DJ Hero Turntable Case and Stand $4.99 + tax w/FS at Best Buy

In NYC, you can use this to do card tricks on the street :lol: For $5, this is a super deal, pure FIVE star awesomeness. Happy New Year!

Picked up one for me and one for a friend, these things are HUGE!! Quick question, do you play with the turntable on top of the case or kept in the foam?

[quote name='AwakenedCloud']Picked up one for me and one for a friend, these things are HUGE!! Quick question, do you play with the turntable on top of the case or kept in the foam?[/QUOTE]

You use the case as a table. The rubber feet of the turntable won't skid around on the textured top of the case.

Best Deal Ever!

At a NYE party last night, I used these as speaker stands(just to try em out) for Mackie SRM 450s. They can hold some serious weight.

Picked up the last one in Madison Heights MI, great deal! Now I can have my dj controller in something instead of on the floor lol

I picked up 3 when this deal first got posted. They have been shipped in two separate orders. However, something is a little weird. According to the UPS website using the tracking numbers, the shipment that is carrying 2 cases weighs 16.90 lbs and is coming in 3 packages. The second shipment is only carrying 1 case and it weighs 18.30 lbs and is also coming in 3 packages. I wonder why the one package that is carrying only one is soo heavy!????

Grabbed two - the best looking ones in the stack of 10. Had to ask where they were since they weren't in the video game area. Had a little display that said $29.99 for the stack.
No price tags on any of them individually, so they had to call back for the SKU. Guy gave me a look when i said it should be $4.99 =]

[quote name='confoosious']i saw a bunch of these at the store today. For those who have it, can I rip out the innards and basically use this as a storage box?[/QUOTE]

There's a middle tray where the turntable, game case, and other little accessories fit and below that is a channel for the four legs. The pieces that make this channel in the middle aren't foam, but with some gentle prying should be removable. Only thing is that there may not be any upholstery behind those panels, I haven't checked. But yes, you could remove everything and use foam as custom fitted inserts for whatever.

It would make a rather decent console carrying case if you knew what you were doing. But you may have to leave the legs behind to stuff anything other than a Wii in there.

Got one yesterday after reading the deal. They had some on the shelf just laying out but mine was in a non disclosed box. I think the ones out of the box were sitting on shelves so people prob moved them around an possibly broke some. The ones in the box we just sitting in the back. Just something that I noticed. It is sold out online but call your local BB an let them know they are still for sale cause 2 I called said they were being shipped back to their warehouse.

Yeah, I ordered mine a couple days ago and it's been backordered still.
Knowing my history with Best Buy, I'll get an email apologizing and that they are no longer selling the item, or won't sell me it for $5. This has happened way too many times in the last few years with them : D

What an f'n headache this was, I did get my order for free though thanks to 1-800-BB and not the store.

Long story short, placed order earlier in the week, received email it was ready for p/u. Went tonight to p/u waited 25 minutes to have one brought up and it was broken (latch was missing). Took another 10 to get the other one which is fine. Took another 15 minutes to get the manager there and was no help at all only to find out the only other one they had in stock they sold that same day.

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

I only wanted one and the other was just to give away but ffs, I always have problems with this BB when it comes to .com p/u and only went there because it was the closest place available.

[quote name='confoosious']i saw a bunch of these at the store today. For those who have it, can I rip out the innards and basically use this as a storage box?[/QUOTE]

I can provide a tiny bit more info since part of the lower tray fell out of mine. LOL

You could totally use this for storage, but you'd have to put a tiny bit of work into it. The lining does only cover the center of the case--it's bare below the two side pieces that surround the legs. Not a big deal, really, but you'd want to put something over that.

BUT, the legs screw up into the case. So when you pull those side trays out, you have a raised tube in each corner, tilted slightly towards the center of the case. I'd estimate they're about an inch in diameter and just shy of an inch high. I don't think they'll easily pop out. So that might limit your interior space slightly. The tubes are capped, so there is no opening to the outside.

Hope that helps.

I got a renegade back when there some half off Amazon coupons. It's a really decent case IMO and a steal at 5 bucks. It's not super sturdy but again, its 5 BUCKS.

I ordered two last week and pick them up yesterday at Best Buy... but...

I returned them. The cases were in very bad shape; they didn't even close correctly. I already have one from my Renegade Edition, so no problem.

But still... I prefer my $10 back than the cases in bad condition. Good for you guys who got the cases in good condition!

Hi everyone. I'm new and just wanted to pass the info. along. I saw this post later and saw it was sold out online. Well, the Shady Grove, MD area has like 17 cases in stock (None displayed on sales floor like some other stores) and it's inside a brown cardboard box. Best Buy claim they don't have any in stock, but check inventory and they had no clue what it looked like. Anyway, I noticed one display beside the boxes on top of the shelf. Overall, the case is alright and is worth $5. There are some things I notice like minor dints and light scratches on the trim, but looks better then the ones that were sitting on the sales floor. Did anyone notice that when closing the case, part of the trim is not lined up correctly and looks like there is a gap? Is that normal? Maybe a defect in production?

