DJ Hero Turntable Case and Stand $4.99 + tax w/FS at Best Buy

Picked up 2 at the Green Bay,WI store. Looked like they had one or two left. I may go back for another for a future RB keyboard. Prior to Xmas they had a pretty big stack of these set out, but at $30 a pop then I'm surprised they moved as many as they did.

Now for a good deal on DJ hero 2....

Picked up two today with the free shipping.. Swiped up a DJ Hero 2 bundle brand new on Ebay for 34.60 cents. New DJ Hero bundle and two cases for just 45 bucks. I think I did well if I say so myself.

This thing is tall, too. Between 4 - 4 1/2 feet. Now i've got two for myself, and one for my brother. Might get some more just to modify them. After a while, these things seem so multi-purpose.

[quote name='youruglyclone']in for 4

despite the volume...I actually do have 4 turntables (2 wireless, 2 wired). for those curious how I own a wired turntable. they're demo units.[/QUOTE]

um why would you get 4 stands since you can only play 2 players unless you want to just use two for just cases but thats not very space efficient.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']i want to buy this but i have no idea wth I am going to use it for[/QUOTE]

there really good for anything honestly. i use mine as a table when im not playing dj hero since asembling it and desembling constantly is a hassle. My friend had his 360 on top off it.

Thanks again to OP, such a steal for 5 bucks, mine say Renegade on them also. One corner of one of them has slight dings on it but who cares.

So, are these all supposed to be USED? People keep complaining about in-store pickup being used product. Do you think if we buy online and have it shipped it'll be used too? Because that'd pretty f***ing ridiculous to not advertise.

I Don't know why, but I ordered one case for store pick up and the other ship to my home. So this will make three Renegade cases I have. I Told my friend about it and he decided to order four and he already owns three. I Asked him why he needed that many and he said he doesn't know either. We then both went to the conclusion of something loosely based on this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmwUTjAYes

Believe it or not but when I opened the second of the two that I picked up, There was an actual renegade edition turntable inside( shiny black w/ gold trim). I was estatic until I found ou that it was the 360 version, I'm a Pswii owner. The only thing is, it didn't come with a dongle... Open for trades/sell.

Hey OP - how on earth did you find this? Searching from the best buy site for it yields nothing, yet your link is still active (and thanks BTW - ordered for pick up tomoz).

I went hunting for more bargains - but cannot see how you found this......

Tried to do in store pickup today but when I got there it turned out they didn't actually have any and the website lied to me. So, they told me to come back Saturday and they'll try and grab one from another best buy in the area.

Ordered one for in-store pickup from the Woodland Hills, CA location, after picking it up i went to my car and decided to open it up before leaving and the inside was falling apart, all the glue was coming off. I went back in try to get and exchange and they told me they couldn't do it for 2 hours because that's how long it takes for their system to update. I decided I'll just get another from the shelf since they had like 15 there, i had to look for the best one because they all looked beat up.

[quote name='tactician26']Believe it or not but when I opened the second of the two that I picked up, There was an actual renegade edition turntable inside( shiny black w/ gold trim). I was estatic until I found ou that it was the 360 version, I'm a Pswii owner. The only thing is, it didn't come with a dongle... Open for trades/sell.[/QUOTE]The 360 versions don't require a dongle for wireless. Interestingly, the one I picked up had the dongle included for the PS2/PS3 version.

Like a few others had stated here, mine was clearly used. The top was dusty and had a few minor scratches and the aluminum accent pieces had some slight dents and scratches. The dongle even looked heavily used. The feet of the legs also looked like they had quite a bit of dust on it. Disappointing, yes, but it's only $5. The other ones at the store were stocked on the floor unpackaged, so I'm assuming they all were used/dinged up.

The Crabtree Best Buy in Raleigh, NC has a bunch of these in stock. They are apparently all in the back tho. One guy was nice enough to search through for a couple of "not-as-dinged-up" cases for me.

[quote name='gripper']Hey OP - how on earth did you find this? Searching from the best buy site for it yields nothing, yet your link is still active (and thanks BTW - ordered for pick up tomoz).

I went hunting for more bargains - but cannot see how you found this......[/QUOTE]

I was looking for a deal on a DJ Hero 2 bundle for someone, and I knew Best Buy was giving away a free stand, so I decided to check out the website. On the Xbox 360 page, at the bottom, there was a promo link for the free stand with a bundle purchase. The link led me to the page with the deal, where the price for the case was $4.99. I was glad to find a decent bargain for the CAG community that provides me with deals all the time.

Since people are buying this how do they ship? My building sucks for big usps packages and have to walk almost a mile to get these at the office. It would not be a problem if they were always there during biz hours. They tend to hardly ever be there and sick of going down a few times a day to see they are still out for lunch for 3 hours.... So does anyone know what method they ship these by? I tend to pay more to get the ups or fedex only options now.

I already have one case and two more are on the way, for delivery, so that matches up with each controller that I own.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Don't know why, but I ordered one case for store pick up and the other ship to my home. So this will make three Renegade cases I have. I Told my friend about it and he decided to order four and he already owns three.[/QUOTE]

But like your friend, I'm thinking of grabbing another case in the event that I get another controller. Have DJ 1 & 2 for the 360 and DJ 1 for Wii. If the price drops far enough on DJ 2, I could see myself doubledipping on a Wii version and end up with two controllers per system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with delivery only to see if I get them in better shape than what's in-store. Got a case when I ordered the DJ2 deal and while it was the best one they had, the metal trim had a few dents

[quote name='McNutsack']So, are these all supposed to be USED? People keep complaining about in-store pickup being used product. Do you think if we buy online and have it shipped it'll be used too? [/QUOTE]

I don't think these are used. I remember seeing the stack of cases when DJ 2 was released. Only they were still in their individual cardboard box and had one case out as a display.

