DJ Hero Turntable Case and Stand $4.99 + tax w/FS at Best Buy

[quote name='Fearbeard']I don't even own DJ Hero or a turntable and I almost bought one. My CAG madness is deep.[/QUOTE]

lol. I know the feeling...I didn't really need a 2nd one because it'll be rare I'll actually be playing w/2 turntables and a microphone...:roll: Besides, do I really want to carry an extra what, 38 lbs. with me just to play DJ hero at my friend's house?

I put my turntables inside my cases for storage but now, I took the 2 cases I had and made a laptop desk out of them. If I decide to play DJ Hero, I just remove my laptop and I'm ready to go.

they are becoming extremely hard to get now that the word is out, got mine over the weekend, a really nice item.......although still a bit unsure how everything fits together inside the case. any pointers??

I know it's only $5... but... why are some of you guys accepting damaged products?

I returned the two cases I ordered because the cases were in very bad shape. I'm sorry, but I prefer quality over quantity.

[quote name='n0vak99']they are becoming extremely hard to get now that the word is out, got mine over the weekend, a really nice item.......although still a bit unsure how everything fits together inside the case. any pointers??[/QUOTE]

Well the legs fit inside the bottom. The middle is used to put the turntable and game. The top is used as a stand. You can mod the inside. I think you can fit a Wii inside or you can put your guitar hero guitar inside, but have to remove legs.

I ordered 2 from BB.com when this sale first went live.
Got one in the mail today (in pretty good condition) and got a cancellation e-mail about the other.
I think I got the last one......? :lol:

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I know it's only $5... but... why are some of you guys accepting damaged products?

I returned the two cases I ordered because the cases were in very bad shape. I'm sorry, but I prefer quality over quantity.[/QUOTE]

Well I got mines in great condition. I didnt get any that was sitting on the sales floor for months. I think when everyone placed a order online and it says take 1-2 weeks backorder from the Warehouse, I think Best Buy had all stores that had it instock ship it. How bad was the two that you got? Probably someone purchase and exchange or return. If you were interested, you can still use online zip code and see what stores has it. Then take SKU and model # to the store and look up in their private system. If it is in stock, it should have a #. It may not be on the floor and maybe somewhere in the backroom or hidden above the high shelf. It would be in a brown plain box. I only got 1 case two days ago. If you can find it in a great condition, cant go wrong for $5. I just dont understand why people are buying like 3 or more. Its probably about 10-14 Lbs. Not too heavy, but not portable.

[quote name='Gameboy415']I ordered 2 from BB.com when this sale first went live.
Got one in the mail today (in pretty good condition) and got a cancellation e-mail about the other.
I think I got the last one......? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Maybe you got the last one or trying to limit it because so many order 3 or more. I got in late and found it in the stock still in the brown boxes. I dont understand why someone said the store had it OOS, but the associate kept telling me that it was OOS and the system is wrong. 17 in stock? I found it above the shelf. Some had minor staff like scratches on the trim and some had the wireless receiver (PS2/PS3). I think all stores are sending the remaining back to the Warehouse and most likely many others will probably get a dented and not so great condition case. I always prefer to get it in store before ordering the Warehouse. That way you can see the condition.

The 2 I ordered are supposed to be delivered today. From all the posts I've read, hopefully 1 will be in good condition to leave out in my basement.

[quote name='rbarba4']
Thought this at first. But in actual use it's better this way. I've found it most comfortable to remove the lid and play while the deck is sitting in the foam tray, while it's in the case.
[/QUOTE]

Now there's an interesting idea. That'll keep it from sliding around on top of the case too.

got mine today and it's a good one. Case is a renegade edition one and is big as hell and heavy. Minor scratches and just looks pretty new. Only negative thing I saw was that it was a bit wobbly once I attached the legs. fuck it, it's $5.

I can't find a location that shows "ship to store" I'm only seeing "In Store only". My question is will BestBuy B&M price match the 4.99 printout.? I know they normally do, but in this case the print out shows that it's an item from the BestBuy Outlet Center.

[quote name='D_Icon']I can't find a location that shows "ship to store" I'm only seeing "In Store only". My question is will BestBuy B&M price match the 4.99 printout.? I know they normally do, but in this case the print out shows that it's an item from the BestBuy Outlet Center.[/QUOTE]

you'd probably get a better and more accurate answer calling BB's 800 number. I know that BB PM's their own website in their store but I have no experience if they match their outlet center. gl w/that.

