Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

I am pretty sure Disney owns the rights to the Lone Ranger Movie. Walt Disney Pictures owns the movie. Also the original TV series was owned by ABC (also Disney) so I think they are covered.

Ummm... I'm pretty sure Lone Ranger is not a straight Disney property...
I already mentioned that being an anomaly.

It's a franchise that had been dead for a while that Disney was just sitting on. They drafted up an original script based on the origins and went from there. While it was indeed an odd selection, it's a bit more believable to fit in to Infinity than say Iron Man or Jabba the Hutt. While those two franchises are also owned by Disney, Marvel & Star Wars are much farther off from your typical Disney fare.

Besides, there was no way a Lone Ranger game would have been able to even try to stand up on its own. They won't have that problem with Marvel & Star Wars.

I see what you're saying, and I suppose they could throw in a set or two to test the waters, but I really don't think that's necessary. Don't you think it would be weird and seem more than a little off to throw Darth Maul or Thor into what is otherwise a game made up of straight Disney properties? It just seems like a strange thing to do to me.
I agree with you for the most part, but that line was pretty much crossed IMO when they included Pirates and Lone Ranger. Those aren't characters you'd expect to see next to their traditional cartoon properties. We'll probably see a standalone game to both Marvel and Star Wars, but I think time is a bigger reason why we won't see either property in a DI game. At this point it makes more sense that they get to a standalone game sooner rather than later so I doubt we'll ever see Spider-man or Darth Vadar standing next to Mickey, but I don't think it won't happen because they want to keep everything "kosher".

Haha... and you and I both know they don't need to test the waters with this idea. They might as well print their own money.

I agree with you for the most part, but that line was pretty much crossed IMO when they included Pirates and Lone Ranger. Those aren't characters you'd expect to see next to their traditional cartoon properties. We'll probably see a standalone game to both Marvel and Star Wars, but I think time is a bigger reason why we won't see either property in a DI game. At this point it makes more sense that they get to a standalone game sooner rather than later so I doubt we'll ever see Spider-man or Darth Vadar standing next to Mickey, but I don't think it won't happen because they want to keep everything "kosher".

Haha... and you and I both know they don't need to test the waters with this idea. They might as well print their own money.
True enough. I mean, I sorta get Pirates since that's one of their most popular franchises, but LR really baffles me unless they just really felt they NEEDED to get some tie-in out and they knew a stand alone title wouldn't sell at all. I'll be interested to see what they do with the licenses, for sure, but I hope they do something outside of Infinity first.

Got the Series 2 Power Disc album with all 20 discs at target today, along with some Series 1 disc packs they had tucked away behind the Series 2 ones.

Out of 4 packs, I ended up with three of the same Alice in Wonderland discs, and 2 of the same Mulan ones. I think I'll just accept that I got into this game too late and give up my hopes of collecting Series 1 discs. Hopefully Series 3 will have a similar album + discs bundle.
I'm in the same boat but I decided that after buying two blind packs I was better off just going to ebay and buying only the discs I want. You can get each one for about $4 shipped if you look so it's a but of a premium but at least you only buy the ones you want.

I figure that's as effective as blind buying and then shipping around for trades.

Quick q
If I download a toybox under my profile Do I need to download it again for my daughter to play under her profile?

I'm in the same boat but I decided that after buying two blind packs I was better off just going to ebay and buying only the discs I want. You can get each one for about $4 shipped if you look so it's a but of a premium but at least you only buy the ones you want.

I figure that's as effective as blind buying and then shipping around for trades.
I went this route with the last 4-5 I needed for series 1. Plus, the longer you wait, the cheaper they'll get. I got the last few I needed for around $2-3 shipped... Which, of course, is the same as MSRP.

I really wanted to avoid having to list my discs individually on eBay, but nobody was biting on my batch listing, so I guess I'm gonna just put 'em up individually.

I really wanted to avoid having to list my discs individually on eBay, but nobody was biting on my batch listing, so I guess I'm gonna just put 'em up individually.
You could just open it up for bids? You may not make enough to get a profit on everything but it'd definitely be better than having them lie around.

