DJ Hero Renegade Edition (360) $139.78 After Coupon - Amazon DotD

For the first few seconds it wasn't giving the price for some reason. None the less i think most of us have passed on this 'deal'

[quote name='billymagnum']it says $149.78
its usually $180 no?
[/QUOTE]
List Price: $199.99 Yesterday's Price: $179.77 Today's Discount: - $29.99
Gold Box Price: $149.78 (25% off)

[quote name='aznboovie']List Price: $199.99 Yesterday's Price: $179.77 Today's Discount: - $29.99
Gold Box Price: $149.78 (25% off)[/QUOTE]

The price didn't show up for 12 minutes. It only said "coming soon". The price in search results said $179.77, while clicking on the 360 version showed a price of $149.78, thus the initial (and legitimate) confusion.

[quote name='mhnajjar']Now the difference between the this and the regular 360 version is $90!!!!

Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Wha? $90? The regular edition goes for $120 retail. Definitely not a $90 difference.

Anyways, I don't really think it's worth it. It comes with some Jay-Z / Eminem CD (woohoo.) and a stand for the turntable. From what I've heard the stand is very convenient, but I think having more money is even more convenient for me.

DJHERO10 coupon gives an additional $10 off.

Personally I am still waiting for a better deal on the standard one.

Renegade Edition Featuring Jay-Z and Eminem...lol. I'm still trying to figure out why a "DJ" game is featuring two non-DJ rappers, both of which suck. This should have been the DJ Jazzy Jeff Edition. At any rate, no doubt this has sold horrible and even at 140 it's still horribly overpriced. By next spring these will probably be in stores like Big Lots for 29.99.

dammit, I had an ECA code still saved in my account, I had been checking periodically to see if it still showed up each week (specifically to use when the renegade edition dropped), and now its not showing up anymore! Anyone think I have a chance in hell at amazon doing something about it...?

EDIT: Also, just to verify, is every one seeing this (when also using the $10 off):
Items: $149.78
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
Reward Applied: -$0.00

EDIT 2: Contacted amazon. The customer service rep I spoke to did not understand what the ECA codes were, and kept getting what I was asking about confused with the DJ Hero 10 Off code. I gave em the code I think was saved on my account, and they said it expired last week, Nov. 16th. They also said that the code said it was 10 off, not 10% off. So ya, I guess the ECA codes are definitely gone now.... =(

EDIT 3: fuck, I added my $40 credit from the 80get40 deal, and now DJHERO10 wont apply!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EarthBoundX5']
EDIT 3: fuck, I added my $40 credit from the 80get40 deal, and now DJHERO10 wont apply!!!![/QUOTE]

really? dammit.. thats what i wanted to do.
$99 for this seemed like an ok price for this

Thank Amazon customer service. I bought this like a week ago at full price using a gaggle of coupon codes and credits from prior deals. I paid $50. Emailed them this AM and they immediately replied and credited me the difference, $50. Yay. God bless Amazon. And no one else.

See my comments about the renegade attached to Shipwreck's excellent review.

If it goes to 120 I say pick it up. It has a great case, the table is cooler IMO, and they throw in a half decent double CD.

At this point though I think it will go to at least 120 after XMAS because there's enough at retailers and no one's gonna buy it.

I believe Best Buy are the only one's stocking renegade though and they are only carrying a few so I doubt they will be giving them away anytime soon.

I really liked playing the demo, but it's gonna take a really, really good price for me to bite on the game. I just hate hollaback girl so much that I have a hard time paying to put myself through that. Three times no less.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I want the Renegade edition, but there's no way I'm paying more than $100 for it.

Yes, I realize how absurd that sounds... but $200 is pretty absurd too. :)

I'm tempted, me of musical interests and an addictive personality. But it will be $140 + tax for me, since I'm in Washington. Thinking I'll wait and look for a better deal later...

I think DJ Hero is the one game in the Hero series that I will buy...

However, the price is still not right for me. It's clear that they produced way too many of these things and it's not selling well. I'll wait.

[Wal-Mart is selling Rockband Special Edition for $50 on black-friday. I suspect DJ Hero will suffer a similar fate.]

Except that Rock Band sold really, really well compared to DJ hero... I bought the original Band Kit when it was $150 and thought it was a decent value. Now Activision expects us to pay $150 for a bundle with a single plastic turntable? :lol:

[quote name='Dalerax']Wha? $90? The regular edition goes for $120 retail. Definitely not a $90 difference.

Anyways, I don't really think it's worth it. It comes with some Jay-Z / Eminem CD (woohoo.) and a stand for the turntable. From what I've heard the stand is very convenient, but I think having more money is even more convenient for me.[/QUOTE]

The regular 360 edition is $99.99 on Amazon and you can get $40 credit toward future purchases from purchasing it which makes the difference between the regular and renegade $90 instead of the usual retail $80 difference.

[quote name='mhnajjar']The regular 360 edition is $99.99 on Amazon and you can get $40 credit toward future purchases from purchasing it which makes the difference between the regular and renegade $90 instead of the usual retail $80 difference.[/QUOTE]

The $99.99 price is from J&R Music, not amazon.com. Thus you wouldn't get the $40 promotional credit and you'd have to pay shipping.

Amazon's price is still at $119.99. I hope you're right at some point this week though and amazon drops it hard.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE'] By next spring these will probably be in stores like Big Lots for 29.99.[/QUOTE]

And the unemployment rate will be 4% :roll:

Amazon customer service is amazing. Bought the 360 version on Sunday for 179.99. Fired off an email today and got back the difference plus $10 for the DJHERO10 code. $140 shipped for Renegade is fantastic!

bread's done
Back