DJ MAX 2 - sequel to the GREATEST PSP game!! $49.90 3/30/07; + limited edition set!

I got my copy of the regular version today and man... there really were a ton of edits in the International version. One that stood out as being funny to me was how in the original version, there's a song where some martial artist beats up a bunch of black people with afros... they changed that to generic looking AZNs in the International version. I laughed, which probably makes me racist.

Haven't unlocked the song that makes fun of George Bush yet, unfortunately... but this is definitely the version to have.

Play-Asia annouced their price for the limited edition set...

*drum roll*

$149.99

Honestly not bad considering the work they probably had to go through to secure some.

I want to bite so bad but after $28 UPS shipping it's $177.99! If someone on CAG picks one up, could you hook me up with MP3s of the Trinity Soundtrack?

i just pre-ordered one black and one silver :) 500 of each worldwide is extremely limited. this will be a nice collector's item to hold onto.

[quote name='iamthekiller']i just pre-ordered one black and one silver :) 500 of each worldwide is extremely limited. this will be a nice collector's item to hold onto.[/quote]

Whoa, how did you pre-order them, it's not even open yet on play-asia's website

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Whoa, how did you pre-order them, it's not even open yet on play-asia's website[/QUOTE]

wow.. weird. i was on there this morning and each color was available for a couple of hours. i pre-ordered and got my order confirmation. maybe pre-orders are closed now?

406925836_4abd2ee76c_o.jpg

[quote name='iamthekiller']wow.. weird. i was on there this morning and each color was available for a couple of hours. i pre-ordered and got my order confirmation. maybe pre-orders are closed now?[/quote]

Aww wtf? o_O

It just says pre-orders are coming soon. I keep watching this, and pre-orders open while I'm asleep at 5 AM, then close when I wake up at 8 AM >.>

Dammit

ha, i had an extra window open on another computer from when i was ordering. i edited the above post to include a screenshot.

you must be on the west coast. it was up roughly between 9:30-10:30am eastern :)

[quote name='iamthekiller']wow.. weird. i was on there this morning and each color was available for a couple of hours. i pre-ordered and got my order confirmation. maybe pre-orders are closed now?

406925836_4abd2ee76c_o.jpg
[/quote]

Just wow, I don't care if it's $149 as long as I can pre-order the damn thing and get it!

I'm lookin to grab the black and silver as well

Hey wait, does it still show the pre order available for you? Or does it say pre orders opening soon?

yea right now it says "Announced - Preorders opening soon"

that screenshot is from another computer that i just left the product page open. if i refresh on that computer it will show what you see now.

figure the game is $50, and the collector's items inside look really nice. that and a limited run of 500 for each color on an awesome game.. worth it to me :)

oh yea, i also signed up for that personal agent notification feature to email me when it's in stock. i even had an email forward setup to be sent to my phone so i'd know right away, haha. odd thing is that the personal agent didn't even work and i didn't get an email. i just happened to check it in the morning

here's the weird part

Weird-DJMAXorder.jpg

IT still shows the prices but I click and it says pre orders coming soon.

Guess I'll have to watch this every five minutes today just to get in.

Yea, I never saw an e-mail from the agent as well :eek:

[quote name='iamthekiller']I don't even see it in the related items area on either the black or silver page, haha.[/quote]

I hope they cancel your order and say it was a mistake >:O

J/K, but damn, I hope it doesn't happen again, I keep checking every day for pre orders, I turn my back on the computer THEN it comes up. I come back and it's already closed again.

This sux :mad:

Seriously, if you get another crack at it, pre order one of each for me too :)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I hope they cancel your order and say it was a mistake >:O

J/K, but damn, I hope it doesn't happen again, I keep checking every day for pre orders, I turn my back on the computer THEN it comes up. I come back and it's already closed again.

This sux :mad:

Seriously, if you get another crack at it, pre order one of each for me too :)[/QUOTE]

haha i've been checking just as often as you.. that'll teach you to turn off your computer or ever sleep ;)

if i can order another couple i will.

[quote name='iamthekiller']haha i've been checking just as often as you.. that'll teach you to turn off your computer or ever sleep ;)

if i can order another couple i will.[/quote]
Yea man, if you do, I'll for sure buy em off ya. That IS if I don't get a shot at em first.

I got a couple $5 coupons I saved for this xD

Watch, this is gonna be worse than the release of the nex gen consoles. OOS in less than 30 seconds! lol

I gotta say though, they both look friggin sweet! :drool:

[quote name='iamthekiller']i just pre-ordered one black and one silver :) 500 of each worldwide is extremely limited. this will be a nice collector's item to hold onto.[/QUOTE]got damn richie rich!!!

that's too much for my unemployed ass...

but what sucks is, can u really play the game????

