Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Went to try and hold a Rapunzel locally, and this made me chuckle:

11153030315_eafc495a27_o.jpg

Just came back from Target. There was a line of 15 people before me, I went to pick up a Wii U Mario/Luigi bundle. They were all wanting PS4, the store had 15 XboxOne LOL...they all left.

Anyway the 20% coupon worked for Vanelope and the $59.99 Series 2 disc bundle. Also worked for the Wii U Mario/Luigi bundle!

On a side note, it worked for the Minecraft PC game gift card.
What is this 20% coupon you speak of?

[attachment=1251:photo.JPG]Btw, this morning I saw on TRU.com a blurb in store that if you buy a Disney Infinity item over $30, you get a $10 gift card. You can technically get it for $20.99 ($30.99 - $10). It's a slightly cheaper price than buying it with a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off and averaging the prices between the two items ($30.99 + 15.49 = $46.50 plus tax)

I took a bad picture of it on my phone. Naturally it's not on their site now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been up to date with this thread, but is there any sale on Toy Story playset? That's the only one I'm interested in right now.

attachicon.gif
photo.JPGBtw, this morning I saw on TRU.com a blurb in store that if you buy a Disney Infinity item over $30, you get a $10 gift card. You can technically get it for $20.99 ($30.99 - $10). It's a slightly cheaper price than buying it with a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off and averaging the prices between the two items ($30.99 + 15.49 = $46.50 plus tax)

i don't see anything about this on the website

Ugh, why did it take so long for GameStop to update their in-store stock checker? :whistle2:(  Looked at it last night and everything was in stock around me, now only 1 store around me has Jack Skellington, but it doesn't have the Mike one. I guess i'll just do the B1G1 50% off at Toys R Us. Not really in the mood to drive around for 40 minutes hoping to get a return/exchange to get both through the b1g1 free deal. 

I think this is due to the starter set going for so little lately. There was the price mistake at Walmart and now the the sets are going for $38 everywhere. Stores are probably hoping to make some money back on the playsets at full price.
That price mistake was the only reason I even got into this. $18 was too good to pass up especially with 2 small kids.

attachicon.gif
photo.JPGBtw, this morning I saw on TRU.com a blurb in store that if you buy a Disney Infinity item over $30, you get a $10 gift card. You can technically get it for $20.99 ($30.99 - $10). It's a slightly cheaper price than buying it with a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off and averaging the prices between the two items ($30.99 + 15.49 = $46.50 plus tax)

It's listed on their weekly ad, sadly it's one gift card per guest

http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage?storeid=2561529&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=ToysRUs-131201&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=1

Valid 12/1 - 12/7

In Store Only - FREE Gift Card with your DISNEY INFINITY starter pack, figure or...
accessory purchase of $30 or more* or FREE $30 Gift Card with your DISNEY INFINITY starter pack, figure or accessory purchase of $100 or more*
Skylanders and Disney Infinity games and toys are not interchangeable. *Offer available in store only. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Promotional Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 2/1/14, except where prohibited. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per guest. Offer expires 12/7/13. See card for Terms & Conditions. See store or Toysrus.com/helpdesk for return policy details concerning this promotion. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

For anyone in Meijer territory, Disney Infinity items are 20% off this week. Saw the sale signs in the store, so not sure if this is online also. This is for single figures, playsets, and 3-packs.

What are your thoughts regarding the crystal figures? Are they worth getting if you already have the regular version? I.e. sully vs crystal sully?

What are your thoughts regarding the crystal figures? Are they worth getting if you already have the regular version? I.e. sully vs crystal sully?
I got one crystal figure and my kids don't even play with it. They'd rather play with the fully colored version. It's not even very visible in the Hall of Heroes - your character starts facing away from it.

No, they add nothing other than showing up as a statue in the hall of heroes.
Supposedly they have exclusive powers. I've read that Crystal McQueen has faster boost and faster xp gain, plus an exclusive area within the game. I haven't played any of them in game yet so I can't say for sure.

Thanks for this thread! I was planning to get my kids 3 play sets (cars, lone ranger, toy story) and was able to get the cars and lone ranger set for "buy 1 get one half off". now i just need to find a deal on the toy story set

Okay, so I'm a total newb to the Disney Infinity thing, got in on the walmart $37 last week, so what all do I need to start getting now?!

I got a couple of figures with the B1G1 gamestop was running, any recommendations on what all to get?

Okay, so I'm a total newb to the Disney Infinity thing, got in on the walmart $37 last week, so what all do I need to start getting now?!
I got a couple of figures with the B1G1 gamestop was running, any recommendations on what all to get?
Toy Story and Cars playsets. The rest is personal preference. If you want to 2-player in the starter worlds it might be worth picking up either the villains or sidekicks 3 pack.

The movie was garbage but The Lone Ranger set offers a lot of value. For one, it adds a lot of unique things like horses and trains. It also has the advantage of being the only playset that allows you to unlock everything right out of the box without the need to buy any additional figures.

Toy Story and Cars playsets. The rest is personal preference. If you want to 2-player in the starter worlds it might be worth picking up either the villains or sidekicks 3 pack.
Thanks for the info! I'm pretty excited about this game, I've loved the Monsters University stuff so far, sure it's simple, fun, easy gameplay, but I'm a Disney nut so it's fun for me and the wife can play it as well.

