Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Spyder187']"As God is my witness, he has broken his ass?"[/QUOTE]

;)

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']You guys have any interest in me posting pics/updates of my WrestleMania weekend activities? I'm doing ROH Friday, Hall of Fame Saturday, the after party thing is at my hotel, and I'll be at Mania Sunday. If nobody cares I won't bother, but if anyone is interested I think I could tweet/instagram out pics and such.[/QUOTE]

Surely.

I know it was last week but I really enjoyed the summary that Bully Ray did on Impact about the progression of Aces and Eights. It really reinforced the point I made earlier that there has been some excellent long-term planning in regards to this storyline. It even pointed out some clues that were genuinely subtle at the time, particularly with D-Lo being a judge for Wes Brisco's Gut Check. IMO, this has easily been the best angle done in wrestling in years.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']You guys have any interest in me posting pics/updates of my WrestleMania weekend activities? I'm doing ROH Friday, Hall of Fame Saturday, the after party thing is at my hotel, and I'll be at Mania Sunday. If nobody cares I won't bother, but if anyone is interested I think I could tweet/instagram out pics and such.[/QUOTE]

Go for it, man.

[quote name='neocisco']I know it was last week but I really enjoyed the summary that Bully Ray did on Impact about the progression of Aces and Eights. It really reinforced the point I made earlier that there has been some excellent long-term planning in regards to this storyline. It even pointed out some clues that were genuinely subtle at the time, particularly with D-Lo being a judge for Wes Brisco's Gut Check. IMO, this has easily been the best angle done in wrestling in years.[/QUOTE]

How could you say that? The AJ Lee and Dixie Carter storyline was excellent!! ;)

I still think there is somebody else left. I just have a feeling Bischoff might be back or Hogan was part of it.

Okay if I posted stuff what would be the best way to get it on here? I don't mind uploading to somewhere first just as long as it is easy to do from a phone. Or is it easier to just give you guys my twitter or instagram info?

[quote name='mitch079']Yeah, no idea who she is.[/QUOTE]

Apparently she was mostly on WWECW. So that explains why not many people know who she is(even I had to look it up).

Only think I can think of to say:

Soy!
Step up!
Causeyourneck'sgotnothingtokillyoudon'tbelievemybeddingsetyouwill
Stand up!
Alittlejimmybitwiththepainedbuttit'sonlythebeginning
I'm breaking the lemon inside you!

[quote name='JJSP']Today I learned that former WWE Diva Lena Yada married Disturbed frontman Dave Draiman. Weird.[/QUOTE]

I vaguely remember her as backstage interviewer.

WWEShop has some pretty good deals on dvds/blurays right now. Highlights include (dvd/br)

http://shop.wwe.com/DVD-Sale/dvdsale,default,sc.html

ECW Unreleased Vol 1 - $8.99/$10.99
WCW Clash of the Champions - $8.99/$10.99
Attitude Era - $12.99/$17.99
Very Best of Monday Nitro Vol 2 - $14.99/$19.99
Wrestlemania 28 - $12.99 (both br and dvd are same price)
CM Punk Best in the World - $12.99/$15.99
OMG Top 50 moments - $8.99/$10.99
Ladder Matches vol 2 - $8.99/$10.99
Greatest Superstars 21st Century - $8.99/$10.99
Rise and Fall of WCW (DVD ONLY) - $4.99
Rise and Fall of ECW (DVD ONLY) - $4.99
Summerslam Anthology Vol 1 1988-1993 (DVD ONLY) - $4.99 (usually $40)
Summerslam Anthology Vol 2 1993-1997 (DVD ONLY) - $4.99 (usually $40)

I'm in for the ECW unreleased, both Summerslams, and Attitude Era. Been trying to find if they still offer free shipping for orders over $50 but cant find it on the site at the moment.

[quote name='TheRock88']WWEShop has some pretty good deals on dvds/blurays right now. Highlights include (dvd/br)

http://shop.wwe.com/DVD-Sale/dvdsale,default,sc.html

ECW Unreleased Vol 1 - $8.99/$10.99
WCW Clash of the Champions - $8.99/$10.99
Attitude Era - $12.99/$17.99
Very Best of Monday Nitro Vol 2 - $14.99/$19.99
Wrestlemania 28 - $12.99 (both br and dvd are same price)
CM Punk Best in the World - $12.99/$15.99
OMG Top 50 moments - $8.99/$10.99
Ladder Matches vol 2 - $8.99/$10.99
Greatest Superstars 21st Century - $8.99/$10.99
Rise and Fall of WCW (DVD ONLY) - $4.99
Rise and Fall of ECW (DVD ONLY) - $4.99
Summerslam Anthology Vol 1 1988-1993 (DVD ONLY) - $4.99 (usually $40)
Summerslam Anthology Vol 2 1993-1997 (DVD ONLY) - $4.99 (usually $40)

I'm in for the ECW unreleased, both Summerslams, and Attitude Era. Been trying to find if they still offer free shipping for orders over $50 but cant find it on the site at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Walmart and Amazon also have quite a few DVDs for around $5, like the Eddie Guerrero set, and quite a few others.

Edit: Can't find anything about free shipping, but WWEFS5 takes $5 off $30 and WWECWINNER10 takes $10 off $60.