If anyone still in the area that is interested, the boxes would be on the top shelfs near the GPS station. (Well the top shelf in the area has Guitar Hero 6, Halo reach Legend box, Kitchen stuff.....And all associates are clueless in the matter)

Thank you everyone for posting these great deals.

[quote name='The Punisher']Hi everyone. I'm new and just wanted to pass the info. along. I saw this post later and saw it was sold out online. Well, the Shady Grove, MD area has like 17 cases in stock (None displayed on sales floor like some other stores) and it's inside a brown cardboard box. Best Buy claim they don't have any in stock, but check inventory and they had no clue what it looked like. Anyway, I noticed one display beside the boxes on top of the shelf. Overall, the case is alright and is worth $5. There are some things I notice like minor dints and light scratches on the trim, but looks better then the ones that were sitting on the sales floor. Did anyone notice that when closing the case, part of the trim is not lined up correctly and looks like there is a gap? Is that normal? Maybe a defect in production?

If anyone still in the area that is interested, the boxes would be on the top shelfs near the GPS station. (Well the top shelf in the area has Guitar Hero 6, Halo reach Legend box, Kitchen stuff.....And all associates are clueless in the matter)

Thank you everyone for posting these great deals.[/QUOTE]

I wish all noobs could post like this. Welcome aboard. :applause: (PS thanks for not asking dumb questions haha)

So mine's backordered for one to two weeks. I've never had a problem getting a backordered item from Best Buy before but I'm really hoping this doesn't get cancelled since the product is totally sold out online. I might need to make a pilgrimage to the store today just to make sure I get one. Now that I read all these posts I'm worried if I finally get it in the mail it's going to be defective.

EDIT: I just went to a local store to see if I could pick one up instead of having it shipped and although they had 3 in stock, none of them gave me any particular confidence that they would be worth the $5 to tote them home. A lot of scratches, dings, and legs that looked like they were broken. I might check out another store this week. I know I shouldn't be picky for $5 but honestly given the hefty weight of this thing, if it turns out to be total crap, it's not like I'm going to sell it and pay for shipping. It's pretty much worthless if it falls apart on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's quite possible that if youre order is backordered you might get someone's cancellation or their return. when I went to pick up mine there was a few instock behind the counter that were "Returns" according to the cashier. Mine had a few dents but the most important thing was that is closed properly and locked tight.

What happens if you never come in to pick up your in store pick up? Will the order be cancelled and refunded or will they still charge you?

[quote name='mistymayem']What happens if you never come in to pick up your in store pick up? Will the order be cancelled and refunded or will they still charge you?[/QUOTE]

They refund you.

You'll get a few reminder emails to pick it up, but eventually it just gets cancelled.

Picked mine up today...this case is bigger and heavier than I thought. I thought it would be a good way to protect my turntable, but it takes up 4 times the space. Oh well, it's still worth $5.

what, what a POS. Not even any hinges? I also thought the legs collapsed on the bottom somehow (that they would fold down, not store in the case). Not aweful for 5 bucks, but I'd have been pissed if I had splurged for the "Renegade" edition and this was what I paid extra for...

[quote name='The Punisher']Hi everyone. I'm new and just wanted to pass the info. along. I saw this post later and saw it was sold out online. Well, the Shady Grove, MD area has like 17 cases in stock (None displayed on sales floor like some other stores) and it's inside a brown cardboard box. Best Buy claim they don't have any in stock, but check inventory and they had no clue what it looked like. Anyway, I noticed one display beside the boxes on top of the shelf. Overall, the case is alright and is worth $5. There are some things I notice like minor dints and light scratches on the trim, but looks better then the ones that were sitting on the sales floor. Did anyone notice that when closing the case, part of the trim is not lined up correctly and looks like there is a gap? Is that normal? Maybe a defect in production?

Thank you everyone for posting these great deals.[/QUOTE]

i noticed that the trim doesn't line up right IF its on upside down. it took me a little while to realize that there are actually feet on the bottom of the case and lid so when you stand it up (like you're carrying it an put it down), it won't sit on the actual case, but on the feet. as long as the 2 locking hinges line up, you're good though. it'll only lock that way (at least on mine)

I picked up an extra becuase I was hoping to use it as an emergency box in my car. there isn't a whole lot of extra room in this thing and basically holds a space for the legs and the game and turn table. its not horrible for $5, but there's a lot of wasted potential in that bottom compartment imho

[quote name='supermodestmouse']
I picked up an extra becuase I was hoping to use it as an emergency box in my car. there isn't a whole lot of extra room in this thing and basically holds a space for the legs and the game and turn table. its not horrible for $5, but there's a lot of wasted potential in that bottom compartment imho[/QUOTE]

I was looking to use it as a storage box too but the way the bottom is made (I finally got a chance to look at it in detail today), it takes away a lot of the space.

