Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='vrs1650']God Damn who did Scott Hall eat. Wow he looks horrible.[/QUOTE]

You try abusing booze for years and let us know how you look.

Hope this works out for Hall. You know you're in dire straits when Jake Roberts is in the picture and you're the one that's looking worse for wear.

Tag team rock/punk burial on cena and spinner belt? yes please, and that title looks 10x better, marks are probably butt devastated now

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Uh, that's not much better.[/QUOTE]

That looks like something I'd see as a CAB in WWE 13.

[quote name='renique46']Tag team rock/punk burial on cena and spinner belt? yes please, and that title looks 10x better, marks are probably butt devastated now[/QUOTE]

BDcFusDCIAAXeHS.jpg

I find this new belt acceptable. I wonder if they'll just change out the side plates when a new champ is crowned in lieu of an actual name plate.

Scott Hall after getting off the plane put it in the razor's edge and pinned it for the 1-2-3.

Howard Finkel: AND HERE IS YOUR WINNER, THE BAD GUY, RAZORRRRR RAMONNNNN!!!

Also f uck that shit bring back the winged eagle belt.

That belt is... whatever. I don't really like it, but I can tolerate it better than the spinner.

If anything, that belt sort of shines a light on a bigger issue: I think it's time for a new WWE logo. It's been, what, 16 years or so with the scratch logo? Time to retire it. The WWE Network logo didn't inspire much confidence in their design abilities, but still. We're past due for a full-on brand overhaul.

[quote name='Matt Young']I attended WrestleManias 21 and 26 and both were unforgettably great experiences. However, PWG Seven remains the best wrestling show I have seen live.

Anyway, I am in the process of watching every WrestleMania from 1-28. I have the DVD box set of 1-22 and the rest on Blu-ray. I have watched 6 so far. Has anyone else here ever attempted something like this?[/QUOTE]

It's been a while since I watched one, but I've been watching my way through the Royal Rumble box set. I believe the first RR was in 87? I've watched the first 5 so far and it has been pretty awesome.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that The Shield won last night...and I was surprised again when they won tonight. I never thought they would have them beat the unstoppable force of Cena, Ryback, and Sheamus.

I'm pretty impressed with them in the ring so far, and I hope they actually continue to have matches. They're doing a good job making it look like they are great when they wrestle as a team.

Regardless of opinions of the new belt, I think it's clear that most wrestling fans that have watched outside of the Cena Era are happy to see the "Spinner" belt finally retired.

[quote name='ced']the "Spinner" belt finally retired.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't speak so quickly, this could just be a belt for The Rock in the interim. Replacing side plates is (a) expensive and (b) subtle. It's far cheaper to replace a tiny name plate on the bottom. Methinks we'll see the spinner (we call it that, but it hasn't 'spun' in some years, yes?) return when Cena wins the belt back from The Rock.

I'd rather see some gold-plate action. WWE titles have screamed "White Trash Champion" for years now - the designs and CZ everywhere look more like something Rick Ross would wear than a "world class athlete." I think UFC's titles are great (there could be more variation, but I suppose they don't want to make one more important than the other). I think TNA's designs are really good as well. I even like the US title in WWE. Can't give them credit for the Big Gold Belt™, as that's WCW/NWA's design. But it's straight up *classic*. And, okay, I'll credit returning to the classic 80's IC title, too (thought I don't have a fucking clue who the current IC champ is, to be fair).

But the Divas' title, the WHC? You look like the most important person at the Mobile, Alabama county fair/fish fry/swap meet.

I believe Wade Barrett is the current IC Champ, and apparently is in a movie (Dead Man Down) as a grunt that probably gets killed after five minutes.

synthroid dosage levels

discount Thyroxine 100mg in USA - doses of thyroxine

holistic treatment for hypothyroidism

discount Thyroxine 200mg in Australia without prescription purchase Thyroxine 50mg in UK purchase Thyroxine 50mg in Canada discount Synthroid 50mg in Australia discount Synthroid in USA without a prescription buy Thyroxine 200mg in Australia buy Synthroid in Australia online discount Synthroid 25mg in Australia purchase Thyroxine 25mg in UK without prescription buy Thyroxine 50mg in Australia

http://drymouthsynthroid.webs.com http://thyroxineuses.webs.com http://thyroxinethyroid.webs.com http://storingsynthroid.webs.com http://levothyroxinetab.webs.com http://synthroiddoseages.webs.com http://priceofsynthroid.webs.com http://synthroidinsomnia.webs.com http://synthroidsoy.webs.com http://flomaxsynthroid.webs.com

synthroid 250 mcg thyroxine replacement papillary carcinoma natural remedies for thyroid problems what is thyroxine what are the functions of the thyroid gland synthroid uses test for thyroid synthroid 112 synthroid soy unexplained weight gain synthroid 0.075 natural thyroxine replacement 200 mcg synthroid where is your thyroid gland located coupon for synthroid synthroid milk thyroid antibodies at home thyroid test thyroxine therapy

[quote name='mykevermin']Can't give them credit for the Big Gold Belt™, as that's WCW/NWA's design. But it's straight up *classic*.

