Disney Upgrade 2 Blu

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got home with my UP Blu & looking through the usually movie adds & stuff they put in there I came across an add for http://disneyupgrade2blu.com/ I checked it out & all the links on the site appear to not be working for me. The add in UP says that you go to the site & select the eligible title that you own, print out & mail in your upgrade form, & then receive a coupon for the Blu version via e-mail. The add also shows three titles that will be eligible at some time, Snow White, Cars & Monsters Inc. The only title mentioned on the site is Monsters Inc. Has anybody else checked this site out or know anything about more specifically how it works?

[quote name='seventh_sage']I just got home with my UP Blu & looking through the usually movie adds & stuff they put in there I came across an add for http://disneyupgrade2blu.com/ I checked it out & all the links on the site appear to not be working for me. The add in UP says that you go to the site & select the eligible title that you own, print out & mail in your upgrade form, & then receive a coupon for the Blu version via e-mail. The add also shows three titles that will be eligible at some time, Snow White, Cars & Monsters Inc. The only title mentioned on the site is Monsters Inc. Has anybody else checked this site out or know anything about more specifically how it works?[/QUOTE]

It is part of disney rewards program. You don't get a free upgrade you get a $8 coupon off Monsters Inc.

It looks like the little picture shows $8. Probably the cost?

I'm going to keep my eye out for Disney DVDs at Walmart on BF for $2. Potentially $10 Disney BR then.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']It looks like the little picture shows $8. Probably the cost?

I'm going to keep my eye out for Disney DVDs at Walmart on BF for $2. Potentially $10 Disney BR then.[/QUOTE]

No, if you click the thing near the bottom that says "click here to launch site" you'll see it's offering an $8 off Monsters Inc Blu-Ray coupon. Nothing to do with the cost of the actual blu ray

Hi All, I am part of a Disney Feedback/Focus Group, and a site that lets you trade in dvd's and get credit towards a Blu-Ray is being created. It now goes to Monsters Inc info only because there are no other details yet. They hope to launch the full program soon. All the best!

[quote name='digitalbabe']Hi All, I am part of a Disney Feedback/Focus Group, and a site that lets you trade in dvd's and get credit towards a Blu-Ray is being created. It now goes to Monsters Inc info only because there are no other details yet. They hope to launch the full program soon. All the best![/QUOTE]

I love you...

This is pretty cool. I wish more studios would do this. Unfortunately I only have Toy Story 1 & 2, and I doubt they'll be a part of it.

I never liked rewards. Am I missing something here?

The codes give little points and the in order to redeem for something worth it requires more that 3000 points to get it.

yes as far as I can tell, this is something unrelated to rewards. this involves paying 8 bucks to upgrade to the blu versions of your dvds.

Hi All-Right now the coupon promotions for Disney new release Blu-Rays are usually available by entering the UPC from the DVD version into your "My Account" Disneymovierewards.com website. The Disney Upgrade to Blu site points there, because the Monsters coupon was one of the promos that gave you x towards the Blu-Ray. However, for the future, as the upgrade site shows when you 1st visit that website, their plan is to allow you a few options of either trading in your dvd, or taking it to a retailer, and getting x credit. Other promos will continue to have the coupon sites go live, so you can print coupons. Many options were considered, and logistics discussed for different scenarios. I checked with the facilitator, and they are a bit behind schedule launching it, but hope to have it be live within the next few months.

As for the Rewards, yes they won't give away the farm, as other studios, credit cards, etc etc, will not either. I don't have kids, but parents enjoy the double point days (one may be coming up again in Dec), because they can enter codes and redeem for shirts, posters, etc. If you visit the movies with kids, and buy many Disney DVD's, as many parents do, this is popular, and more of an extra perk. I and many others have passed on that it would be neat to have some adult gifts, for those interested, and lower point requirements for BD's, but obviously the final decision is not in our hands. In addition, the Blu-Ray Club is now live (separate program), but again, it's more geared towards those that are not hunting for the best deal in the likes of recent UP/Monster deals for $1/each etc. We're in the minority-most people walk into a B&M store or order online without surfing several forums first.

Hopefully once the full program to trade dvd's for BD's goes live, we'll have a few options. And for those that don't have SD's, but would like to purchase the Blu-Rays the coupons will hopefully continue to be available. The last few promos were very popular, per their feedback, so I can't imagine they won't continue them.

