DJ Max Fever the crew Edition - $130 - Only 125 Available; Open for Pre-orders Now

wow, didnt even know about this. oh well. i ain't paying more than the price they had on the site so no ebay or any other resellers-for-profit for me.

[quote name='Arakias']yup this guy lost money on his and its the only sold one so far.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330328374233[/quote]

He puts the 4 dollar limit on shipping the ebay implemented but then says its really 12. The guy why won could really be a bastard and refuse to pay more than the 4 dollars since eBay doesn't allow charging more than the shipping fee, etc.

Edit:

Holy Christ the guy is loaded w/ sealed old games. I wonder how one finds or gets a hold of that many old sealed games - many of them rare.

[quote name='Arakias']yup this guy lost money on his and its the only sold one so far.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330328374233[/quote]

After looking at the seller's completed auctions, they made a moderate profit on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DJ-Max-Fever-CREW-EDITITION-BRAND-NEW-PSP_W0QQitemZ230341790636

But losing money on the DJ Max Fever sets doesn't matter, simply because of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/World-of-Warcraft-Collectors-Edition-NEW-SEALED_W0QQitemZ330325454519

!!!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']$164 is moderate profit? After eBay and Paypal fees the guy made next to nothing? Did they ship for free?[/quote]

Meh, I don't really care one way or another about their profit on the DJ Max set - people should buy stocks as investments, not video games. The World of Warcraft CE sale is simply ridiculous though!

Well I would expect something of only 125 units to be worth some flipping.
Then again I'm still sitting on my Street Fighter HD Remix Press Kit to go back over $125.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well I would expect something of only 125 units to be worth some flipping.
Then again I'm still sitting on my Street Fighter HD Remix Press Kit to go back over $125.[/quote]

Regarding the number of limited edition games made (125 in this case), I think it really comes down to what's included with it. I don't think anything here makes it worth the $130, but I know ppl get really excited about their plushie dolls and art books. Anyway, I hope it works out for everyone hoping to make a buck or three off these things - good luck!

[quote name='waxHead']I know ppl get really excited about their plushie dolls and art books[/quote]

Not to mention the more reasonable prices on certain plush or artbook sets

Although my VC stuff is a bit excessive, but not as bad as it could be

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I am so sorry for this inconvenience. Unfortunately, we cannot replace the boxes because only the exact order amount was created. Right now, we can offer you a free Technika card of your choice for each order. I am so sorry again. Please let me know if this will work for you. Thank you.[/FONT]

its like saying sorry your dj max was damaged before shipment, it was our fault, heres a bite size cookie to make you feel better.

regardless of how cool they are, i dont think i'll ever buy any of their products again.

[quote name='phear3d']its like saying sorry your dj max was damaged before shipment, it was our fault, heres a bite size cookie to make you feel better.

regardless of how cool they are, i dont think i'll ever buy any of their products again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was definitely overpriced, and damaged?

Oh well, nothing we can do about it now.

[quote name='phear3d']its like saying sorry your dj max was damaged before shipment, it was our fault, heres a bite size cookie to make you feel better.

regardless of how cool they are, i dont think i'll ever buy any of their products again.[/QUOTE]

Where did this response come from? Maybe I just missed it on the Bemanistyle forums?

lol...I guess just not enough people heard of the DJ Max Fever Crew edition to run it up on ebay. or maybe it's just not a popular enough game.

... Guys, I hope you really like the series.

Because everyone and their mother knows that the game is full of bugs, and is 3/4ths the game as its predecessor, Portable 2.

I bought it because I wasn't into the series when the sister LE, the Orpheus package, was released. This is, for the most part, an exact replica of that LE for about $15 less than what it was going for at Play-Asia.

It just contains a buggy game with some guy's scribble over the cellophane wrapping instead of the series' pinnacle.

To those looking to turn a profit that aren't into the series... let this be a lesson: do your homework. The only ones who actually bit are the hardcore fans of the series (of which a few did miss out because of a few profiteers) and a couple of guys hoping the "rarity" of this item would bring about some income.

I also bought the Quattra LE, which I must say is a touch nicer than The Crew/Orpheus LE. Artbook, soundtrack, Platinum Crew card, postcard, Son of Sun potted four-leaf clover, cardboard speakers, NB ranger papercraft model, and DJ max handkerchief/bandanna. Pretty hot.

[quote name='Sushi7065']... Guys, I hope you really like the series.

Because everyone and their mother knows that the game is full of bugs, and is 3/4ths the game as its predecessor, Portable 2.

I bought it because I wasn't into the series when the sister LE, the Orpheus package, was released. This is, for the most part, an exact replica of that LE for about $15 less than what it was going for at Play-Asia.

It just contains a buggy game with some guy's scribble over the cellophane wrapping instead of the series' pinnacle.

To those looking to turn a profit that aren't into the series... let this be a lesson: do your homework. The only ones who actually bit are the hardcore fans of the series (of which a few did miss out because of a few profiteers) and a couple of guys hoping the "rarity" of this item would bring about some income.

I also bought the Quattra LE, which I must say is a touch nicer than The Crew/Orpheus LE. Artbook, soundtrack, Platinum Crew card, postcard, Son of Sun potted four-leaf clover, cardboard speakers, NB ranger papercraft model, and DJ max handkerchief/bandanna. Pretty hot.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so you came here to argue that people got ripped off on the Crew LE, but then it turns out you bought an equally worthless LE that is not even a US release? Give me a break.

[quote name='bojay1997']Wow, so you came here to argue that people got ripped off on the Crew LE, but then it turns out you bought an equally worthless LE that is not even a US release? Give me a break.[/QUOTE]

lol. Though yeah this LE does seem to be not as special. Plus you can get this game for $19.99 at Best Buy right now, hardly "in demand".

[quote name='bojay1997']Wow, so you came here to argue that people got ripped off on the Crew LE, but then it turns out you bought an equally worthless LE that is not even a US release? Give me a break.[/quote]

Hey, value is all in the eye of the beholder. For me, a hardcore DJ Max fan, I don't call either of these LEs "worthless". In fact, far from it. I'm just saying that those looking to turn a quick buck will be hard-pressed to find someone stupid enough to pay the prices lucrative collectors are looking for.

In fact, the Quattra LE is actually more in demand than the Crew, since it is just a US version of the Orpheus LE. (And if I recall, the Orpheus LE actually had more postcards, but lacked the Technika Platinum Crew card.)

Although if you were cool enough to get the Prestige LE for the first DJMP, that's worth a pretty penny now.

I would love a copy of this special edition. If anyone has one in great condition they want to sell please let me know. I missed out on the sale.

-joseph

I just checked the recent ebay prices, and to all the flippers out there I just want to say.......well, your ebay fees will do the talking for me.

bread's done
Back