In the last 10 minutes or so, they changed the price of the Summerslam Anthology sets from $4.99 to $29.99 like the rest... which fucking blows, because I was going to order them but had to make my kiddo some breakfast. When I came back to finish my order, it went from $18 shipped to about $70. Eff a bunch of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have gotten one in just in time for those 2 Summerslam sets a couple of hours ago as with shipping they came out to about 17 bucks total. Hopefully they ship. Last time I ordered something, the 2011 DVD set when it was on sale, it went on backorder. Then, they re-did the website and the order no longer showed up. Contacting them via phone and email did nothing so I contacted the BBB. WWE ended up sending me the set for free.

This was posted on Reddit and Brad Maddox tweeted it. Seems like a better card than the actual event.
srLGPoa.jpg

[quote name='ced']Only think I can think of to say:

Soy!
Step up!
Causeyourneck'sgotnothingtokillyoudon'tbelievemybeddingsetyouwill
Stand up!
Alittlejimmybitwiththepainedbuttit'sonlythebeginning
I'm breaking the lemon inside you!
[/QUOTE]

I've always heard the chorus as "My pancakes are living inside you."

From the video it seems Pac missed the shoddy-quality turnbuckle pad completely and landed on the eyelet hook used for the turnbuckle. Ouch. Man, with that bald spot and beer gut he looks greasier than normal.

EDIT:

"I did the x factor from the top rope & 1 through a table after it happened. My concern was Jery getting the proper send off, Not my butthole"

Best wrestling quote of the year, and props to Waltman for being a tough guy and remaining professional.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I havent bought the Attitude one cause I know eventually it will go up on netflix.[/QUOTE]

The documentary portion is only an hour long and the rest are matches or clips of the era. I got it for about 10 bucks used on hastings but I can't recommend spending any more than that for it. They could have done a lot more with it.

Gotta admit, very professional for him to give Jerry Lynn that send off. Thinking back, wondering when it happened in the WWF/E (whatever have you).

[quote name='mitch079']The documentary portion is only an hour long and the rest are matches or clips of the era. I got it for about 10 bucks used on hastings but I can't recommend spending any more than that for it. They could have done a lot more with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read up on it a couple weeks ago and people said the same thing. Shame really. To think I was going to spend 24 on it for Blu-Ray.

A few thoughts about Pac:

1) Man, he was so acrobatic back when he was younger/thinner.
2) This could have been the saddest wrestling death ever had he bled out.
3) That must have hurt like a motherfucker.

In response to the criticism of bad booking for Alberto Del Rio, WWE is looking at hiring a Hispanic Telenovela writer who will be responsible for the creative content, scripts and developing storylines & characters to target specifically Hispanic crowds.

:wall:

I can't recall the feud/moment they used to turn ADR face in the first place. Wasn't it a combination of all kinds of boring/awful as well as after they missed a really big opportunity to do so earlier?

I honestly couldn't tell you... I do remember it was weird because they, I think, technically turned him and then still had him play the heel again for the Christmas episode immediately afterwards. There was a bowling ball crotch-shot, if I'm not mistaken.

It was bizarre.

[quote name='007']I honestly couldn't tell you... I do remember it was weird because they, I think, technically turned him and then still had him play the heel again for the Christmas episode immediately afterwards. There was a bowling ball crotch-shot, if I'm not mistaken.

It was bizarre.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That was a very weird moment. It was the professional wrestling equivalent of a filler episode.

Wasnt there another similar event at Tribute to the Troops? Sheamus beat Cena for the WWE championship at TLC yet Cena still appeared with the belt at the event because it was taped weeks beforehand?

Watched Impact. Enjoyed it. Getting out of the Impact Zone gives it a much better presentation in my opinion. Will tune in again next week. Tables, Ladders, Chairs, Stairs match between Hardy and Bully Ray in 2 weeks.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']

In response to the criticism of bad booking for Alberto Del Rio, WWE is looking at hiring a Hispanic Telenovela writer who will be responsible for the creative content, scripts and developing storylines & characters to target specifically Hispanic crowds.
:wall:[/QUOTE]

ricky_ricardo.jpg

[quote name='Purple Flames']What the hell spiderhole has he been hiding in for the past year?[/QUOTE]

He had a wellness violation a few years back then screwed up his ankle when training to return.

Wikipedia says wellness violation, a return, another wellness violation which broke up Air Boom, then a wreck that broke his foot in four places and dislocated it in five places

El Generico ("Sammy Sane") jobbed to him

The weekly installments of Impact and ROH have me feelin' good as a wrestling fan.

[quote name='Demolition Man']And here I thought the discussion on who's back is about...
PETEY F'N WILLIAMS
on Impact Rasslin![/QUOTE]

I think you're (still) one of the only ones who watch TNA :)

Is the typo in your sig intentional?

Demo watches it, I watch it, Brak watches it (read the post directly above yours), mitch079 has been watching it, most likely there are some others that watch it.

Do you still watch WWE?

Didn't watch Impact tonight since I had to work. I watch TNA when I remember to. I usually try to stay updated on what's going on somehow, though. I can't say the same for shows like Smackdown, Main Event, etc.

Petey Williams return > Evan Bourne return (yawn) .. maybe if they stick him back with Kofi again and continue Air Boom to help the tag division...... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back