Disney's Epic Mickey Collector's Edition $28.88 free ship w Prime @ Amazon

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Dayum... I paid $32 last Saturday at Amazon...

Should I contact them? Seriously. $2 dollars are $2 dollars![/QUOTE]

It's basically the cost of a whole meal! Yes contact them!

I barely play my Wii at all and I doubt I'd give this game more than a passing interest, but I'm a sucker for collector's editions and even this is tempting. Although the CE items don't seem very impressive, pretty much just the statue that's of any worth, so I think I'll manage to hold out for if it somehow reaches the sub-$20 mark.

Funny that they give you a DVD with it when the Wii doesn't even play back DVDs...

Dude...then just buy it now, trade the actual game to Best Buy for $30 TIV and keep all the "collectors" stuff for free.

How long will this keep dropping? Definitely don't want to make the same mistake I did with Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.

[quote name='ryheeles']How long will this keep dropping? Definitely don't want to make the same mistake I did with Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.[/QUOTE]

No one knows. Here's what I'm doing:

I pick a price($25) and if it hits that I buy it, if not I'll just wait until the regular game hits the $15-20 price point. If you really want it, jump now as it could easily be back up to $50 this time tomorrow.

Ended up ordering it yesterday, and it's here now. I'm just glad my only Mickey problem was a detached ear that easily fit back in and looks good as new. Still, it's not a bad deal after trading in the standard edition to BB for $30.

Crap, now you have me thinking about buying it with Amazon credit, playing through the game, trading the game in to BB at a tiny profit, keeping the stuff, then buying an Amazon gift card with the proceed :p

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Crap, now you have me thinking about buying it with Amazon credit, playing through the game, trading the game in to BB at a tiny profit, keeping the stuff, then buying an Amazon gift card with the proceed :p[/QUOTE]

You must have read my mind. Folks, remember to lock in your trade-in values.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Crap, now you have me thinking about buying it with Amazon credit, playing through the game, trading the game in to BB at a tiny profit, keeping the stuff, then buying an Amazon gift card with the proceed :p[/QUOTE]
Best Buy accepts "not for resale" games?

[quote name='Stele']Best Buy accepts "not for resale" games?[/QUOTE]

The game itself is exactly the same as the regular edition- including the barcode.

[quote name='ryheeles']The game itself is exactly the same as the regular edition- including the barcode.[/QUOTE]

Woohoo. Thanks for trying to burst out bubble steele.

[quote name='AwRy108']Do your lazy self a huge favor, Chief Wiggum: go read/watch some reviews on the game. Trust-worthy sites are GiantBomb.com and GameTrailers.com. You'll probably do the smart thing and not buy this for more than $20 once you see what the honest critics have to say.[/QUOTE]
LOL, whoa! I know all bout GB, GT and many other sites. I just figured I'd ask a quick opinion or info from people here at CAG. I know about the camera issues. Yeesh.

[quote name='oni-link']I didn't see this posted so here it is:http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Epic-M..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1303486626&sr=1-1 Epic Mickey CE is $28.88 :hot: at amazon.com...oddly almost $10 cheaper than the standard edition. I picked up an extra copy to hold on just in case it goes up in value sometime in the future. Seeing how it's Disney and the Wii being so popular it's not a bad idea!!![/QUOTE]You need to look harder, as it was only on page 3, and came up in a search.

Your thread has been merged into this one.

[quote name='stoned99']Cool, in for the mickey statue, I'm trading the game to BB it gets 30$[/QUOTE]

What is BB? Best Buy or Blockbuster or something else?

[quote name='ratruby']What is BB? Best Buy or Blockbuster or something else?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy

Dang. Should I pick this up? I just bought a Wii and although I don't have a ton of free time to play, it's pretty damn cheap. And with a $30 TIV...dangit.

I've heard mixed reviews, is it worth the $30? I feel stupid for not picking up Kirby's Epic Yarn for $30...feel like this could be the same dealio.

It sounds like this is underwhelming but could this be geared towards a younger audience, i.e., simple for a reason?

[quote name='shrike4242']You need to look harder, as it was only on page 3, and came up in a search.

Your thread has been merged into this one.[/QUOTE]

thanks;)

[quote name='milesbeyond']Dang. Should I pick this up? I just bought a Wii and although I don't have a ton of free time to play, it's pretty damn cheap. And with a $30 TIV...dangit.

I've heard mixed reviews, is it worth the $30? I feel stupid for not picking up Kirby's Epic Yarn for $30...feel like this could be the same dealio.[/QUOTE]

As a game, the best way I can describe it is that it feels like a product of PS1-era game design. Whether you think that amounts to being hopelessly outdated or nostalgically charming is up in the air. Nearly everything about the gameplay has a certain unpolished/unadvanced feel to me that makes it seem like a blast from the past of say, 15 years ago.