I mean, the only reason to buy it is to keep the package crisp as hell, or to sell it later.

in the end, u will have to buy another stand alone game.

unless you're CRAZY!

[quote name='JEKKI']got damn richie rich!!!

that's too much for my unemployed ass...

but what sucks is, can u really play the game????

I mean, the only reason to buy it is to keep the package crisp as hell, or to sell it later.

in the end, u will have to buy another stand alone game.

unless you're CRAZY![/quote]

Of course you can play the game ;)

It's a music game, no language barrier there :D

I've only bought one LE package that was more expensive, and it was the SF 3rd Strike LE for PS2. $160 or $170 I believe :O

yea i think he just means that it would be a shame to open the sealed package. good question - guess i'll have to wait and see if i can keep one or both sealed.

Well they know the public will eat this up if they publicize that only 500 pcs of each will be available.

They bank on a LE set plus the scarcity of the item. It's all economics :O, and it sucks

But I'm still in for one of each cuz they're so damn cool!

anyone have a $5 off coupon so i can knock the price down a little? =[

edit: well placed my order for the black version. i'll probably just keep it seal and such unless i can open the game without ruining the other package items. =] hope this is worth it, cuz i never spend that much on a game.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea it's verified :eek:, pre orders are back up! YAY!

*Blocks all other buyers and takes it all*[/QUOTE]

nice, glad you got in! i cancelled my original pre-order just now and re-ordered because i saw that if you go to the silver set, there's a button to "buy with" the black version to save $8 on the combo.

[quote name='iamthekiller']nice, glad you got in! i cancelled my original pre-order just now and re-ordered because i saw that if you go to the silver set, there's a button to "buy with" the black version to save $8 on the combo.[/quote]
AHHH SHIT! I forgot about buying in a combo >:O

*cancels and re-orders*

Friggin A, I just blew a coupon on my last order without realizing the $8 combo.

you can probably email them to apply the coupon from the cancelled order to the new one. play-asia is always very helpful with stuff like that.

[quote name='iamthekiller']you can probably email them to apply the coupon from the cancelled order to the new one. play-asia is always very helpful with stuff like that.[/quote]

mmmm, kk.

I'll probably ask them about the KOF Impact 2 poster that never came 8 months ago :mad:.....hmmm, maybe they'll give me another discount :D

How long do you think the pre-orders will stay open? I'll give it a week max

ahhh~! black sold out, but white currently available.

whatever.... I can't do it!!!!

I had to spend $150 today to pay back my monthly student loans, and that's $150 from money I've been saving!!!

maybe when I get a job and have more money, I will buy this at an inflated ebay price,

but until then u guys gotta take a lot of pictures for me!!!!

[quote name='JEKKI']ahhh~! black sold out, but white currently available.

whatever.... I can't do it!!!!

I had to spend $150 today to pay back my monthly student loans, and that's $150 from money I've been saving!!!

maybe when I get a job and have more money, I will buy this at an inflated ebay price,

but until then u guys gotta take a lot of pictures for me!!!![/quote]
Will do man, sorry you couldn't get in on this. Just a note, you can place your order with a debit/credit card and they won't charge you until it ships out March 30. So you can place an order right now and make sure to have enough by then when they charge you.

That's my plan ;)

Damn personal agent doesn't work. I knew I should have been checking the actual product page every once in a while.

[quote name='spidey']Damn personal agent doesn't work. I knew I should have been checking the actual product page every once in a while.[/quote]

Yea, ever since iamthekiller said he pre-ordered one of each, I was eyeing this ALL DAY. O_O ALLLLLL....DAAAYYYYY...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea, ever since iamthekiller said he pre-ordered one of each, I was eyeing this ALL DAY. O_O ALLLLLL....DAAAYYYYY...[/QUOTE]

I had a tab open on my browser ever since the product page was added on Play-Asia and I would refresh it every day. God knows why I closed the tab and forgot all about it.

[quote name='spidey']I had a tab open on my browser ever since the product page was added on Play-Asia and I would refresh it every day. God knows why I closed the tab and forgot all about it.[/quote]

Well the metallic silver LE is still available for pre-order...I got both cuz I'm a sucker for this stuff, and probably will never have a shot at it for this price ever again ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Well the metallic silver LE is still available for pre-order...I got both cuz I'm a sucker for this stuff, and probably will never have a shot at it for this price ever again ;)[/QUOTE]

Although I do want the LE package, I have to say I don't want the silver edition. As much as I would love to pick it up, I would feel bad spending so much money and knowing that it wasn't my first choice. Oh well.

