Disney Infinity Starter Sets $14.99 @Gamestop (Includes Saga Bundles)

Everything for DI is interchangeable EXCEPT for the base:

-XB1 uses it's own

-360 uses it's own

-Vita uses it's own

-3DS uses it's own

-PS3,PS4,Wii,WiiU are all the same and can be mixed/matched

XB1 will never get backwards compatibility for 1.0 because MS does not allow accessories to be used in emulation mode and even if that were to change there is no studio to do the work in making it compatible anymore.

So if you own an XB1 and want the CE/Saga then you will need to buy a base for XB1 (2.0 and 3.0 use the same base) and the games for the console as well of course.

Put in a hold request for PS3 CE last night and picked it up a few hours ago and had to do some re-arranging to make it fit. If anyone cares everything inside is the retail versions. 2.0 PS4/PS3 starter set and then 3 figures sealed in retail packaging.

So here is my history of DI...forgive picture quality...

June 2015  - The Start and what I assumed was going to be my only 1.0 and 2.0 figures

z76pGnF.jpg

November 2015 - The calm before the storm

k5156WV.jpg

Today - Ragnarok!!!

7BAeSc1.jpg

All I am "missing" from non-crystal figures are: Agent P, Dash, Francesco Bernoulli, Holley Shiftwell, and Syndrome

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain to me how these games work?  Do I need to buy separate character figures in order to play as them?  Or can I still play as other characters even without the figures?

Just trying to figure out exactly how much of an investment this will get me into.  Also, if there's any point in buying each version of the game.

Im reading the site and the 3.0 is BC with 2.0 Marvel.\

qQuestion, why is some CAG here saying the 2.0 base is better then 3.0?
I haven't heard 2.0 base is better than 3.0, however, I'm switched from 3.0 to 1.0 base (technically they should be the same)

For some reason, when I put 2 power discs below the figure, I frequently has figure undetected issue with the base came in 3.0 starter kit , I have to rotate, move, tilt... the figure to make it stable or last for a few minutes. I switched to a base came in 1.0 kit and so far I didn't notice the issue.

I think it's base to base issue.

Can someone explain to me how these games work? Do I need to buy separate character figures in order to play as them? Or can I still play as other characters even without the figures?

Just trying to figure out exactly how much of an investment this will get me into. Also, if there's any point in buying each version of the game.
You don't need to buy more figure if you have 1 figure of the play set, it's optional to buy more. But each playset allows only some certain characters.

You need to buy the separate figure if you want to use that specific character.

You can play with any one of the figures supported by that Play Set, and you might unlock more playable character (but still need the physical) along the way in the Play Set.

E.g.

In 2.0 You can only use any one of the Avengers figure in Avengers Playset, but you will unlock 1 character from Spider-man and 1 character from GOTG in the game (forgot which 2) but you still need those physical figures. Same for Spider-man and GOTG play sets.

If you are good enough (play at Easy difficulty might be), you can use just 1 figure to finish the playset. However, if your character got defeated in a play set mission, you need to put in another character to continue the mission (that needs another figure) or abort the mission. Once the mission is done or aborted, you can use that character again.

In 3.0 Star Wars, it's simpler. For each Play Set you can use a set of initial characters/figures (those from the opening cutscene), you can pick up champion coins in the game which unlock more characters (again, you still need the physical figure to use in the game). And every Star Wars characters can be played in any of the playset, but you need to pick up that unlock champion coin in the game.

Put in a hold request for PS3 CE last night and picked it up a few hours ago and had to do some re-arranging to make it fit. If anyone cares everything inside is the retail versions. 2.0 PS4/PS3 starter set and then 3 figures sealed in retail packaging.

So here is my history of DI...forgive picture quality...

June 2015 - The Start and what I assumed was going to be my only 1.0 and 2.0 figures

z76pGnF.jpg

November 2015 - The calm before the storm

k5156WV.jpg

Today - Ragnarok!!!

7BAeSc1.jpg

All I am "missing" from non-crystal figures are: Agent P, Dash, Francesco Bernoulli, Holley Shiftwell, and Syndrome
Went to pick up the 2.0 Collector Edition for the Frost Giant stand (I have all 2.0 figures, the rest will be gift)...

Didn't release the box is so big, I was like holy shxx... how am I going to hide it fro my wife? :whistle2:$

Went to pick up the 2.0 Collector Edition for the Frost Giant stand (I have all 2.0 figures, the rest will be gift)...

