DJ Hero & Turntable $20 / Renegade Ed. $30 @Biglots

xRemnant

CAGiversary!
Hey,

Big lots started stocking in on DJ Hero (1) with turntables for $20 as well as Renegade Edition for $30.

The store I work at in Cherry Hill NJ next to Pathmark and the mall has the Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, and PS2 versions as well as Renegade Edition for Xbox 360 and Wii.

The store in West Deptford NJ has Xbox 360 and PS2 version as well as the Renegade Edition for Xbox 360.

DJ Hero 2 is at Amazon for 25.66 for Xbox 360 and Wii if you want that instead as an alternative.

UPDATE: As various posters have stated below, be sure to check the electronics section first, and if its not there then ask the Customer Service. There is a possibility it may be at the backstock or behind the Customer Service desk.

If that particular store does not have the product you desire, try asking them if they can check if a store within the region has it. Customer Service has the power to check inventory within region, and even call those stores. If you have the SKU number of the item desired, it would make things even easier. Various people below posted SKU numbers for Wii and Xbox 360 Renegade Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ Hero 2 is still only $25 at GameStop though, does anyone have any knowledge on which has the better songs and how much the added features in the second game add?

I think I would be tempted to get the Renegade edition if i found it that cheap.

Purchased the only copy of Renegade Edition for $30.00 at Big Lots. This was for the 360. Thanks OP!

Sorry to bump, but I wanted to chime in to say that I found the Renegade Edition for 360 at a Nashville, TN location (Nolensville Rd). $30 indeed. Took one, one remains. There are two or three of the regular bundles at $20 for PS3 and Wii. The underside of my Renegade box was slightly banged up and scraped, but everything else is pretty nice.

Well, until one of my moron cats decided to pee in the brown cardboard portion of the package. :(

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Sorry to bump, but I wanted to chime in to say that I found the Renegade Edition for 360 at a Nashville, TN location (Nolensville Rd). $30 indeed. Took one, one remains. There are two or three of the regular bundles at $20 for PS3 and Wii. The underside of my Renegade box was slightly banged up and scraped, but everything else is pretty nice.

Well, until one of my moron cats decided to pee in the brown cardboard portion of the package. :([/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha...dumb pu$$y. Seriously though that sucks because cat pee smells really bad.

[quote name='rexflexall']Ha ha ha...dumb pu$$y. Seriously though that sucks because cat pee smells really bad.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I don't think human pee is all that wonderful in the odor department--and cats have much more sensitive noses than humans.

Damn for some reason I thought the Jay-Z/Eminem songs were DLC as well with the renegade edition. Ah well, might pop in to see if they have one for the shinier deck + stand. Thanks for the heads-up!

My local store had two Renegade Ed. for the
iconwii.gif
yesterday; none of the standard ed.

Picked one up even though I already had a DJh1 bundle that I bought last year for $20. Wanted to have two decks and like the collecty-ness of the Renegade set. Now to see if I can unload the extra copy of the software.

If ayone is still trying to find them in-store, check at the c/s desk. My store had them as well as Power Gig behind the counter. Nothing on the show floor. Don't know how they'll sell them if people don't know they have them

[quote name='warreni']To be fair, I don't think human pee is all that wonderful in the odor department--and cats have much more sensitive noses than humans.[/QUOTE]
But cat urine is far more potent, especially compared to a human who eats mild foods and drinks lots of water. Baking soda and vinegar can work wonders on cat urine if you attack it right away, but I don't think there's much that can be done for a cardboard box.

[quote name='ZombieToast']But cat urine is far more potent, especially compared to a human who eats mild foods and drinks lots of water. Baking soda and vinegar can work wonders on cat urine if you attack it right away, but I don't think there's much that can be done for a cardboard box.[/QUOTE]

Yup, already tried... looks like I'm hopeless. Best I can do is put a lot of tissue on both sides when I shove it back in the box :p Or throw it away, but then... man... I don't know. Damn cute demons.

If I were you, I would just throw it away. It's a smell that can transfer to other things quite easily. A cat peed on my bed once without me knowing it, so I wasn't able to clean it in time. I covered the spot with two towels before putting the fitted sheet back, but anything set down on that spot still ended up smelling like cat pee afterwards. They have some evil kidneys.

I originally posted my store received regular edition PS2, Wii, and Xbox 360 versions. Now I can add that we received PS3 version regular as well as the Renegade version of the Wii and Xbox 360.

The store I work at is at Cherry Hill, NJ. Next to Pathmark near the Cherry Hill Mall.
The store at West Deptford also has Renegade edition for the Xbox 360.