But the Divas' title, the WHC? You look like the most important person at the Mobile, Alabama county fair/fish fry/swap meet.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be a dick, did you mean the Tag belts? Otherwise that complaint doesn't really make sense given your earlier point (which I agree with). I honestly find the Tag belts have a somewhat old school feel to them, and while I don't *like* them the only belt I really despise is the WWE title.

I realize giving it to The Rock is a bigger thing, but I do wonder... given that we knew about this a while ago, and how perfectly getting rid of the spinner would've complimented Punk's character... why was it held until now? It's a little over a month out from Mania. We got a new champion a month ago. The timing is bizarre.

Give it to Punk 6 months ago. Give it to Rock the night after the Rumble. Give it to the WM winner the night after. This was just a strange choice.

[quote name='Genocidal']Not trying to be a dick, did you mean the Tag belts? Otherwise that complaint doesn't really make sense given your earlier point (which I agree with). I honestly find the Tag belts have a somewhat old school feel to them, and while I don't *like* them the only belt I really despise is the WWE title.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I meant the "WWE Championship." I get the formal titles of the two WWE champs confused, sorry.

I forgot WHC = BIG GOLD BELT. WWE Champ = SPINNAH.

[quote name='007']Give it to Punk 6 months ago. Give it to Rock the night after the Rumble. Give it to the WM winner the night after. This was just a strange choice.[/QUOTE]

A further wrinkle - is it a heel thing to do to introduce a new self-centered title belt?

[quote name='mykevermin']

A further wrinkle - is it a heel thing to do to introduce a new self-centered title belt?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Cena wasn't a heel when he introduced the spinner. Austin wasn't a heel with the Smoking Skull belt. Weirdly, there may be more of a precedent with a face introducing his 'own' belt.

The problem with the new belt is that no one knows what the fuck it is. The bulls on the side are problematic... is it Rock's belt? Is it a belt that they're going to put new side plates on for everyone that wins it? Is, as you pointed out, the spinner really dead when Cena wins the title in a month and half? The new belt actually brings up more questions than answers.

The shame of it is that a new 'regular' belt would've fit so fucking perfectly into Punk's lack-of-respect angle. He was being forced to carry another guy's belt. The damn thing writes itself. It makes sense, though, so WWE obviously wasn't going to do it. WWE Logic and all that.

You know, the more I think about it, the worse it gets. Not to be all smart mark-y, but seriously... Rock gets a title shot a year in advance. Rock main events the Royal Rumble OVER THE ROYAL RUMBLE. He beats a guy who held the belt for well over a year. He headlines WM three years in a row. He gets to introduce a new title belt. We get it, Vince, you like The Rock. He's good for business, but how many of those things could've been used to get over talent who actually, you know, is around for more than 2 months a year?

[quote name='007']how many of those things could've been used to get over talent who actually, you know, is around for more than 2 months a year?[/QUOTE]

I think the general dissatisfaction of smart marks is exposed in the Rock/Cena match - if Rock wins, we lament that he's not building new guys If Cena wins, we lament that he's not building new guys. (And then I don't help matters by saying Del Rio/Swagger is not a wrestlemania caliber title match.)

WM isn't the event to make new guys, I think. It's the time to truly send everyone home happy. Every WM as a kid ended with what felt like 985 minutes of Hogan posing to his theme music. It's that kind of event. It's WWE's fault for failing to capitalize on dudes throughout the year, but WM is not the time to do it.

- As seen on last night’s RAW, WWE aired a previously recorded video from Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger talking about immigration. Michael Cole revealed that the video came from Zeb’s personal YouTube page at “WeThePeopleZeb.” That video has been blocked by YouTube for a copyright claim by WWE, in likely what is a miscommunication between WWE and their YouTube people.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Page is up now. Disabled comments. Typical WWE wanting too much control of their presentation of the product. Shame, that. Their lack of interaction on that front has always bothered me.

[quote name='mitch079']You try abusing booze for years and let us know how you look.[/QUOTE]
Deal I will get started today.