Masterkyo said:
My local TRU sold out all the TRU exclusive pack and almost all regular Packs. Wow! That's massive! :)
I stopped in TRU to return an online order (where they cancelled a free item from B1G1 but charged me full price + shipping for the other item :roll:). They had a ton of gold packs tonight. I picked up 2 more for $8 but of course I did not have my list and once again bought one I already had while passing on one I needed. I just cannot keep them straight. I need to make use of technology and put that list on my phone ;).

I'm trying to find a checklist of Series 1/2/TRU packs and am not having much luck. There are lots of Series 1 lists and UPC's for the TRU packs up through #5 on the web - but not much newer info. It is kind of frustrating actually.

Edit - D'oh! Last time I looked the TRU UPC list was not in the OP. That would have been useful when I was in the store. But I would have bought the wrong one anyway. Though perhaps not - I knew I was missing a Tron one but it was the newest I was missing and instead I bought the older one. That new one isn't listed on most TRU pack lists on the web.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped in TRU to return an online order (where they cancelled a free item from B1G1 but charged me full price + shipping for the other item :roll:). They had a ton of gold packs tonight. I picked up 2 more for $8 but of course I did not have my list and once again bought one I already had while passing on one I needed. I just cannot keep them straight. I need to make use of technology and put that list on my phone ;).

I'm trying to find a checklist of Series 1/2/TRU packs and am not having much luck. There are lots of Series 1 lists and UPC's for the TRU packs up through #5 on the web - but not much newer info. It is kind of frustrating actually.

Edit - D'oh! Last time I looked the TRU UPC list was not in the OP. That would have been useful when I was in the store. But I would have bought the wrong one anyway. Though perhaps not - I knew I was missing a Tron one but it was the newest I was missing and instead I bought the older one. That new one isn't listed on most TRU pack lists on the web.
Here's a good page/group for checklists, PDFs and whatnot: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VKinfinityandbeyond/files/

Here's a good page for news, releases and such: http://vinylmationkingdom.com/disney-infinity-beyond/

I bought an AWD "Good" condition Starter Set the other day, and it arrived today. Happy to report that all the parts are included (I got the Sugar Rush power disc, not sure if they're all random), the game is sealed, and the only visible damage is the outside cardboard box was scraped up on the corner.

Very pleased for ~$40.

I bought an AWD "Good" condition Starter Set the other day, and it arrived today. Happy to report that all the parts are included (I got the Sugar Rush power disc, not sure if they're all random), the game is sealed, and the only visible damage is the outside cardboard box was scraped up on the corner.

Very pleased for ~$40.
I have to imagine some of those are from the $18 misprice from Wal-Mart and/or from the low BF prices (~$35). I know I sent in two that were brand new/sealed. The power discs included in the sets are random.

Sorry noob here! But how are guys getting the specific power disk? Is there a way to know by touching the wrapper? Or does putting the pack in the portal display will show whats inside? Never tried any so im not sure. I Dont want to blind box these things since itll add up overtime if i get dupes. Ty

Sorry noob here! But how are guys getting the specific power disk? Is there a way to know by touching the wrapper? Or does putting the pack in the portal display will show whats inside? Never tried any so im not sure. I Dont want to blind box these things since itll add up overtime if i get dupes. Ty
Wrapper scratching can net you rares, though you won't know which. But yeah, the only real way to know would be to stick them on the portal.

The base display in the store won't reveal the pack contents - however, if you buy them and use your base at home, it will. Then just return the unopened packs with the duplicates. Pack scratching will tell you if there's a rare in the front (not sure about the back), but you still won't know which.

I've been asking this for a little bit and no one seems to know... I think TRU is playing games... not nice of them if you ask me. :headache:
It is possible that they only release one more. With one being in the Race to Space pack & that Buzz being exclusive, it may be possible that the disk is as well. I wouldn't think so, but at this point it's anyone's guess.

It is possible that they only release one more. With one being in the Race to Space pack & that Buzz being exclusive, it may be possible that the disk is as well. I wouldn't think so, but at this point it's anyone's guess.
Never thought of that... but I wouldn't think so either.

I've been playing this game with my daughter and have not tried online yet, so I need a few of you to add me on PSN if possible. I need the MP trophies and I've created a couple toy box worlds (nothing too special) if anyone wants to burn some time. My handle:

JoshTX

You can add me if you want.  I won't be up for playing any, but if you want to knock out the two online trophies I can help you out.  I already have them, but they take all of 30 seconds to do so its no big deal.

