Disney TV on sale - X-Men, Iron Man, Gargoyles

Gargoyles is one of the few shows I enjoyed as a kid that I feel still holds up really well. Disappointed they stopped releasing volumes. Everyone should pick it up at that price.

damn that's a good price on these sets! i wish i had some extra ca$h right now! it really bums me out that Disney won't complete the Gargoyles collection!

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Ok I'll just say it. I would love to get these for my boys but is a Blu Ray release coming anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

... You're kidding, right? No.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']... You're kidding, right? No.[/QUOTE]

This.

And damn these good sales when I'm poor.

More like damn these inferior products..

I mean shit. People want to buy them. Why do they not make complete sets? (outside of F4 and Iron-Man)

Thanks so much OP! Finally got the complete X-Men series as well as the 2 Gargoyle sets. Like you said - some episodes is better than none!

Some of the others like Ducktales, Talespin, and Chip+Dales Rescue Rangers are only a couple bucks more each ($13.50ish range), sold by other companies but fulfilled by Amazon with FSSS.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']... You're kidding, right? No.[/QUOTE]

Well I was and yeah I know this is a 90's cartoon and a good one. Just wondering crazier things have happened.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Well I was and yeah I know this is a 90's cartoon and a good one. Just wondering crazier things have happened.[/QUOTE]
Considering they never even finished releasing most of the Disney 90s cartoons on DVD (Talespin, Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, etc.), I can't think of a crazier thing then them suddenly deciding to release them on blu-ray. ;)

My one fear is that I get screwed again like I did with Powerpuff Girls. They released season 1 and then later released a complete series set. No individual releases for the other seasons.

X-Men Vol. 5 is a steal at that price. I've never seen that below 15 dollars. Thanks for the alert, I picked up X-Men Vol. 5 and Gargoyles Vol. 2.

Finally grabbed Volumes 3-5 to finish up the X-Men series.

Now hurry up and finish Gargoyles and start on the 90's animated Spider-Man!!!

[quote name='spawnvader']Now hurry up and finish Gargoyles and start on the 90's animated Spider-Man!!![/QUOTE]
Your newsletter, I must subscribe to it. :applause:

These Disney Volumes have been out for years, I highly doubt Disney will ever finish them. All there Disney Cartoons are all unfinished, I really do hope they would finish some, I would even settle for one or two. Maybe we will get them once digital downloads really picks up, I don't see them investing the time and money to transfer them to dvd any time soon.

I really want to replace my bootleg X-Men DVDs, like I promised myself I would when I first heard it was officially being released... but I wonder if they'll ever come out with a spiffy complete box set for it, instead of individual volumes.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']I really want to replace my bootleg X-Men DVDs, like I promised myself I would when I first heard it was officially being released... but I wonder if they'll ever come out with a spiffy complete box set for it, instead of individual volumes.[/QUOTE]

Disney doesn't do complete series at all really. If they were going to do one I would think they would have either released it soon after the volume 4 (which was over a year ago now) or any time now with X-Men First Class coming out. I wouldn't bet on a complete set at this point.

Volume 5 completed the x-men animated series. Gargoyles is one of the series that will most likely never be completed on DVD. I'm not sure what you're looking for in the x-men avenue but the animated series is completed through all 5 volumes.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']I really want to replace my bootleg X-Men DVDs, like I promised myself I would when I first heard it was officially being released... [/QUOTE]

Same here I just picked up 4 and 5 and Fantastic Four to replace the ones I bought at a convention years ago. If they are still on sale next week I'll pick up the next three xmen dvds. I'll seen the first three on sale a lot so not in a rush to grab them. Might get Ironman don't remember it very well.

[quote name='spawnvader']Finally grabbed Volumes 3-5 to finish up the X-Men series.

Now hurry up and finish Gargoyles and start on the 90's animated Spider-Man!!![/QUOTE]

Debating those as well. It's now on Netflix though...

