DJ Hero - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out 10.27.09

They haven't said if the dlc will work or not (and if they have I've missed it}. But I'm sure they would have been saying it quite a bit if it were going to work to build that up as a feature, so I'm guessing it won't work. I'd love to be wrong as I've bought all the dlc so far and really enjoy it.

The more I play the demo the more I don't like the new freestyle stuff, I just wish it was the same standard dj hero with new mixes and maybe the new game modes.

[quote name='KingDox']I wasn't impressed by the DJ hero 2 demo at all. All them seem to have added were a few different ways to hit the buttons. Hitting buttons in different ways doesn't make the game more fun or more like DJing at all.

I have no idea why they didn't roll out dual decks for a single player. I mean I know its possible. Rocking a four deck setup in a real mock DJ battle would have gone very far in my telling folks to pick this up. But as it is I think I'll wait for the inevitable dramatic price drop like the first game ran int.[/QUOTE]

I just don't think it would be worth their time to integrate that into gameplay. It would essentially be a mode of its own, and I don't think many people would play it since ti would be limited to people who own at least 2 turntable controllers (I do, but many don't) and would appeal mostly to those who have real DJ experience (I don't).

Honestly, while I am new to the game, I tend to be pretty good at rhythm games in general, and this one is tough for me on the one deck. I'd probably shit my pants trying to play 2 decks on Medium.

Well considering they are dumping stand alone turn tables for 20 bucks I would think Activision would want to give people a reason to buy another controller. I mean, the whole point of the new VS modes to play with two decks. So they must figure you have two controllers at your house.

Look at RB3 they are including Pro Guitar mode. How many people are going to use that? Not many but they put it in to help justify you re-buying pretty much the same game.

I just had hope ever since I saw how the controller could allow 2 decks to be hooked up to one mixer. I figured for sure we'd see something like Crackin DJ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibKTbn_z4II)
in DJ hero 2. But it looks like that isn't the case.

Well considering they are dumping stand alone turn tables for 20 bucks I would think Activision would want to give people a reason to buy another controller. I mean, the whole point of the new VS modes to play with two decks. So they must figure you have two controllers at your house.

Look at RB3 they are including Pro Guitar mode. How many people are going to use that? Not many but they put it in to help justify you re-buying pretty much the same game.

I just had hope ever since I saw how the controller could allow 2 decks to be hooked up to one mixer. I figured for sure we'd see something like Crackin DJ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibKTbn_z4II) in DJ hero 2. But it looks like that isn't the case.

http://theherofeed.com/1224/dj-hero-2-dlc-announced-for-november/

On November 2nd, “The Hit Makers Mix Pack” containing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eau5vei2u8&feature=sub

Usher ft. will.i.am – “OMG” (Remix by FSG)
Rihanna ft. JAY-Z – “Umbrella” Mixed With Marvin Gaye – “Let’s Get It On”
Big Boi & Cutty – “Shutterbug” Mixed With Mark Morrison – “Return of the Mack”

On November 16th, “Electro Hits Mix Pack” containing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsaDixA3Nos&feature=sub

LMFAO – “I’m In Miami Trick” Mixed With Green Velvet – “Shake & Pop”
Steve Aoki ft. [[[Zuper Blahq]]] – “I’m In The House” (Remix by FSG)
SMD – “Hustler” Mixed With Technotronic – “Pump Up The Jam”

Additionally to this will be a free compatibility update enabling gamers to purchase and play existing downloadable content from DJ Hero in DJ Hero 2 including mixes featuring music from JAY-Z, Eminem, David Guetta, Lady Gaga, Pussycat Dolls and many others. The exact date of the compatibility update has not been shown as of yet though.

anyone wants to do some multiplayer in dj hero 2 send me a friend inv, always looking for people that want to play online
gt the red worm

Really excited about getting this tomorrow! I have a local friend who is getting the game too so I'll be trying out the multiplayer. But feel free to add me as well if anyone wants to play online. Gamertag: kburns10

I need to buy a new turntable because my first one crapped out on me. Now I only have one working one. I'll send you a request on XBL Red Worm.

