DJ Hero Gen. Discussion - Get your Daft Punk masks ready!

[quote name='Zoglog']Shame this game isn't selling well.

Game is a pretty decent challenge in hard mode and very refreshing :D.... As a beatmania IIDX fan I must say Konami you fail.

too bad it's a pity that the game doesnt seem to be selling well.[/QUOTE]
Where does one obtain sales numbers on day 3?

But the other one has a lot more posts & views/day. It would be kind of dumb to move the more popular one. Another one would just pop up in its place.

Just picked this up and it is a lot of fun. With the number of games coming out I probably should have waited for this to go down in price but if you like music, you will like this game.

[quote name='pete5883']Where does one obtain sales numbers on day 3?[/QUOTE]

wow Nanny much?

goin off rough amazon rankings and general reports.

Btw Amazon's dropped the Renegade edition by $1 lols...

For those who Pre-ordered from Amazon.com:

Has anyone received their $10 credit from Amazon.com for pre-ordering it from them?

Liking the game a lot after picking it up last night. The blue button is hard to scratch on (it's a little "weighty") and some of the songs are just awful but when it clicks it really works well. Just unlocked Daft Punk.

I hit a wall after 3hrs of play but i've been doing nothing but expert mode and i haven't played songs a 2nd time yet. I need to 4 star songs to unlock more mixes :cry:. But the game is awesome! Lets share some tips....

CROSSFADER
- Don't go all the way to the Left or all the way to the Right for crossfader spikes
- You don't ever have to be locked in to the center position. The center is more lke a notification to me that i am on the other side.
- You don't have to move the crossfader to dead center, far left, or far right. The Crossfader sensitivity is like this...

LLLLLCCCCCRRRRR (this is how it actually is)
LL-----C-----RR (when people 1st play they think its like this)

SCRATCHING

- Keep a finger pressed along the side of the scratch. I use buttons on the right config and have my pinky finger out there. Scratching blue notes is not an issue at all since the pinky helps you go UP and DOWN. Sometimes i have two fingers along the side of the scratch.
- Make small scratches
- You don't have to hold the button on directional scratch sequences. You can tap UP+note or DOWN+note. Very handy when you have to do multiple UPs or DOWNs in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Japakneez']I hit a wall after 3hrs of play but i've been doing nothing but expert mode and i haven't played songs a 2nd time yet. I need to 4 star songs to unlock more mixes :cry:. But the game is awesome! Lets share some tips....

CROSSFADER
- Don't go all the way to the Left or all the way to the Right for crossfader spikes
- You don't ever have to be locked in to the center position. The center is more lke a notification to me that i am on the other side.
- You don't have to move the crossfader to dead center, far left, or far right. The Crossfader sensitivity is like this...

LLLLLCCCCCRRRRR (this is how it actually is)
LL-----C-----RR (when people 1st play they think its like this)

SCRATCHING

- Keep a finger pressed along the side of the scratch. I use buttons on the right config and have my pinky finger out there. Scratching blue notes is not an issue at all since the pinky helps you go UP and DOWN. Sometimes i have two fingers along the side of the scratch.
- Make small scratches
- You don't have to hold the button on directional scratch sequences. You can tap UP+note or DOWN+note. Very handy when you have to do multiple UPs or DOWNs in a row.[/QUOTE]

If you hit a wall, just turn it in difficulty. hard is the same as expert, except less directional specificity in the scratches. (which makes the scratch perverts songs much easier :))

def gonna be harder to get people to be interested in than guitar hero simply due to the new complexities, which strangely enough is what makes the game much more fun than played out guitar games.

I mean really guitar hero is just a rehash of guitar freaks from over a decade ago with 2 more buttons. Glad they didn't just try to rehash beatmania for this game.

Got the Renegade from Amazon on release day using a 50% off coupon.

I went through the whole game this weekend with my brother in law and absolutely love it. The only odd thing is we both bounced in and out of hard mode due to some really killer piece (Daft Punk Megamix, Scratch Perverts, etc.).

It is such a refreshing game and I REALLY wish the DLC were cheaper as I would buy much more of it than I ever did Rock Band.

The only thing I can say is that there didn't seem to be as much variety even within the genres DJ's are usually stuck. There were way more mash up style stuff with popular music rather than house, techno, or ambient.

I don't even like most house but I found playing the few house pieces really fun and refreshing and wish there were more.

Finally, it was a bummer the source music wasn't more evenly distributed. There was one Eminem song and yet he was pitchman for the game? DJ Tiesto had only one piece? Yet Rhianna and Tupac are all over the first half and show up later to party too.

Still, I thought the overall experience was great and liked a lot of the ways they handled the design. No failing was great, the star system was cool, and unlocks were handled pretty well also.

I really like this game, but I'm glad I waited. Seems this thing is dropping fast as most projected. Congrats to the CAGS that snagged this with their 50% Amazon coupon. I'm holding out until it reaches $80 (or pick up the Wii version for $59 from GS).

