Do you drink alcohol?

I didn't start drinking until I was 18, and I cut back a fair bit since I graduated last December.
I still don't have any problem tossing in a season of Seinfeld and draining a six-pack after work, or a bottle of wine with dinner, however. Compared to most people, I assume I'm a bit of a heavy drinker, but I'm OK with that.
I drink alone sometimes, too, and that really freaks certain people out. I don't see the big problem.
I also rarely, if ever, get hangovers of even the slightest potency. Nothing a couple scrambled eggs can't fix. Even the day after my 21st, on which I had 22 shots that I remember, I got up and worked an eight-hour shift. Just lucky, I guess.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I drink.
At least thursday through Saturday night each weekend...
On a side note, SoCo is the devil[/QUOTE]
SoCo lime with soda is my favorite mixed drink.

[quote name='defiance_17']I didn't start drinking until I was 18, and I cut back a fair bit since I graduated last December.
I still don't have any problem tossing in a season of Seinfeld and draining a six-pack after work, or a bottle of wine with dinner, however. Compared to most people, I assume I'm a bit of a heavy drinker, but I'm OK with that.
I drink alone sometimes, too, and that really freaks certain people out. I don't see the big problem.
I also rarely, if ever, get hangovers of even the slightest potency. Nothing a couple scrambled eggs can't fix. Even the day after my 21st, on which I had 22 shots that I remember, I got up and worked an eight-hour shift. Just lucky, I guess.[/quote]

Damn it! How can some people be sooo lucky...I hate hangovers.

[quote name='PRMega'] While I'm on the topic of horrible alcohol: anyone ever had 99 Berries or 99 Bananas? That stuff burns like hell, and knocked one of my roommates sideways the first night we all hung out. That's the stuff you drink when you don't want to remember who you are.[/QUOTE]

I have 99 Oranges in my freezer right now. I'm not crazy about any variety of 99, but Oranges is pretty good in certain drinks (mostly juice).

I'm along the same lines as Mana Knight, although I am only 17. I dont drink and never have, I've had a few bad experiences with it (my ex girlfriend almost dying of alcohol poisoning, a close friend had some guy try to rape her when she was really drunk, that same friend getting arrested for breaking into someones house and going to bed because she was too drunk to realize she had gone into the wrong house and other stupid shit that like happening to people I know) and as a result it doesnt hold much appeal to me. And to further push me from it I quit my summer construction job after one day because the kid who I get a ride to and from job sites with drives like a maniac and after a hot day in the sun decided to pick up some beers to drink on the 45 minute drive back from the job site. So I got to endure a harrowing ride home with a drunk driver with four passengers (3 over his legal limit because he doesnt have his full license) doing 115-125 in an 80 zone. It's amazing we didnt get pulled over or something. I'm just tired of the stupid shit people do when they are drunk. I've never gone to a party and I have no idea what Im going to do when I get to university.

Is it wrong to find the entire thing about breaking into someone's house and going to bed funny? You know you've hit rock bottom when that happens.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Is it wrong to find the entire thing about breaking into someone's house and going to bed funny? You know you've hit rock bottom when that happens.[/QUOTE]

I honestly find that hard to believe. That's f'in ridicilous.

I've never known anyone to even come close to doing something this fucking stupid, no matter how drunk (and I've seen some stupid stuff).

her defense was the its one of those subdivision things where all the houses look same (her house was like four house or something). She actually went in, got undressed and crawled into someone elses bed and went to sleep.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It was around 4pm, and a Friday. I go to bed early unfortunately (around 10pm), so I don't get to see how bars are around that time.[/QUOTE]

I get up for work at 5:30 during the week, but I can still manage to go to a bar at night on the weekend.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Is it wrong to find the entire thing about breaking into someone's house and going to bed funny? You know you've hit rock bottom when that happens.[/QUOTE]

It happens alarmingly here at my college. I'd say at least 4 or 5 times a year someone knocks on the door of the room on the wrong floor (for example, the apartment directly above or below their own) and just walk in and go to bed when someone opens the door.

Yea you don't always have to get out of control while drinking. I think the most extreme thing to ever happen in my dorm is my one roommate got really drunk off of 99 bananas, slid across the floor in his socks, and smacked into the closet.