[quote name='COLDblood']just checked 2 local BL and no luck... =([/QUOTE]

You tried asking customer service? I do have to admit they tend to be completely clueless about video games but it is worth a shot because like someone earlier said, they do sometimes display them at that section.

These boxes of DJ Hero should be on the electronic department, next to the Boombox / Ipod players / HD TV / Printers. They did arrived last week. Even more arrived this week. They coming from regular shipment trucks. They seem to have started shipping last week. So there is a possibility that your store either haven't received their shipment yet, or the stockroom is just not caught up yet with the merchandise.

They don't have a dedicated person to electronics so don't bother calling asking for that department, if you do call you can try asking them to do an item Inquire to find out where they have the product available if its not in that particular store. It shows the entire district.

I don't have the SKU number of the items on me sadly. I will make an effort to write them down to make things easier for you guys, if the desire is there. I'm guessing only need SKU for renegade edition? If they dedicated enough they might find it by searching DJ hero but they would be more willing if you say you have the SKU number.

[quote name='xRemnant']You tried asking customer service? I do have to admit they tend to be completely clueless about video games but it is worth a shot because like someone earlier said, they do sometimes display them at that section.

These boxes of DJ Hero should be on the electronic department, next to the Boombox / Ipod players / HD TV / Printers. They did arrived last week. Even more arrived this week. They coming from regular shipment trucks. They seem to have started shipping last week. So there is a possibility that your store either haven't received their shipment yet, or the stockroom is just not caught up yet with the merchandise.

They don't have a dedicated person to electronics so don't bother calling asking for that department, if you do call you can try asking them to do an item Inquire to find out where they have the product available if its not in that particular store. It shows the entire district.

I don't have the SKU number of the items on me sadly. I will make an effort to write them down to make things easier for you guys, if the desire is there. I'm guessing only need SKU for renegade edition? If they dedicated enough they might find it by searching DJ hero but they would be more willing if you say you have the SKU number.[/QUOTE]

Agree with what ^ said. Also check at the c/s counter as that's where my store had them stacked.

Also, to help with the SKU, here's the one from my purchase:

iconwii.gif
Renegade Edition $30.00
Anyone who bought the PS3 or 360 should post those SKU

Anybody in Houston looking for them should go to the Jones Rd. & FM 1960 Big lots. I bought one of the 360 Renegade Editions there today, and there were a few left of that and a bunch of the regular editions.

360 Renegade SKU: 550018182

Thanks op!

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Anybody in Houston looking for them should go to the Jones Rd. & FM 1960 Big lots. I bought one of the 360 Renegade Editions there today, and there were a few left of that and a bunch of the regular editions.

360 Renegade SKU: 550018182

Thanks op![/QUOTE]

Ah...here is the thread.

Yes, and there was also availability at the Tomball store (off 249). Had about 5 Xbox Renegades left last night, and regulary ps3/ps2/Wii/Xbox

OP, I think this thread could potentially attract a lot more interest if you'd indicate in the title that the Renegade Edition is $30.

I still hate my beautiful cats.

The add to the "clueless" posts, my BL's actually had a TON of XBox, PS3 and Wii games under the register for the longest time... Thing was they didn't have any displays or anything out on the floor to indicate that they had them.

Found the 360 Renegade Edition @ the BL in Middletown Ny. They had a bunch and even more regular versions. Fantastic deal. My sister paid for it (my bday was last week and she didnt know what to get me), so with the TRU deal a couple of weeks ago I have DJ Hero 1&2, 2 turntables, and a stand for $20!!!!!

[quote name='dark_inchworm']OP, I think this thread could potentially attract a lot more interest if you'd indicate in the title that the Renegade Edition is $30.

I still hate my beautiful cats.[/QUOTE]

I changed it, as you recommended. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the deal. I have yet to buy it myself, I just figured I let everyone know. I want the Renegade Edition for PS3 but have yet to run across it. I might just get the Wii version sooner or later. We been getting more copies of the game so they not too hard to find in my region. This is a new item for the Big Lots stores. Suddenly Big Lots is getting a few post in CAG, I honestly never expected that would happen.

If I run into more good deals, I will surely to let you all know.

There used to be a thread with a girl who worked at BigLots! who updated all the PC software titles that BigLots! stores would be receiving.

I never even saw this at Big Lot's. Going to have to ask at the counter and see what's up. They had some good low priced stuff for the $20 360 offerings. "Just Cause 2", "Kane and Lynch 2: Dead Men" and "Just Cause 2".

