do people still play All-Pro Football 2K8 online

S

starmask2k3

would like to know if people do still play it online because i was thinking of buy it because its cheap

i bet ICE THOR ZEUS is still up on there, i haven't been on there for 4 months or so since i let my gold run out and change to silver...it used to still have a good community 4 months ago, no idea now.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I still have it and am always up for a game. Have to be honest I have no idea what the overall community is like now.[/QUOTE]

Same here; I'm still waiting for 2k to get the NFL license back to show EA how to make a real sports game.

[quote name='seen']I'm still waiting for 2k to get the NFL license back to show EA how to make a real sports game.[/QUOTE]

+ infinity.....

I loved NFL 2k5 and hated how they got screwed but honestly Madden 11 is pretty good once you get past all the product placement and money whoring like token and powerup DLC

I think most of the NFL 2K5 love is nostalgia. I loved the game, and I was a 2K devotee till the NFL 2K franchise died, but Madden 10 and 11 are better games; possibly 09 as well.

Just sad that Madden has all these years with the license and are still putting out a mediocre game. No real reason for them to make a great game when you have so many lemmings who continue to buy it. I hadn't purchased Madden in some time so gave it a shot last year and bought 2010 to play a friend but sold it within a month. After playing the demos for Madden and NCAA this year, the NCAA played better.

Sorry for the rant.

As for the op, just popped the game in today and at 6:13 est, it showed 88 people online and 25 people playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the video, even though I didn't need to since I just played NFL 2K5 a few months ago. It was a very interesting side by side comparison, though, and including the Packers = win. Yes, 2K's presentation is better; always was. I definitely miss the halftime show with Berman. It beats Madden in certain areas, but I feel that Madden 11 is overall a much better game. All-Pro Football 2K8, while decent, showed how far ahead of the 2K football engine everyone else has passed. It felt like an original Xbox game. Fun, but not all it's cracked up to be.

Regardless, NFL 2K5 was a great game, and my favorite football game of all time until At least Madden 10, 5 years later. It was incredibly fun, and the series pioneered online leagues and websites long before EA Sports got into that. There was no doubt that it was the best of its time and better than at least the next 3 Madden games that came after it.

[quote name='starmask2k3']would like to know if people do still play it online because i was thinking of buy it because its cheap[/QUOTE]

miranda kerr is soooo FINE !!!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, because 2K has done so well with the MLB and NHL licenses lately. Oh, wait...[/QUOTE]

this. The MLB series is pure garbage.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, because 2K has done so well with the MLB and NHL licenses lately. Oh, wait...[/QUOTE]

They've always done shitty with the MLB franchise. I never played the NHL games, so I can't say anything about those.

However, the NBA and NFL games they've clearly done well with. Especially the NFL2K series.

The NFL 2K games were always good. NBA2K usually is, but 2K8 wasn't so great. As for the baseball games, in my opinion, they didn't start sucking till the 2K8 iteration. I loved MLB 2K7, and it's probably my second favorite baseball sim after MVP 2005 (not counting old NES/SNES games like Baseball Stars, the first Griffey, or Super Bases Loaded).

The MLB 2K games were always ok. They never got any better, though. In fact, they've gotten progressively worse over the last 2 years. Just like everyone accuses EA of mailing it in with Madden, that's exactly what 2K does with their third-party exclusive MLB license: mail it in.

The NHL series, which was actually quite good in the past (better than EA's NHL franchise for a time), is such a joke now that they didn't even bother developing it for the 360 or PS3 this year. It's only coming out on the Wii.

I've got no particular love for EA, to make it seem like they need lessons from 2K on how to develop sports games seems a bit silly. They both have their hits and misses.

2K definitely, as a whole, is not the greatest sports developer out there. As mentioned, their baseball and hockey efforts have always been subpar, and continue to be. At best, they are fun side diversions, but do not belong with the big boys. Their basketball titles used to be on the same level as their football titles, but over the last several years, that has dropped off too. I do not know how they would do with an NFL license today, but I still would like to find out. They really gave electronic football a shot in the pants with NFL 2K and continued to put good, to great, products out until 2K5. I would hope if given the opportunity, they could capture that magic again.

I agree with others, like Matt Young, that say that Madden isn't necessarily always bad. It has some years where it is a solid title..then it can lapse into some mediocre years as well. I personally did not care for 2010 however. I haven't tried 2011 yet, but I hear some decent things about it, so I might give it a go sometime. I still am gaming on NCAA 2010 to get my football fix in and still have a decent time with it.

[quote name='seen']Same here; I'm still waiting for 2k to get the NFL license back to show EA how to make a real sports game.[/QUOTE]

EA knows how to make a real sports game. They just can't because they lost their Major League Baseball license. ;)

I'll say EA has probably had a better track record with NHL and MLB but the 2 bigger sports IMO; NBA and NFL belong to 2k in terms of putting out the best product.

Funny how the thread of asking if anyone plays a 2k game turns into a debate.

just got the game so if anyone wants to play hit me up

Where'd you get it from? Just saw that Amazon has it bundled with NBA Street Homecourt for $10.19, so I hope you didn't pay much for it. That's $5 per game, and both are worth more than $5 a piece (in fun factor, not current retail value). I may use my promotional credit on that. I borrowed a friend's copy of APF years ago and played through a whole season, but never got my own copy.

Does anyone know if it's just the 2 separate games, or if it's a bundled box like Forza 2/MUA?

I'm going to sleep on it, but I'm leaning toward picking up the All-Pro/NBA Street 2 pack. I have $40 in credit that expires at the end of the month.

I bit a couple days later and got All-Pro Football 2K8 & NBA Street Homecourt new for $9.84 total in Amazon credit. Wanna play sometime?

bread's done
Back