[quote name='D_Icon']I can't find a location that shows "ship to store" I'm only seeing "In Store only". My question is will BestBuy B&M price match the 4.99 printout.? I know they normally do, but in this case the print out shows that it's an item from the BestBuy Outlet Center.[/QUOTE]

Its only "In Store Only" so you will have to pick it up.
Its $4.99 in store also when they scan it. No need to call or printout.
I purchase mines afew days ago.

Got mine today. Renegade case. Piece. of. shit. 2 of the glued in mounts (that you screw the legs in to) fell out when I opened the box. Screwed the legs in, turned it over, and all of the legs were either loose or fell out. Screws everywhere. Wobblier than anything. I wonder if its even worth the trip to the store to return it.

Got mine in the mail today... Looks great, looked over it thoroughly and didn't even see any scratches or anything, so I'm inclined to say it's brand new. Still had the silica packs in the case also, just another reason to make me say so. Had no problems at all putting it together(not even much wobbliness as others have pointed out), looking forward to trying it out later. Great, great buy at only $5.

Eh, got mine in today and it is okay. Worth the price anyway. The legs are good, no dents, but one of the clasps sucks. I flipped the lid around and it holds a bit better, but one of the clasps is just fucked up.

walked in and got 2 off the shelf today.
minimal wear on the outside, but one of the telescoping legs wouldn't extend. I'll be able to pull it out with some pliers I guess, but would've been pissed if I had just bought the one and didn't have a spare immediately at hand.

[quote name='langdon_alger']Got mine today. Renegade case. Piece. of. shit. 2 of the glued in mounts (that you screw the legs in to) fell out when I opened the box. Screwed the legs in, turned it over, and all of the legs were either loose or fell out. Screws everywhere. Wobblier than anything. I wonder if its even worth the trip to the store to return it.[/QUOTE]

Did you try to screw the mounts back on? I think it is held by the screws.
Is it in good condition? You can try to switch it out if they have more in stock.

[quote name='McNutsack']Ill go to my local store and see if I can find any.
I hope I can, and more importantly, I hope they're still $5.[/QUOTE]

read my Posts. You really have to look for it yourself in the store because the associates are clueless.

[quote name='The Punisher']Did you try to screw the mounts back on? I think it is held by the screws.
Is it in good condition? You can try to switch it out if they have more in stock.[/QUOTE]

everything else seemed fine. I am going to try to find some better screws around the house and see if I can lock it down. The screws that it came with were completely useless, I could push them in & pull them out with my fingers.

Mine came in today. In great shape. Heavy as a bastard though. Can't wait to break it in.

I give high praise to the OP for this crazy deal!

[quote name='langdon_alger']everything else seemed fine. I am going to try to find some better screws around the house and see if I can lock it down. The screws that it came with were completely useless, I could push them in & pull them out with my fingers.[/QUOTE]

maybe someone try to mod and decided to return it?probably better off replacing the screws anyway. just make sure the mount is not overstripped.

I ordered mine when this thread started and shipped to store. I received the Rocketfish one. Has anyone used this one? I'll keep it if it is any good.

[quote name='rbarba4']
Thought this at first. But in actual use it's better this way. I've found it most comfortable to remove the lid and play while the deck is sitting in the foam tray, while it's in the case.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think about taking it out...with the turntable in the tray and the legs at half height, its perfect for using while sitting on my sofa. Of course I can only get three of the legs out all the way anyway so I can't really use it standing up, but still.

Got mine today as well. Best $5 ever. It's the perfect height, plus considering I use my TV as my monitor, it is great as a keyboard stand, as well.

After ordering it online last week, I finally picked it up tonight. The one they pulled for me was in pretty bad shape, so I switched it for one that was in perfect condition plus one more. There were at least 15 more on the shelves.

I received a cancellation e-mail yesterday so I headed to my local store here in Tucson to look for one. I found one lone case sitting near a TV that was demonstrating the PS Move with no price tag or UPC sticker. Needless to say, customer service was clueless as to what the thing was and how much it was. Thankfully for me there was a very spirited employee that went to the back room and found a few boxes. Funny enough when the guy scanned it I asked him how much it was and he said, "$199.99. No, I'm kidding, it's $4.99." He even asked me if I wanted the other four he had in the back.

