DJ Hero Turntable Bundle For $49.99 at Toys R Us

Okay, I give. Just printed the coupon on a piece of glossy so the barcode reads fine, printed my $10 RZ certificate, and I'm swinging by TRU on the way home to grab an ad.

Nice price finally on DJ Hero at retail, but I just picked up the Renegade Edition for the 360 on the bay for less than $40 w/shipping and it is almost brand new.

Price matched at BB today. $49.99 -$15.00 BB gift card won from Coke = $34.99. Loving it so far.

My BB did NOT want to PM this, and they're not normally too bad about PMs. I didn't even have any coupons or anything. The guy was really nice about it but sure took a long time to try the PM. He took it to another coworker (couldn't quite see but I think he was the assistant manager) and they had a long discussion in hushed tones. They looked up the price of the game and said "That's way too low", so then they tried to figure out the phone number of the Toys R Us next door. That took them forever (I had just come from there, they had a pile of these for all systems). Then they called TRU and had to hold for an eternity. The guy had them confirm the price 3 times and then finally they caved and gave me the PM.

I know they're sticking to policy, but sheesh, I haven't had a BB PM require a phone call in YEARS and the fact it was like "And you have it? For the PS3? How much? That was $49.99? For the PS3?" made it just obnoxious. I could have walked the guy next door to see the price with his own eyes faster. Not sure if it was worth the RZ points for it. ;)

The guy got off the phone and told the manager "Yeah, it's for real, $49.99 all platforms" and the manager guy rolled his eyes. I have a feeling they may pull DJ Hero from the shelves, the guy did NOT seem amused by the price.

Price-Matched TRU at Best Buy, used my $10 RZ Certificate and the $10 Activision coupon. $34.xx after tax. Not bad, not bad at all.

Unfortunately the cashier didn't scan the coupon until after the total so it took $10 off the after-tax price rather than the before price so I was ripped off 80 cents or so.

Thank You CHEAP ASS GAMER!!!

THis is the best site ever!
Not only do I get alerted of sales for games but you also get some random ass coupon from a newspaper to sweeten the deal even more.

Thanks. Just picked it up for $44.xx here in L.A. California.

PS: They not only have these in the normal aisles but they have TONs more behind the counter and in the back. So ask if you dont see the one for your console.

I have a question about DJ Hero itself...

...As far as I can tell, this version doesn't come with a stand. What are you guys using to play it? It seems like you would have to put it on a table or something to play comfortably, but I don't really have anything like that to use. Or maybe I'm just crazy and it comes with a stand?

[quote name='buxton']I have a question about DJ Hero itself...

...As far as I can tell, this version doesn't come with a stand. What are you guys using to play it? It seems like you would have to put it on a table or something to play comfortably, but I don't really have anything like that to use. Or maybe I'm just crazy and it comes with a stand?[/QUOTE]

Only the Renegade Edition comes with the hard case that turns into a stand. You should be ok placing the DJ Hero controller on a coffee table or a solid ottoman, but I think most people said there's no problem just putting the thing in your lap to play.

...As far as I can tell, this version doesn't come with a stand. What are you guys using to play it? It seems like you would have to put it on a table or something to play comfortably, but I don't really have anything like that to use. Or maybe I'm just crazy and it comes with a stand?[/QUOTE]

I just started using it and I put it in my lap. I sit on the floor while I play games though.

This game is really fun, I'm loving the mixes.

fun as hell!! paid 45 at sams a few weeks ago. worth every penny. might get a second this week for the extra turntable

Almost pulled off a price match for the renegade edition at best buy if the loser at toys r us wasn't high. I went to the electronics section at tru and he wasnt sure if they could confirm the price to best buy over the phone if they called. Wtf? the woman at best buy was about to do it too when she saw the add said all dj hero bundles, til she called the crack head. Oh well i got the original and am happy with it

[quote name='yukafls']Almost pulled off a price match for the renegade edition at best buy if the loser at toys r us wasn't high. I went to the electronics section at tru and he wasnt sure if they could confirm the price to best buy over the phone if they called. Wtf? the woman at best buy was about to do it too when she saw the add said all dj hero bundles, til she called the crack head. Oh well i got the original and am happy with it[/QUOTE]

So you are mad you couldn't scam them?

both coupons worked great dj hero is totally worth $35 incredible mixes!!!!! and i just started the game

[quote name='ZForce915']So you are mad you couldn't scam them?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely lol no im not mad about it but you cant blame a guy for trying.

I was ready to jump on this one for $35 (no tax in NH!) until I found out about the Renegade Edition and checked out the controller on some sites and videos. Ended up getting the RE for $30 on eBay, but I still might pick this up tomorrow morning so I can play it now and then I have a spare turntable for friends.

I listened to the mixes all day at work today and I'm pretty pumped for this.

Okay so I'm having fun with the game.

