Do you guys use Gamefly?

Legit HC

CAG Veteran
I'm contemplating on whether or not of purchasing it because I want to play games like AC3 , but i don't want to shell $60 for only 8 hours of gameplay. Is it worth it?

If you like spending more than half of your subscription period waiting for a game to arrive, sure.

And more often than not, it's not going to be the game that you want. Everything goes into "low availability" on release day. They recommend you put ten games in your queue.. I -never- got anything in my top five. Ever. I wanted to play Crackdown 2 at launch, and it had "low availability" a month and a half after it launched. Really? Never again.

If you've never used it before you can enter some shitty promo code to get another extra 14 days like gamefly.com/burr etc and then when that time trial expires when you cancel they'll ask if you want another free month.
Good luck trying to get AC 3 now if you don't get a new game on the day of release you'll be waiting a while I've been using them for three months and they have yet to not send me a game I had on my queue on release date.

It's terrible takes forever to get anything new, and it's hard to get smaller titles as well.

I think GameFly is pretty good, but when it comes to renting new releases it's not so great. I have no idea how they go about selecting who gets what when it is released. Personally I never used GF for brand new stuff. They do have pretty good deals when buying games. I think back when Final Fantasy XIII-2 was like $30+ I bought it from GF for like $13.

I had it a while ago when McDonald's Monopoly had free months as prizes and I had 6 months for free. It was nice to try games without buying them without having to worry about returning them in a few days but with games becoming so cheap to buy now, I find it easier to just wait for a good deal on a game and then keep it rather than use Gamefly. If I had to pay for it, I probably wouldn't have kept it for more than a couple of months.

No idea what the people complaining are talking about. Bad luck I guess.

Assassin's Creed 3, Shipped out the day it came out.
Littlebigplanet Karting, Shipped out the day it came out.
And right now I have Hitman: Absolution for PS3 out.

The thing is to have the new game you want at the top of your queue and have it be the ONLY game in your queue.

As for shipping. It's not awful for me. If they ship out Monday, I get it Wednesday. Thursday, Get it Saturday, etc.

Then again they have a shipping center in Austin, TX and I live in Oklahoma.

So (imo) it's a great service and couldn't imagine not having it.

[quote name='Komentra']No idea what the people complaining are talking about. Bad luck I guess.

Assassin's Creed 3, Shipped out the day it came out.
Littlebigplanet Karting, Shipped out the day it came out.
And right now I have Hitman: Absolution for PS3 out.

The thing is to have the new game you want at the top of your queue and have it be the ONLY game in your queue.

As for shipping. It's not awful for me. If they ship out Monday, I get it Wednesday. Thursday, Get it Saturday, etc.

Then again they have a shipping center in Austin, TX and I live in Oklahoma.

So (imo) it's a great service and couldn't imagine not having it.[/QUOTE]

This! I always got new games shipped out a day before the official release date and had them come 1-2 days later. Great service and if you join it's only around $8 your first time and you can get another free month

[quote name='Raiders4life']This! I always got new games shipped out a day before the official release date and had them come 1-2 days later. Great service and if you join it's only around $8 your first time and you can get another free month[/QUOTE]

Here's a little known secret too. Wait until that first month is almost over and then go to cancel your account and they will offer you your 2nd month free of charge.

There's also a way to just pay $12/mo for 2 games out instead of $23 but It requires multiple accounts and some minor exploiting which I'm sure isn't allowed here so I won't even go there, lol.

I recently took advantage of all my Gamefly accounts in the $12 off promotion and I have the same name & debit card tied to them and they didn't say anything.

[quote name='Komentra']Here's a little known secret too. Wait until that first month is almost over and then go to cancel your account and they will offer you your 2nd month free of charge.

There's also a way to just pay $12/mo for 2 games out instead of $23 but It requires multiple accounts and some minor exploiting which I'm sure isn't allowed here so I won't even go there, lol.

I recently took advantage of all my Gamefly accounts in the $12 off promotion and I have the same name & debit card tied to them and they didn't say anything.[/QUOTE]

YES! I loved that when I had GF :D

Have never used it, never plan to. I prefer to own all my games should I ever have the urge to revisit something. The very few times I end up hating a game, it gets traded. That's extremely rare though.

I have been using it for a few months now and can honestly say I am satisfied with it. Especially if you haven't been able to get around to games for awhile. I have over ten games in my Q right now and haven't got to play any of them so I am happy to get any of the ten. I could imagine though it being frustrating if you are only wanting new releases because I never really get any of the new games I have on my Q.

I tried the new release being the only game in my queue. I even added the 360 version and the PS3 version as the only items in my queue, didn't get either. I live in Seattle and it took 3-4 days to get the games from California.

I would have "available" games on the top of my list. It would not even be a new release game it would be almost 6 months after release and available. I would get the 99th game on my list, when the other 98 games would all be available.

I decided at that point that I'll just wait until the games are in the bargain bin and play what I want when I want and save money.

For disclosure I only had the one disc play. I'm sure they give priority to the people who have the multiple disc plans and I got sloppy seconds when games got chosen.

I use Gamefly, I've gotten every new release except Halo 4. I recently just got Hitman Absolution. I'm happy with it, I've been a member for almost a year now.

I don't although I've thought about it many times. My backlog of cheap games is so large that I don't really have a need to use gamefly, I have my own personal gamefly library. I've heard that newer games are harder to get, and I'm not that worried about playing the latest and greatest right when it comes out anyways, I'll just wait to buy it when a game goes cheaper. There is also the aspect of how long it takes to beat games, I rotate games often then come back to them a couple weeks later, I think I would feel obligated to work through my gamefly game or guilty that I wasn't when I played other games. Sometimes I'll have a movie from netflix for a while and those are only 2 hours.

I do buy a lot of games from gamefly though.

[quote name='EvilIA']I tried the new release being the only game in my queue. I even added the 360 version and the PS3 version as the only items in my queue, didn't get either. I live in Seattle and it took 3-4 days to get the games from California.

I would have "available" games on the top of my list. It would not even be a new release game it would be almost 6 months after release and available. I would get the 99th game on my list, when the other 98 games would all be available.

I decided at that point that I'll just wait until the games are in the bargain bin and play what I want when I want and save money.

For disclosure I only had the one disc play. I'm sure they give priority to the people who have the multiple disc plans and I got sloppy seconds when games got chosen.[/QUOTE]

They have a shipping center in Seattle now.

I'm a couple hours outside of Seattle and I receive games the day after they ship.
It's nice because ill typically receive a new game the same day it's released.

bread's done
Back