To anyone that is planning on heading to the store, bring all the information that you can because chances are these things aren't going to have any stickers or codes on them. I would bring a printout of the $4.99 price from BestBuy.com as well as the UPC information. Before I got the actual right price, the CSR that was helping me tried to claim that the stand was actually the $29.99 one that they sell since that was the only one she could find in the system. Another CSR thought it was the $29.99 Rock Band Keyboard Stand. I lucked out actually finding someone that cared enough to check the stockroom.

My two were delivered today. One in perfect condition, the other a little bnged up, so the lid doesn't fit tight, but good enough. Works as advertised. Way more fun to play while standing up. One of my best scaggs (snagg + CAG) ever.

Finally got mine picked up today. It took a while until I happened to spot it in the very corner of the customer service area-- being used as a table for drinks and random papers for a little customer service cubicle! (legs weren't on it but it was on top of a smaller cabinet, used to make a larger surface) I pointed it out to the guy and he said "No, that's not it, can't be" and I told him it was and to bring it over. He did and it was indeed a DJ Hero case. Then when he saw it was empty he said again it couldn't have been what I ordered and I explained it was just the case, nothing should be inside. I was pretty happy to see it looked about 95% pristine, a bit of peeling here and there but the clasps worked and it looked almost perfect.

Then he happened to spot another one on the floor that was a bit more banged up and the clasps didn't work and tried to tell me that was mine. (keep in mind, neither of them had the standard Best Buy invoice taped to them or anything) I insisted on keeping the first one he brought over-- makes me think he had his eye on it and was hoping that he could talk me out of it. Either that, or he was just clueless as to why neither of the 2 had the pickup orders on them.

Says the store had more of them but I didn't see any obviously out in the game section; I did see some plain brown boxes stacked in the gaming area that didn't have any real markings on them, but did say "Qty: 2" on them, do they come 2 to a box?

Anyway, got it home and it works almost perfectly, one of the leg-brackets is a bit loose but all the legs extended and all was good.

It's not as big as I was afraid from all of the comments but definitely is heavy for its size.

Very happy about the purchase (Thanks OP!) and part of me thinks I should've tried to track one more down although part of me isn't sure what I'd do with it..! I think I would've been fairly pissed to get it for $200 at launch (That's how much Renegade cost, wasn't it?) but it's a pretty nice stand for $5 if you get one that works.

My only long term concern is how stable it'd be to leave up; I took the legs back off mine when I was done checking it, it didn't quite seem stable enough to leave up long term (if someone brushed against it or something).

[quote name='Justin42']Finally got mine picked up today. It took a while until I happened to spot it in the very corner of the customer service area-- being used as a table for drinks and random papers for a little customer service cubicle! (legs weren't on it but it was on top of a smaller cabinet, used to make a larger surface) I pointed it out to the guy and he said "No, that's not it, can't be" and I told him it was and to bring it over. He did and it was indeed a DJ Hero case. Then when he saw it was empty he said again it couldn't have been what I ordered and I explained it was just the case, nothing should be inside. I was pretty happy to see it looked about 95% pristine, a bit of peeling here and there but the clasps worked and it looked almost perfect.

Then he happened to spot another one on the floor that was a bit more banged up and the clasps didn't work and tried to tell me that was mine. (keep in mind, neither of them had the standard Best Buy invoice taped to them or anything) I insisted on keeping the first one he brought over-- makes me think he had his eye on it and was hoping that he could talk me out of it. Either that, or he was just clueless as to why neither of the 2 had the pickup orders on them.

Says the store had more of them but I didn't see any obviously out in the game section; I did see some plain brown boxes stacked in the gaming area that didn't have any real markings on them, but did say "Qty: 2" on them, do they come 2 to a box?

Anyway, got it home and it works almost perfectly, one of the leg-brackets is a bit loose but all the legs extended and all was good.

It's not as big as I was afraid from all of the comments but definitely is heavy for its size.

Very happy about the purchase (Thanks OP!) and part of me thinks I should've tried to track one more down although part of me isn't sure what I'd do with it..! I think I would've been fairly pissed to get it for $200 at launch (That's how much Renegade cost, wasn't it?) but it's a pretty nice stand for $5 if you get one that works.

