DJ Hero Turntable Case and Stand $4.99 + tax w/FS at Best Buy

[quote name='pasolini']help me out -- i just got back from being out of town for 2 weeks, so i went to my local BB and they had one case sitting on the shelf, unlatched. The clerk said it was complete, but i'm not 100% sure...
It has the case, which includes a top and bottom that latches together. Inside was a foam insert with a space for the dj hero turntable and game, and four legs (which each include a black plastic rotating foot on the bottom). the box also had 3 packets of the desiccant silica. That's it. No instructions, nothing else. not even a bar code on the outside.
Is this complete or missing something? Do you use the actual case itself as the surface to put the game on when you screw the legs on? For those of you using them as a table or TV tray, are you just putting the lid back on and using the top of that as your flat surface?
None of my four legs are telescoping at present, but i'm going to grab a pair of vice grips and see if I can't yank them out.

p.s. all the clerks were amazed that it rang up 4.99 since there was no UPC code and the bar code in the aisle says 29.99.[/QUOTE]

Everything you got is complete. Its a case/stand for the DJ Hero turntable. Some people got the wireless (ps2/ps3) receiver. The lid has to be closed to be used as a tray. Yes, Im using the case as a labtop/tv tray. The legs should come out by unlocking the black latch. Take a picture of the leg that is not telescoping.

[quote name='The Punisher']Everything you got is complete. Its a case/stand for the DJ Hero turntable. Some people got the wireless (ps2/ps3) receiver. The lid has to be closed to be used as a tray. Yes, Im using the case as a labtop/tv tray. The legs should come out by unlocking the black latch. Take a picture of the leg that is not telescoping.[/QUOTE]

thx. yeah i wasn't expecting the actual turntable or anything - just wanted to make sure there weren't any little pieces that had fallen out. I actually got the DJ Hero game/turntable from GoHastings.com during their 60% off sale for almost nothing.

All four of my legs were stuck (and yes i had the black latches undone), but finally got them unstuck w/ pliers. one was so stuck that it took me and a friend holding on the other end to yank it out. that would have made a comical photo!

[quote name='pasolini']thx. yeah i wasn't expecting the actual turntable or anything - just wanted to make sure there weren't any little pieces that had fallen out. I actually got the DJ Hero game/turntable from GoHastings.com during their 60% off sale for almost nothing.

All four of my legs were stuck (and yes i had the black latches undone), but finally got them unstuck w/ pliers. one was so stuck that it took me and a friend holding on the other end to yank it out. that would have made a comical photo![/QUOTE]

But to have all 4 legs stuck? That's odd. Maybe a product defect? Was there like sticky glue or something? LOL.
I dont even have a DJ Hero game. I think this case is better then the Rocketfish stand that Best Buy sells.

[quote name='The Punisher']But to have all 4 legs stuck? That's odd. Maybe a product defect? Was there like sticky glue or something? LOL.
I dont even have a DJ Hero game. I think this case is better then the Rocketfish stand that Best Buy sells.[/QUOTE]
well, i'm an unlucky person so if anyone was going to get 4 stuck legs, it was me :) though maybe i'm pretty lucky to have found one case left at the store in the first place. This is a smokin' hot deal IMHO
i saw the rocketfish stand at the store too and this one seems more substantial to me. I actually have a few real instruments (digital sampler, keyboards etc) that i could use this with, yet another potential use to consider.

I discovered it's the perfect size to put my music recording stuff on. I've been unable to work because there's no space on my desk to set this up, but now I can use it as an outrigger. Best $5 I've spent on my music ever!

167450_10150156689751164_830861163_8394530_3285546_n.jpg

Chewbacca's Abortion;8042973 said:
Must be. Mine came from a demo unit, so it has a usb cord instead of wireless and it still fits.

imma just go down to my bestbuy tomorrow to get it swapped out and see...one of my legs is also stuck, but I can probably get that out

Dammit. I managed to grab the last one, which was hidden under their display tables. I walk up to the register and it scans as $4.99, but it's marked $29.99. The cashier calls a manager, who then gives me some BS about how it's $5 only after buying it with DJ Hero 2. I ask why it's scanning like that by itself and she waives it off as a computer error. I was in a hurry so I had no time to argue and just left. I'm totally betting one of the employees will buy it up later today.

[quote name='kulaguy']Dammit. I managed to grab the last one, which was hidden under their display tables. I walk up to the register and it scans as $4.99, but it's marked $29.99. The cashier calls a manager, who then gives me some BS about how it's $5 only after buying it with DJ Hero 2. I ask why it's scanning like that by itself and she waives it off as a computer error. I was in a hurry so I had no time to argue and just left. I'm totally betting one of the employees will buy it up later today.[/QUOTE]
Email their customer support, you will almost always get something out of it (probably a $10 giftcard).