I'm just doing it on medium to get a feel for the mixes right now, not a lot of people have done all the mixes so that top 5 will drop soon but I'll take what I can get. :)

I want to get this, I loved the 1st game, but I think I'm going to have to wait for a price drop. I have too damn many games to play right now.

I knew the freestyle stuff was going to turn this game on it's side, but until I dug into the full game I really had no idea. I can't believe the leaps and bounds DJ Hero 2 makes over the first game. Presentation, style, user interface, online options, all on top of the freestyle change ups and this is maybe the best improvement I've ever seen from one iteration of a game to the next. (And I LOVED DJ Hero 1!) So amazing.

[quote name='Superfro33']I knew the freestyle stuff was going to turn this game on it's side, but until I dug into the full game I really had no idea. I can't believe the leaps and bounds DJ Hero 2 makes over the first game. Presentation, style, user interface, online options, all on top of the freestyle change ups and this is maybe the best improvement I've ever seen from one iteration of a game to the next. (And I LOVED DJ Hero 1!) So amazing.[/QUOTE]

Actually I personally feel the freestyle sections take away from the game. Some songs are just littered with it, making multiplayer boring at time while you wait for the leader to jam out the sections (non battle songs).

[quote name='Superfro33']I knew the freestyle stuff was going to turn this game on it's side, but until I dug into the full game I really had no idea. I can't believe the leaps and bounds DJ Hero 2 makes over the first game. Presentation, style, user interface, online options, all on top of the freestyle change ups and this is maybe the best improvement I've ever seen from one iteration of a game to the next. (And I LOVED DJ Hero 1!) So amazing.[/QUOTE]

Damn. This is what I'm hoping I wouldn't hear. I must own this now... I'm about 90% through DJ Hero right now, so hopefully I can make do for a few more weeks until this hits the first sale of the holiday season.

[quote name='lordopus99']Actually I personally feel the freestyle sections take away from the game. Some songs are just littered with it, making multiplayer boring at time while you wait for the leader to jam out the sections (non battle songs).[/QUOTE]

I can see that argument on the online VS front, but in single player and local vs. I strongly disagree. I think it enhances the single player experience exponentially. I love the freedom and the ability to do different stuff each time around. For local VS. there's nothing like locking out the guy next to you and watching them fumble around for nothing. :) Then you add in the rewind and the fact that getting stopped dead in your tracks is so jarring in that game that it throws you completely off. I found it to be a ton of fun.

I like the FS sampling much more now and the crossfading, but the scratching just doesn't feel that responsive unless it's a very long section.

still always looking for people to play online with or just friends who have it (I love when you are playing a mix that a friend has done it shows you on the star chart when you've passed their score)

small patch today, don't know if it fixed the 100 friend lockup glitch

what I did notice is I see all my dlc in quickplay, it's greyed out and I can't play it yet but looks like some groundwork was laid to get the old dlc working with the new game

I love when a friend barely beats a score of mine and it shows up on the hero feed. Going back and then killing my old score is my new addiction.

Is there any way to get matched with people playing the same difficulty online? I want to play expert, but in most of the game modes, I have to play 10x as hard, only to get edged out 'cause the other guy is playing on medium and I walk away with just 2 DJP :(

dlc for December details released

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=533702

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Nov. 30, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Hailed in the press as "music game of the year"* and "the freshest thing in rhythm gaming,"** living room legends and singing sensations who have already picked up DJ Hero® 2 can soon expand the "the best soundtrack of any music game"*** with three new exclusive downloadable Mix Packs, Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced.
Available beginning today and including tracks from the legendary Beastie Boys and electronic dance music superstars The Prodigy, the Hard Edge Mix Pack will bring pulse pounding beats to virtual DJs everywhere with:
Hard Edge Mix Pack (available starting today, November 30):
Pixies - "Debaser" Mixed With The Prodigy — "Invaders Must Die"
Beastie Boys — "Body Movin'" Mixed With Lenny Kravitz "Rock And Roll Is Dead"

Taking it back to the old school, for all the old fools, who are so cool; if you want to get down, the Old Skool Mix Pack will show you the way. Available on December 14, 2010 the Old Skool Mix Pack will include:
Old Skool Mix Pack (available December 14):
Fat Boys — "Human Beat Box" Mixed With Mantronix — "King of the Beats"
Tag Team — "Whoomp! (There It Is)" Mixed With 45 King— "The 900 Number"
Beastie Boys — "Triple Trouble" Mixed With Tone-Loc — "Funky Cold Medina"