My only long term concern is how stable it'd be to leave up; I took the legs back off mine when I was done checking it, it didn't quite seem stable enough to leave up long term (if someone brushed against it or something).[/QUOTE]

The case comes in 1 box. What did you mean by one of the leg brackets are loose? Do you mean when its moved around? I think the legs were build in a angle. If you dont like the bottom black move able part, then you can pull it off by hand and replace it with wheels or something. It should be stable to stand on its own. Im using it as a food tray/table/labtop stand

[quote name='Justin42']
My only long term concern is how stable it'd be to leave up; I took the legs back off mine when I was done checking it, it didn't quite seem stable enough to leave up long term (if someone brushed against it or something).[/QUOTE]

Obviously if someone knocks into it, its not the fault of the construction if the table falls down... if it can stand up, im sure its stable provided gremlins dont attack it when only you are looking.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I received a cancellation e-mail yesterday so I headed to my local store here in Tucson to look for one. I found one lone case sitting near a TV that was demonstrating the PS Move with no price tag or UPC sticker. Needless to say, customer service was clueless as to what the thing was and how much it was. Thankfully for me there was a very spirited employee that went to the back room and found a few boxes. Funny enough when the guy scanned it I asked him how much it was and he said, "$199.99. No, I'm kidding, it's $4.99." He even asked me if I wanted the other four he had in the back.

To anyone that is planning on heading to the store, bring all the information that you can because chances are these things aren't going to have any stickers or codes on them. I would bring a printout of the $4.99 price from BestBuy.com as well as the UPC information. Before I got the actual right price, the CSR that was helping me tried to claim that the stand was actually the $29.99 one that they sell since that was the only one she could find in the system. Another CSR thought it was the $29.99 Rock Band Keyboard Stand. I lucked out actually finding someone that cared enough to check the stockroom.[/QUOTE]

FYI- You dont need a printout. Use need the SKU and Model number so they can see how many in stock (Make sure they dont use BESTBUY.COM system, but their system lookup) If they do have #QTY in stock, then they have it somewhere in the store. It will scan $5 even though they have a sign that says $29.99. Try to look for the cases that is inside the brown box because it seems its in better condition then the cases sitting on the sales floor (the cases that was displayed in a stack when DJ Hero 2 first came out)

The Minnetonka, MN Best Buy has 30 in the back. I had to read them the SKU off the Best Buy site for them to find it in the system, then it took them two trips to the back before the found the brown non-descript box that others here mentioned. Snagged 2 of them, they should be great for IIDX as well as DJ Hero.

[quote name='The Punisher']FYI- You dont need a printout. Use need the SKU and Model number so they can see how many in stock (Make sure they dont use BESTBUY.COM system, but their system lookup) If they do have #QTY in stock, then they have it somewhere in the store. It will scan $5 even though they have a sign that says $29.99. Try to look for the cases that is inside the brown box because it seems its in better condition then the cases sitting on the sales floor (the cases that was displayed in a stack when DJ Hero 2 first came out)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a good idea. I was just trying to cover all angles for people looking to get these things because it seemed like the CSRs I was dealing with were trying to find it on BestBuy.com just so they could figure out what it was. I don't know where they were looking though since I couldn't see their monitors. As I said, I'm glad I found a persistant employee that looked in the back because he brought out one of the brown boxes you mentioned. I was very happy to see that. It's as close to new as I'm going to get and for a hell of a lot cheaper.

I also saw one up on a high shelf in the electronics section so you might really have to scope out for them. All I can say to anyone that's going to the store is be persistant! Once they find the right box (which might take a while), it'll scan as $4.99.

Was a little leery of the condition from what others here on CAG were reporting. but mine came yesterday in almost pristine condition. Just a small non-descript dent here and there on the trim but the case aligns perfectly & the clasps are fine. This is a heavy mother, much heavier than I expected. My 8-year-old son was jammin' on DJ Hero 2 last night, all he needed was headphones and he would have looked like a real DJ! Thanks for the post on the deal! Well worth it!

[quote name='The Punisher']The case comes in 1 box. What did you mean by one of the leg brackets are loose? Do you mean when its moved around? I think the legs were build in a angle. If you dont like the bottom black move able part, then you can pull it off by hand and replace it with wheels or something. It should be stable to stand on its own. Im using it as a food tray/table/labtop stand[/QUOTE]

One of the things the legs screw into is a bit loose in the case, like the screws aren't really holding it in place correctly. I need to tear out the padding and see what's going on.

I wonder where they were hiding the rest of the cases in stock if they're 1 to a box.. hrm.

Thanks for spotting this one OP. Picked mine up today. How can you say no for $5? As of about 2:00 pm there were 5 remaining at the Best Buy in Heath, OH.

bread's done
Back