Disney to Acquire Marvel Entertainment

I think this could go either way according to how its handled. I will reserve judgment.

CoffeeEdge, do you own stock in Disney lol?

Good! Now we get to see Cloud vs. Spiderman in KHIII

JK I hope Marvel characters never make their way into Kingdom Hearts.

[quote name='dustdust']
JK I hope Marvel characters never make their way into Kingdom Hearts.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not Kingdom Hearts, but I'd be shocked if Disney didn't try something like that with some of their new Marvel characters. After all they reached outside of the company to do it with Square-Enix, I'm sure they'd have no reservations about doing it with characters they own. Not that that's necessarily the end of the world, or close to it.

[quote name='bvharris']Maybe not Kingdom Hearts, but I'd be shocked if Disney didn't try something like that with some of their new Marvel characters. After all they reached outside of the company to do it with Square-Enix, I'm sure they'd have no reservations about doing it with characters they own. Not that that's necessarily the end of the world, or close to it.[/QUOTE]
I agree that Disney should do a cross between their original characters and the Marvel superheroes..in fact i WANT them to do that. However, I grew up associating KH with Disney and Square-Enix and would prefer it stay that way ;)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Warner Brothers already owns DC. I'd imagine that had at least something to do with Disney wanting to buy Marvel.

Sure you can look at this negatively but I'm thinking a little bit more optimistically about the resources Marvel will have access to now.[/QUOTE]

You said what I was going to say.

The only thing Disney does that bother me is their half assed TV DVD releases (Gargoyles being a good example). Marvel's animated shows aren't even close to DCAU in quality though so that is a minor concern for me. Disney/Marvel will be fine.

Looks like Deadpool will have some ass to kick, or will the mouse bring him down?

But seriously this is horrible news..

26909400.jpg

I'm looking at this deal warily. Disney owns a lot of "mature" properties, but they are also known for interfering in things to preserve their image. Marvel is something that is most likely looked upon by the general public as kid oriented, and thus I think Disney is more likely to get involved than not.

That said, I'm going to wait and see what happens. I'm not going to run off and cancel any of my subscriptions or boycott movies. Plus a lot of the really bad stuff was done under Eisner, and he is gone. So while I'm worried, I will hope for the best.

Remember when Disney brought ESPN? It is not like Miley Cyrus is going to show up for Monday Night Football. Oh wait...

How the hell has no one mentioned the awesome idea of The Incredibles and the X-men, or INcredibles and the Avengers. Or the Incredibles vs. The Hulk (which could be an interesting and violent movie)

At first I was a bit shocked. But considering the state of American comic books today, I shrugged. Every time I go to a comic book store, 90% of the customers are men in their 30s. And don't get me started on the price of a mere issue. I'm starting to think comic books are by the wayside of the newspaper. The companies didn't adapt to the new conditions of the marketplace and this is the result. Isn't Naruto more popular with the children than Spider-Man or X-men?

bread's done
Back