Do you buy Madden at retail?

ssssss

CAGiversary!
I know I can't justify spending $65 at retail for an annual sports game, unless it's going to be amazing. Usually, or so has been by trend for the past two years, I picked up Madden 07 on the brink of release of 08 and 08 right before 09 came out, each for $10 or so. Am I the only one who does this, or do other CAGs do the same?

I buy them on or around release day. I love Madden and it's one of the games I can always get $65 worth out of through-out a years time. Better than spending $65 on a game like Gears of War or Bioshock I only play through a couple of times then I'm done.

I bought my copy of Madden 09 at a retail store...8-9 months after release.

I paid $7.50 for Madden 09 en Espanol.

i havent bought a madden game in years. the last football game i bought was NCAA 08, in 2009. but ive been itching for some NFL action, i might cave this year and buy it shortly after release.

The last Madden I bought was 07 for $1. Still haven't played it.

The NHL games, ont he other hand.. I have a habit of picking those up at launch. EA's NHL series, not 2K's.. *shudder*

Every year at midnight for as long as I can remember. I am a sports junkie though and must have the newest rosters all the time on sports games or it bugs me. I barely played offline last year which is unusual for me but I played a ton of online.

I won't be buying any more CE's though I stupidly bought it last year and Head Coach was boring and I never played it after wasting $30 more to get the extras.

I usually buy NCAA on release night as well...

The last two Maddens, I bought them around its drop date. I get sucked into the Madden hype. 08 and 09 were bought at full retail price, but for 08 there was a good TRU deal and 09 I had BB gift cards so.. yeah.

Not since the 04 release. I just loaded up on sports games that are a year or two old so I should be set for a while. My home teams (Cleveland) always suck anyway so I couldn't care less about rosters since they never get ranked high. And then things like Fifa, NHL and NCAA I don't follow close enough to know who's who so it doesn't matter to me as long are the core play is fun.

[quote name='manthing']I bought my copy of Madden 09 at a retail store...8-9 months after release.

I paid $7.50 for Madden 09 en Espanol.[/QUOTE]

whats the diff what that and regular madden (aside from the obvious). ive seen that cheap in alot of places but didnt realize they sold spanish versions of games here. and op hell no i never pay full price for sports games. im still trying to get madden 09 for 20 or less.

I bought all the way up to Madden 09 on the 360, but that game pissed me off so much that I won't buy at launch again. Until they fix some gameplay problems online, I won't buy it again.

For that matter I'm starting to feel that way about the NBA 2K series (which I never thought I'd say).

I do buy Madden at retail... call me a junkie but something about gettign a game cheap under retail price usually gets me

a new site I saw http://www.maddendiscount.com is pretty cheap $55.99 and the had a coupon code for like $2-3 bucks if you use the coupon code madden10

so $53.99 non taxed and free shipping works for me... new at least..

I always try to order online though saves me time, money, gas, and of course annoying salesman...

:)

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I bought all the way up to Madden 09 on the 360, but that game pissed me off so much that I won't buy at launch again. Until they fix some gameplay problems online, I won't buy it again.

For that matter I'm starting to feel that way about the NBA 2K series (which I never thought I'd say).[/QUOTE]

the online issues really ruined the game for me. It was pretty much impossible to play with people that were in the same city as me. Game after game would be disconnected, immediately at the start oft the game. Although with others I was fine.

I don't buy Madden at all, but were I a Madden junkie I STILL wouldn't buy it on release date.

When you can consistently get the game at half price two months after release, and you still own the last game (released less than a year ago which has largely the same gameplay), buying Madden on release day, every year, just seems... inefficient. Just put in last year's Madden and play that for the two months you'd be waiting. There's no way that the improvements justify the cost.

Games released on a yearly basis that I DO enjoy, like Call of Duty, there's justification for the purchase. I just ignore the Treyarch ones so that I don't buy crappy reiterations every year. If I pick up the Infinity Ward ones on release date, there's a good chance that they'll stay at retail price for the entire year or more.

There's no way in hell Madden would do anything close to that.

[quote name='lokizz']whats the diff what that and regular madden (aside from the obvious). ive seen that cheap in alot of places but didnt realize they sold spanish versions of games here. and op hell no i never pay full price for sports games. im still trying to get madden 09 for 20 or less.[/QUOTE]

The text on menus and Play by play are in Spanish. Those are the only differences.

Hell, it even shows in the gamercard as Madden 09. :lol:

nope, i bought 09 about 3 month or so ago for $15 shipped on ebay. $20 is about my limit for madden, and i don't like to spend that much.

[quote name='manthing']The text on menus and Play by play are in Spanish. Those are the only differences.

Hell, it even shows in the gamercard as Madden 09. :lol:[/QUOTE]

thanks for letting me know about that ill keep my eyes out for this since it seems to be cheaper than the american version in places.

I usually take a few years off in between consecutive Madden purchases - the streak depending on how I felt about the previous ones. I've skipped the last 4 years or so but will probably get Madden 10 right away - especially with it being half priced with the friggin crack-laced EA cash cards.

I'm much more likely to buy now that they all have those Be a Pro kind of modes.

When I buy Madden, I usually get it near release day (never did the midnight thing though). I also tend to skip a couple/few years between buying. Back in the day, when I was in college, we got Madden evey year as that was my primary gaming. Now though, I play a lot of other stuff so I dont play Madden enough to justify getting it every year. Last one I got was Madden 08 and I dont know if I'm gonna get 10.

However, I dont think I'd ever buy a year old version of Madden. It would just be pointless to me. I'd play an old version if I already had it, but if I was itching to play a Madden I didnt already own, it would be the most current version.

bread's done
Back