DJ Hero 2 Turntable Bundle (360/PS3/Wii) $29.99 at Amazon

Wahooo!

kWl0f.png

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Wahooo!

kWl0f.png
[/QUOTE]

Damn, very nice! :D

Still debating whether or not to buy it yet. I kind of want to wait till I improve my skills on the first one before moving on to the second one. Hmm....

[quote name='Luxuria']Damn, very nice! :D

Still debating whether or not to buy it yet. I kind of want to wait till I improve my skills on the first one before moving on to the second one. Hmm....[/QUOTE]

I posted the deal and I'm still debating. :lol:

And this is a prime example of why I have "tried" to stay away from CAG. Argh...

I enjoyed the first game quite a bit and I think it'll be cool to play some 2 player... unfortunately I don't know anybody who would be interested in playing it also.

[quote name='RoGo7']I posted the deal and I'm still debating. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. It seriously is tempting. Thanks for this! ^^

[quote name='egonpax']And this is a prime example of why I have "tried" to stay away from CAG. Argh...

I enjoyed the first game quite a bit and I think it'll be cool to play some 2 player... unfortunately I don't know anybody who would be interested in playing it also.[/QUOTE]

Maybe your wife / girlfriend?

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Maybe your wife / girlfriend?[/QUOTE]

Yeah my wife does like Rock Band so she does have an interest in rhythm games... but DJ Hero might be too complicated for her. Lol.

Also, stop trying to convince me to pick it up!

[quote name='egonpax']Yeah my wife does like Rock Band so she does have an interest in rhythm games... but DJ Hero might be too complicated for her. Lol.

Also, stop trying to convince me to pick it up![/QUOTE]

Oh... you know you want it... ;)

[quote name='egonpax']Yeah my wife does like Rock Band so she does have an interest in rhythm games... but DJ Hero might be too complicated for her. Lol.

Also, stop trying to convince me to pick it up![/QUOTE]

I think guitar and vocals can be played in this game if anything. :p

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Oh... you know you want it... ;)[/QUOTE]

You.... *shakes fist* (btw, are you the one and the same Fernando Rocker that frequents the Joystiq comments? - just curious)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I cant believe I paid 100 dollars for this...feel like an idiot[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Me neither. I remember seeing crazy deals on DJ Hero 1 bundles after a while so I figured it would happen to this one too. $30 may still be too rich for my blood right now.

[quote name='Luxuria']I think guitar and vocals can be played in this game if anything. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right and that helps persuades me, but haven't heard too much about it. I heard that the guitar implement in the first game was very meh so wasn't really taking that into consideration for this one.

[quote name='egonpax']You.... *shakes fist* (btw, are you the one and the same Fernando Rocker that frequents the Joystiq comments? - just curious)

Ouch. Me neither. I remember seeing crazy deals on DJ Hero 1 bundles after a while so I figured it would happen to this one too. $30 may still be too rich for my blood right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I'm the same. I used to be a very popular commenter there... but not anymore.

Now I post mostly at NeoGAF.

I'm tempted, but I got the first DJ Hero for the PS2 and didn't really like it (the controls felt sluggish and unresponsive, plus you couldn't fail the song like you can in GH/RB).

Should I give DJ Hero another try on the 360 this time or will I probably dislike it again?

I'd recommend it for a good time waster, remember you can pick up another Deck @ gamestop for $10, checkpoint mode is a blast.

Sad part is, I'm tempted to buy one of those avatar Dog Masks (on the 360) just to see it rockin' out a mix..lol

One of the few games my girl will play with me. No fail, plus separate difficulties for each player = win

This game is seriously a blast. I never buy these games either....the last "hero" game I bought was GH2 on the PS2, but I have already spent about 20-30 hours playing DJ Hero 2. If you have any interest at all in this game, pick it up. It is far better than DJ Hero 1 also.

Two questions (PS3 version):

1. Does the Rock Band USB microphone work with it?

2. The turntable is backwards compatible with DJ Hero 1 yes?

I bought this for $50 at Kmart back in January and do not regret it, and that's coming from someone who is seriously a cheapass. This game is so much fun to play with friends, and the mixes are a lot better than the first one.

