DJ MAX 2 - sequel to the GREATEST PSP game!! $49.90 3/30/07; + limited edition set!

[quote name='reiji']Yeah, you'll need to keep your UMD for the first game though. (can't imagine why anyone would sell it!) There's a menu option that asks you to insert the UMD for DJ Max 1, then it loads up all the songs from the 1st game into the new interface.[/quote]

Cool. I'm gonna get both now!

DMP2 does not touch DMP1 game saves.

In link disc mode you can choose 4,6,8 buttons. (Not 5)
ALL 65 are available. No clue if you bought the gimped Intl. version.
Completing songs will add them to the collection screen under "Albums" so you need to beat all the DMP1 songs in DMP2 to get 100%.
You also unlock some characters from the songs and the music to play in the OST mode.
There's no visualizations outside of standard crap.

So Link Mode is pretty thorough. The reason the vids have to be abandoned is because the original game needs to keep as much in memory as possible to remember the new changes. It can't simply re-access them as you don't have the DMP2 UMD in there anymore.

Has anyone noticed some FPS slowdown in some songs?

I was playing one in 4B, I forget the song, but there was a segment where you were hitting some buttons as you hold another one down, and the framerates seemed to skip a bit, making it a little choppy.
EDIT: I believe the song was Dream Of You

So far, my favorite song in this game is Mess It Up :D, I love that rhythm, reminds me of some bumpin jazz ;)

Another one that was really cool to play to was Nano Risk, had me goin' the whole time ;O

So far I've only been able to get up to x3 with the fever system.

[quote name='reiji']Yeah, you'll need to keep your UMD for the first game though. (can't imagine why anyone would sell it!) There's a menu option that asks you to insert the UMD for DJ Max 1, then it loads up all the songs from the 1st game into the new interface.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I get it... and no, I wouldn't even consider selling DJ Max 1.

[quote name='reiji']Yeah, you'll need to keep your UMD for the first game though. (can't imagine why anyone would sell it!) There's a menu option that asks you to insert the UMD for DJ Max 1, then it loads up all the songs from the 1st game into the new interface.[/QUOTE]that's so dumb, then what's the point?!?!

it's like you consume more time in order to play songs w/o video when u could jus pop in djmax1 to begin with.

[quote name='JEKKI']that's so dumb, then what's the point?!?!

it's like you consume more time in order to play songs w/o video when u could jus pop in djmax1 to begin with.[/quote]

It's all for the sake of unlocking stuff in DJ Max 2, plus you get to play all the songs, whether or not you unlocked them.

I'm not one for downloading saved games, unless I have no alternative :/

Ok...here are some pics of the Metallic Silver LE set.

I'll do the Midnight Black when I find some more free time.

silver_1.jpg

silver_2.jpg

silver_3.jpg

silver_4.jpg

Here are a couple of the Visual Book:

book_1.jpg

book_2.jpg

book_3.jpg

book_4JPG.jpg

book_5.jpg

[quote name='Inf^Shini']No Prob :)

know what I like? The Duck :D[/quote]

Word. It's all about that duck.

Wanna hear something sad guys? I want a DJ Max 3 just so I can have another chance at getting a limited edition set. That is just too good and clearly worth the money now.

*claps*

[quote name='FurryCurry']Word. It's all about that duck.

Wanna hear something sad guys? I want a DJ Max 3 just so I can have another chance at getting a limited edition set. That is just too good and clearly worth the money now.

*claps*[/quote]

You want one? I have two of each LE set ^^

It was just because I knew it was gonna be SO FRIGGIN AWESOME! :D

The artbook looks amazing. Now I regret not ordering when I had the chance :cry:

Thanks for the pics Inf^Shini, it's nice to be able to see exactly what's in the LE set.

I think I also have a red one, interesting :O

Just a note on the DJ Max Poster, I ordered one along with another game and they just made a partial shipment. Apparently although it says will ship within 24 hrs., mine has a set date of April 10 >.>

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You want one? I have two of each LE set ^^

It was just because I knew it was gonna be SO FRIGGIN AWESOME! :D[/quote]

Still no money for it (I'm sure you want like $150 for it)

couldn't help it, got the game and poster from play-asia. $60 shipped after coupon. i think this is the most expensive game i've ever purchased for any system (maybe tied with wind waker i preordered at full price.) I had a tough time with the price, but all the talk and video footage got me too excited not to buy it. Such is the life of a CAG :cool:

I ordered the first game at the start of CRAZY WEEK (should be here any day now), so it might be a while before I get around to the second. I just wanted to say: Wow, the new box art is ugly. I wonder why the change?