Didn't release the box is so big, I was like holy shxx... how am I going to hide it fro my wife? :whistle2:$
Yeah, was shock how big the box was for 2.0 CE. Too big for your wife?

Damn, now that I got the 2.0 and 3.0 editions, I'm debating on getting the PS3 1.0 starter set to complete the collection. 

Should I?

Just get the 1.0 3ds at Five below if u just want the toys and not the disc.
First, depending on where you are, there is no Five Below in CA, and for whatever reason they don't ship to CA.

The starter figures are cheap everywhere, but the disc is what you want from the starter so you can play all the 1.0 play sets (the starter playset piece alone includes 3 play sets in it)

First, depending on where you are, there is no Five Below in CA, and for whatever reason they don't ship to CA.

The starter figures are cheap everywhere, but the disc is what you want from the starter so you can play all the 1.0 play sets (the starter playset piece alone includes 3 play sets in it)
Yeah just go to GS and buy the disc for $2 and then use the B2G3 free in store to get some of the cheaper 1.0 figures. Last week I got Lightning, Toy Story in Space set, Lone Ranger set, Tonto, Lone Ranger, and the game for 1.0 PS3 for $15 total.

Well shit. I couldn't make it to the store to pick up my Vita version, and now it's back to $59.99. I guess they lost a sale.

Search shows $14.99 for starters along with the "pick up in store" page, but the individual item pages all say $59.99 or $59.97. Weird.

I cannot wait because I ordered it first thing yesterday to ship and it is set to deliver today. I was worried about their inventory levels. Thanks again OP!

Lol

I, too, had the exact same reaction. I just hid it in the garage, but the box is so big...i think my wife will notice it.

The base stand is huge too....can't display it yet.

I am so upset at myself for missing this deal, it's not at any stores close to me.

I really wanted Saga and Collector's Editions.

OK I lied went ahead and bought the 2.0 CE .... such a freaking good deal :D/ . Now I have repeats of some of the figures, but fuck it, that base is worth the price.

I was lucky to score the last SW Infinity 3.0 PS4, I just got home and I forgot to ask but does anyone know if Gamestop has any sale on Infinity figures? 

I was lucky to score the last SW Infinity 3.0 PS4, I just got home and I forgot to ask but does anyone know if Gamestop has any sale on Infinity figures?
I think they are still doing buy 2 get 3 free preowned. Good luck finding anything worth getting though. The stores near me have been picked clean.

TRU yesterday was B1G2F on all DI figures... They had a ton of everything except Nemo.

I reserved a PS4 2.0 CE and a PS3 Saga 3.0 bundle last night and both got ready to pickup emails. Gonna grab them today. I'll just sell off the stuff I don't need. Should make what I keep about $5 or something...

I was able to get a Collector's bundle and a Vita version yesterday. I didn't realize the Collector's version would take up over half of the back seat of my car.

Both my 2.0 and 3.0 starter sets are arriving today. Can anyone recommend any play sets? They add new levels to the game, correct?

Grabbed 2x PS4 Saga, 1x PS3 Saga, 1x PS3 2.0 CE, 1x PS4 2.0 CE.

Some from online, some from in store.  Almost couldn't fit the 2.0 CE in my trunk.  I'm done with Christmas shopping for like 4 kids now.  Works for me.

Order just arrived. Both 2.0 and 3.0 boxes are factory sealed. Though look like they came from a store. The price tags were ripped off. 

That Collector's Edition is HUGE... The extra 3 figures (Cap Ameirca, Hawkeye and Hulk) are just retail packaged figures in the big box. The Starter pack is just the regular starter pack and the statue base is in its own HUGE box inside the HUGE box...

I have another CE held at a store south of me. I figure I can display the Marvel figures all around 2 bases. I'll just dump the starter packs and second set of extra figures on eBay and make a little back. 

That Collector's Edition is HUGE... The extra 3 figures (Cap Ameirca, Hawkeye and Hulk) are just retail packaged figures in the big box. The Starter pack is just the regular starter pack and the statue base is in its own HUGE box inside the HUGE box...

I have another CE held at a store south of me. I figure I can display the Marvel figures all around 2 bases. I'll just dump the starter packs and second set of extra figures on eBay and make a little back.
I got my 2.0 CE with my Vita 2.0 delivered today. I honestly thought it was for the neighbor because I didn't know what I could have ordered in a 4 foot tall box. Not expecting it to be that big at all.

