do i have a rare game?

jpuma1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
so i bought Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 for the PS2 back when it was on sale for 30 at CC.

i want to sell it now b/c i got a 360 for christmas and would rather get it for that system.

however, upon looking at ebay, i noticed that i was the only one that seemed to have this game with a bonus disc included. specifically, my game case has "includes bonus disc" in orange at the bottom, something which no other person seems to have. i don't even know what the bonus disc is, because it's still sealed. i scoured the internet and have seen nothing about a bonus disc included with the PS2 version.

do i have something rare on my hands? does anyone even know what this bonus disc is???

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Do you have a pic of the case?[/quote]

picture
222881702.jpg

it's heavier than usual, and there's that mysterious bonus disc that's included.

I know that the collector's edition came with disc 3 of the History of the WWE Championship DVD. If it's not that, I have no clue.

I actually have the same copy. The bonus disk isn't all that special. It just has previews for The Roddy Piper, Brian Pillman and Hulk Hogan DVD's.

[quote name='Matt Young']I know that the collector's edition came with disc 3 of the History of the WWE Championship DVD. If it's not that, I have no clue.[/quote]

PS2 didn't have a collector's edition, though..

I've personally never seen this version. Rare as in uncommon, sure.. rare as in valuable? No.

[quote name='Matt Young']I know that the collector's edition came with disc 3 of the History of the WWE Championship DVD. If it's not that, I have no clue.[/QUOTE]

That was the Xbox 360 CE, which came with a trivia book, the aforementioned dvd, and a big tin case.

This is different, and I hope didn't cost extra. I don't think it is worth much, not will it ever be, simply because wrestling titles hold their value as well as sports titles (in other words, it would sell on eBay for $0.25 in about 4 years).

I've got this same version (for $30 during one of CC's weekly sales), and it's just a retailer-exclusive printing of the packaging with a slip case inside with basically trailers for 3 DVDs. I doubt it's rare since it's chain-wide, and even if it is rare, it won't be worth much since the bonus disc has nothing of worth on it.

if anything you could try selling it on ebay to see if it goes up higher than the other auctions. the only thing though is that you have to explain it for them to fully understand its uniqueness. i would sell it before the game looses its significant value, since its a sports game. but thats just me :)

bread's done
Back