that I was best off buying the Girl Power set, NOT buying the Frozen set due to the discs being available in general packaging, and NOT buying the Wreck-It Ralph set for the same reason (and the duplication of Vanellope in the Girl Power set). I fully expect there will be more loosely connected 3 packs released in the future, after a chunk of people have spent money on the single figures.

I would not be surprised to see a Break Out Your Wallet Again set featuring an exclusive crystal Apprentice Mickey along with Francesco and Syndrome.
I'm just hoping that: a) The Crystal Buzz figure is eventually offered individually, and b) the TRU disc included in the Race to Space set isn't exclusive to that set.

If you ever get around to making that spreadsheet, you mine sharing it with the rest of us? Pretty please. :)

What Wreck it Ralph set are you guys referring to? All I've seen is Ralph single character, Venellope single character, and Venellope in the Girl Power 3-pack.

I've got a raincheck for the Cars Set at $17.49, but I already found it at another Target. If anyone wants, and you're in the Bay Area, I'll mail it to you for free. Figured someone can put it to good use.

Raincheck is good until 10/07/13. Can't be used online.

Just shoot me a PM

bread's done
Back