DJ Hero & Turntable $20 / Renegade Ed. $30 @Biglots

xRemnant

CAGiversary!
Hey,

Big lots started stocking in on DJ Hero (1) with turntables for $20 as well as Renegade Edition for $30.

The store I work at in Cherry Hill NJ next to Pathmark and the mall has the Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, and PS2 versions as well as Renegade Edition for Xbox 360 and Wii.

The store in West Deptford NJ has Xbox 360 and PS2 version as well as the Renegade Edition for Xbox 360.

DJ Hero 2 is at Amazon for 25.66 for Xbox 360 and Wii if you want that instead as an alternative.

UPDATE: As various posters have stated below, be sure to check the electronics section first, and if its not there then ask the Customer Service. There is a possibility it may be at the backstock or behind the Customer Service desk.

If that particular store does not have the product you desire, try asking them if they can check if a store within the region has it. Customer Service has the power to check inventory within region, and even call those stores. If you have the SKU number of the item desired, it would make things even easier. Various people below posted SKU numbers for Wii and Xbox 360 Renegade Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to one of the two Big Lots in Tyler TX and I was able to snag an Xbox 360 Renegade. (I didn't realize how big the box was..WOW). Thanks to the OP for this.

Went down to the Big Lots in West Covina, CA. They had two 360 Renegade editions and a few assorted Regular Editions from what I saw. I got one of the Renegade Editions. One of the feet for the stand was stuck, but it wasn't anything a little WD-40 couldn't handle. Thanks a million OP!!

Thanks, OP. Local store had a a few Renegade editions: 2 x Wii, 1 x 360. Those puppies are big and heavy. Lots of 360 regular bundles.

Just checked two BigLots in SoCal. No Renegade editions on the shelves. Couldn't be assed to ask an employee. Plenty of the normal versions.

Picked up the Renegade Edition in Lexington, KY yesterday. Had two 360 versions left and 1 PS3 when I left.

[quote name='kyguy78']Picked up the Renegade Edition in Lexington, KY yesterday. Had two 360 versions left and 1 PS3 when I left.[/QUOTE]

They actually got PS3 Renegade Edition? Would love to see the SKU # for that one so I can do a District Search.

I guess I'll give it a shot this time. If you go on their website, you can join their little reward club and get a 20% off as someone here mentioned. I'll give it a shot since I can potentially save a few bucks. Would be nice to have two match gold-trim DJ controllers.

The local Best Buy pulled all of the DJ Hero Renegade editions out of their boxes, so there's stacks of DJ Hero bundles in their cases for $29.99 each as a clearance I assume. Might be a worthy alternative but YMMV. Can't remember if the legs fit in the case or not because you might be without legs for your case since the rest of the box is gone. Not sure if you even get the Eminem/Jay-Z CD...

[quote name='xRemnant']They actually got PS3 Renegade Edition? Would love to see the SKU # for that one so I can do a District Search.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to search Big Lots inventory? Or are you an employee?

[quote name='kodave']Is there a way to search Big Lots inventory? Or are you an employee?[/QUOTE]

There is a way but only customer service employee can do it. If you have the SKU number you could request a district search. I know my store almost always comply with the customer, if you want better chances then request it on a slow day (Monday-Thursday)

I forgot about printing out my rewards card, but they can look up your info through your e-mail. Unfortunately I got no 20% discount, or I'm thinking you don't get it with your first purchase?

Anywho, picked up a Renegade Edition. They had a few Xbox 360 versions only. They had regular DJ bundles for all three consoles except for the Wii which only has one left. This was at the Columbia, MD Big Lots. And if you can't find these at Big Lots, I would go get them if you can find them on clearance at Best Buy. Like I mentioned, one of my Best Buys has stacks of DJ Hero Renegade Edition without the outer box. Opening up my box today, everything is actually in the case, so the Best Buy ones are complete while open.

EDIT: Also, this is worth it for the case alone. At least on Amazon, only third parties are selling it, and it's still closer to $40. The Renegade case might be a bit wider though because the game fits inside. You could probably fit two turntables if you modified the foam just right. It doubles nicely as a desk. Can't use your Guitar Hero or Rock Band instruments like that, now can you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imacgod']I forgot about printing out my rewards card, but they can look up your info through your e-mail. Unfortunately I got no 20% discount, or I'm thinking you don't get it with your first purchase?[/QUOTE]

The Buzz Club Rewards terms state: "If you accumulate 10 Qualifying Purchases in your Program account during an Accumulation Period, you will receive the Discount."

So, yes, per the terms, you don't get a 20% discount with your first (or event 10th) purchase. I'm not sure what dinokill was talking about. Either he already had 10 purchases, got a discount for some other reason, or got lucky with someone who doesn't understand the program.

Still a pretty good deal without 20% off, though.

[quote name='gantt']The Buzz Club Rewards terms state: "If you accumulate 10 Qualifying Purchases in your Program account during an Accumulation Period, you will receive the Discount."

So, yes, per the terms, you don't get a 20% discount with your first (or event 10th) purchase. I'm not sure what dinokill was talking about. Either he already had 10 purchases, got a discount for some other reason, or got lucky with someone who doesn't understand the program.

Still a pretty good deal without 20% off, though.[/QUOTE]

I either read it wrong or was under the impression that signing up yesterday got you 20% off day one. Oh well. You're right, 20% off or not, it's a deal worth jumping on.

I got lucky I went to my big lots and they had plenty of dj hero this time but no renegade so I called another one close just to find out they had one left good day

[quote name='imacgod']I either read it wrong or was under the impression that signing up yesterday got you 20% off day one. Oh well. You're right, 20% off or not, it's a deal worth jumping on.[/QUOTE]

They sometimes have special days where all members get 20% off for the span of three or four hours, which is when people usually rush to sign up. Perhaps you read something about this and thought it was an offer for new members.

bread's done
Back