DMC 3 pics

[quote name='PsyClerk']DMC 2 gets such a bad rap. Why? I thought it was ok.[/quote]

Because its cool for nerds to complain about sequels.

I remember the biggest complaint about DMC 2 in the reviews I read was that it was too easy. I've thought about using the GGC at BB to grab this game for $15. Anybody who played it have any thoughts on that? It's gotta be worth at least $15, right?

Well it isn't exactly like the reviews were lying, it was so easy I just got bored with it. That pretty much makes it a bad game in my eyes right there. But for 15 it will keep you entertained for a few hours so I guess its worth it.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='PsyClerk']DMC 2 gets such a bad rap. Why? I thought it was ok.[/quote]

Because its cool for nerds to complain about sequels.[/quote]

Heh. Burn.

On another note, it seems that game characters are taking the more metrosexual route these days. Check out the progression of Square's characters:

1.jpg

tidus.jpg

and then... brace yourselves for this one, folks...

vaan.jpg

Now I'm not bitching about Tidus one bit. I think his character design fits him perfectly. But Vaan in FFXII? The first time I saw it, all I said was "What the fuck?"

I wonder if the metrosexual trend is just reaching Japan or if it is just now becoming big enough worldwide for them to place those characters in their games.... cos I don't think I'm the only one that realized Dante is shirtless in those pics. WTF, Japan? Not all of us wish we were gay/women/weird. But whatever.

Bishounen characters have been around in Japan longer than any metrosexual craze. And Square has got nothin' on Konami. Look at all the shemales in recent Castlevania games.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='PsyClerk']DMC 2 gets such a bad rap. Why? I thought it was ok.[/quote]

Heh. Exactly. I thought DMC2 was decent. My only complaint was that I thought it was a little too easy, even on DMD/LMD mode. Of course, it makes sense that they'd tone down the difficulty considering DMD mode in the first one is damn near impossible.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I just hope Capcom doesn't overcorrect and make it as hard as Ninja Gaiden can be.[/quote]

I hope they do. To me, that would be the only way for them to undo what they did in DMC2.

I think it's funny to hear a guy complain about Dante's looks. So far, the only characters I can think of that girls can look at, are Snake (and he wasn't all that good looking, just that he was such a "bad boy", and Dante.

I enjoyed DMC1 so much because the gameplay was cool, the difficulty was right on, and I loved controlling an oh-so-sexy Dante. Not only did they screw up the gameplay, but also Dante himself in DMC2.

You guys have all your half naked and boobie-fied chicks. Let us girls have a little fun too!

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='GuilewasNK']I just hope Capcom doesn't overcorrect and make it as hard as Ninja Gaiden can be.[/quote]
I hope they do. To me, that would be the only way for them to undo what they did in DMC2.[/quote]
I also hope they do. As long as the camera isn't as bad as Ninja Gaiden. Although "stylized camera tricks" sound really cool, I'm still a little worried.

[quote name='Naughty_Insomniac']I think it's funny to hear a guy complain about Dante's looks. So far, the only characters I can think of that girls can look at, are Snake (and he wasn't all that good looking, just that he was such a "bad boy", and Dante.

I enjoyed DMC1 so much because the gameplay was cool, the difficulty was right on, and I loved controlling an oh-so-sexy Dante. Not only did they screw up the gameplay, but also Dante himself in DMC2.

You guys have all your half naked and boobie-fied chicks. Let us girls have a little fun too!

[/quote]

Eh..I don't have double standards in that respect. I like my female characters to look cool, too. I don't understand companies like Tecmo. The woman in Ninja Gaiden is horrendous in several fashions.

That said - I still don't like Dante's outfit in DMC3. DMC 2 was the pinnacle. ;-)

As far as difficulty goes.. Bring it on, hard.

[quote name='SolinariDotCom']Eh..I don't have double standards in that respect. I like my female characters to look cool, too. I don't understand companies like Tecmo. The woman in Ninja Gaiden is horrendous in several fashions.

That said - I still don't like Dante's outfit in DMC3. DMC 2 was the pinnacle. ;-)

As far as difficulty goes.. Bring it on, hard.[/quote]
Of course, I believe that all characters should look attractive and cool. Guys and gals, both. It just seems that all you get are really hot chicks, and craptastic looking guys. I know, I know, the industry is geared towards guys. But once in a while they gotta throw us girls a bone too. ;) And oh yeah, I forgot about Nightmare in Soul Calibur 2. HOT!!

Seeing how the only pics I've seen so far are the ones from the OP's link, I'm not really sure. But his outfit looks fine to me. I'm still concerned about his face. Although with 3 being a prequel, hopefully they'll make him look younger again, and more like he did in 1.

I guess it's just that 1 had such a style to it that was somehow completely lost on 2. Everything about it from the quirky things he said, to the difficulty level, right down to the way Dante looked and dressed. And don't tell me that the scene where you acquire Alastor is not one of the coolest things you've ever seen.

I still purchased and played 2. The main reason being just so I could say that I did. But it wasn't as much of an enjoyable experience like the first. Hell, I played 1 waaay before playing 2, and I remember the enemies and boss fights much clearer than I do those of 2.

Man, all this talk is really making me want to pull out DMC1 again...

[quote name='Naughty_Insomniac']Of course, I believe that all characters should look attractive and cool. Guys and gals, both. It just seems that all you get are really hot chicks, and craptastic looking guys. I know, I know, the industry is geared towards guys. But once in a while they gotta throw us girls a bone too. ;) And oh yeah, I forgot about Nightmare in Soul Calibur 2. HOT!!

Seeing how the only pics I've seen so far are the ones from the OP's link, I'm not really sure. But his outfit looks fine to me. I'm still concerned about his face. Although with 3 being a prequel, hopefully they'll make him look younger again, and more like he did in 1.

I guess it's just that 1 had such a style to it that was somehow completely lost on 2. Everything about it from the quirky things he said, to the difficulty level, right down to the way Dante looked and dressed. And don't tell me that the scene where you acquire Alastor is not one of the coolest things you've ever seen.

I still purchased and played 2. The main reason being just so I could say that I did. But it wasn't as much of an enjoyable experience like the first. Hell, I played 1 waaay before playing 2, and I remember the enemies and boss fights much clearer than I do those of 2.

Man, all this talk is really making me want to pull out DMC1 again...[/quote]

I havn't played DMC 2 in depth. I was just commenting on the look of Dante, I have no basis to criticize the game play.

DMC blew me away and rocked my world way back when (October 01?). Totally unexpected. Dante was cool - yeah. But in my opinion, Dante looks so much cooler (in every way) in DMC2. And the box art is 100X cooler than the first game's ;-).

I considered booting up DMC the other day, but I think it hasn't quite been long enough.

DMC2 tanked because half the things that made DMC1 cool were dilluted and bland.

The fighting aside from a few added moves were made unintersting because the camera chose to be 100 feet away at the most intersting moments.

The characterization was nearly nonexistant, All the coolness and macho attitude from the first game vanished into a brooding boring character with maybe 5 lines the whole game and Bosses had almost no dialog.

I dont know if it was that much easier but it WAS a little too linear.

There was one part of DMC2 in particular that I remember. It was an elevator ride. Everytime you got on the elevator the enemies would respawn.

Fine. Except that you could just stand there and shoot their asses without even getting a scratch. What the hell kind of crap is that? And for an action game, no less. BLECH!

more like it was dissapointment in every sense of the word. It wasn't bad, in fact is was decent. However when the original is a damn vernable classic, a sequal being just "decent" doesn't cut it.

bread's done
Back