And I only bought Mike Wazowski and Mrs. Incredible(the wife wanted her). So I don't have any from the playsets yet.

Finally found Rapunzel this morning at Walmart.

Went to TRU at lunch and found the Tron series 8 disc. Also picked up their exclusive power disc album. Hadn't seen in in a while and didn't want to risk not getting it before Christmas

Also while we're on it, what power discs should I be on the lookout for? I see that the TRU ones seem to have a marked 'SKU' that they fall under, the others are just blind buy I assume?

The Rapunzel figure that I pre-ordered from Walmart just got delivered even though it was listed as delivery estimate of 12-16-13.

Will the B1G1 50% Off and $10 GC promo stack if I bought the Frozen set and the Race to Space pack (i.e. buy both, getting one at 50% off and the $10 GC for the future)?

*edit* just realized one is in-store, the other online...   sorry!

Well, my TRU didn't have the series 8 tron disk yet.  Maybe I'll check back later this week in case they get it on a truck or something.  They are generally pretty good about putting them out and actually labeling them correctly, so I would assume they would put them out if there was no street date. 

Can you get the gift card if your order online from TRU or is that promo limited to being in store?
It is only in-store to my knowledge. I think the weekly ad online also states that the offer is in-store only.

As for the Series 8 Tron Disk, I tried my store and asked an associate to look up the UPC. He said they had them in stock but their Infinity section was chaos and I did not have time to individually look through each one :( I might try again later this week.

I'm getting this game for my young nephews. What discs do you guys recommend? If I get the TRU disc packs with the correlating UPCs, am I guaranteed to get that disc?

Thanks. I just don't know what to get disc-wise.

If your nephews are mainly going to play the game worlds, I'd stick with the circle discs.  If you think they'll skew more towards creating their own worlds, maybe the hex discs would be of benefit.

I, personally, really only use the circle ones.  But I'm outside the target age range and don't mess around in Toy Box mode.

With the TRU Exclusive Packs (Gold), the corresponding disc (to the UPC) and one misc disc (from Series 1) are included.  Everything that's a TRU Exclusive Disc will be in Series 2 and 3 (per the earlier reports).

Can someone who has played any of the Skylanders sets tell me how they are different than Disney Infinity?  At least with Disney, the characters are all well known.

If your nephews are mainly going to play the game worlds, I'd stick with the circle discs. If you think they'll skew more towards creating their own worlds, maybe the hex discs would be of benefit.

I, personally, really only use the circle ones. But I'm outside the target age range and don't mess around in Toy Box mode.

With the TRU Exclusive Packs (Gold), the corresponding disc (to the UPC) and one misc disc (from Series 1) are included. Everything that's a TRU Exclusive Disc will be in Series 2 and 3 (per the earlier reports).
Thanks. They like Minecraft too, so I'm guessing they'll like Toy Box.

Can someone who has played any of the Skylanders sets tell me how they are different than Disney Infinity? At least with Disney, the characters are all well known.
Not sure which you're familiar with, but the Skylanders games are mainly linear-progression hack'n'slash games whose main goal is to get to the end of a level killing all the bad guys along the way. Disney Infinity has 6 separate "games" inside it which (while quite similar to each other) offer more of "fetch quests" than simply "kill everything to get to the end." There's also Toy Box mode where you get to build your own arenas to screw around in that Skylanders doesn't have.

Skylanders is considerably cheaper to see all the content - you can complete each game with only the figures it comes with, but there are branching paths with unlockable goodies that require one character from each element.

Disney Infinity has 3 playsets on disc that you're completely locked out of if you don't buy them separately.

Personally, I like both games but for different reasons.

Tried to get the Cars Playset and the Frozen Toybox set online only to have them say Frozen was sold out AFTER the Order went through and I had to spend 10 minutes on the phone to give me a discount on the order. Should've ordered earlier in the day I guess.

Also, Japan is getting the figures early next year and it's kind of funny that they are slightly cheaper (shipping aside)... I wonder if there's region locking on the figures...
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0010321

Thanks! We've been playing Disney Infinity all weekend. I had no idea what Skylanders is like. I'll pass on Skylanders.

Skylanders is considerably cheaper to see all the content - you can complete each game with only the figures it comes with, but there are branching paths with unlockable goodies that require one character from each element.

Personally, I like both games but for different reasons.

I picked up the TRU series 8 at TRU, most of you might not be finding them on the shelf because they are tagged do on sell before 12/15 but when you scan it, it says it has a 12/1 release.

Thanks for the SKU, really helped me out!

Hi Guys

I am looking for some advice. I bought a starter kit and 2 figures (barbossa and davy jones). What else would you suggest I get to make sure the kids don't run into too many roadblocks? I am still kinda confused on what the discs are for.

Hi Guys

I am looking for some advice. I bought a starter kit and 2 figures (barbossa and davy jones). What else would you suggest I get to make sure the kids don't run into too many roadblocks? I am still kinda confused on what the discs are for.
I would suggest returning the two figures you got and getting the villains and/or sidekicks pack instead, that way you have two figures for each included play set and can do multiplayer in them. After that, get whatever play sets or characters they enjoy and ignore the discs until they play the game and you see if they even care about the discs.

bread's done
Back