Picked up the Renegade edition today and will be looking to hopefully exchange it tomorrow. The box was fine, but the case inside the box was beat to hell. One of the corners was dented so bad, the metal had cracked and caused a sharp edge. Sounds like most everyone else has had good luck though, so I hope the other copy they still had isn't as bad.

Thanks OP, picked one up today for PS3. Awesome deal. Was DJing just now, great fun. Might order part 2 on Amazon now.

Edit: Darn, price is up again.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']OP, I think this thread could potentially attract a lot more interest if you'd indicate in the title that the Renegade Edition is $30.

I still hate my beautiful cats.[/QUOTE]

It should be noted that unless they were older strays or outdoor cats, indoor cats urinating where they aren't supposed to can be a sign of illness and should be checked on!

both gamestop and amazon had DJH2 bundle for 25 last week, i picked one up from amazon and love it, great fun, i believe price has gone back up now though

found two renegade editions for xbox 360 at the Newark, California one (bay area). I got one of them. They had a whole bunch of regular Xbox 360, PS3 and PS2 versions. thanks OP for the heads up on the deal.

Went to a number of big lots today. No PS3 versions found. I talked to a manager who showed me next weeks ad. It list the regular version for all systems. For the renegade version it only list xbox 360 and Wii. It seems some stores have not received or unloaded there shipment yet. He said most should get them by mid week.

I went to a lot of Big Lots in my area. I called the stores before heading out. One store had the regular edition of DJ Hero for the PS2 and PS3; no Renegade. I called one store looking for the 360 version Renegade Edition and a woman told me that she had one for the PS3. I asked if it was long black box and she said "yes". I drove to the store and asked one of the employees if the had one and she said no and she just showed me the regular edition for PS3. I asked her to check their inventory, so she proceeded to call someone that was in the stockroom. The person in the stockroom told her that it was for next week's ad for Memorial Day. I was pissed that I took the time to drive there when she could of told me that over the phone.:whistle2:x I called another store and I got hung up on, another store I spoke to was nice and willing to help me check the other Big Lots. I don't know what's up with Big Lots service. It's like no employees really don't want to help.

Can anyone confirm this ad and anyone know the SKU for the PS3 Renegade Edition? I would really, as well other appreciate it! :)

[quote name='derawk']
Can anyone confirm this ad and anyone know the SKU for the PS3 Renegade Edition? I would really, as well other appreciate it! :)[/QUOTE]

Customer Service in Big Lots seems to be random between stores. Usually they do attempt to help but most of the time are a bit clueless when it comes to Electronics. There is no PS3 Renegade Edition in Big Lots. Only Wii and Xbox 360. Big Lots get very little PS3 games in general, mostly the order of inventory is Wii > Nintendo DS > Xbox 360 > PS2 > PS3. I want the PS3 Renegade edition also, sorry for the bad news.

Awesomenessness. Checking my store tonight, thanks OP.

BTW if you spend $20 or more at Big Lots I recommend signing up for their Buzz Club card. Make 10 $20 purchases in a 12-month period and you earn a 20% discount on a future purchase.

I have searched every BL and cant find the Renegade pack anywhere... I give up!

However as I was walking around one of the store I saw them stocking the shelf's with Power Gig bundles for $40, I only saw them in 360 version.
df6351.png

Scored a :360: Renegade version. Went to three Big Lots and one did not have any renegade versions and no :360: regular versions. The second one had no versions. The third had a standard Wii version behind the customer service counter. As I was waiting to ask about the renegade edition the manager comes up to me and asks how he can help me. He says he has some renegade editions in the back and that he can bring one out for me. As I am paying the manager asks me how I knew about these, told him a friend bought one at another location. He told me that the DJ Heroes are not supposed to be out yet, until this coming Wednesday. And that each store is supposed to get about eight renegade versions for their ad.

Picked up one 360 Renegade edition from the Midlothian VA Big Lots last night. They still had at least one more for the 360, 2 for the Wii and tons of the regular bundles for all platforms. Thanks OP!

Well, crapness. All my BL had was Renegade for Wii, and standard for Wii and PS2. There's another one across town, maybe I'll try it this weekend.

Went to BL in Frisco, Tx yesterday to see if they had any other deals. FWIW, they had 2 Renegades (360) & a couple DJH1 (PS2). I bought mine for around $80 & it was worth it so this is a bargain especially since it comes w/that stand/case!

Finally scored my Renegade bundle... Guess all the stores in my area waited till the ad date.

Stopped at both stores in Vancouver and they had plenty.

bread's done
Back