[quote name='FurryCurry']Still no money for it (I'm sure you want like $150 for it)[/QUOTE]
Uhh, I spent $200 after shipping, so $150 would be a bargain.

Some of them are long, like Brandnew Days o_O

Some are just too short, like Yo Creo Que Si :(
I loved how they broke it down at the end and I expected it to go longer but then it just ended. It's a good song, they cut it too short :O

I popped DJ Max 1 in, and I was finally able to rack up 95% average to play the bonus CnP song. It's pretty cool, but you don't get anything for completing it, it's just for fun. I was happy, after trying for awhile, I finally got to play it :D

I've mainly been playing 4B just because I wanna complete all the songs without any breaks.

I've done some 5B and 6B. Oddly enough, I find 6B easier than 5B. After some improvement, I went back to DJ Max 1 and cleared a couple 6B songs that gave me trouble :D

I'm enjoying the fever system, and the missions are a nice little addition.

Anyone notice if the challenges show up randomly or if there are some requirements to get them to show up? I see them once in a while and wonder what makes them show up.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']You want one? I have two of each LE set ^^

It was just because I knew it was gonna be SO FRIGGIN AWESOME! :D[/QUOTE]

How much for the night black set? PM me please.

I gotta pretty dope shipment of mail when I got home today:

five PSP faceplates and a small takoyaki wall scroll.

but still no DJ Max Portable 2 :(

when will it come?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[quote name='JEKKI']I gotta pretty dope shipment of mail when I got home today:

five PSP faceplates and a small takoyaki wall scroll.

but still no DJ Max Portable 2 :(

when will it come?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?![/quote]
I FINALLY my NIGHT BLACK today! fuckin' A. WHEEE!! Time to get rollin' :D.

I got mine standard edition~!!!!

2.82 FW too~!!! I can play it!!

but it didnt come with any postcards like I thought it would :( ....

[quote name='JEKKI']I got mine standard edition~!!!!

2.82 FW too~!!! I can play it!!

but it didnt come with any postcards like I thought it would :( ....[/QUOTE]

The poster and postcards are inside the jigsaw puzzle box. The face mask is underneath the black liner on the bottom of the box.

Hmm... there's not as many songs in this as I would've liked... granted, what's there is really good. I've finished all songs on 6 button mode that I've unlocked and most of the Hard/MX versions... perhaps there is no 8 button mode?

[quote name='M3wThr33']The poster and postcards are inside the jigsaw puzzle box. The face mask is underneath the black liner on the bottom of the box.[/quote]

He bought the standard edition.

Earlier, they were talking about the possibility of the standard version coming with a set of postcards since they were pictured with the game in a promo.

Chacrana, Mess It Up is my 2nd fav song next to Yo Creo Que Si ;O

I find IKARUS fun to play, and I've been gettin my butt kicked on Blythe on 6B mode, I have no idea why. My fingers just stop moving in some parts and I'm like Wtf?!?!

There is an 8B mode, and I'll quote another member on Gamefaqs -

" In normal difficulty raise your play count up to around 250 to 300.

In hard difficulty you will unlock it soon.
(I am not sure how to unlock exactly though)

In easy difficulty you cannot unlock 8B.
(At least no one has done it yet)

You can count it manually from Collection -> Album mode.

Just play, play, play and it will be unlocked someday.

It is going to take some time though.
(I am lv86 and still could not unlock Syriana which is unlocked in count 390...maybe this is because I played XC Challenge a lot)

Songs played in XC Challenge does not add up to play count, and it is said that song played in link disc mode does not add up as well, but I am not sure."

The thread is here --> 8B Mode

What lvl are you on? :O

I've been able to hit x4 in fever a couple times, but have yet to reach x5 :/
It keeps dissapearing everytime I'm getting close >.>

I think I'm on lvl 5 rite now, didnt play too much... I dont even kno exactly what fever does yet.

I got headphones so I can play at work during break, but instead I'm browsing CAG rite now -_-

gotta check out those Fry deals so I kno to stop by or not ^_^b

im about to break lvl 17, just started on 5b to unlock songs for use in freestyle. i put in my 4b ranking passwork just for kicks, ranked at an abyssmal #816 haha :lol:

the fever system is a nice addition but I usually get a break while trying to hit X during a stream of notes on 5b an 6b. Trying to get used to using the R shoulder button as the fever button.

also stumbled across this on the Gamefaqs boards, nb rangers live in store and on street advertising campaign lol

http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=15379&main=psp

bread's done
Back