[quote name='gxer2002']is there a difference between the cases for each system or are they all the same?[/QUOTE]
universal

[quote name='hellboy74']there are three big piles of these at the 5th and alton rd location in miami beach.
might go pick up a second one.[/QUOTE]

fuck the miami heat :D

I ordered one from the website on 12/30 and was told it was defacto cancelled on 1/4. I dropped by my local BB (Thornton CO, 104th and I-25) and they had no idea what I was looking for. I showed them the item number from the cancellation e-mail on my phone and their inventory said they had 22 in stock. So someone went back and grabbed me two. They were in the plain brown box. They rang up just fine and look brand new.

Thanks OP.

Could someone post a picture of the package that one would find in the store? I went to 2 BB's last weekend and couldn't find it. Asked the clerk there and they looked at me like I was speaking Martian.

Be happy they didn't know. There are two Best Buy stores within 10 min of my house (Rainbow and Lake Mead, Decatur and 215 in Las Vegas). Decatur has had the cases sitting on the floors getting kicked, knocked over, beat up, molested by snot nosed brats etc.

The Rainbow store has had them up in the overstock forever, still sitting in their boxes. I walked in today (thanks op) pointed up to the stacks stashed up above the music section and asked for two. The kid that grabbed them was shocked they were only $5, mentioned he was gonna buy some late xmas gifts for people.

If they haven't unpacked them onto the floor, it's a big, plain, brown rectangular box. Sorry I can't be more descriptive. If I hadn't already grabbed a couple when they were $30, I wouldn't have known what the boxes looked like to point at them today.

I just picked my case up, it was in a sealed box and when I got to the car I saw there was a sticker on the box that said XBox 360 Renegade Edition. I opened up the box right away thinking maybe the game and turntable was included (I wasn't expecting it to be included but with the sticker I thought maybe there was a chance) but it was just the case in perfect condition.

Just got one from the Hazlet, NJ Best Buy. Walked in and asked the guy in the game section, he knew exactly what I was talking about and was very keen to get rid of them! Said he had over 20 in the store and they were taking up space. The one I got is in pretty good shape, a small ding on the outside and the two sides don't fit together perfectly when closed but the legs work fine. Good deal at the price :)

[quote name='thestonedgamer']This happened to me - all I had to do was push the leg all the way in (using the ground for leveredge). Been fine ever since.[/QUOTE]

it's all the way in and I can't pull it out. feels like I'm gonna rip the rubber foot off if I do.

[quote name='eau']Could someone post a picture of the package that one would find in the store? I went to 2 BB's last weekend and couldn't find it. Asked the clerk there and they looked at me like I was speaking Martian.[/QUOTE]

There really isn't a package to it. You're looking for a roughly 24x9x4 black case with aluminum edging. Think of something that a keyboard might go into for a gig bag. Just try asking to see where the stands were for the first DJ Hero controllers and they might understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='solisnk']it's all the way in and I can't pull it out. feels like I'm gonna rip the rubber foot off if I do.[/QUOTE]

Take the one leg back to the store and ask for another one. But if that's not an option...

..the rubber feet come of. Easily. Take out the rubber foot and try a pair of pliers. Be careful not to bend the metal, obviously.

[quote name='coolsteel']Picked up one tonight, didn't have a box or anything but outside of a few scratches it was good to go.[/QUOTE]
Hey can you give me the sku # to this because the guys in the store said there was none and they could not sell them.

Sku: 1364241

You know, I'm surprised that it seems nobody else is finding theirs in boxes. When I picked mine up, they were all in plain brown boxes, except for the display. Maybe a lot of stores figured that nobody would buy something in a generic box but it definitely helped to save these things cuz mine was prestine!

[quote name='Chronis']Sku: 1364241

You know, I'm surprised that it seems nobody else is finding theirs in boxes. When I picked mine up, they were all in plain brown boxes, except for the display. Maybe a lot of stores figured that nobody would buy something in a generic box but it definitely helped to save these things cuz mine was prestine![/QUOTE]

The BB I went to just had them stacked w/o any boxes.

Take a look: http://twitpic.com/3mtk4f

[quote name='Chronis']Sku: 1364241

You know, I'm surprised that it seems nobody else is finding theirs in boxes. When I picked mine up, they were all in plain brown boxes, except for the display. Maybe a lot of stores figured that nobody would buy something in a generic box but it definitely helped to save these things cuz mine was prestine![/QUOTE]

Thanks SO MUCH for posting the sku. My Citrus Park store, which weeks ago reported they had 3, claimed to not have any once I got there then. I donated blood at the bloodmobile in their parking lot today, and popped in with my $10 gift card I had just received. Sure enough they had one, out of the box, but otherwise in fairly good shape. Unfortunately, they couldn't find an item number or sku in any of their internal searches. I jumped on this thread, gave them this sku, and I was out the door with my case. You rock, Chronis.

bread's done
Back