The new belt looks more like a ring someone would wear honestly. Also, with no nameplate I ask the same question as everyone else: What do you do to differentiate it for different title holders? Those sideplates wont work for everyone. Yeah Rock can have the bull heads, maybe for Punk you could put crossed arms. What do you put for Cena? Del Rio? God forbid if somehow R-Troof wins it what do you put on the side for him? Lil' Jimmy faces or some shit like that?

I remember the Million Dollar Belt was supposed to be an egregious display of absurd wealth - as evidenced by the sheer number of jewels on it. Kids ain't gonna carry that context much further.

It looks like a graduation or super bowl ring to me. The design is okay but I also loathe the scratch logo. I love logos that are symmetrical, like WWE's version of the WCW logo. (I HATED the WCW logo right before they went belly-up).

An interesting point was brought up last night on twitter regarding Dolph's interrupted MitB cash-in last night: Why does he need to cash in the physical briefcase in order to get his guaranteed title shot as if the briefcase itself holds the power? Does he lose his title shot if he lost the briefcase or it was destroyed somehow?

WWE logic at its finest.

[quote name='Purple Flames']An interesting point was brought up last night on twitter regarding Dolph's interrupted MitB cash-in last night: Why does he need to cash in the physical briefcase in order to get his guaranteed title shot as if the briefcase itself holds the power? Does he lose his title shot if he lost the briefcase or it was destroyed somehow?

WWE logic at its finest.[/QUOTE]

Don't know if they still mention it. But when they started doing the MitB stuff, they used to mention that it had the contract for the title match in it. Probably something about needing the contract to be present to cash it in.

I'm guessing at some point, they just got too lazy to even point that out anymore.

Speaking of the new title, they just put up a feature on the various WWF/WWE belts.
http://www.wwe.com/classics/history-of-the-wwe-championship-photos
Although I'm glad the spinner is gone. I wished they would've just went back to the one before the spinner.

[quote name='mykevermin']Don't forget the goddamned signs that pervade WWE shows. I've sat 5th-6th row at ROH events and moved to the bleachers just trying to see around the big-waisted smart marks. 3rd row is quite good, though, especially if they still charge $20 for those seats.

I don't think this is a gimmick for a WM main event, but I like the realism of Jack Swagger, Tea Partier as a character. Maybe it's, to me, the very overt casting of a nutjob right winger as an uber-heel - given both McMahon's politics and WWE's fanbase (uneducated rubes, mostly right - the precise same group that loves fox news and talk radio). The overt linking of Swagger w/ Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones and Glenn Beck is *fascinating* to me - and I can't believe I totally overlooked the Ann Coulter->Zeb Colter naming trend. Duh on me. Again, I don't think it's WM main event stuff, but I do like some realism, and crazy dumbass tea partiers are real.

Go find a speech from Ted Cruz, skim a few sentences, and tell me that couldn't be word for word a Zeb Colter promo. Or, better yet, Joe Arpaio.

EDIT: truth be told, I'd love to know what a dude like Kane (uuuuuber Libertarian) thinks of the gimmick. Then again, Zeb's persona is a once-trick pony in that he's railing against immigrants, so there's enough room for plausible deniability that it's probably of no consequence.

Onto a more pleasant topic, I can not reiterate just how fucking impressed I am with Cesaro's WWE body of work. His matches make sense, the flow/order/placement of moves show focus and tell a story, and his moves are just so fucking good. I never would have guessed he'd turn out this good - I like him in ROH, but never would have put money down on him being the dude on WWE where I put my work down, look up from the laptop, and follow his matches. Just great stuff from him - without even speaking to the nuances of his character being brilliant. In a world of flippy, spotty, senseless moves meant to pop crowds and get them to tune out to mat wrestling, Cesaro's style is so.fucking.fresh.[/QUOTE]
Haven't been paying attention, but do either Swagger or Colter ever speak about any of the latinos in the WWE? Like accusing Del Rio of being an illegal immigrant or anything? Because as much as I doubt it, I'm thinking Vince might be ok with that.

Speaking of this new Swagger, which I dig, I think it'll show if political pressure had anything to do with the sterile, limpdick product they have put on the lips of WWE viewers for the last several years.

WWE pulls the cord on Swagger's new gimmick because it picks up heat, and we will have our answer. (I for one hope they steam him all the way to WrestleMania. Fantastic gimmick.)

[quote name='007']I realize giving it to The Rock is a bigger thing, but I do wonder... given that we knew about this a while ago, and how perfectly getting rid of the spinner would've complimented Punk's character... why was it held until now? It's a little over a month out from Mania. We got a new champion a month ago. The timing is bizarre.

Give it to Punk 6 months ago. Give it to Rock the night after the Rumble. Give it to the WM winner the night after. This was just a strange choice.[/QUOTE]

WWE.com article on the belt says it's been ready since WM28. Not that this info makes you feel any better, but well...there you go.