He put a dent in the door too :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea you don't always have to get out of control while drinking. I think the most extreme thing to ever happen in my dorm is my one roommate got really drunk off of 99 bananas, slid across the floor in his socks, and smacked into the closet.

He put a dent in the door too :lol:[/QUOTE]

As an RA, I've seen some pretty ridiculous stuff haha.

I only drink with friends, other than that I don't get the point of alcohol. Oh, I hate beer and I hate wine. The point is to get fucked up right? Well then gimme a long Island or two. Or there's always an AMF (Aidos Mother fucker)

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea you don't always have to get out of control while drinking. I think the most extreme thing to ever happen in my dorm is my one roommate got really drunk off of 99 bananas, slid across the floor in his socks, and smacked into the closet.

He put a dent in the door too :lol:[/QUOTE]

omg i wuv 99 bananas. ultimate alcoholic drink to mix with juice!

I drink- after work, watching a sporting event, throwing horseshoes, at the beach. But I also do all of those things without a drink. Sometimes it adds to the fun, sometimes it is the fun.
I don't bother with beer, never have. I prefer rum, and I'd rather mix my own drinks with a nice bottle than go to a bar.
I drank more in college than I do now, both in how much and how often. Whereas before 3 drinks might have been just getting started, now 3 is usually a stopping point.

[quote name='munch']Does anyone here not drink wine? There's nothing better than a fat juicy red.[/quote]

i never developed a taste for wine. ive had a couple of wines that i dont mind, mostly white. i had a really good red wine in france, sometimes i drink spritzers because my dad gets a lot of white wines as gifts and he doesnt drink them.

[quote name='munch']Does anyone here not drink wine? There's nothing better than a fat juicy red.[/quote]

Merlot and pinot noir, but not cabernet.

[quote name='munch']Does anyone here not drink wine? There's nothing better than a fat juicy red.[/QUOTE]
I drink the occasional bottle of shiraz, but I greatly prefer good beer.

Not the biggest fan of wine, although it gets you going quick. But it does tend to give me more of a "sleepy" drunk.

Best tasting drink, although I don't like to admit it, because it's kinda "girly" is a Malibu Baybreeze. Malibu, Pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Tastes like candy.

For the CAGs i'd say try some Riunite Lambrusco, it's a cheap red wine that actually tastes good. As for me the last time i really considered myself drinking was probably back in march, since then i've had maybe a drink or two, nothing big.

[quote name='magiic']I'm along the same lines as Mana Knight, although I am only 17. I dont drink and never have, I've had a few bad experiences with it (my ex girlfriend almost dying of alcohol poisoning, a close friend had some guy try to rape her when she was really drunk, that same friend getting arrested for breaking into someones house and going to bed because she was too drunk to realize she had gone into the wrong house and other stupid shit that like happening to people I know) and as a result it doesnt hold much appeal to me. And to further push me from it I quit my summer construction job after one day because the kid who I get a ride to and from job sites with drives like a maniac and after a hot day in the sun decided to pick up some beers to drink on the 45 minute drive back from the job site. So I got to endure a harrowing ride home with a drunk driver with four passengers (3 over his legal limit because he doesnt have his full license) doing 115-125 in an 80 zone. It's amazing we didnt get pulled over or something. I'm just tired of the stupid shit people do when they are drunk. I've never gone to a party and I have no idea what Im going to do when I get to university.[/QUOTE]You'll be all right, there are other non-drinkers at college. My college has a non-drinking Facebook group, and it has 800+ members. My college has over 35k people total, so that isn't bad. Just don't give into peer pressure if you don't want to.

I really don't like dealing with drunks either, so I can understand what you mean.

Am I crazy for not completely trusting non-drinkers? I'm not saying that I want everyone to be blitzed 24-7 but there's just some weird vibe I get from people that never, ever drink.

It's like, they're afraid to get drunk because they don't trust anyone to take care of them. I'm reminded of that stupid exercise you see on TV where you have to fall backwards and trust your partner to catch you. When you're drunk or even buzzed to a certain degree, you're counting on other people to "catch" you. People who are unwilling to put themselves in that situation seem like they wouldn't help me in the same situation and thus, are hard to trust.