This was a great deal and I am happy with all you who got your ordered shipped and it came in correctly. I received my order yesterday and I knew it was wrong because of the size of the box and inside is the 3.0 started bundle for PS3 and the Toy Box Starter Kit for PS4 bear in mind I ordered the Saga Bundle and the 2.0 Collector's Edition. I had to call GS customer service since none of these were available close to me and after 30 minutes between being on holding and waiting for the CS agent, he processed a reorder for me that should deliver within the next couple of days. Fingers crossed that it will be right this time! 

P.S. - Having trouble uploading photos on here it keeps giving me a error message, any thoughts? 

They picked a good week to clearance these out, I have been traveling and I have been able to get them in other cities. I got a PS4 Collectors in Gainesville and PS3 collectors in Clearwater!

They picked a good week to clearance these out, I have been traveling and I have been able to get them in other cities. I got a PS4 Collectors in Gainesville and PS3 collectors in Clearwater!
That was the only PS4 collectors in a 50 mile radius. I saw it and thought about it but I didn't want to drive 40 min each way when a PS3 CE was 5 min from me. Glad to know a CAG got it.

EDIT: According to GS the Gainesville store (Butler Plaza) should have also had a PS3 CE.

I picked up my sets for PS4, figuring I might one day buy a Ps4 so it would be good to have the software and base for that platform, too. Just don't let the folks in the Xbox thread know!

my PS4 2.0 collectors edition and 3.0 saga edition both arrived today, and both were the standard editions. Adding insult to injury, the 2.0 box is beat up, not that I'll be keeping it.

Price matched TRU for the PS4 Saga edition on Wed, then today found a PS3 2.0 CE at GS and picked up the game disc for PS4.

Had a $5 PUR coupon so you really can't beat all of that for $25.

I managed to get Collectors Edition 2.0 and the Saga edition for PS4 but I only have Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Is there any sites that sells just the pad/base and game disk in order to play these games?

Well, the daughter and I have been doing Skylanders since the beginning and have at least one of each character. I know we've plugged several thousand into that game, and when they announce infinity 1.0 years ago I settled on two characters per play set and no toy box characters and that was fine. We probably spent $200 max. When they announced 2.0 though I had to bail. Too many characters, and this time it was gonna be harder to choose (who wants only half the Avengers or GotG). Then 3.0 was announced and they finally let you use any freaking Star Wars character in all the play sets. I said if they every have a fire sale on Infinity I'll get 2.0 and 3.0. Well it's been 4 days and only $220 later I have 2.0, 3.0, all 8 play sets, and 40 figures. We bought every Star Wars character as they easily have the most value. Every member of the actual Avengers besides Black Panther, all 5 members of the GotG, and then 2 characters each for Inside Out, and Finding Dory (not that there was a choice on Finding Dory). Between GameStop selling the CE starters for $15, and having the B2G3 used, where I picked up 25 characters, along with TRU having figures B1G2 with all play sets at $20, this was an easy way to get this stuff that I was dissapponted I didn't originally get. I did the math on the retail and if I would have bought all these items on release it would have been nearly $1000, so waiting about 2 years to save $800 was definitely the way to go. I would do this with Skylanders, but their stock can be wild. Certain figures flood the shelf forever, and others will never be seen again after they are first released. Now I wait for the Lego Dimensions fire sale.

Went to Gamestops in MA where they had the saga bundles listed as Instock.

When I got there, they said they had to ship the bundles back to the company the moment the price drop happened, and just aren't reflected online yet.

BestBuy would NOT price match the Saga bundle either, claiming that because it did not show as "In Stock" on the website, they could not match it.

So I tried to bring up the local stores which had them in (which when I left my house hours earlier showed them in stock at 4-5 stores within an hour of that Best Buy), but it no longer showed as in stock.

That's a load of shit.
Gardner MA store was the one that claimed the moment the price dropped, they had to ship it back to the factory/distribution.

They even had a big display of the 3.0 boxes behind the counter built, with the figures standing in front and on top of them as guards.

I have never bought a single toys to life game/figure because they're pricey and I just don't get it (I only bought one amiibo and that was as a gift).  With this deal, however, I couldn't pass up the opportunity on the Saga and CE bundles.  Thanks OP!  No way will I buy any other figures still but I like having the ones I got to play with when it's cold or I have some down time and want to try this whole contraption out :)

bread's done
Back