It would've been perfect timing after the punk -cena fued. Where punk was well into his 300+ days as champ gimmick. I agree that now was a poor choice. Especially if Cena picks it up after WM.

I know its completely unreasonable, but id actually like to see Rock retain. I rather Punk get his win back, or for him to just drop it to someone else.

Btw I think that belt looks pretty bland. No winged eagle, no gobe, just a big glittery wwe logo. Still, its above thd spinner belt simply by not spinning and not being big as all fuck.

Apparently they think it will help fuel the Rock-Cena feud better, with Rock having more "pull" to get the title changed, or whatever angle they plan on going with this.

Not speaking out of my ass here, but I think Punk needs to come out of WM with the belt and a win over both of them in the triple threat match they're pointing to in order to keep any momentum Punk had as WWE Champ™, otherwise it's almost like they are wiping his slate clean.... with diarrhea. No pun intended.

After watching his mannerisms at the PPV, did anybody notice that WWE is basically trying to make Del Rio into the next Eddie Guerrero? Like everything I saw him do to work the crowd made me say "Vince probably went to this dude and said 'OK your mission is to act as much like Eddie as possible' "

Then to top it all off, this feud against Swagger is being built off basically Swagger and his manager saying "We hate Mexicans" which is almost exactly what they did with JBL when he first turned heel to feud with Eddie

yeah, cm punk had said numerous times that the belt would be changing soon, in numerous interviews (ie comic cons). his character would have benefited by changing it and saying something about tradition and stuff. that being said... i hate the new design... i would have appreciated a traditional belt like the one from the early 90s (the eagle) i guess its hard to make a round design/eagle when you made the tag copper belts the with that mold.

jr was on the local radio show in milwaukee yesterday and he believes taker will wrestle at mania... but he also said if that were the case he would have been back by now.

im gonna assume that there will be a 3 way dance for the title at mania.
daniel bryan vs. kane... or they face someone like the sheild and lose the tag titles to them.
or shield vs. some combo of ryback, shemus, jericho again.
im sure next week on raw will start to set up brock vs. hhh.

[quote name='ZForce']
Then to top it all off, this feud against Swagger is being built off basically Swagger and his manager saying "We hate Mexicans" which is almost exactly what they did with JBL when he first turned heel to feud with Eddie[/QUOTE]
Well I guess I have my answer basically.

They need to pair Swagger with someone who isn't caucasian if they want to avoid/dim down the possible backlash. (If they care)

If left unchecked this could turn Swagger into another Kerwin White and ruin him. Why not throw him with a big guy who isn't doing anything?

Zeke, Mason Ryan (Is he even employed anymore?) are a few examples.

WWE is receiving more criticism from conservative websites including Twitchy and Breitbart.com for their Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter characters, accusing the company of bashing the Tea Party. WWE Senior VP of Marketing & Communications released the following statement:

“WWE has a long history of creating fictional characters that serve as either protagonists or antagonists, no different than other television shows or feature films. To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines. WWE is creating drama centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view to develop a rivalry between two characters. This storyline in no way represents WWE’s political point of view. One should not confuse WWE’s storytelling with what WWE stands for, similar to other entertainment companies such as Warner Bros., Universal Studios or Viacom.”

If Vince wasn't...well Vince basically, he'd realize there is a real opportunity here to pull a Colbert. Have Swagger just be as batshit crazy tea partier as possible, really ham it up. It could end up being hilarious, but sadly that won't happen.

I wonder if he holds the Tea Party responsible for him wasting 100 million dollars. If I were him, I would. People like Akin and Murdock sure made things harder for Linda.

Could be, I've never thought he was one of them, that's for certain. Vince seems like he has a pretty low tolerance for bullshit in his life. He may be conservative, but at the end of the day I don't think he cares about politics so long as it doesn't effect his business. So now he gets to make fun of some folks, satirize them a little, make them look foolish.

With regards to the complaints, I do think that it might be a case of looking themselves in the mirror and not liking what they see. Sometimes people like spouting of to others, but not when someone is spouting their own bullshit back at them.

Can't wait for the "WWE 2K14 Anticipation Thread"!

http://m.kotaku.com/5985608/its-officially-wwe-2k14-and-itll-still-release-this-fall

Eh, I always figured that part of whatever deal WWE made with anyone was going to be that a game still released this year. That seemed even more likely once it was noted that Yukes was still hanging around.

I just couldn't see WWE, especially with the THQ debacle, going "Oh, no, totally... don't worry about a game this year". The yearly release has got to be a pretty solid money-maker for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back