Not bad for like an emergency road kit for $5, but in reality, bit too bulky to be a good use for it.

yea this thing is heavy and bulky to use for anything else. although it's spacious if you gut the inside and don't use the legs, i'd rather buy something that will fit what want to put in it and get something a little lighter and more compact/portable.

People saying how horrible this is need to get a clue. It's not supposed to be some ultraportable protective case for your turntable. It's designed so you can PLAY the game standing up. And it accomplishes that well. If the legs were smaller or folded up, there's no way it would hold up to repeated use.

Geez, some folks will b1tch about anything.... :roll:

great cases for 5 bucks.. very sturdy and heavy..

note on bestbuy orders though.. i placed 2 separate orders for the case and received NO emails confirming anything on the orders (checked spam etc).. just went to store day after and they were waiting to pickup.. but just FYI in case anyone waiting for emails..

[quote name='Zippon']
Geez, some folks will b1tch about anything.... :roll:[/QUOTE]

yes for the people complaining about it not fitting right or poorly made. what do you expect, it's $5 and you should know by now that extras in most collector's edition are junk. i grabbed a few to store my 2 dj hero 1 turntables and sf4 te stick.

continuing on the rant about possible ideas to use these as storage or if there are any other usefulness for the people who grabbed 20.

$5 is cheap for this as storage if you want to use it for a suitcase or something, but only if you must. if you can get afford a proper storage case for whatever you are intending, i certainly would because it would be a pain to try to check this in through airport security. there may be some other uses, but i wouldn't recommended it.

Told you guys this was gonna' happen to me!

"Thank you for your interest in the Activision DJ Hero 2 Two-in-One Turntable Case and Stand (SKU 1364241) on BestBuy.com. Your order is currently on backorder; and unfortunately, we will not be receiving more product. As a result your order will be canceled."

Predictable Best Buy.

I can't even do in-store pickup, can I?
On the product page, it saysd not available for in-store pickup.

Mannn, I shouldve trusted my gut instinct when they informed me it was backordered 3 days ago.

"Thank you for your interest in the Activision DJ Hero 2 Two-in-One Turntable Case and Stand (SKU 1364241) on BestBuy.com. Your order is currently on backorder; and unfortunately, we will not be receiving more product. As a result your order will be canceled."

Me too. :(

Geez, some folks will b1tch about anything.... :roll:[/QUOTE]

These cases were made for DJ Hero game and too heavy to be used as a car kit. Its build solid (- small dints and scratches) and great for $5 which Im using as a table/tray. These are not horrible and should accept it as what it is. Just look for the best/least mess up one. I feel bad for people that paid $30 which I think was too much (I think Best Buy has a RocketFish brand...Not sure how good it is)

Note: I checked over 5 cases that were inside the cardboard box. It has 4 cardboard on each side to protect it from moving. The funny thing is that some had the DJ Hero 2 wireless receiver for the PS2/PS3 inside and some wasn't. I notice some people on the forum wish that it was for the xbox 360, but I don't recall the 360 to be wireless . I could be wrong, but pretty sure there is no receiver for the 360.

[quote name='McNutsack']Told you guys this was gonna' happen to me!

I dont like Best Buy every since Circuit City left. The service is worst and I shop there when great deals are found. (Ex. xbox live card $35, $10 games, etc)

Anyone know what happens to the trade in games at Best Buy? Do they seal it and sell it as new? Asking cause reminds me of Gamestop.

FYI- on the first page use the link to check your stores in the area. Its not for store pickup, but it should say "In Store Only" which means they do have it in stock. Take SKU and Model # and ask to be looked up on system (Not online.There own Best Buy system) It should tell you how many on hand. Dont take there BS. They are lazy. look around the game area. Then look at the high top shelf. Its in plain brown cardboard with nothing on it. No Brand or Log on box. I found mines hiding behind Guitar Hero 6 and Halo Legend boxes. Mines was by the game/GPS station. Hope this helps.

I did two orders for in store pick up, and now just received two emails saying they get cancelled because out of stock.

[quote name='100xp']it's quite possible that if... you might get someone's cancellation or their return.[/QUOTE]

Most likely will be a return/rejection from a prior purchase. When I wanted to do an in-store purchase last week, no nearby store had them in stock. It was only available at the farther away stores.

This week, all the local stores have a 1-2 in stock but the farther stores are out. Went to look at them and they were really messed up. Asked the workers about the condition and they told me they had been returned by other customers.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Not even any hinges? I also thought the legs collapsed on the bottom somehow (that they would fold down, not store in the case).[/QUOTE]

Thought this at first. But in actual use it's better this way. I've found it most comfortable to remove the lid and play while the deck is sitting in the foam tray, while it's in the case.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']...there's a lot of wasted potential in that bottom compartment imho[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Also wish it had a separate opening to grab the legs.

