DJ Hero Turntable Case and Stand $4.99 + tax w/FS at Best Buy

[quote name='solisnk']It's free shipping to your house too, just ordered one. Hopefully it fits the turntable from the 1st?[/QUOTE]

No controller, just the stand & case... For $5 and change its a deal!

Thanks OP, picked up one. Didn't know what I was going to do with my remaining $4 on my GC. DJ Hero case/stand for a buck sounds good to me.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Why are people looking for these in store? Shipping to home for free. I have silver, but I thought it was free shipping for all.[/QUOTE]

the main problem some ppl are running into is damaged cases that won't close properly, if you get it shipped you risk having to go through the hassle of returning it for another one that could also be damaged. much easier to just go to the store and open the already opened box yourself and check.

Anyone know if these would be usable for transporting SF4 TE sticks? Likewise, if they'd make a decent playing surface/table for such? Might be fun to use for that purpose.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Why are people looking for these in store? Shipping to home for free. I have silver, but I thought it was free shipping for all.[/QUOTE]

I'm not home until 6:00 p.m... most of the times they left the packages with the neighbor and I think two big boxes would be an abuse, don't you think?

No clue, but can u really go wrong with $5?

Can't believe my orders aren't ready for pick-up yet.... :(

[quote name='Strell']Anyone know if these would be usable for transporting SF4 TE sticks? Likewise, if they'd make a decent playing surface/table for such? Might be fun to use for that purpose.[/QUOTE]

i wonder if the stick is too tall. it looks like it will fit, but you probably want to buy some black foam rubber and custom cut it yourself.

[quote name='frpilot']i wonder if the stick is too tall. it looks like it will fit, but you probably want to buy some black foam rubber and custom cut it yourself.[/QUOTE]

the stick is too tall, you'd pretty much have to rip everything out of the DJ Case in order to cram the TE stick in...and that's not really offerring much protection at all. I still use the TE stick box it comes in.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Thanks for the explanation. I am using mine for RB keyboard, so if the case is damaged, I don't much care.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Bought one for my keyboard.

If you guys knows people with DJ Hero, this could be great birthday presents.

Just buy a few more and keep them on the closet.

Edit: Quick English question (not my primary language)... should it be "If you guys knows or know..." ?

Thanks OP and others talking about checking the cases. I might just avoid the crowds and risk getting one shipped.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']If you guys knows people with DJ Hero, this could be great birthday presents.

Just buy a few more and keep them on the closet.

Edit: Quick English question (not my primary language)... should it be "If you guys knows or know..." ?[/QUOTE]

It's "if you guys know..."

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Edit: Quick English question (not my primary language)... should it be "If you guys knows or know..." ?[/QUOTE]

I prefer "yous guys", but that has more to do with New York stereotypes and less to do with the English language.

Great find OP! I've been wanting to find a reason to get back into playing the first DJ Hero and this might just motivate me to do so. I'm tempted to buy two in case I get a second turntable but the clutter would just get out of hand. I'm ordering at least one. Maybe I can get a second turntable and stand + DJ Hero 2 for cheap.

I just went and picked mine up in store, and it's not the DJ Hero 2 stand. It's a clearly used, worn out DJ Hero 1 Renegade edition stand. Has this happened to anyone else?

For $5 I'm tempted to just keep it, since it's only $5, but I was kind of bummed out that the store gave me this used case (I can see where the CD was put inside).

I said something about it and they insisted that this was the $5 one, and that the DJ Hero 2 case was $30.

Ordered one and picked it up last night and it is in perfect condition. My young daughter saw it this morning and thought I was starting a new job as a lawyer with my new briefcase. That made it worth $5 to me!

[quote name='mxmarks']I just went and picked mine up in store, and it's not the DJ Hero 2 stand. It's a clearly used, worn out DJ Hero 1 Renegade edition stand. Has this happened to anyone else?

For $5 I'm tempted to just keep it, since it's only $5, but I was kind of bummed out that the store gave me this used case (I can see where the CD was put inside).

I said something about it and they insisted that this was the $5 one, and that the DJ Hero 2 case was $30.[/QUOTE]

Mine does not appear used, but i got the renegade case as well, are these the same as the dj hero 2 case?

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Does the RB3 keyboard fit inside of the case or you guys just using it as a stand?[/QUOTE]
If you take out the top layer of padding (that usually holds the game and turntable) problem is the bottom layer where you store the legs will be banging against it unless you take it out too.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I don't think there's a DJ Hero 2 specific case and stand... or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

nothing advertised, they learned from their mistakes apparently. it's possible they had a stand/case prototype but when buyers came to see what they had in store for the DJ Hero 2, they probably said no thanks...we still have 800 lbs of renegade boxes we're going to put on clearance.

