Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Thank you very much, just looking to get all the Tron stuff and wanted a way to find them.

I guess the series 2 exclusive is sold out by now so I'll have to find another way
Not necessarily. Check your TRU. 1 and 2 were the first ones that came out, so stores got a decent supply of them. Mine had both a couple weeks ago.

Two Disney Infinity Items available for pre-order at Best Buy

I believe this is the first time we have seen dates for either of these items.

Taken from: http://infinityinquirer.com/2013/12/16/elsa-single-and-wreck-it-ralph-toy-box-set-available-for-pre-order/
Those have been on Best Buy's site for a while now. Sucks that Wreck-it Ralph isn't a playset though :whistle2:(

This is veering off topic a bit, but how was that run? I've ran a few marathons and many halves and I've always wanted to do one of the Disney races but to go over there and do everything is very expensive, I was also told the Disneyland marathon in Anaheim was a crummy course and poorly organized, but I'm still pretty insistent on doing at least a 10K or something.
I've only been to the Tower of Terror 10 miler. We've gone for the last two years and my wife and I really enjoy it. We're from NE Ohio and are Disney nuts, so we're going to try and do this race annually if we can. That one and the 1/2 in November at EPCOT are the only ones that have evening races at 10pm and once the race is done you get to be on one of the parks until 4am. I'd like to do a 1/2 and eventual full marathon at the Disney January race, but the only downsides for those is that the race is early in the morning and pretty much no celebration/special event for you afterwards. Yes, it is expensive and some folks complain about the race, but I have a great time and nothing like going on rides at Disney Studios at 3am with barely any lines.

Send me a PM if you want to chat about it more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those have been on Best Buy's site for a while now. Sucks that Wreck-it Ralph isn't a playset though.
There's a slim chance that we could get a playset for Disney Infinity 2 or 3 (or beyond) with perhaps a Felix & Calhoun 2-pack, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would imagine playsets from here on out will be based on recently-released films (Ex. Lone Ranger & Monsters University) or Disney's mega-popular franchises (Ex. Toy Story, Cars, & Pirates).

The existence of the "The Incredibles" playset baffles me. It's a great film, but it's awfully random for it to pop up out of nowhere, as I didn't think it was a ridiculous success on the level of Cars & Pirates.

There's a slim chance that we could get a playset for Disney Infinity 2 or 3 (or beyond) with perhaps a Felix & Calhoun 2-pack, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would imagine playsets from here on out will be based on recently-released films (Ex. Lone Ranger & Monsters University) or Disney's mega-popular franchises (Ex. Toy Story, Cars, & Pirates).

The existence of the "The Incredibles" playset baffles me. It's a great film, but it's awfully random for it to pop up out of nowhere, as I didn't think it was a ridiculous success on the level of Cars & Pirates.
I'm sure we'll never see anything at all regarding the epic flop that was The Lone Ranger ever again. :p

The Incredibles were selected for DI because they provided an easy shoe-in for an action-packed brawler, as well as a large leading cast to create figures around.

I'm speculating that all Toy Box Only figures will have play sets in the future. Each of their franchises have a lot of characters that could be included. Just think of the possibilities:

A Frozen set with Olaf and Kristoff

Rapunzel set with Flynn Rider and the villain (whose name I can't think of)

Phineas and Ferb set with Ferb and Dr. Doof

Wreck-It Ralph set with Felix and King Candy

NBC set with Oogie Boogie and Sally

I think there's gonna be a lot to offer for the future. Disney's just testing the waters to see what people really want and can give us for DI2 and beyond. I really doubt they're going to let the figures we already have fall by the wayside and never get used again.

I'm sure we'll never see anything at all regarding the epic flop that was The Lone Ranger ever again. :p

The Incredibles were selected for DI because they provided an easy shoe-in for an action-packed brawler, as well as a large leading cast to create figures around.
I'm not claiming that we'll see more The Lone Ranger, I'm just saying that it slotted into the "Movie Tie-In" section of my post.

So aren't current playsets just unlocking content already on the current disc? In that case, wouldn't they have to make any "new" movie playset be downloadable, or come on another disc?

So aren't current playsets just unlocking content already on the current disc? In that case, wouldn't they have to make any "new" movie playset be downloadable, or come on another disc?
Disney claims that Disney Infinity will be "forwards and backwards compatible", but I don't think they ever really got into specifics as to what that means.

I fully expect future figures to work with Disney Infinity "1", but I can't imagine they would allow any future playsets to work with the original game...there has to be some sort of incentive for you to buy the new starter pack, after all.

Of course, i don't know how it'll shake out for the Wii, since downloadable content is essentially a nada for that platform.

I'm hoping that whenever they do the Disney Infinity 2 they make it for next gen, I got it for Wii U this time around, but wouldn't mind having it for Xbox One down the road. Has there been any inkling on when they may do a 2nd game?

I got the WiR Bluray/figure deal, sold the bluray on ebay for $18.00, so I basically got the figure for free, good deal!

I'm hoping that whenever they do the Disney Infinity 2 they make it for next gen, I got it for Wii U this time around, but wouldn't mind having it for Xbox One down the road. Has there been any inkling on when they may do a 2nd game?