There's undoubtedly an awkwardness to the camera, as many here and in reviews have voiced. You'll run across problems quite often, though few of them are totally insurmountable. The manual control for the camera is simply too slow, and sometimes disallowed, which feels like a crime in this day. Most of the problems come from trying to backtrack through alternate paths that weren't intended to be run in that direction, which is a fault that lies entirely with the developers and not the player who cannot know how a level was intended to be experienced.

As a text, I think Epic Mickey is brilliant. It functions effectively as a work of catharsis for Disney (and Mickey) in its struggle to reintegrate Oswald into a canon which has long ago replaced him. The narrative can feel a bit scattershot (like many PS1-era games), but I think it's befitting the process of discovery and reconciliation at the heart of this text, complete with all the strangeness, angst, and postmodern self-awareness that may entail.

rapsodist has put it quite nicely, however I would go as far to say 15 year old design, but it definitely has a last gen feel to it despite current gen graphics. As for controls, just keep your finger on the camera button to center it. You will use it...a LOT.

Story-wise, it's good and does a great job integrating all the old forgotten characters. The 2D level design through the old cartoons is simply brilliant. While those segments are short, I'd say they are THE reason to play the game. The whole game should have been comprised of that concept.

Lastly, the designers have abso-fucking-lutely NAILED a 3D animated Mickey(via cut-scenes). The way he looks, the way he moves, talks, etc. That is something Disney can't even claim thus far. I'm not one to dump classic 2D characters for 3D renders, but if Disney's 3D stuff had half of the love and care put into his design like in this game, I'd be all for it.

I received my copy a few days ago. The mickey statue actually arrived mint and complete. It's pretty cool looking too. I put it up on a shelf with a bunch of other collectibles. I can see how these mickey statues may be damaged during shipment because there isn't very much protection. I guess I was very lucky.

The stickers are very very very small. Everyone says they are little, but they are even smaller than you'd imagine.

I don't really know what to do with these two little square stickers. I'll probably use the wiimote sticker though and play the game in a couple months after I play portal 2, and a bunch of others first.

Looks like 28.88 has been held for a few days anyway... time to buy. The $30 trade in at BB helps too, lol. I locked in my trade in price just in case I don't like the game. ;)

[quote name='confoosious']And a molten center of anti-semitism![/QUOTE]

LOL

I think its plastic and some kind of porcelain feeling material. The ears and arms especially feel like they could snap off no problem. The reviews on Amazon explain it better though.

[quote name='JAlbertL']what are the chances it goes below 26?[/QUOTE]

I plugged all the data into my computer, and it spit out 78.92%...but the difficulty then would be finding a somewhat limited supply of the collector's edition. The percentages drop to 35.63% for the price to fall below $25.

Thanks for asking...I've been dying to use my new computer.

[quote name='mitch079']I still find it hilarious they put a DVD in as an extra for a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I needed that laugh. :lol:

[quote name='mitch079']I still find it hilarious they put a DVD in as an extra for a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

I know, seriously. How much more would it have cost Nintendo to give the Wii the functionality of playing DVDs? I know they were trying to sell a console cheaper than Microsoft and Sony, but come on.

Just because I bought a Wii doesn't mean I also own a DVD player. It's only 2011 and some of us haven't upgraded from VHS yet. I don't see the point of buying one of those expensive DVD players until it's a widely accepted format that everyone uses.

Furthermore, my floppy disc drive still works fine in my computer and I don't see the need to have one of those dvd drives that costs upwards of $10 on newegg.

Nintendo needs to realize that just because I bought one of their Mickey Collector's Editions doesn't mean that I own one of those high-tech confangled DVD playing devices. What am I? Made of money?

On the one hand with all the money Nintendo made on the Wii, they could release an update to allow DVDs to be played (Wii is able to read them, homebrew is proof of that).... on the other hand though Disney or whoever could have made the bonus disc work on the Wii as a Wii disc or video player instead of going "standard DVD" format.

[quote name='teknomedic'](Wii is able to read them, homebrew is proof of that)....[/QUOTE]
Yup, it's one of the first things I added when I got my Wii. I actually kinda forgot that it doesn't play DVD's right out of the box.

[quote name='slowdive21']What is the "statue" made of?[/QUOTE]

Hard plastic. It's actually not that bad. For $28.88, it's a pretty good price for it's quality. It's much better than some of the crap other CEs are trying to pass off as statues.

Didn't they do the same for Mario All Stars?

[quote name='teknomedic']Looks like 28.88 has been held for a few days anyway... time to buy. The $30 trade in at BB helps too, lol. I locked in my trade in price just in case I don't like the game. ;)[/QUOTE]
Does Best Buy Trade-in (Dealtree) work that way? It says the trade-in value is an estimate (they can adjust the value once they receive it) and the amounts look pretty stale.

bread's done
Back