[quote name='jbroush99']Ordered one and picked it up last night and it is in perfect condition. My young daughter saw it this morning and thought I was starting a new job as a lawyer with my new briefcase. That made it worth $5 to me![/QUOTE]

Awwww...too cute.

Got it set up and I think it will work fine with the keyboard on top of the case. Really good pickup for anyone that needs a small table that adjusts heights, I can think of some hobbyists that could use one of these.

[quote name='100xp']should you decide to get one of these, I'd suggest ordering two if you do in store pick up. This way the chances of you getting one that's not banged up beyond closing is 50/50...then simply cancel the 2nd one and take home your less damaged case.

they brought me 3-4 boxes to finally fine one that closes properly and didn't look like it was used in an episode of COPS as a battering ram.[/QUOTE]

I was going to write the same thing. I bought two, took them both home and I have one where the latches are SOOOO offline that I can barely close it again. They don't come in a box, so yes - they have dents, scratches, marks, etc. I was "pretty" ok with that, but when I got home and found one where the latch was totally jacked up, I ordered another for in store pickup. I might even order ANOTHER for in store pickup, just to make sure.

To be fair, it's 100% worth $5, but don't expect an amazing product here. They're heave and solid, but the latches are weak, the insides fall apart easily with the foam, and yes - they are beat up.

Overall, I give them a B- for the product, but an A for the value :)

I picked mine up this afternoon. Security searched the case before I could go out the door. Even though he watched me coming over from the instore pickup area.

[quote name='mer71']I picked mine up this afternoon. Security searched the case before I could go out the door. Even though he watched me coming over from the instore pickup area.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you have a thief face...

:twoguns:

it's possible that protocol is the security guy has to search the case before letting you out because they're on camera.

[quote name='100xp']it's possible that protocol is the security guy has to search the case before letting you out because they're on camera.[/QUOTE]

I had my kids with me. The guy said that they don't trust the workers at the pickup area. But, wouldn't I have to be in on it, if they put something in there?

just picked mine up. man this thing is sweet for 5 bucks. ordered 1 more for instore pick up. not sure that i need a second one, but...

Looks like if you carve out some of the foam the RB3 keyboard will fit just fine. The keyboard is also a bit less thick than the turntable controller.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Looks like if you carve out some of the foam the RB3 keyboard will fit just fine. The keyboard is also a bit less thick than the turntable controller.

[/QUOTE]
I dunno man, I mean, I get this is cheap, but I have the actual Keyboard stand from Madcatz, and while the cost is way too much (got mine bundled with the keyboard for $70 with their holiday deal so I didn't get gouged), it works really well as a stand. I would say don't go through the effort and wait for the official stands to drop in price (which they will).

I just got done at the Madison West store and they show 47 on the computer but can't find them anywhere. A bit miffed that I wasted the trip out here to get shut down like that.

Got mine with no trouble. I'm actually surprised how heavy and rather well built it is. It's no wonder how expensive the Renegade Edition of DJ Hero was because this thing couldn't be too cheap on its own.

And yes, this is the same case, it has "Renegade" clearly embossed on the side. The box was a plain brown with fitted packaging. For all I could tell this was likely the retail box without the slip cover over it.

It would almost be worth it to buy another one, gut the insides, get some foam to cut and use it as some sort of equipment case since it would be a super cheap project.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EYEL1NER']I dunno man, I mean, I get this is cheap, but I have the actual Keyboard stand from Madcatz, and while the cost is way too much (got mine bundled with the keyboard for $70 with their holiday deal so I didn't get gouged), it works really well as a stand. I would say don't go through the effort and wait for the official stands to drop in price (which they will).[/QUOTE]

The effort? lol. Are you seeing the same foam I'm seeing? It looks like 10 seconds with an x-acto knife would allow you to create a nice case to store your working MIDI controller in...which as far as I know, the official MadCatz stand doesn't provide.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prayformojo']Mine does not appear used, but i got the renegade case as well, are these the same as the dj hero 2 case?[/QUOTE]

These are definitely the Renegade Edition cases. So, yes, there probably was a game in yours when you bought it and it was taken out and sold separately. I don't have a Renegade edition; I bought the bundle when it was $40 earlier in the year, but I expect that this is just how the Renegade edition was packaged: software and stand hardware inside the case. The stand/cases probably aren't used--they're probably just excess warehouse stock that BBs are trying to unload quickly.

Mine had a bit of a dent near one of the latches, but was otherwise in mint condition. I think this is a real bargain for folks with the regular edition of DJ Hero looking for a good place to stash the turntable where it won't get damaged.

Incidentally, my BB is now selling the DJ Hero 1 bundle for $28.

bread's done
Back