DJ MAX 2 - sequel to the GREATEST PSP game!! $49.90 3/30/07; + limited edition set!

[quote name='pete5883']So a funny thing happened... I tried the demo for this game again, and after a dozen tries or so, beat the song. Pretty fun, but it seems that a game like this would be a lot harder to get used to than, say, Guitar Hero, Amplitude, or a rhythm game of that sort, since it's kind of hard to mentally line up which button corresponds to which column. And the right arrow/square combination column makes things hard to keep straight. But I will probably pick one of them up eventually.[/quote]
That was just a bad choice on the devloper's part for a demo song.

There are easier five key songs and 4 key mode is even easier (which should have been the demo). And honestly, some of the songs almost become button mashing affairs. Guitar Hero is better in that regard. But you will enjoy this game a lot. You can still have a lot of fun even if you can only play 4 key mode well. A better game than Beatmania in the US.

I just spent $40+ on new shirts at seibei.com...

but it's not enough!!

despite the fact that I aint got enough money...

whatever! so with the play-asia sale goin on rite now, and if I only have to choose one,

do I get Syriana (black)

pa.93519.2.jpg

or NB Rangers (white)

pa.93522.4.jpg

link to apparel here: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-lo-49-en.html

what to do?!?!?!

I went with Syriana myself. The black and white color scheme just seemed much cooler to me. Although I can't believe I just spent that much on a t-shirt.

I would still love to pick this game and Bleach4 up on the cheap. Even with the PlayAsia sale right now its a bit more than I want to spend :(

[quote name='blackjaw']I would still love to pick this game and Bleach4 up on the cheap. Even with the PlayAsia sale right now its a bit more than I want to spend :([/quote]

And you most likely will never get a better price than this.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I want that Syriana shirt, but if I spend anymore money I'm going to be living in the street.[/quote]

With a Syriana shirt on.

I took a DJ break since getting like 5 more new games. Actually not a bad thing cause that game is addicting as a mofo.

I couldnt go home this weekend becoz there was a big fire and the freeway was closed...

more importantly, I couldnt pick up my paychecks (which my company mails to me... hella dumb)

:(

and now the Syriana shirt (size L) is sold out :(

thanks to that, the NB Ranger shirt seems less appealing (becoz u always want what u cant have, lol)

[quote name='JEKKI']I couldnt go home this weekend becoz there was a big fire and the freeway was closed...

more importantly, I couldnt pick up my paychecks (which my company mails to me... hella dumb)

:(

and now the Syriana shirt (size L) is sold out :(

thanks to that, the NB Ranger shirt seems less appealing (becoz u always want what u cant have, lol)[/quote]

That blows dude :twoguns:

I was planning on getting DJ Max 1 but that's on back-order now :/

I've been eyeing that Syriana shirt as well, but just like other over-priced stores (This means you, Hot Topic/Urban Outfitters

lol I useta work at Urban.

I went back to visit like a month ago and bought a pair of pants and was like "damn I miss my discount"

40% man!! I was all over designer jeans n shyt!!

and no, my staffing agency does not do direct deposit... but now I'm getting hired by the company so that might change :)

[quote name='JEKKI']lol I useta work at Urban.

I went back to visit like a month ago and bought a pair of pants and was like "damn I miss my discount"

40% man!! I was all over designer jeans n shyt!!

and no, my staffing agency does not do direct deposit... but now I'm getting hired by the company so that might change :)[/quote]

That's cool dude. 40% is a hella discount !:O

I have a cousin who used to work at footlocker and she had a pretty good employee discount too, only problem was I waited too long I guess and when I asked her if she could pick up some Nike's for me she told me she was already working at another store :/

Kinda blows since I could've had at least 5-6 new pairs of shoes at a CAG price :-({|=

On a DJ Max note, I just got back into it and have gotten 5% better lol. I still have problems with Blythe on 6B/8B, the whole repitition segment "tires me out" in the sense that I want the pattern to change and I have no idea why :bomb:

bump for great bragging rights!

thanks to sum dood in Game Deals forums for the $5 play-asia coupon, I saved me $5 of these:

1696475243_36ce5d2e43.jpg

maaan wtf is that?? that's just a bag and shyt!!

nah man, it's what's inside the bag that counts.

1697323084_690327f606.jpg

o crap! it's the great unveiling! great indeed.

1697326534_1c41f8b25c.jpg

knockem out the bag JEKKI! knock em out JEKKI!

them's all a size L and fit rather great!! (better than sum other shirts from Korea I got...)

most size L on play-asia is sold out now (only NB Rangers available, XL still available)

all I need now is an iron... one day!!

I was wondering where this thread went. I haven't played much of the game in a while, but I did play it quite a bit like a week ago. I full comboed shit like Seoliem hard style (6 button) and in the Link Disc mode, I managed to beat a lot of difficult songs like Oblivion Rockin' Night Style's hard mode on 6 button and FEAR's hard mode on 6 button.

Bump because I just picked up DJ Max 1. This game has one hell of a learning curve. Holy shit. I can't even beat a difficulty 5 song on Easy.