[quote name='tarouza']wish that they would reprint/do blu of the lion king my wife wants that movie and i am having a hard time finding it[/QUOTE]

Try eBay, they're barely going over $20. Sucks that I still have a sealed giftset that I was hoping would go up in value and I just saw that it hasn't :/

[quote name='digitalbabe']Hi All-Right now the coupon promotions for Disney new release Blu-Rays are usually available by entering the UPC from the DVD version into your "My Account" Disneymovierewards.com website. The Disney Upgrade to Blu site points there, because the Monsters coupon was one of the promos that gave you x towards the Blu-Ray. However, for the future, as the upgrade site shows when you 1st visit that website, their plan is to allow you a few options of either trading in your dvd, or taking it to a retailer, and getting x credit. Other promos will continue to have the coupon sites go live, so you can print coupons. Many options were considered, and logistics discussed for different scenarios. I checked with the facilitator, and they are a bit behind schedule launching it, but hope to have it be live within the next few months.

As for the Rewards, yes they won't give away the farm, as other studios, credit cards, etc etc, will not either. I don't have kids, but parents enjoy the double point days (one may be coming up again in Dec), because they can enter codes and redeem for shirts, posters, etc. If you visit the movies with kids, and buy many Disney DVD's, as many parents do, this is popular, and more of an extra perk. I and many others have passed on that it would be neat to have some adult gifts, for those interested, and lower point requirements for BD's, but obviously the final decision is not in our hands. In addition, the Blu-Ray Club is now live (separate program), but again, it's more geared towards those that are not hunting for the best deal in the likes of recent UP/Monster deals for $1/each etc. We're in the minority-most people walk into a B&M store or order online without surfing several forums first.

Hopefully once the full program to trade dvd's for BD's goes live, we'll have a few options. And for those that don't have SD's, but would like to purchase the Blu-Rays the coupons will hopefully continue to be available. The last few promos were very popular, per their feedback, so I can't imagine they won't continue them.[/QUOTE]

I guess we will have to wait & see what Disney decides to do. But if it's like the Monsters Inc coupon it can't be that bad, save $8 for just putting in a UPC code. The only thing I ask is if they would require us to trade in our dvd copy that they keep doing the dvd/blu combo pack at least cause I do still want dvd copies since I only have one blruray player & not everybody I know has one either. The digital copy is very nice as well. I feel that having all three together makes for a great value.

[quote name='tarouza']wish that they would reprint/do blu of the lion king my wife wants that movie and i am having a hard time finding it[/QUOTE]
I think that's third omn the rotation right now. In march it will be Fantasia and Fantasia 200 on blu, then around October 2010 will be Beauty and the Beast on blu, and then I think around March 2011 will be Lion King on blu.

The program appears to be live now. Basically you select which movies you want to upgrade and send them the upc or proof of purchase tab and they send you a $8 coupon you can use at retail towards the Blu-Ray version of that movie.

"Please allow eight to ten weeks for delivery"

gah, i want them like .....now (or at least sooner than 2 months) -.-

[quote name='Richter']"Please allow eight to ten weeks for delivery"

gah, i want them like .....now (or at least sooner than 2 months) -.-[/QUOTE]

lol I know right, stacking it with the Target $5 off coupon would be nice.

Wish they offered more than a 30 day window of the coupon being valid once its printed. Also wonder if its going to be the same coupon type printer program they use now. Because if it tracks prints and your printer has a paper jam or something that would suck not allowing another print.

https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/index.html

you need flash 10 (ugh). it took me forever to manually install it at work and the website takes forever to load.

heres the FAQ for details (read it, explains everything)
https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/faq.html

anyway, basically you print a form, affix your UPC OR purchase tabs, mail that in, and your account gets credited with an 8$ printable coupon for a purchase of the Bluray (expires 30 days after printing). Works in US and Canada only (not in Quebec).

heres a list of participating retailers that will take your coupon: (unfortunately, no Amazon)
https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/retailerList.html

ALL disney movies which are already on Bluray or coming soon to bluray are eligible.

Meh... $8 off the Disney Retail price still doesn't make this worth it. Especially if I have to hack up my DVD's. At least Warner's DVD2BLU gives you the movie in BR format, instead of giving you a worthless credit.

i completely agree. very disappointing. i dont have any disney dvds anyway but still, i expect studios to be a little more generous with having us upgrade to a different format.

these may be useful combined with other retailer coupons like the current target one, or during sales. but as far as 8$ off MSRP of $30, well.... thats pretty useless.

https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/index.html

I doubt that, even in the best case scenario, these will arrive before the Target $5 off coupon expires. I think they've got all their currently available animated Blu-Rays, both traditional and Pixar, and a bunch of live action stuff as well, including Pirates and Nat'l Treasure. Just requires a personalized form and the proof-of-purchase tabs, so you get to keep your DVDs; coupons will be e-mailed to you. My guess is we'll all order these and wait six months for another sale at TRU or Target.