JoshTX said:
I've been playing this game with my daughter and have not tried online yet, so I need a few of you to add me on PSN if possible. I need the MP trophies and I've created a couple toy box worlds (nothing too special) if anyone wants to burn some time. My handle:

JoshTX
I need those too - my kids might like to play an online session just to see some other people. Can you play online multiplayer with 2 local players in as well? They'd get a kick out of that.

I need those too - my kids might like to play an online session just to see some other people. Can you play online multiplayer with 2 local players in as well? They'd get a kick out of that.
I've only tried multi once so far, but yeah you can have 2 players on one system playing online, it's nice to see more games have this feature!

I'm on the 360 version of Infinity, haven't played it online, and could use the achievements (not sure what they are).  My gamertag is StrangerStill79.  I'm up to play on evenings or weekends (EST), though I would really only be playing online for the achievements (unless it is just amazingly more fun to play than single-player, which I found a bit tedious - though, admittedly, I'm not in the target age range).

JoshTX
sent you a friend request (forgot to put CAG in message body).

B2G1 free on all figures and playsets next week (week of 1/5) at Best Buy:

xga3T5Q.png

That's not bad to get Violet, Rapunzel, and Vanellope for $26. Slightly cheaper than waiting for the $30 3-pack and wait for it to be on sale.

That's not bad to get Violet, Rapunzel, and Vanellope for $26. Slightly cheaper than waiting for the $30 3-pack and wait for it to be on sale.
My thoughts exactly. Especially when I can use GCU as well. I haven't heard anymore news about that 3-pack for ages.....so idk when that's even coming out.

My thoughts exactly. Especially when I can use GCU as well. I haven't heard anymore news about that 3-pack for ages.....so idk when that's even coming out.
Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up the 3 Playsets along with Violet, Rapunzel, and Venellope for my daughters.

$56 for the 3 play sets and $20.78 for the other three female characters.

That should pretty much be all that my girls will want (based on what I've seen to be released.)

Just a quick FYI. The TRU date for Mickey was wrong. It was dated for 01/09/14 but the correct date as guessed is 02/09/14.

Looks like WM will be correct retailer to have it early.

Is Vanellope not available until a specific date? I was hoping to use the B2G1 at Best Buy but that one is still "Coming Soon".

MoCiWe said:
I thought I saw it listed as the 7th on their website, along with Rapunzel.
OK, thanks... I hope it doesn't sell out instantly on the 7th. I want to get Vanellope, Skellington, and Violet online if at all possible. $19.18 shipped for all 3 sure as hell beats driving 40 miles round trip to a Best Buy location.

Deal is live, but it seems to be for only select figures. Woody is not included in the list for b2g1.

Only wanted the Toy Story play set, but after seeing the Lone Ranger on youtube got that and Cars.

Still hoping that Woody goes on sale with Vanellope on Tuesday so I can get them with Jack.

argh bb forgot to include woody in the b2g1

edit: does bb do the b2g1 like target if you need to return something? I don't want 3 playsets so I was hoping they would divide the savings equally among the 3 items when you do a return.

argh bb forgot to include woody in the b2g1

edit: does bb do the b2g1 like target if you need to return something? I don't want 3 playsets so I was hoping they would divide the savings equally among the 3 items when you do a return.
It looks like Woody isn't part of the sale. :( The Sidekicks 3-pack is now available for shipping if anyone was hoping to pick it up.

So Walmart gets Mickey on 2/9?
No they get it early. It is a timed exclusive for them just like Rapunzel was. WM will get it Jan. 26th, 2014 will all the other retailers will get it Feb. 09, 2014

Perry and Phineas are timed GS exclusives iirc.

GS will get them 03/14/14 versus everyone else at 04/1/14

OK, thanks... I hope it doesn't sell out instantly on the 7th. I want to get Vanellope, Skellington, and Violet online if at all possible. $19.18 shipped for all 3 sure as hell beats driving 40 miles round trip to a Best Buy location.
How are you able to get it for $11.99 each before GCU? Thanks.

It looks like Woody isn't part of the sale. :(
Well that's just dumb.

And I wish they'd stop pushing back the release date for the Wreck-It-Ralph/Vanellope two pack. I was able to preorder it for $20 thinking I was getting a good deal, but if I knew it was going to take this long I wouldn't have bothered due to sales like this. Guess I might cancel.

bread's done
Back