[quote name='Rocko']Bump because I just picked up DJ Max 1. This game has one hell of a learning curve. Holy shit. I can't even beat a difficulty 5 song on Easy.[/quote]

Just keep on working at it. I improved noticeably but very gradually.

Also, just got confirmation from Play Asia that my DJ Max 2 shipped the other day. Looking forward to more late nights playing DJ Max instead of sleeping!

Nice Jekki! I wanted those shirts but never got around to ordering them. Now I can't "catch em all!" :(

[quote name='metaly']Just keep on working at it. I improved noticeably but very gradually.

Also, just got confirmation from Play Asia that my DJ Max 2 shipped the other day. Looking forward to more late nights playing DJ Max instead of sleeping![/quote]

Jeaaa, even though I unlocked 8-key mode and everything, I still stick to 4-5 key mode cuz my reflexes just aren't that good right now :/

oh yea, make sure that the PSP you're going to play it on is the PSP you will have for years to come, b/c you can't transfer the saves from one PSP to another. I learned that the hard way :'(

[quote name='Inf^Shini']

oh yea, make sure that the PSP you're going to play it on is the PSP you will have for years to come, b/c you can't transfer the saves from one PSP to another. I learned that the hard way :'([/QUOTE]
I learned the hard way too. I cried myself to sleep that night...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Nice Jekki! I wanted those shirts but never got around to ordering them. Now I can't "catch em all!" :(

Jeaaa, even though I unlocked 8-key mode and everything, I still stick to 4-5 key mode cuz my reflexes just aren't that good right now :/

oh yea, make sure that the PSP you're going to play it on is the PSP you will have for years to come, b/c you can't transfer the saves from one PSP to another. I learned that the hard way :'([/QUOTE]

Why is that, it doesnt just save on the mem card? Does it put something onto the system memory?

I believe it has to do with the fact that it has online. It pairs the save files with the PSP. Tekken DR does the same thing, which I also learned the hard way...

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I believe it has to do with the fact that it has online. It pairs the save files with the PSP. Tekken DR does the same thing, which I also learned the hard way...[/quote]
Tekken too?!?

At least it's on the PS3, guess I'll pick that up then, hopefully some temp price drop on it soon :/

I have no idea why they locked the saves on DJ Max 2, maybe it is for the online play, but still, that blows. I spent at least 70-80 hours on the game, now it's back to square one :cry:

DJ Max 2 just arrived today, and wooo. It's humbling having to go back to 4 button so I can learn the songs without getting clobbered. Looking forward to trying link disc later.

Also, that totally sucks about saves being locked to your PSP. So much for getting a PSP slim.

How does the online work in this? I noticed what looked like a win/loss record next to my profile, but I haven't actually picked the online mode yet.

[quote name='metaly']DJ Max 2 just arrived today, and wooo. It's humbling having to go back to 4 button so I can learn the songs without getting clobbered. Looking forward to trying link disc later.

Also, that totally sucks about saves being locked to your PSP. So much for getting a PSP slim.

How does the online work in this? I noticed what looked like a win/loss record next to my profile, but I haven't actually picked the online mode yet.[/QUOTE]

You find any good deals you care to share with me?

[quote name='blackjaw']You find any good deals you care to share with me?[/quote]

I'm not sure I follow. If you're asking where I got it, it was $50 on Play Asia. Not really a deal, but considering how much I expect to play this, it's a bargain.

so what happens when you try to play in a new PSP with an old mem card??

does it just not read the save or something??

coz I wanna buy a slim tomorrow...

It knows you have a save file, but you have to restart. It gives you a message that says you played the game in a different PSP before and you can either start a new save file, or just not save. Pretty much BS if you ask me, but what can you do? At least it's an awesome game.

Just got my copy from Play-Asia yesterday. Really awesome, I'm glad I finally purchased this after playing it off the memory stick for long. I like having the UMD and the case. :)

I just started getting good enough at playing the game to clear some 6 button levels. Freaking awesome, it feels like you "level up" your skills the more you play!

With the full game you can start out on easy and work your way up, so don't let the demo turn you away. DJMP1&2 are my favorite PSP games, no contest.

[quote name='briandadude']The demo is stupid hard, doesn't seem like very much fun for $50.[/QUOTE]

It takes practice. This is one of my favorite games ever. I thought it was hard as balls too when I first started. The game seriously does because easier the more you play. I love the music in the game, they have some AWESOME songs.

I didn't touch 5 or 6 Button mode until I've been playing the game for at least a month. But once you get good at playing the game it's freaking awesome and addicting.

If you're into music games you definitely want to stick with it. This game has a very steep learning curve, but it's worth it once you get into it. This game will make you see other people playing Guitar Hero and think they're pussys.

[quote name='briandadude']The demo is stupid hard, doesn't seem like very much fun for $50.[/quote]

I ended up buying DJ Max 2 from Play-Asia. Folks, this game rocks.

Do yourself a favor, register at strikebang.com, post 5 replies, get a $10 off $50 purchase coupon, get this game along with some $.99 candy, and get ready for a button-smashing good time.

[quote name='briandadude']I ended up buying DJ Max 2 from Play-Asia. Folks, this game rocks.[/quote]

That's awesome to hear. Glad the demo didn't end up turning you away.

bread's done
Back