DJ MAX 2 - sequel to the GREATEST PSP game!! $49.90 3/30/07; + limited edition set!

man Magna Carta was the worst game ever...

I played it for like 20 minutes and sold it for more money used than I had bought it new

(thanks to fidodido~!)

Awww damn this sucks. The one time my computer gets a virus and I have to spend all day to fix it is the one day they open pre-orders. I hope they manage to get more copies.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Ok, sorry for the double post, but I'm wondering, did anyone here get charged already???

Because I did and was NOT expecting this :([/QUOTE]

I haven't been charged yet. Maybe you received an authorization charge?

Estimated shipping date: On or before Mar 16, 2007
Please note that the estimated shipping date can be exceeded in rare cases.

Your credit card ending with xxxx and expiry date xxxxx will be charged US$ 327.70 on shipping date.

March 16? I thought it was due to release March 30th.

[quote name='iamthekiller']I haven't been charged yet. Maybe you received an authorization charge?

Estimated shipping date: On or before Mar 16, 2007
Please note that the estimated shipping date can be exceeded in rare cases.

Your credit card ending with xxxx and expiry date xxxxx will be charged US$ 327.70 on shipping date.

March 16? I thought it was due to release March 30th.[/quote]

What? March 16?? Mine still says "on or before March 30"

I have a charge pending for March 5th, which isn't cool cuz I don't have the funds yet, as of now im in the negative o_O, wtf man, they could at least give some notice. Now I'm selling a load of stuff just to cover this.

Hey I wonder if this means it's getting shipped out on Monday :D

not me.

i like how this douche bag says that he's selling it from north america, unlike many of the sellers from asia.. yet he's pre-ordering it from play-asia in the first place. he even has the play-asia watermarked image, haha

[quote name='iamthekiller']not me.

i like how this douche bag says that he's selling it from north america, unlike many of the sellers from asia.. yet he's pre-ordering it from play-asia in the first place. he even has the play-asia watermarked image, haha[/quote]

Haha yea, you should also check out his Ebay ME Profile.

His link to his myspace is there, I had a few laughs over this guy

Well so far they haven't cancelled either order :p, they're both on pre-order and one gives an estimate of on or before March 19 while the other says on or before March 30.

The charge is still showing on my card though :(

Oh no way, well I guess that's some good news for me :D

Guess I'll throw one out there to see what happens also ;)

I have 2 copies of each Orpheus set :p (pre ordered of course)

MAN I can't wait for this game, I've been listening to the previews of the songs and I'm looking forward to it :D

http://www.djmax.co.kr/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh no way, well I guess that's some good news for me :D

Guess I'll throw one out there to see what happens also ;)

I have 2 copies of each Orpheus set :p (pre ordered of course)

MAN I can't wait for this game, I've been listening to the previews of the songs and I'm looking forward to it :D

http://www.djmax.co.kr/[/QUOTE]

aren't you a little nervous that come time for shipping, they're only going to send one set, since they stated there's a limit of one color per customer.. or that they'll cancel both sets? i wouldn't try to get too greedy with such a rare item

[quote name='iamthekiller']aren't you a little nervous that come time for shipping, they're only going to send one set, since they stated there's a limit of one color per customer.. or that they'll cancel both sets? i wouldn't try to get too greedy with such a rare item[/quote]

Well, I messaged Play-asia about my orders, and they didn't say anything about me not being able to process both orders. They've "pre-charged" me for my first order (The one I cancelled and re-activated), and applied $18 worth of discounts to my other order :D

So as far as I'm concerned, both will go through. I'll just throw the metallic silver one out there. I'm definitely keeping the black one. If the other two go through, awesome. They'll both end up on Ebay, or if someone here on CAG wants it, I'll be happy to deal with em first ;)

[quote name='JEKKI']man Magna Carta was the worst game ever...

I played it for like 20 minutes and sold it for more money used than I had bought it new

(thanks to fidodido~!)[/QUOTE]

Well I'd like to get the DX editions of all the Softmax games. I'm a fan of Hyun Tae Kim.

Something I've noticed -- even though I've finished close to all of the songs in DJ Max Portable 1 on 6 button, it's still fun to play on 4 button. Thanks to the fact that you're basically playing different instruments in the different iterations of the song, it's actually worthwhile to play more than one difficulty setting... very cool.

I donno... 4 key is too easy, I'd rather just listen to the song...

have u been trying to unlock everything in that game tho, Charanca???

It's too hard~!!! I do not recommend it, and I don't think anybody else does either....

if u havent, u should download the complete save file from gamefaqs and load it to your mem stick.

It will erase all your high scores, but they will all be reset back at 0 (i.e. you won't see somebody else's hi scores)

that way all artwork, songs, gears, & notes are unlocked for u and u don't have to struggle for them

[quote name='JEKKI']I donno... 4 key is too easy, I'd rather just listen to the song...

have u been trying to unlock everything in that game tho, Charanca???

It's too hard~!!! I do not recommend it, and I don't think anybody else does either....

if u havent, u should download the complete save file from gamefaqs and load it to your mem stick.