[quote name='dafunkk12']Finished up my X-Men set by picking up vol 3. Yeah, that's right, for whatever reason, my gap was in the middle.[/QUOTE]
Heh, after ordering S5 through this deal, I went home and realized I never got S4. It happens. :)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Disney doesn't do complete series at all really. If they were going to do one I would think they would have either released it soon after the volume 4 (which was over a year ago now) or any time now with X-Men First Class coming out. I wouldn't bet on a complete set at this point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it from Disney. Hell, I'm just glad they released all 5 volumes -- they only released volumes 1 and 2 for both Power Rangers Jungle Fury and Power Rangers RPM, so getting a complete set through volumes is all you can really hope for.

Thanks OP, I picked up all the X-men volumes. I hadn't been actively searching for them, but whenever I did I was hard pressed to find any under $20.

I recomend everyone get Gargolyes. I bought it release day and may just buy them again.

A few years back the creator actually went out and told people to buy copies for others and support it as sales werent great and disney wanted it to sell more before releasing the rest.

I ended up getting Gargoyles from walmart, since they have both sets for $9. It's a real shame that they don't plan on releasing the rest.

[quote name='erehwon']I ended up getting Gargoyles from walmart, since they have both sets for $9. It's a real shame that they don't plan on releasing the rest.[/QUOTE]
Is this recent? I don't recall the last time I saw Gargoyles at Walmart..

[quote name='novem']Gargoyles is one of the few shows I enjoyed as a kid that I feel still holds up really well. Disappointed they stopped releasing volumes. Everyone should pick it up at that price.[/QUOTE]

Gargoyles is still on Disney XD late at night (3-4AMish). They used to run EVERYTHING, in order. I'm not so sure now. If there are no plans for a Disney release I may just have to migrate the whole thing to DVD myself.

Urgh.

[quote name='theflicker']http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=amb_lin...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1298190802&pf_rd_i=B002DYKPF6
X-Men vol 2 11.49 http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Marvel-...DKIKX0DER&s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1305301112&sr=1-2

X-Men vol 3 11.49 http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Three-M...DKIKX0DER&s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1305301112&sr=1-4

X-Men vol 4 11.49 http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Four-Ma...DKIKX0DER&s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1305301112&sr=1-6
[/QUOTE]

I really want these sets (I love the phoenix and apocalypse sagas) but i'm still on the fence.

[quote name='theflicker']It was at 11.49 on 4/25 according to camelcamelcamel.[/QUOTE]

Wish i had gotten it then
icon_cry.gif

If you live in Canada, Walmart's selling all the X-Men DVDs for $10 each, both Gargoyles are $10 each and Iron Man is $15. Just a heads up for my fellow Canucks! ;)

[quote name='novem']Gargoyles is one of the few shows I enjoyed as a kid that I feel still holds up really well. Disappointed they stopped releasing volumes. Everyone should pick it up at that price.[/QUOTE]

This.

I loved the show as a kid, and a year ago I recorded every episode on the DVR from Disney XD (R.I.P. Toon Disney)'s middle of the freakin night broadcast and watched the whole series as an adult. It is incredible how strong the show is today, to think this was an animated series from 1995, and by Disney no less!

Why can't we get more animated series this well written that stands tall against even modern adult entertainment? I feel the only animated programs that have gotten close or on equal footing with Gargoyles is certain animes, like Cowboy Bebop.

I truly do hope that the creators get to continue the series someday outside of comics (which seemed to have stopped a couple years back...), but as long as Disney holds the rights, it's not going to happen.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Why can't we get more animated series this well written that stands tall against even modern adult entertainment? I feel the only animated programs that have gotten close or on equal footing with Gargoyles is certain animes, like Cowboy Bebop.[/QUOTE]
I highly recommend rewatching Batman: TAS. I picked up the whole series a few months back when all the seasons were on sale. I've been rewatching it with my little brother who was ~3-4 when the show was originally on. It's crazy how ahead of its time this show was. Character development and multiple-episode plot arcs (not just consecutive episodes either, they'd casually call back to events from a season or two prior), just fantastic stuff.

bread's done
Back