I'm not going to bother with the upgrade program until Christmas season 2010. I don't see the point in sending away for coupons that may not get here until well after all the sales are gone. The Disney coupons, with their 30 day expiration period, basically means you're gambling that the sales they have right now are MORE EXPENSIVE than the price you'll be able to get with the coupon in a couple months. This is a bet and not even a good one.

Maybe live action movies like National Treasure will have a good chance of having a regular low price in stores but the animated stuff? I doubt it. I might just end up waiting until next October or the start of Nov 2010 to do this so that I'll have a better chance of getting a deal.

The 30 days to use the coupon is really pretty terrible. Since you're sending them your proof of purchase, they really should not limit you that much.

my understanding is that its printable. and it expires 30 days after you print it. from the faq

* What happens after I complete my order?

* Once you complete your order, print and mail your order slip and acceptable form of proof-of-purchase for each DVD submission you’ve selected for upgrade (Note: your original DVD(s) are yours to keep.) For each valid DVD submission, you’ll receive an email with a link to a printable coupon for a discount on the same film on Blu-ray Disc redeemable at participating retail locations.

What puts me off most about this is that the Disney DVDs are in keep cases (as opposed to cardboard flippers) so you have to cut part of the cover art out.

Come on, Disney, all I had to do for the Monsters Inc. blu-ray coupon was enter the UPC online.

What about people who bought the VHS tapes back in the day?
I didn't buy these DVD releases because I had them on VHS :/

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']What about people who bought the VHS tapes back in the day?
I didn't buy these DVD releases because I had them on VHS :/[/QUOTE]

The site says vhs are excluded from this offer

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']The site says vhs are excluded from this offer[/QUOTE]

Which is a bummer because I have nearly all of the Disney renaissance films all packed up in the garage :cry:

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']when are they gonna add toy story to coming soon? wanna get my $8 coupon by release week to combine with disney inevitable $10 coupon[/QUOTE]

I think they are getting rid of the $10 coupon for older titles. They didn't have one for Monsters Inc. All they had was the $8 upgrade one which many people took advantage of without owning the DVD. To keep people from doing that you have to mail your proof tabs to get the deal now. Also most places will not take two manufacture coupons anyways.

Anyone that's used this - if I do all my movies at once, can I just leave the coupon on the website indefinitely until I find a good sale to use the coupon on? Otherwise, it's kind of a crapshoot.... Like next week's sale at Target of POTC would have been a nice time to use the coupon, but if you had printer it more than 30 days previous, the soupon would be bad... Any input on this aspect of it would be great.

Thanks

I've been waiting a while for this program to get started. Looking forward to upgrading the Toy Story movies and Incredibles when it releases on blu.

Hello

Is anyone interested in trading or swapping Proof of Purchase codes?

I'd like to get the coupons for some of these flicks but don't currently own the dvd's.

Thanks!

Sent some Disney tabs in on Monday and got the email yesterday. Just in time to pick up the first two Pirates movies for $5 each after coupon from Target.

has anyone successfully traded coupons after they were printed? I just printed my 3 pirates coupons, and it seems like I can still print them, I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade? I'll take basically anything I don't have, but I'd prefer that you already printed, incase this doesn't work.

Have:
All three pirates movies, but already printed
Ratatouille (Unused)

Want: Anything but these

National Treasure
National Treasure 2
Cars
Wall-e
Narnia 1
Narnia 2
Monster's Inc
Bugs Life
Miracle
Haunted Mansion

PM me with offers

does anybody else have any thoughts on investing in Pixar movies on Blu now? You know they will all eventually be done in 3D. I've already bought a bunch of them but only if I got good deals.

Buying movies on Blu-Ray (or DVD) is never an investment, it's always an expense. If you think you'll watch them often enough to justify the expense, then buy 'em. If you just want them to sit unwrapped on your shelf, then don't.

[quote name='sgand']do i only have to mail in 1 of the proof of purchase tabs, or the entire section of them?[/QUOTE]
I did the entire section, and received my coupons in 4 days

[quote name='Izod517']Am I missing something or were the pirates movies removed? =([/QUOTE]
Wow looks like they did remove them

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but what has been everyone's experiences regarding actually using the coupons in retail stores? I went to Best Buy today to get Prince Caspian since I saw it for 12.99 and with the coupon it would have been 6 bucks but the cashier told me that since the blu was already on sale the coupon could not be redeemed since there was a line of print that stated that coupon could not be used in conjunction with another offer. Color me disappointed. :(

bread's done
Back