[quote name='spidey']Although I do want the LE package, I have to say I don't want the silver edition. As much as I would love to pick it up, I would feel bad spending so much money and knowing that it wasn't my first choice. Oh well.[/quote]

Yea, although I'm happy I pre-ordered both, I had this little conversation in my head: "Congrats dude, you just got both! Ya coulda had a Wii with how much you spent, or new shocks for your car, but hey, you were the man and went for two LE's your probably gonna have somewhere just sittin pretty! Great job man! ;)"

Haha, I'm still diggin the LE's though :D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea, although I'm happy I pre-ordered both, I had this little conversation in my head: "Congrats dude, you just got both! Ya coulda had a Wii with how much you spent, or new shocks for your car, but hey, you were the man and went for two LE's your probably gonna have somewhere just sittin pretty! Great job man! ;)"

Haha, I'm still diggin the LE's though :D[/QUOTE]

The conversation thats going on in my head sounds a little like:

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck, why did I stop checking the product page like I did for the last god knows how long, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

:lol:

Now I have to hope that PA gets their hands on one more and emails me about the availability (like they were supposed to earlier) :)

[quote name='spidey']The conversation thats going on in my head sounds a little like:

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck, why did I stop checking the product page like I did for the last god knows how long, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

:lol:

Now I have to hope that PA gets their hands on one more and emails me about the availability (like they were supposed to earlier) :)[/quote]
Well I did pre-order one and then cancel, then ordered it again to get $8 off with the combo of both of em, so did iamthekiller. The system probably marked them as taken still, hopefully they become available again. You could probably try and e-mail play-asia about it, asking them if any pre-orders were cancelled and if you could take that pre-order instead.

Hopefully that works.

I'm not BSing here, I'm debating on reactivating my other order so I can flip those two on Ebay. Call me evil, but I'm pretty sure there's a high chance these would skyrocket on Ebay. Anyone by chance know how long you have to re-activate an order?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Well I did pre-order one and then cancel, then ordered it again to get $8 off with the combo of both of em, so did iamthekiller. The system probably marked them as taken still, hopefully they become available again. You could probably try and e-mail play-asia about it, asking them if any pre-orders were cancelled and if you could take that pre-order instead.

Hopefully that works.

I'm not BSing here, I'm debating on reactivating my other order so I can flip those two on Ebay. Call me evil, but I'm pretty sure there's a high chance these would skyrocket on Ebay. Anyone by chance know how long you have to re-activate an order?[/QUOTE]

DJ Max Portable 2 Orpheus Package ~Metallic Silver~ [Limited Edition]
(For Sony PSP™, Korea, No Region Protection)
*** Limited to 1 pcs per customer

Careful, looks like they're limiting each color to 1 per customer.

DJ Max Portable 2 Orpheus Package ~Metallic Silver~ [Limited Edition]
(presold) Out of print / Out of stock

DJ Max Portable 2 Orpheus Package ~Night Black~ [Limited Edition] (presold)
(presold) Out of print / Out of stock

That was quick - less than 24 hours to pre-sell out of both! I wonder how many of each they had available to begin with.

whew, well lucky that i decided to get this and put my pre-order for the night black version. i wonder how much these would go for on ebay? if it goes like double or triple, i would sell it. but its a nice display piece to a collection.

Mwaa haa haa, I placed two orders of one each. Flipping on Ebay will be a sure thing :D

Either that, or it will prove to be an awesome trade good here on CAG :)

*Bid only reaches $60...WTF?!?!?!*

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Mwaa haa haa, I placed two orders of one each. Flipping on Ebay will be a sure thing :D

Either that, or it will prove to be an awesome trade good here on CAG :)

*Bid only reaches $60...WTF?!?!?!*[/QUOTE]

you ordered only one of each color though right? it's limited to one color item per customer so they might cancel orders of more than that.

..what do you mean by bid only reaches $60?

[quote name='iamthekiller']you ordered only one of each color though right? it's limited to one color item per customer so they might cancel orders of more than that.

..what do you mean by bid only reaches $60?[/quote]

Oh the bid thing, I was just joking. ** re-enactment**

Yea, basically I just made two orders of one each.

Hopefully they take both :p. Otherwise I'll have to be creative about this :whistle2:k

[quote name='iamthekiller']i wouldn't worry, they seem like they'd do well on ebay :) i'll probably wind up selling one to help pay for the one that i keep.[/quote]

That's my intention as well, I want to get these for "free", the CAG way ;)

Ok, sorry for the double post, but I'm wondering, did anyone here get charged already???

Because I did and was NOT expecting this :(

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Well they know the public will eat this up if they publicize that only 500 pcs of each will be available.

They bank on a LE set plus the scarcity of the item. It's all economics :O, and it sucks

But I'm still in for one of each cuz they're so damn cool![/QUOTE]

I'm still mad as fuck I didn't get the Korean LE of Magna Carta for the PS2.

bread's done
Back