DJ Hero $70 Toys R Us Online (PS3/360/Wii)

The PS2 version is $80... WTF

I got my copy for $45 thanks to being an employee of GameStop... no hateful comments please.

according to the great things i've heard about this experience, $70 seems like a very good price. at the same time, it's only $10 more than a new game at msrp yet i want to wait until i can find it at $50.

I saw this for $69.99 at my local tru store (xbox 360 and ps3 versions) so it's not only online but in store as well. prices should be the same but you can call to verify.

[quote name='oasisboy']The PS2 version is $80... WTF

I got my copy for $45 thanks to being an employee of GameStop... no hateful comments please.[/QUOTE]
Employee of what! O_O

I kid, your a CAG first so you are loved here lol. I don't think anyone actually "hates" Gamestop and wants them to burn ,they just don't wanna shop there. Gamestop pissed me off multiple times and I stopped going but if they have a crazy sale I'll be there quick fast. :shock:

On a side note....... Dear Amazon, please price match so I can get my Prime/promo cred on........

Dear Amazon, I sympathize with the previous posters and wish you would price match this so that I may give you 69.99 . Thank you.

- Faithful amazon shopper / CAG

How does price matching work anyway? Does Amazon see it and decide if it's worth it or do customer's harass them? I'm totally willing to get my harass on! lol

[quote name='USB Cable']How does price matching work anyway? Does Amazon see it and decide if it's worth it or do customer's harass them? I'm totally willing to get my harass on! lol[/QUOTE]

The last few months, it just seems like they pick up and pricematch deals from the bigger competitors. I don't think people are flooding them with it; they just seem to be on top of their game.

I'd be happy if they pricematched this as well. I prolly *shouldn't* be spending $70, but I most likely would...

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Also have to WTF at the PS2 version being $80 - that's the version I want to pick up, too![/QUOTE]

Saw it on clearance at Target. You might try there! (they had around 4 copies at or below 65$ I believe) ... PS2 only, though! :(

[quote name='Rig']I'd be happy if they pricematched this as well. I prolly *shouldn't* be spending $70, but I most likely would...[/QUOTE]

This. If Amazon price matches, I will finally pull the trigger. I've been wanting this game since the damn MLB playoffs last year when they ran all the commercials and promos for it. $70 and Amazon credit to burn will get it done.

Hell, Amazon already has it for $90. Couldn't kill them to drop it the rest of the way for the match.

I picked it up for $120 and loved every minute of it. Don't really have any complaints about the game. Just wish there was more DLC now.

[quote name='Shan82']Saw it on clearance at Target. You might try there! (they had around 4 copies at or below 65$ I believe) ... PS2 only, though! :( [/QUOTE]Thanks for the heads-up... My local Target is usually pretty terrible about having anything good but I'll give it a shot.

stores only price match for a price now, no longer for deals with a free game, bonus item or gift card so those good shopping days or over now. alot of stuff sucks nowadays and there really aren't many deals as we all know the games are overpriced so we play the waiting game. heck, for $70 i'll ship you my dj hero if you want. I played it for 15 minutes and never touched it again still like new in the box (xbox 360 version)..i'll even throw in some batteries free lol

If I come back and it's sold out because I waited for Amazon, I just might cry lol. If anyone see's that they matched it please PM me so I can get a email and buy it. I'll repay you with a picture of a door. :)

This deal is available in store as well. It was in their Sunday circular. I have a $10 giftcard so I think I will pick up a copy.

Will this price stay at $70 even after 2/6? because that's what it says on TRU's weekly ad, saying its going thru 2/6

[quote name='dizdaz']Will this price stay at $70 even after 2/6? because that's what it says on TRU's weekly ad, saying its going thru 2/6[/QUOTE]

i saw this today and thought about getting it but passed [ for now, really tempted and might pick up tomorrow after doing errands ]

there also was a sign what was quoted above, so i'm assuming the price would go back up.

still thinking about grabbing this. do they still release DLC for it? i've only heard of a couple releases so far and it's been out for months.

Shot an email to Amazon about Toys R Us having this for a better price and saying that I've always known Amazon to be very competitive in offering the best prices. Despite my efforts, I got the following canned response:

Hello,

Amazon doesn’t offer a price match guarantee. We do spend considerable effort to ensure our prices are the lowest in the marketplace at any time. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you’ll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Maybe they'll decide to match it in another day or so, but it doesn't look too promising. :cry:

bread's done
Back