The first thing I did was calibrate it, but I found it actually responded worse than when I had it set to default.

I do okay on Medium. Typically 4 stars, dipping down to 3 or up to 5 depending on the song. I can't seem to keep a good streak going.

Like Guitar Hero, though, I don't think I'll ever get used to hard.

[quote name='Justin42']My BB did NOT want to PM this, and they're not normally too bad about PMs. I didn't even have any coupons or anything. The guy was really nice about it but sure took a long time to try the PM. He took it to another coworker (couldn't quite see but I think he was the assistant manager) and they had a long discussion in hushed tones. They looked up the price of the game and said "That's way too low", so then they tried to figure out the phone number of the Toys R Us next door. That took them forever (I had just come from there, they had a pile of these for all systems). Then they called TRU and had to hold for an eternity. The guy had them confirm the price 3 times and then finally they caved and gave me the PM.

I know they're sticking to policy, but sheesh, I haven't had a BB PM require a phone call in YEARS and the fact it was like "And you have it? For the PS3? How much? That was $49.99? For the PS3?" made it just obnoxious. I could have walked the guy next door to see the price with his own eyes faster. Not sure if it was worth the RZ points for it. ;)

The guy got off the phone and told the manager "Yeah, it's for real, $49.99 all platforms" and the manager guy rolled his eyes. I have a feeling they may pull DJ Hero from the shelves, the guy did NOT seem amused by the price.[/QUOTE]

That's one of the reasons I stopped going to Best Buy. Its like asking for their organs or something. BB claims they do pricematching, but when you actually want to take advantage of it, there are all these hurdles. And any little thing could lead a salesperson to say the item is not eligible.

I understand that policy is one thing, but jeez, we're not asking for their paycheck. It doesn't cost the employee any of their money. The TRU ad clearly states it, but you still get these less-than-normal-IQ salespeople trying to ruin your day.

[quote name='yukafls']Absolutely lol no im not mad about it but you cant blame a guy for trying.[/QUOTE]

You can when you call the employees names and get all pissy that your scam didn't work.

[quote name='geowong78']That's one of the reasons I stopped going to Best Buy. Its like asking for their organs or something. BB claims they do pricematching, but when you actually want to take advantage of it, there are all these hurdles. And any little thing could lead a salesperson to say the item is not eligible.

I understand that policy is one thing, but jeez, we're not asking for their paycheck. It doesn't cost the employee any of their money. The TRU ad clearly states it, but you still get these less-than-normal-IQ salespeople trying to ruin your day.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe they don't want to lose their jobs in a recession just to hook your crybaby ass up?

I bought a little wood fold-up tray at Wal-Mart for $8.50 last night. Found that playing on my lap wasn't ideal because when I went to reach for the crossfader, my hand was keeping the turntable still on my lap. Kinda hindered my initial play times.

The tray I bought wobbles just slightly, but the turntable stays in place on top.

Damn, this is easily deal of the year. Got DJ Hero price matched through Best Buy adding the $10 manufacture's coupon, while also including my RZ $10 coupon + $10 gift card. Ended up getting it for $25...suffice it to say, the manager wasn't too happy about it.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']Damn, this is easily deal of the year. Got DJ Hero price matched through Best Buy adding the $10 manufacture's coupon, while also including my RZ $10 coupon + $10 gift card. Ended up getting it for $25...suffice it to say, the manager wasn't too happy about it.[/QUOTE]:applause:

I hope you laughed all the way out of the store with DJ Hero in hand. ;)

I hope this doesnt offend anyone, but I really wish this game was worth this price. The song selection is just horrible I enjoyed a few, and the learning curve is a little rough the difference between med and hard is substantial depending on the song. I picked it up for 20. But hey, to each his own :D

To maximumzero (My reply button is acting up on the mobile site.): Yeah, it was rough for me, too. When you have to scratch with the inside button, use your thumb to help out. I found that method to work rather nicely.

Picked up the game with the 10 bucks off coupon. I couldn't find this 5 off though. I searched the counter and asked a couple people who work there. They said if I find it, I can come back and they can give me the 5 back. Can someone provide a scan?

[quote name='Strider Seven']Picked up the game with the 10 bucks off coupon. I couldn't find this 5 off though. I searched the counter and asked a couple people who work there. They said if I find it, I can come back and they can give me the 5 back. Can someone provide a scan?[/QUOTE]

They had some near the registers in the R Zone and at Customer Service when I went. Ask the associates, it's a little TRU coupon booklet. Would assume they're not scannable since i've only seen them in store.

[quote name='maximumzero']Does anyone else find it difficult to turn the turntable while holding the button closest to the center or is it just me?[/QUOTE]
i noticed that too, but it's not a big deal, i just use my pinky on the outer edge to get some additional leverage and i don't go as far back and forth as i do with the green. it shouldn't make a real difference though, because you don't have to go far at all for it to register, so you should be fine. i'm lefty, and i have the buttons on the left side...