Also, the turntable that comes with it is wireless and is backwards compatible with the first one since it's the exact same turntable.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Two questions (PS3 version):

1. Does the Rock Band USB microphone work with it?

2. The turntable is backwards compatible with DJ Hero 1 yes?[/QUOTE]

Yes for both of them. Basically any USB mic will work.

The only thing missing in DJ Hero 2 is the guitar support.

Thanks, totally impulse bought this one. First music game so hope it will be fun. Gonna be short on time with MK9 and Portal 2 coming out (not to mention Socom which I'll probably cancel at this rate).

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I cant believe I paid 100 dollars for this...feel like an idiot[/QUOTE]

don't feel bad, just think that you were playing it when you bought it vs. potentially in a week or two from placing your order now at the new price. If you bought Halo Reach Legendary Edition at launch price however you have every right to feel bad.

game's really fun + it does have a lot of good tracks, was well worth it at $49.99 + the travel case. I had it playing in the background on party mode during a get together...was a hit (no pun intended). I'd buy this again if I didn't already have 2 turn tables and a microphone.

Damn, the Xbox 360 version is $57.99. I guess I'll just have to get it from GameStop. I was really hoping I could avoid giving them money.

EDIT: Nevermind, I should've looked harder.

So stand-alone software is about $28 now. Anyone think it will go cheaper? I don't need/want a second controller, so the bundle is no-go for me.

[quote name='100xp']don't feel bad, just think that you were playing it when you bought it vs. potentially in a week or two from placing your order now at the new price. If you bought Halo Reach Legendary Edition at launch price however you have every right to feel bad.

game's really fun + it does have a lot of good tracks, was well worth it at $49.99 + the travel case. I had it playing in the background on party mode during a get together...was a hit (no pun intended). I'd buy this again if I didn't already have 2 turn tables and a microphone.[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there. (whether intentional or not :))

Came home and thought about it... Went ahead and picked it up.... Darn you CAG!

Now to find the soundtrack.

Now I have to find my other turntable!

Is the turntable in DJ Hero 2 any different from the one from DJ Hero 1?

I bought the bundle for the first game, and I actually like it a lot more than the usual GH/RB stuff, but one issue I had was with the slider.
It never seemed to "catch" onto the centre very well, so I often over-slid it to the left or right during those really frantic moments.

I was gonna just get just the game for DJ Hero 2, but if the turntable is an improvement on the first, I guess I'd jump on this right away.

Thanks OP! I was about to pass up GS deal since I had to pay tax + drive up, but amazon just doesn't want me to close my wallet.

This wasn't really on my radar, but my brother had interest in the first one. Can the songs from the first game be exported to the second?

[quote name='Wario64']is x360 version sold out? it's being sold by someone else at $58[/QUOTE]
Seems that way. I had to get mine from the New & Used section and it looks like I got the last one. But GameStop still has it for the same price:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/dj-hero-2-turntable-bundle/78059

And I don't know what it is, but there's a code currently available for free shipping. You'll still have to pay tax, though.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Seems that way. I had to get mine from the New & Used section and it looks like I got the last one. But GameStop still has it for the same price:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/dj-hero-2-turntable-bundle/78059

And I don't know what it is, but there's a code currently available for free shipping. You'll still have to pay tax, though.[/QUOTE]

I still see it in the More Buying Choices sidebar and in the Used & New section. It's now at "ships within 2-3 weeks" status, but it's still there.

ordered, hope my ordered won't get cancelled since its in backorder and will be shipped in 2-3 weeks, i can wait

The 360 Party Bundle (two turntables, mic, game) is still at $63.96 as of this post (reg price $130).

Sorry, can't post link since this is my first post.

Actually had second thoughts about my purchase of the party bundle, went to cancel and it was already being prepared for shipment and couldn't be canceled. Oh well...here we go!

Grabbed a bundle. Was thinking about getting one at GS when they went on sale, but was too lazy to get to my local store. $30 with 2 day shipping works for me :)

bread's done
Back