In a related note, I tried Foster's for the first time tonight and it is possibly the worst beer I've ever had. Good god, never again.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Its cause Fosters has kangeroo in it.[/QUOTE]

I fucking believe it, I was already buzzed when I started on a liter can and I came very close to throwing it away after my first taste.

[quote name='lordwow']I've got a Pinot Noir sitting the fridge, I haven't tried one before.[/quote]

Dude, you're not supposed to refrigerate reds...

My new shipment of Beer of the Month arrived! I have to pick it up from my neighbor who signed for it now. There had better be some tasty beers in there this time!

Whoops. Good catch.

I cringe everytime my father-in-law puts ice cubes in his merlot. Oh well. To each his own, I guess.

[quote name='shieryda']My new shipment of Beer of the Month arrived! I have to pick it up from my neighbor who signed for it now. There had better be some tasty beers in there this time!

I cringe everytime my father-in-law puts ice cubes in his merlot. Oh well. To each his own, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yikes, ya, this Pinot Noir was the first red wine I've purchased (yay being 21). But ya, I've had a few white wines, but I yanked it out of the fridge as soon as I read that, amateur mistake :)

[quote name='shieryda']Dude, you're not supposed to refrigerate reds...[/quote]

You are supposed to chill a Beaujolais, although you're only supposed to chill the lighter and fruitier ones. Some Pinot Noirs are light enough that it wouldn't be sacrilege.

I dont drink as well even though I'm 19. I just have never really liked the taste of that stuff. I normally dont do much on the weekends either but that is my personal choice. I do go to college and have been asked to go to parties but what I have seen is that most parties include drinking and playing games while drinking. I dont see a point of getting drunk while playing a game.

Toasted right now. New great mix I was exposed to tonight. Captain Morgan's Private stock and ginger ale. The perfect combo tastes just like cream soda.

[quote name='PapiChullo']Toasted right now. New great mix I was exposed to tonight. Captain Morgan's Private stock and ginger ale. The perfect combo tastes just like cream soda.[/QUOTE]

I hate you. I just signed the lease on my new apartment with my cousin; I'd like nothing more right now than to cart in a couch and get shit faced :D But of course, I have to work tomorrow. Have a drink for me, and thanks for the recipe ;)

[quote name='ttriber']I dont drink as well even though I'm 19. I just have never really liked the taste of that stuff. I normally dont do much on the weekends either but that is my personal choice. I do go to college and have been asked to go to parties but what I have seen is that most parties include drinking and playing games while drinking. I dont see a point of getting drunk while playing a game.[/QUOTE]

You have never played Super Mario Brothers with Okinawa Stinger Battery barracks rules.

It's pretty simple, have enough beers so you can tell that you're not normal, for me it's about 4. Then, with a friend, play Super Mario Brothers. Everytime you die, another beer *fast*. Everytime you finish a castle (1-4, 2-4, etc) another beer *fast*. No warping. The game is hard as hell by the time you get to like world 5. I've made it to world 8 before I could no longer sit upright on my couch.

I don't actively seek out alcohol, but if I do drink, it's pretty limited. Beer-wise: Guinness, Beck's, and Grölsch. Hard alcohol-wise: Screwdriver, Jäger and Coke...or make that Jäger and most things. Most other mixed drinks don't really do much for me.

[quote name='PRMega']I hate you. I just signed the lease on my new apartment with my cousin; I'd like nothing more right now than to cart in a couch and get shit faced :D But of course, I have to work tomorrow. Have a drink for me, and thanks for the recipe ;)[/QUOTE]
Hey, just save up and get your damage done tomorrow (i guess really tonight).

When I mentioned about how my birthday is during a week I'll be on my college campus at a forum people at my college post at, my friends there (who know me in real life) definitely want to take me out. And you probably know what they're going to get me to do
Get wasted

[quote name='The Mana Knight']When I mentioned about how my birthday is during a week I'll be on my college campus at a forum people at my college post at, my friends there (who know me in real life) definitely want to take me out. And you probably know what they're going to get me to do
Get wasted
.[/QUOTE]

Birthdays are the best time to start drinking, you can try all sorts of stuff for free.

bread's done
Back