DJ MAX 2 - sequel to the GREATEST PSP game!! $49.90 3/30/07; + limited edition set!

hmmm, so was it confirmed that there even was a gold one in existence?

That would make for a mighty fine collector's item :D

Gah, I just read in the post about the LE, and they included a poster (if this is true anyways). I would've loved the poster, need to spruce up my room ;)

I did a google and it seemed to pop up in some japanese sites. I did translation pages and they didn't translate very well o_O.
Anyone make anything of this? It's the first topic on the page I think

http://gail-voyager.paslog.jp/

This one has the pic and in Korean

http://ori-r.tistory.com/

Do you think I should wait for a domestic release (not official but it's apperance at GDC makes ya wonder) or go ahead and jump with you guys to get the import at the end of the month?

[quote name='FurryCurry']Do you think I should wait for a domestic release (not official but it's apperance at GDC makes ya wonder) or go ahead and jump with you guys to get the import at the end of the month?[/quote]

It depends on how bad you want to play the game.

A domestic release usually takes months after being announced.

I'd say hop on board :)

I hopped on board... and would think that if this series were to get a State-side release, it would be in the form of a game that had a completely new soundtrack. That's what happened with Ouendan / Elite Beat Agents... thankfully it's been so popular in the U.S. that there's already talk of a sequel!

So I'd say go for it - but if you can only buy one, go with the new one as it seems to have more music and at least one new play mode. I decided to go with both b/c I don't want to take the chance of the first one going out of print soon.

NCSX informed me that the game won't ship until next week :(. Not sure if it got delayed or if it's just NCSX that has this issue...

I didn't know NCSX was selling DJ Max 2 :eek:

I checked there website a couple times and never found it, just the first one.

My LE Order status is reading as "preparing order" :D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I didn't know NCSX was selling DJ Max 2 :eek:

My LE Order status is reading as "preparing order" :D[/QUOTE]

Well, at least I will be getting Fist of the North Star in the next couple of days.

BTW, I have 38,400 MAX... I'm so close to getting Blythe!!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I didn't know NCSX was selling DJ Max 2 :eek:

My LE Order status is reading as "preparing order" :D[/quote] It's been on their old site for the longest time (all their preorders are on the old site if ya didn't know). They never got any of the LEs though. I hope my LE status will turn to "shipped" today. I just can't wait any longer :bomb:.
I'm not use to the 5B on the demo, but it wasn't too hard. 6B is still the way to go for me.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well, at least I will be getting Fist of the North Star in the next couple of days.
[/quote] I bought that yesterday. It's so awesome as it's been a while since i played it at the arcades. I got some decent practice with my Shin and hopefully I can compete with some regulars.

[quote name='suko_32']http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bj-49-en-70-1v1u-4-6.html

Preorder for DJ Max Portable 2 Orpheus Package ~Metallic Silver~ is back, but at $169.90[/quote]
I really would like to snag that, but I have no idea how to ebay it and I also don't really want to take that risk..o well, it's only going to be $50 - $100 profit...i wish I knew how to ebay..:cry:

But yea, Play-Asia is also now "officially" shipping DJMAX 2. Can't wait for mine to come.:D
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bj-49-en-70-1u9y.html

--AzN_PlaYEr

[quote name='AzN_PlaYEr']I really would like to snag that, but I have no idea how to ebay it and I also don't really want to take that risk..o well, it's only going to be $50 - $100 profit...i wish I knew how to ebay..:cry:

But yea, Play-Asia is also now "officially" shipping DJMAX 2. Can't wait for mine to come.:D

--AzN_PlaYEr[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I want to buy 2 somehow and ebay one, but it's not worth the risk for me. In any case, thanks for the heads up on the game shipping. I can't wait especially this will be the first time I've ever played the series! :)

[quote name='AzN_PlaYEr']X 2. Can't wait for mine to come.:D

--AzN_PlaYEr[/quote] Dammit! They're only shipping the metallic silver today as they only got that one in. Night Black and the "single game" should be coming in tomorrow according to their newsletter. Anybody notice the special cover of El that the LE has? Much better (and hotter) than the regular cover IMO.
Apparently NSCX will be getting some LEs in. They didn't mention how many or how much they will cost (more expensive than P-A most likely) but expect that info when they get their shipment next week. So, if people still want to get the Night Black, there's still a chance.

Play-Asia took both my pre-orders for the LE's sets ^^

The second set should have some good trading value or flipping value :D

I wonder if later on they'll feature the gold one, seeing as how the other two aren't available anymore :whistle2:k

FYI, I did have a little trouble trying to get the second set, but it's set to ship out on April 16 o_O.