I think the extra 40 points for the DLC might be an attempt to try and "recoup" some revenue. I wouldn't expect a drop on DJH DLC anytime in the near future.

Hopefully all the "Little Timmy's" of the world want this for Xmas and sales pick up so we can get more DLC on a frequent basis (and not 480 MS Points).

what is this 50% coupon lol....

anecdotally in my office a few casual gamers have picked up this game, so it's getting a decent spread, who knows it might take off like guitar hero eventually

Just played it at Best Buy, so fun. I almost bought it right there. What I'm trying to do, is buy it either used or rent the actual game (so I can return it) and purchase the gear at Best Buy (so I can return it w/ unopened game), but I can't find the game separately and the GS employees laugh when I ask.

Just want to try it out on my setup and see if I want to keep it after a week.

man, not many people playing on the ps3 at all......... or maybe they're just not connected online.

Finished all the hard on 5 stars except noisia and herbie hancock... man those are vicious.... don't even want to think about those on expert.

Movin onto expert now and it's pretty tough getting 5 stars on some stuff. Getting those directions on scratches can be pretty hard as it moves fast.

I have it on PS3 but well, I just don't like to play online with music games.

Fresh little game. I expect DLC to be few and far between. :(

Played a lot of hard and expert yesterday. It's pretty crazy on the scratch-heavy tracks and I can't keep up with the individual scratch motions yet.
And I have the soundtrack on my computer, which is awesome

There are some sick scores online now. It seems like beatmania and expert-level guitar hero players picked up expert mode very quickly. Getting 5-stars is just the beginning as well. The scores online are way beyond just 5-staring songs :bouncy:

I bumped myself down to Normal just so i can unlock everything. The game is still very enjoyable...it doesn't feel like its missing much at all. Very nice!

[quote name='Japakneez']There are some sick scores online now. It seems like beatmania and expert-level guitar hero players picked up expert mode very quickly. Getting 5-stars is just the beginning as well. The scores online are way beyond just 5-staring songs :bouncy:

I bumped myself down to Normal just so i can unlock everything. The game is still very enjoyable...it doesn't feel like its missing much at all. Very nice![/QUOTE]

Indeed, Though IIDX skills don't really carry over for this. Only helps as long as general timing skills.

[quote name='dallow']I expect DLC to be few and far between. :([/QUOTE]

which blows as you would have to go out of your way to not be able to find people who would like their songs in a game like this. They need to stop thinking of just Vs songs and upload actual songs for $2 a pop. Two download packs with 2 songs a piece in the first month that the game is released is pathetic

nice, now go join us on the PS3 board ;)

woohoo, finally got the trophy for getting 5 stars on all hard.... expert seems impossible for getting all 5 stars... esp for nosia... I still can't get the last part of that on hard o_O

I want this game bad :|. lol
Any discounts on this game? I know you guys are the pros at discounts.

Interesting, somone who exported out the songs from the disk noticed that there are some songs on the disc that were not in the game or mentioned anywhere

I also found three tracks that are not in the game and are not mentioned anywhere online as being in the game. These are:

Ludacris vs. RHCP - Ludakiss (this is how the .xml tracklist file in the game referred to this track, so this is what I named it)

Aceyalone vs. unknown artist - Lost Your Mind vs. unknown song (the name "Bob" was used as the other artist, but that obviously wasn't sufficient to come to any conclusion about who that is)

Bliss n Eso vs. unknown artist - Party At My Place vs. unknown song (no information in the xml about this track)

[quote name='Zoglog']Interesting, somone who exported out the songs from the disk noticed that there are some songs on the disc that were not in the game or mentioned anywhere[/QUOTE]

Are there real audio tracks for the ghost songs that are unplayable? or are they just place holders or references in the code?

Realistic explanation: they created the mixes, but the licensing didn't work out in the end and they couldn't include them. They might later acquire the proper licensing and allow the tracks to be played via patch or DLC.
Cynical explanation that will no doubt prove to be more popular: OMG Activision is selling DLC already on the disk KILL THEM

they're real audio tracks.

Wow this ludacris one w/ RHCP's Suck my kiss is pretty good.

Quite interesting, maybe they'll eventually throw out some "free dlc" to unlock these songs.

anyone have a rip of the full tracks available for dl? something like a soundtrack I suppose. there are some good mixes in the game and i'd like to have them

[quote name='intoxicated662']anyone have a rip of the full tracks available for dl? something like a soundtrack I suppose. there are some good mixes in the game and i'd like to have them[/QUOTE]

They soundtrack is out there on the internet in places that I can't post here. Just put "dj hero soundtrack" into google and its about the 3rd auto fill option.

Can you play DJ Hero with a guitar only? I know there is a DJ vs Guitar mode but can you play with just a guitar? I hate the DJ but love the tracks. Thanks!

[quote name='Tony208']Can you play DJ Hero with a guitar only? I know there is a DJ vs Guitar mode but can you play with just a guitar? I hate the DJ but love the tracks. Thanks![/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly, there's only 10 tracks or so that support the Guitar mode.

bread's done
Back