[quote name='Zippon']It's designed so you can PLAY the game standing up. And it accomplishes that well. If the legs were smaller or folded up, there's no way it would hold up to repeated use[/QUOTE]

Definetely fulfills that purpose. Stopped playing DJ 1 because it was too uncomfortable to play. Coffee table was too low and it moved around too much when I would put it in my lap. This stand works great

For a while I thought of making the turntable into a "deck-tar" by attaching straps to the deck and hanging it around my neck:roll:. Instead I just put it away until I could pick up the Renegade version for cheap.

Lucky for me the BB decided to practically give these things away:D.

I'm still waiting for delivery of the two I ordered online

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='miriamleo']I did two orders for in store pick up, and now just received two emails saying they get cancelled because out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Did you use the online inventory checker? If your Store says " Store Only"
then they should have it in stock. If you did Store Pickup, then maybe they couldnt find it. I went to the store because I knew they couldnt find it. Someone posted on 12/29 that my store was Out of stock, but in fact I picked up mines yesterday. I took the SKU and model # to Best Buy and system said 17 in stock. The employees are clueless ( they had to ask many others) and said OSS, but I found it myself. Read my past post.

I now see why it was so hard for them to find the damn things in the warehouse. Holy non-descript box. Just a brown box with a UPC on it. No way you would be able to spot one of these easily.

Well worth the $5 though. This will make playing the game a hell of a lot easier than holding the turntable on my lap. Also, my second one will be awesome for a keyboard stand for Rock Band 3.

[quote name='psunami']I now see why it was so hard for them to find the damn things in the warehouse. Holy non-descript box. Just a brown box with a UPC on it. No way you would be able to spot one of these easily.

Well worth the $5 though. This will make playing the game a hell of a lot easier than holding the turntable on my lap. Also, my second one will be awesome for a keyboard stand for Rock Band 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Difficult to find. Mines has one display case out of box sitting beside the other brown boxes, but had Guitar Hero 6 in the front. I had to walk into the front aisle just to see it. I was lucky to get one in great condition. I guess whoever posted on 12/29 said that the store was OSS and everyone probably didnt bother ordering in store pickup. Wow. They had 17 in stock when I got mines yesterday. People need to not relay on the employees. 9 out of 10 I find things myself before asking them.

[quote name='The Punisher']Did you use the online inventory checker? If your Store says " Store Only"
then they should have it in stock. If you did Store Pickup, then maybe they couldnt find it. I went to the store because I knew they couldnt find it. Someone posted on 12/29 that my store was Out of stock, but in fact I picked up mines yesterday. I took the SKU and model # to Best Buy and system said 17 in stock. The employees are clueless ( they had to ask many others) and said OSS, but I found it myself. Read my past post.[/QUOTE]

The two orders I placed were at different Best Buy.

The first store I picked says something like "In Stock - Can Pick Up Immediately" so I ordered from that store. An hour after I ordered I got an email saying they couldn't find any so they will cancel my order after 7 days.

Which brings it to my second order at a different store. This time it says "Not In Stock - Will Ship from Warehouse" which will take around 7-10 days before I can pick it up. So I expect them to ship it from warehouse and I can pick it up a week later.

Today, I received two emails for both orders - both get cancelled because they are out of stock.

Decided to go pick it up at a store today since I had a feeling my online order was going to get canned. It was a bitch trying to bring it home without a car but I managed. It's pretty sturdy once it was put together. For $5 this was definitely a steal.

[quote name='miriamleo']The two orders I placed were at different Best Buy.

The first store I picked says something like "In Stock - Can Pick Up Immediately" so I ordered from that store. An hour after I ordered I got an email saying they couldn't find any so they will cancel my order after 7 days.

Which brings it to my second order at a different store. This time it says "Not In Stock - Will Ship from Warehouse" which will take around 7-10 days before I can pick it up. So I expect them to ship it from warehouse and I can pick it up a week later.

Today, I received two emails for both orders - both get cancelled because they are out of stock.[/QUOTE]

So did you enter your zip code and see what stores has it in stock? "In Store Only" should appear on the list. If so, then you just have to go the store with the SKU and model # to see what the system says. i had the same problem and thats why I never order it online. It is $5 in the store.

[quote name='Caj814']Decided to go pick it up at a store today since I had a feeling my online order was going to get canned. It was a bitch trying to bring it home without a car but I managed. It's pretty sturdy once it was put together. For $5 this was definitely a steal.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. Wow, how did you manage to get it home without a car? They are huge!

Well... just got the email...

Best Buy = Teh Suq

Never liked BB, never will.

bread's done
Back