It will erase all your high scores, but they will all be reset back at 0 (i.e. you won't see somebody else's hi scores)

that way all artwork, songs, gears, & notes are unlocked for u and u don't have to struggle for them[/quote]

Well that just takes the fun out of it :(

I donno, trying to hit a 90,000 combo seems a lot more frustrating and troublesome than fun

EDIT: I saw a preview video on youtube, I donno if u guys saw it before...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l9LoQElzvM[/media]

lol one of the artists is named "Electronic Boutique"

btw I wonder if the regular edition comes w/ cards???

http://www.gamecon.co.kr/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=001010000006&search=&sort=order

dmp2_1.jpg

dmp2_2.jpg

dmp2_3.jpg

dmp2_4.jpg

posting the images from that website apparently doesnt seem to be working... unless u can somehow see them???

I totally agree with JEKKI, trying to unlock everything in DJ MAX 1 is not good.... for your health :lol:. I swear you'll develop arthritis playing and trying to beat 8B. Yeah, the pic indicates that the RE will get 10 random postcards (unlike the specifice ones Black & Silver are getting) but it's not news since it was announced the same day as the Orpheus packages ;).

Also DJ MAX 2 is playable at GDC.

LMAO at the last song preview. Farging ducks, that should be a blast :lol:

Ahhh, just got a prestige package in from toper, it's perrrttyy :D

BTW, what is this I see about a link disc between the 1st and 2nd DJ Max Portable?!?!?
I'm SO CURIOUS!

I think I will get this game

should i get the first one if i get this one? if so international or korean version?

[quote name='DJPUN']I think I will get this game

should i get the first one if i get this one? if so international or korean version?[/quote]

Yea, grab the first one...Korean Verison...period. :D

[quote name='AzN_PlaYEr']I'm not sure if this has been answered, but on ruliweb, it says that there were only (estimated) 1000 LE's released for each at 86,000 won each [about $90].

Heres the google translated site.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fruliweb.empas.com%2Fdata%2Frulinews%2Fread.htm%3Fpage%3D2%26num%3D15297%26find%3D%26ftext%3D%26main%3D&langpair=ko%7Cen&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Original
http://ruliweb.empas.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?page=2&num=15297&find=&ftext=&main=

--AzN_PlaYEr[/QUOTE]

1000? 1000? THAT'S IT?

Haha, I just got the first DJ Max in w/ the prestige pkg, and damn, after the first couple songs, I was like: "Yea, I got the hang of this!"

Sooo...I tried Oblivion and GOT MY ASS KICKED xD. I didn't even make it through 45 seconds of the song -.-....:lol:

Hey, this is in regards to the 1st DJ Max, has anyone had a problem with it hanging on any load screens just randomly?

It's hung on the load screen when I start the game up once in a while, and twice when I selected a song.

I AM using the UMD btw ;), and I'm running 3.03 OE-B if that makes a difference.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hey, this is in regards to the 1st DJ Max, has anyone had a problem with it hanging on any load screens just randomly?

It's hung on the load screen when I start the game up once in a while, and twice when I selected a song.

I AM using the UMD btw ;), and I'm running 3.03 OE-B if that makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problems as you but I was using the ISO with Devhook (hey, the day they decide to localize DJ Max I'd be the first one in line to buy a copy). I remember one of the later DevHook releases fixed the load problems, but I haven't tried playing DJ Max since updating to the OE firmware, so maybe there's problems with it again.

[quote name='norkusa']I had the same problems as you but I was using the ISO with Devhook (hey, the day they decide to localize DJ Max I'd be the first one in line to buy a copy). I remember one of the later DevHook releases fixed the load problems, but I haven't tried playing DJ Max since updating to the OE firmware, so maybe there's problems with it again.[/quote]

Yea, I heard about that problem with the ISO of it, but since I had the UMD, I'm a little concerned that it has something to do with my FW now.

If a FW update is required, guess I'll jump to 3.10 OE then.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']If a FW update is required, guess I'll jump to 3.10 OE then.[/QUOTE]

Or just try OE-C' f you're still on OE-B. I'm trying to stay away from 3.10 OE as long as possible after hearing all the negative stuff about it.

[quote name='norkusa']Or just try OE-C' f you're still on OE-B. I'm trying to stay away from 3.10 OE as long as possible after hearing all the negative stuff about it.[/quote]

That's pretty much my main reason for not jumping on board, plus I don't want to go through the trouble of flashing again >.>

[quote name='norkusa']I had the same problems as you but I was using the ISO with Devhook (hey, the day they decide to localize DJ Max I'd be the first one in line to buy a copy). I remember one of the later DevHook releases fixed the load problems, but I haven't tried playing DJ Max since updating to the OE firmware, so maybe there's problems with it again.[/QUOTE]

You know god damn well they'll never release it here, pirate.