It MIGHT become available again, I dunno, just wanted to throw that out there.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Gold is a hoax. It's even mentioned on the official site that they have no plans to make any Japanese version.[/quote]

Meh, it would've been cool nonetheless

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I would like to know how :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Hard. Not just hard, "no way to get better" hard. I'm sure the real game has a non-vertical learning curve, but this isn't really the way to advertise it.

[quote name='pete5883']Hard. Not just hard, "no way to get better" hard. I'm sure the real game has a non-vertical learning curve, but this isn't really the way to advertise it.[/quote]

Where was this demo? I never knew a demo was out :O

The first DJ Max is awesome, it'll take some times to get used to, but it is satisfying when you can complete the harder songs. Take all the advice we leave in this thread :)

[quote name='pete5883']Hard. Not just hard, "no way to get better" hard. I'm sure the real game has a non-vertical learning curve, but this isn't really the way to advertise it.[/QUOTE]well the game isnt released in america,

and asians have always shown themselves to be hella better at games than americans.

jus look at street fighter!! got damn~!!!

quick tip for those that have their dj max games and limited editions coming from play-asia... the tracking status in your play-asia account doesn't show the tracking number. if you go to ups.com though and want to track, just track by reference number, and use your play-asia order number for the reference. that'll show you the exact expected delivery date

[quote name='JEKKI']well the game isnt released in america,

and asians have always shown themselves to be hella better at games than americans.

jus look at street fighter!! got damn~!!![/QUOTE]

Actually Japan is worse and that's a big problem. There's no rental market in Japan, so you can't try games before you buy. So each purchase has to be made soundly. If the game is too hard, they don't want to play it, so they can sell it faster before it drops in price.
The Metal Gear Solid games are always stepped up in difficulty with each release. Japan -> America -> Europe.
That old "Japan is better" belief was ONLY a belief back with Super Mario Bros. out of ignorance.
There's been lots of issues with Japan's gave development stagnating because developers are afraid to try new games because Japan's consumers are too chickenshit to try new games they might not like. I could rant for a while, just know Japan isn't the holy land it's made out to be on the Internet.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Actually Japan is worse and that's a big problem. There's no rental market in Japan, so you can't try games before you buy. So each purchase has to be made soundly. If the game is too hard, they don't want to play it, so they can sell it faster before it drops in price.
The Metal Gear Solid games are always stepped up in difficulty with each release. Japan -> America -> Europe.
That old "Japan is better" belief was ONLY a belief back with Super Mario Bros. out of ignorance.
There's been lots of issues with Japan's gave development stagnating because developers are afraid to try new games because Japan's consumers are too chickenshit to try new games they might not like. I could rant for a while, just know Japan isn't the holy land it's made out to be on the Internet.[/quote]

I have no idea what either of you are referring to, but I believe JEKKI was making a reference to how well they PLAY the games.

They get crazy good at games, i.e. shooters, fighters, puzzles, bemani, etc..

It's like they have a lotta time on their hands just to master these games o_O

[quote name='M3wThr33']Actually Japan is worse and that's a big problem. There's no rental market in Japan, so you can't try games before you buy. So each purchase has to be made soundly. If the game is too hard, they don't want to play it, so they can sell it faster before it drops in price.
There's been lots of issues with Japan's gave development stagnating because developers are afraid to try new games because Japan's consumers are too chickenshit to try new games they might not like. I could rant for a while, just know Japan isn't the holy land it's made out to be on the Internet.[/QUOTE]lol~! no please rant on.

honestly Japan & America are no different in terms of trying out new games, they mass produce the games inf^shini states while we focus on fps sports & racers.

of course, those games take a lot less skill to get good at and master, and the japanese dont play those games. Furthermore, it's the variety and availability of certain game genres that help up their skill (as well as the social aspect that encourages people to play). If american arcade players spent more time on King of Fighters our Street Fighter skills would improve dramatically.

also metal gear isnt hard in the same way a game like Ikaruga is hard, the difficulty balances patience & thinking over pure playing skill.

but I didnt say just Japanese, I said asians. Challenge sum taiwanese at some fps games and they'll tear u apart!

Oh, and it wasn't a stab at the people themselves. It was the market that they were allowed that fostered it, unfortunately.
I grew up in Southern California frequenting arcades and LAN centers all my life. Race means nothing for any genre. I just don't like the stereotype of "asians = better gamers" all the time. It's more balanced than that.