No strangers to the remix realm, having collaborated on crossover tracks with everyone from hip-hop icon JAY-Z to world-renowned DJ Hero remixer and consultant Z-Trip, three Linkin Park hits will receive the exclusive DJ Hero remix treatment as downloadable content for DJ Hero 2, including a mashup of "When They Come For Me" by legendary turntablist, producer and DJ Hero alumni, Diplo.
Linkin Park Mix Pack (available December 21):
Linkin Park — "The Catalyst (Does It Offend You, Yeah? Remix)" (Remix by FSG)
Linkin Park — "When They Come For Me" (Diplo Remix)
Linkin Park — "Pts.of.Athrty"(Remix by FSG)

All Mix Packs will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Hard Edge Mix Pack for 480 Microsoft Points and the Old Skool and Linkin Park Mix Packs for 640 Microsoft Points; and on the PlayStation®Store for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Hard Edge Mix Pack for $5.99 and the Old Skool and Linkin Park Mix Packs for $7.99 . All mixes will be released as downloadable singles for Wii™ for 300 Wii Points™.

right now in the xbox marketplace the first dlc is coming up as the wrong price of 640 points (should be 480 points), I have contacted activision tech support on twitter and they are looking into it right now

here is a quick video of today's dlc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRfol5jK0zs

Thinking of picking this game up for the first time. Is the turntable from DJ Hero 2 better than the first one? Or is it the same exact hardware placed in a different bundle? First-gen music peripherals don't have a great track record, so I wanted to check before buying.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Thinking of picking this game up for the first time. Is the turntable from DJ Hero 2 better than the first one? Or is it the same exact hardware placed in a different bundle? First-gen music peripherals don't have a great track record, so I wanted to check before buying.[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell between the two I own (one from DJ Hero 1 Bundle and the other from DJ Hero 2 Bundle), they are the exact same turntable.

Aight thanks for the feedback. $48 for the DJH2 game + turntable on Amazon looks pretty good, but if I happen to come across the first one on clearance somewhere then I won't turn it down.

I'm sad that DJ Hero might be affected in the fallout from Activision pulling out of the music genre business. Freestyle Games got hit with layoffs if I read correctly so I guess we'll see what happens.

Well I actually came across a DJ Hero 1 bundle for $28 at Best Buy tonight. The timing couldn't have been better! Thanks to the posters who reassured me about the peripheral quality for the first game. Now it's time to start loading up on DLC. I'll be trying to get a PS3 gameshare group together for all the DLC if anyone's interested.

Curious about multiplayer. Do both games have it, or just the second one? Is the 2-player mode worthwhile or did it seem like an afterthought? Also I heard there's some mode that uses a guitar controller, what's that like?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Curious about multiplayer. Do both games have it, or just the second one? Is the 2-player mode worthwhile or did it seem like an afterthought? Also I heard there's some mode that uses a guitar controller, what's that like?[/QUOTE]

djh1 has 2 player guitar/dj mode and it's crap pretty much

2 player dj vs dj is available in both, the multiplayer in 2 is much better as there are many more options on how you play

cool thanks. Okay sorry for all the questions but I've got one more. Is there a final batch of DLC on the way for later this month? I tried googling this but I couldn't find anything about it. I've seen references to February DLC but I wasn't sure if that was only referring to Guitar Hero. Anyway I wanna know so I can figure out the price for the PS3 share group I'm setting up for all the DLC.

Thanks!

Just started playing the first game tonight and I'm loving it! What's this "retail cheat" business? Is it just a shortcut to something I can unlock in the game through conventional means? I got this insert that says something about a Daft Punk venue. I'd rather earn it through normal gameplay if that's an option though.

Best Buy was actually giving away free turntable controllers with DJ Hero 1 shortly before the sequel was released. I got the game bundle + extra turntable for less than $40 back then. I really like the game, but it's quite difficult for me. It seems like I suck at music games unless I'm playing guitar, bass, or I'm singing. But if you want to try out the online sometime, I'd be interested, though I can't say when.

bread's done
Back