[quote name='maximumzero']Does anyone else find it difficult to turn the turntable while holding the button closest to the center or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you're trying to do it or not, but I've always found the best way to scratch it lightly hold the button, then do all of the scratching with your thumb against the edge of the platter (the black part with the silver dots). It's a great grip.

[quote name='geowong78']That's one of the reasons I stopped going to Best Buy. Its like asking for their organs or something. BB claims they do pricematching, but when you actually want to take advantage of it, there are all these hurdles. And any little thing could lead a salesperson to say the item is not eligible.

I understand that policy is one thing, but jeez, we're not asking for their paycheck. It doesn't cost the employee any of their money. The TRU ad clearly states it, but you still get these less-than-normal-IQ salespeople trying to ruin your day.[/QUOTE]
i guess it varies by area than, because the last 6 or so times i PMed at a local BB, not once have they called to verify anything or gave me any type of hard time with anything. today they matched the DJ Hero ad and took the $10 off coupon, both of which were printed in black and white because my color cartridge was out of ink and i haven't had time to replace it, and not once did the person helping me or the manager question me at all...

Also, holy shit, is it just me or is the difficulty jump from "Medium" to "Hard" ridiculous? I have medium more or less down pat, but Hard consistently destroys me.

I can't imagine Expert. Holy shit.

[quote name='maximumzero']Also, holy shit, is it just me or is the difficulty jump from "Medium" to "Hard" ridiculous? I have medium more or less down pat, but Hard consistently destroys me.

I can't imagine Expert. Holy shit.[/QUOTE]

The ridiculous crossfading aside on Expert, just imagine a stream of green that looks like this...

/\
/\
/\
/\
/\
\/
/\
/\
/\
/\
/\

I've 5-starred probably all but about 10 songs on Expert, but the ones that have the rapid-fire forward scratches are impossible as shit.

man I played this at BB
i really liked it

but even $35 seems like its a little steep
if only it was $20 i'd consider picking it up...maybe patience will pay off...i always see a ton of these everywhere maybe they will get really cheap somewhere soon

maybe next month BB will drop the price and put out a coupon for them

THAT WOULD BE EPIC!

[quote name='Interfeci']They had some near the registers in the R Zone and at Customer Service when I went. Ask the associates, it's a little TRU coupon booklet. Would assume they're not scannable since i've only seen them in store.[/QUOTE]

Yea I asked 2 different people when I was there. I might try later. What was the coupon? 5 bucks off something $30 or more or something?

I'm wanting to buy this, but also thinking I really don't need another plastic controller game, with a big controller to take up more space. If I do get it, though, i think I'm going to go the used renegade edition from ebay approach. That controller is suppose to bet better as I understand it, and the used price is only slightly more then even the $35 people are paying for this regular edition (albeit new).

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm wanting to buy this, but also thinking I really don't need another plastic controller game, with a big controller to take up more space. If I do get it, though, i think I'm going to go the used renegade edition from ebay approach. That controller is suppose to bet better as I understand it, and the used price is only slightly more then even the $35 people are paying for this regular edition (albeit new).[/QUOTE]

I just received my DJ Hero Renegade Edition in the mail yesterday from the bay for $32 with shipping. Auction said used with some scratches but it came basically brand new! The only thing that had scratches was the very outer box itself. Opened her up and everything was pristine, nothing was touched. No fingerprints on the controller and the game as well as the bonus cd were still wrapped. The case was intact and complete with no damage and was probably never put together. The silica packs were still inside. I think I lucked out on this one because it was likely never used. I was expecting it to be a bit beat up because of the auction description. Best $32 I ever spent!

I picked up the last xbox 360 version I could find in 2 TRU stores near me. It's a pretty fun game. I'm hoping they keep making more games for the turntable though.

Got a complete Wii set off eBay for $15 today, heh. Should go nice with my two copies of the trial kit for 360.

[quote name='llcooljunr']I'm hoping they keep making more games for the turntable though.[/QUOTE]
Well, there will be DJ Hero 2, at least. And 3, and 4. And probably 30 or 40 DJ Hero sub-games annually, considering it's Activision.

If you mean DJ games from other publishers, I wouldn't be so sure. The other western DJ game on the horizon, Scratch, uses a completely different control setup, so it wouldn't be compatible.

Just got back from TRU in Niles, OH. They wouldn't take the manufacturer's coupon because they said it was fake. The guy claimed he got an e-mail from Activision last week saying not to accept any coupons from them. Same deal at BB, no e-mails but they didn't have the coupon in the system. Got it PMd anyway but not before they complained that I didn't have the whole ad (just the front and back covers) and called to make sure TRU had them in stock. Is there anything good about living in NE Ohio?

Just got this PMd at BB. Wouldn't take the coupon, and gave me a nasty scowl - but did PM. The manager was, unfortunately, a real prick.

bread's done
Back