I miss Amplitude online.

[quote name='ahou']my order just shipped today so thats good news and if anyone is interested, play-asia is selling the official sales poster, $13.60 shipped

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8b-49-en-70-1xws.html[/quote]

Oh yea, I'm pickin up the poster too >:D

Thanks for the link.

They didn't sell a poster for the first one did they?

My LE's are scheduled to arrive today ^^b, I'll be taking mucho pictures of the metallic silver, I'm debating on whether or not to open the black one :/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']hey didn't sell a poster for the first one did they?[/quote] nah I don't remember that there were posters for sale the first time, if they were I probably would have picked that up as well haha

also I read the play-asia weekly update that first shipment will contain covers with a prisim effect, a first print and limited edition package exclusive. So if your order shipped today, most likely you'll be recieving one. adds a little more value i guess :lol:

anyone that hasn't ordered the game, they should be restocked with normal editions of the game on wednesday

Mine came in today.. damn they're huge, pretty heavy too. Much larger than I had thought at 20" x 10" x 2". I'm leaving mine sealed though. Somebody else is gonna have to break theirs open and take pictures.

Whoo! Got my Metallic Silver in today.

It DOES include two extra things not mentioned online.

Poster and mask

Can you FIND them? :) I found one of them easily.

UPS played me >.>

It said rescheduled for 4/3 and it arrived today o_O

So now I have both LE's, yay ^^

they are heavy, but I like the magnet box design ;D

[quote name='M3wThr33']Whoo! Got my Metallic Silver in today.

It DOES include two extra things not mentioned online.

Poster and mask

Can you FIND them? :) I found one of them easily.[/quote]

Play Asia has new pics buddy. Sorry.

This game kicks butt so far, although I do prefer the OP Movie to the first DJ Max.

I haven't unlocked Blythe in the first one, but I did like the fact that you can play it here "out of the case" ^^.

I honestly have no clue what the fever system is, but I just hit the button every time I fill it up.

Just to note, when you do the link disk option, you can play every song on the first DJ Max Game, even one's you haven't unlocked yet.
NOTE: They don't play the movies in the background though, just that animation that shows up during 8B play on the 1st DJ Max :/

I love it so far, can't wait to find more time to play this ^^

Pics coming soon...;O

My copy arrived at my house... so I'll open it when I get home on Thursday. I cannot wait. Oh, and is the cover art different than what we saw originally? NCSX seems to think so.

[quote name='ahou']nah I don't remember that there were posters for sale the first time, if they were I probably would have picked that up as well haha

also I read the play-asia weekly update that first shipment will contain covers with a prisim effect, a first print and limited edition package exclusive. So if your order shipped today, most likely you'll be recieving one. adds a little more value i guess :lol:

anyone that hasn't ordered the game, they should be restocked with normal editions of the game on wednesday[/quote]
No...I'm still waiting for this 20% week thing to be over so I can use a 5 off 50 coupon to get my copy...I should have pre-ordered it way back when...I want that shiny box too....

Does anyone know where else I can order this game? I'm willing to pay a bit more for the 1st release box.

--AzN_PlaYEr

[quote name='AzN_PlaYEr']No...I'm still waiting for this 20% week thing to be over so I can use a 5 off 50 coupon to get my copy...I should have pre-ordered it way back when...I want that shiny box too....

Does anyone know where else I can order this game? I'm willing to pay a bit more for the 1st release box.

--AzN_PlaYEr[/QUOTE]

NCSX got their copies of the boxes in yesterday... dunno if they're still in stock.

[quote name='Chacrana']NCSX got their copies of the boxes in yesterday... dunno if they're still in stock.[/quote]

Thanks alot...but I was too impatient, and I just found that if you have non-sale items in the cart, you can use a coupon. so I caved and got both the game and poster...very slight chance that I might maybe quite possibily get that shiny box...total was $60.60 shipped with the coupon..oh well.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']NOTE: They don't play the movies in the background though, just that animation that shows up during 8B play on the 1st DJ Max :/[/QUOTE]u mean they dont play movies only in the djmax1 songs, not all the new songs, correct???

also do your scores transfer over?!?!?

So wait, I'm lost... you can play all the DJ Max 1 songs on this? So the first game is essentially made useless to an extent?

Yeah, you'll need to keep your UMD for the first game though. (can't imagine why anyone would sell it!) There's a menu option that asks you to insert the UMD for DJ Max 1, then it loads up all the songs from the 1st game into the new interface.

bread's done
Back