A week later the cases were pulled from the boxes so there was no more protection as they got moved around the store. I've seen the stack all over the store; going from electronics, to the front, to some upper shelves as well as getting pulled from the floor.

I said to myself hey it is only $5 or so bones if it ships usps i will tell the office to keep it if it comes usps. Muahahaha

Thanks for the post i plan on using this for my steering wheel for racing games.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I said to myself hey it is only $5 or so bones if it ships usps i will tell the office to keep it if it comes usps. Muahahaha

Thanks for the post i plan on using this for my steering wheel for racing games.[/QUOTE]

Mine's shipping UPS, got a tracking number & everything... YMMV?

Backordered, but I'm in for one. I'm curious to see/feel it in person, and free shipping on this 14lb Windows 56 Whopper of a case sounds well worth the $5 admission. Thanks, OP.

tactician26: finding a Renegade Turntable inside = a winner is you, sir!

Thanks op! I was gonna bite at $29 a few weeks ago, but I talked myself out of it because I know I won't keep taking the legs off and storing it proper. This will take up more room, but I can't resist at this price.

Picked one of these up in-store right next to my office building after work yesterday. Was damn near in perfect condition other than a small indent of the case near the bottom. Works like a charm after trying it out with the RB3 keyboard last night.

I bought the renegade edition of DJ Hero last year. Yes, I'm "That guy". That said, it's a great game, and I've enjoyed mine. $5 is a great price if you love this game.

OMG, this is a monster! I just picked one up from the store... It's freaking heavy! I should have it shipped when it was still available. For $5? It's crazy! You can use it for laptops :lol:

Ok Just got back from Manassas, VA best buy. There were like 6 of them, most of them had dings and dents. I got 2 of them that weren't too bad. Got some serious lip by the media supervisor for him thinking I was making the 4.99 price up til I showed him the sku number. He kept on saying "They are not 4.99!!", then goes to say "they are free when you buy the game..."....I turned around and said, "Your more than welcome to sell it to me for a penny" . After he checked the price in his system he backed off and walked away in shame. Sure I could have been a real asshole and bought all 6 of them but one I don't hoard and these things are heavy! :|

Has anybody gotten theirs in the mail yet? I just checked my order status. Its shipping UPS....and it says there are 2 packages. Wtf? Is this thing really that big that they needed to take it apart or some shit?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Has anybody gotten theirs in the mail yet? I just checked my order status. Its shipping UPS....and it says there are 2 packages. Wtf? Is this thing really that big that they needed to take it apart or some shit?[/QUOTE]

it's big and heavy. trust me.

Took me three different store pick-up tries and finally found two at one store. Got there and they couldn't find mine but there was some other guy's that had been pulled (CAG?). Finally found mine and they were nice with only a few scuffs. Will now attempt to retrofit one for possible RB/GH storage. Thanks OP.

Used in-store pickup, only took 35 minutes. :roll:

Both were pretty badly beat up. One had a big scrape all across the cover. The other must have been hit really hard because it deformed the metal frame. I was okay with the cosmetic damage, but some of the foam was missing from the dented one. Luckily I checked it before leaving. Had them pull another. I think it was the last one.

Thanks, OP!

just got two from my best buy. these puppies are awesome, will use for my arcade sticks, super sturdy.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']do guitar hero / rock band guitars fit? wouldn't mind having something to carry some of my guitars in[/QUOTE]

Haha, it's for carrying a small turntable...
Comparethe turntable to a guitar, and you should have your answer :D

just got back from my local BB here in Downey, CA they had 2 on the floor marked at $4.98 grabbed one the cashier was like damn that's a good price :D opened it up a little scuffs here and there nothing too bad cut some of the foam inside and it know holds my Rock Band 3 keyboard :)

[quote name='McNutsack']Haha, it's for carrying a small turntable...
Comparethe turntable to a guitar, and you should have your answer :D[/QUOTE]

lol I kind of thought it might fit if I snapped the neck off and put it as 2 parts...guess I should wait till the one I ordered comes in

Man, I picked up my in-store order today and got my 2 stands in the cardboard boxes. First, I didn't realize how big the boxes or the stands were. Second, I didn't realize how damn cheap the stands are and I'm glad I only spent $5 + tax on them. I will probably return one of them because its latch is kinda loose.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']do guitar hero / rock band guitars fit? wouldn't mind having something to carry some of my guitars in[/QUOTE]

Um, ignore the other response you got. It basically fit the user's name. :cool:

This isn't a dumb question. The case is certainly big enough. The standard GH5 controller easily fits up to the yellow button, with good clearance on both sides. And it's deep enough that you could take off the neck and store it under the guitar. The problem is the legs. They are large and hollow and take up most of the bottom half of the space. But if you took out most of the padding and add in much thinner pieces, you might be able to fit the guitar on top and the legs/neck below. ;)

Is bestbuy good on their words with shipping stuff once it's out of backorder? I got it just a bit too late and can't really do a in store pick up at the moment.

[quote name='Caj814']Is bestbuy good on their words with shipping stuff once it's out of backorder? I got it just a bit too late and can't really do a in store pick up at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Want to know the same thing, ordered two when they were back ordered. Looks like you can't even place an order on them know.

bread's done
Back