[quote name='M3wThr33']You know god damn well they'll never release it here, pirate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really hurting sales by not paying for a game that isn't sold in my country. :roll:

Anyone else gettin their butt kicked on 6B? I'm doin fine up until the 5 difficulty, then I just get confused :roll:

I tried 8B too, just to see what it's like. I almost got through all 4 stages, but Outlaw (4th Stage) on 8B was a doozy. I tried it probly 10 times, but no dice.

the tip is to not play the game non stop.

if u dont play for a week or two, then you will not only quickly regain the skill u left off at, but also increase it.

likewise, if there's a particular song u cannot beat, dont try to beat it by playing it over and over. Play other songs instead

Heh, I sorta do that. I'll play it for a couple hours throughout the day, give it a break, then play when I want to hear the songs I like.

I got the game a couple days ago, so I'm all into it right now. I'll probably be giving this a month then jump on Dj Max 2. Then I'll switch between the two :D

Man, some of these songs just get nucking futz though -.-

Sooo JEKKI, what "skill level" are you around? I'm kinda curious as to where everyone is on Dj Max.

As for me, I've pretty much been able to easily handle all the 4B songs, except for the 10 difficulty and the notorious 12 Difficulty rendition of a song >.>

I'm done on 4B, on 6B I'm complete up to 5 stars,

I can beat most 6 and 7, but there's still a few that get me stuck.

however, last nite was my first time playing in almost a month and I was able to beat a few 6's that werent passed yet.

I almost beat an 8 as well,

so like I said dont play for a few weeks and come back, you'll get considerably better

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Anyone else gettin their butt kicked on 6B? I'm doin fine up until the 5 difficulty, then I just get confused :roll:

I tried 8B too, just to see what it's like. I almost got through all 4 stages, but Outlaw (4th Stage) on 8B was a doozy. I tried it probly 10 times, but no dice.[/QUOTE]

I don't like 8B mode... seems less difficult and needlessly complex. I was disappointed that Oblivion was really easy but had no hard version.

[quote name='Chacrana']I don't like 8B mode... seems less difficult and needlessly complex. I was disappointed that Oblivion was really easy but had no hard version.[/quote]
Yea, oblivion is my 2nd favorite next to Sin. Other faves are Can We Talk and YA!Party. I somewhat like Jupiter Driving because of how awesome it sounds when its getting close to the end. They're all good, but those are the ones that come to mind.

When I first chose 8B, I was expecting them to use the down and x button, that would've been Hard.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea, oblivion is my 2nd favorite next to Sin. Other faves are Can We Talk and YA!Party. I somewhat like Jupiter Driving because of how awesome it sounds when its getting close to the end. They're all good, but those are the ones that come to mind.

When I first chose 8B, I was expecting them to use the down and x button, that would've been Hard.[/QUOTE]

You there -- you have good taste. Sin is without a doubt the best song in the game.

Also a huge fan of Dreadnaught, but I can't unlock it... might just download the 100% save.

[quote name='JEKKI']aw I only like the cute songs, like Eternal Memory.

and never say never say never say never say you[/quote]

Oh I like those songs too :D

Yes Chacrana, it is! :applause: Blythe is also pretty good.

One thing that bothered me on 4B is on the song Can We Talk. There's a segment with the piano where you're continually hitting two keys at once, the piano there throws me off. It's out of tune and when I hit the notes and hear the piano, it's repeats itself so I don't really keep up with the beat there, I just have to look at the notes, it's kinda annoying. This happens in a couple other songs too.

well thanks to fishini^ who asked me my skill level and made me play the game again,

I now have everything up to lvl 6 difficulty complete, including hard versions that are lvl 6!!

(this is on 6B btw)

now I gotta keep on working up, gotta beat all 7's!!

also something I noticed, when u play 8B, the regular background movies dont play.

instead, u get like a more 'clubbing' type of screensaver thing going on

EDIT: International version of DJ Max no longer available.

play-asia now carries the korean version

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bj-49-en-70-15ww.html

[quote name='JEKKI']there's a new limited version~!!!

it's the Gold Version, available in Japan:

112-10261_d1.jpg

http://www.psp-vault.com/Article893.psp

gotta check play-asia to see if they're gonna sell it

(yeay rite, as if I could afford it either way...)[/quote]
yeah i saw that yesterday at ruliweb and was gonna post. However, it was only a rumour/hoax, as a couple of posts later revealed that it got took off the gdex's site. that so called champagne gold wasn't the final version either, puzzle was yet to be decided. i would've been all over this one cuz I love that art for the puzzle. it was selling for the same prices as the other LEs, 19,800 yen. WAY more expensive than the original price and about 20 bucks more expensive than PA.

DJ MAX Portable 2 opening is up. You can download in WMV or MP4 (4 PSP) format. Looks good with the 3D style of cel shading or animation (little hard to tell). However, it pales in comparison to DJ MAX Portable 1's korean anime intro imo :cry:.

Well, i'm actually not sure if it IS true. On ruliweb, it was first revealed as a rumour. THEN it was taken off the JPN GDEX site (saying that it's sold out but there's no info or pic). Members were saying it's a hoax. Now, on ruliweb, there's a notice saying that Pentavision is against the selling of the exclusive JPN gold package.

bread's done
Back