I got the WiR Bluray/figure deal, sold the bluray on ebay for $18.00, so I basically got the figure for free, good deal!
I would imagine that they'll pursue yearly releases, just like Skylanders. Series 3 of the discs will likely be announced in January and released in February or March, with the last few of the first game's figures being released around the same time.

Then sometime between May and June, maybe shortly before E3, they'll announce Disney Infinity "2" along with the new starter playsets and figures, a few of the series 1 discs for that release, and maybe a few random single figures.

Expect it to release in late August/early September last last time to beat Skylanders to market by a few months.

nGZ13QAl.png

Just re-reminding people this is tomorrow at Toys "R" Us! All Disney Infinity Power Discs are 2 for $6! Online and in-store. Get the coupon here: http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/IN121813A_CPN.pdf

Oh man, I'd love to get the Tron terrain ones with that coupon, hopefully I can get there tomorrow and they have one at least

Is that a limit one set like the 2 for 8 in the ad?
No limit that I see... so go nuts!

Was there some actual announcement for sequels, or are people just speculating?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/disney_infinity_will_have_a_new_game_released_every_year

The main source is down for some reason right now but here are the main quotes from the man himself...

"With Infinity we're looking at releasing versions that come out each year and those will feature all of the content for the year"

"We'll not only be forwards-compatible but backwards-compatible as well," Vignocchi continued, "because we'll push a title update that features all the characters from Infinity 2 that can be applied to your Infinity 1 game. So then players from Infinity 2 can still interact with players from Infinity 1 inside of their Toy Box with that title update"

I'm... not sure what to think now. I was already apprehensive about getting into it because of the cost, and this certainly doesn't help.

Not that ambiguity is new to Toys R Us, but I see the power disc coupon says it has a limit of one per customer, yet the website allows you to buy multiples and get the discount for each.

I would do store pickup but it looks like my local store's inventory tracker has been disabled (they must be in really bad shape for that to happen). So I either have to do a store pickup for another location further away, or hope the coupon works in my local store on more than two packs.

Always something annoying with TRU...

I right-clicked the coupon/picture and sent it to the printer.  I couldn't get the link to work.

For those inquiring, I bought six packs, two per transaction, at TRU with the coupons at lunchtime.  The employee was ok with it, but who knows, some might be more strict.

I right-clicked the coupon/picture and sent it to the printer. I couldn't get the link to work.

For those inquiring, I bought six packs, two per transaction, at TRU with the coupons at lunchtime. The employee was ok with it, but who knows, some might be more strict.
http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage?storeid=2561926&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=ToysRUs-131218&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=1

I didn't even think to check their weekly ad. Thanks!

So, I opened my disc pack that I got from TRU.com today and... They sent me the wrong series. Now I have 2 Captain Hook's ship. Ugh...

Picked up Disc 5/6/7/8 today. Unable to find Disc 5 & 9. It somewhere in the back ROOM!
How are you unable to find disc 5 when you stated that you picked it up? Also disc 9 isn't even out yet. There are no dates but the SKU's are already known.

Did anyone's Mickey from Amazon Germany arrive yet?
I got it from Amazon UK and it got here this past Monday. Curiously, the boxes are more bluish than silver.

Anyone try it out yet? I doubt there are any compatibility issues, but just wondering.

Same EXACT thing happened to me. fuckin' a.
Sucks, doesn't it?

I'm not quite sure what to do about it... I'm thinking just complain to them via email and see what happens. I can't just take it to the store since it's opened, and I'd rather not go through any hassle of trying to argue with someone over a $5 item... Worst case scenario I'll just trade it over in the trade thread.

My Walmart has been out of stock of Rapunzel ever since it's release but I managed to find one at Sam's Club today, infact they had three of them
So anyone still looking may want to check there

My Walmart has been out of stock of Rapunzel ever since it's release but I managed to find one at Sam's Club today, infact they had three of them
So anyone still looking may want to check there
My local Wal-Mart had about a dozen Rapunzels since her release but they never made it to the floor. According to a Telxon they were on-hand but not inventoried in the back which likely meant that she was floating around on some overstock pallet in the back. It wasn't until about a week ago that I managed to convince an associate to dig around and find her.

I just went back yesterday and they didn't even bother to stock the floor with the rest of the inventory.
facepalmpo2.gif

Good thing I splurged for 2nd Day Air from TRU for Jack and The Ranger, package got delayed from Wed to Thurs, then was Out For Delivery all day before being rescheduled for tomorrow.

Good thing I splurged for 2nd Day Air from TRU for Jack and The Ranger, package got delayed from Wed to Thurs, then was Out For Delivery all day before being rescheduled for tomorrow.
Let me guess - was it FedEx? My last package from them was on the truck for delivery twice before I actually got it. I like how their response to eating your money is basically "oh well."

Let me guess - was it FedEx? My last package from them was on the truck for delivery twice before I actually got it. I like how their response to eating your
money is basically "oh well."
As an employee of FedEx some of you obviously have no clue what goes on this time of year. We have packages all over the place but we will be working 14 hour days (including Sunday) to get everything out. So don't worry, you will get your precious Disney Infinity character by Christmas....

bread's done
Back