Do I really need a extra nunchuck?

cheapasssmurf

CAG Veteran
Is an extra nunchuck really necessary for games like wii sports and monkeyballs?

Sorry if this is a noob question, i just scored a wii today unexpectedly and know nothing about it.. where's the dang faq...

You can't play Wii Sports Boxing or its training minigames. I'm not sure about Monkey Ball, you'd have to check the back of the back to see what it uses.

your wii should come with a remote and nunchuk, the only real use for it right now is for the boxing game in wii sports, zelda, trauma centre and a few minigames in monkey ball (those are the only games i own)

I don't know about Monkeyball, but for Wii Sports you really only need a nunchuck for the boxing game. For all the other sports you only need the Wii remote.

[quote name='forgrim']i think 2 is a good number...until other games come out and ues it (smash brothers comes to mind)[/quote]I heard that Sakurai was going to use a more traditional controller setup for SSBB since he didn't want the motion sensing to interfere with gameplay

[quote name='maigoyume']I heard that Sakurai was going to use a more traditional controller setup for SSBB since he didn't want the motion sensing to interfere with gameplay[/quote]

even if he does, the nunchuk seems to be the controller that will be needed to control movement...unless he makes SSBB only work with classic controllers...then we all kill him in the face

[quote name='forgrim']even if he does, the nunchuk seems to be the controller that will be needed to control movement...unless he makes SSBB only work with classic controllers...then we all kill him in the face[/quote]I don't recall where so don't hold me to this, but I heard he might be using the gcn controller setup for SSBB, since he doesn't want the motion sensing to interfere and i don't believe the remote has enough buttons to pull off all the moves IMO

I want, and would recommend, two nunchucks. Boxing and the training games associated with it in Wii Sports, Trauma Center, Red Steel, Monkey Ball mini games, Zelda, Elebits, Rayman, Call of Duty 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a few control schemes in Metal Slug Anthology, Far Cry Vengeance, and a few more as well as the many games coming out in the future all use the nunchuck. That's more than half of the major releases, easily.

bread's done
Back