Do you hate flippers?

I'm voting don't care.

As someone who loves finding a kick ass clearance sale on a game that I want to play, I hate the idea someone will buy it just because they can sell it and make money online.

As someone who love finding a kick ass clearance sale on a game or something that I know I can sell online for twice or more what I can pay for it, I don't mind it. :lol:

It does bother me if I notice someone checking prices on ebay on a phone at a thrift store or something though. Specially if I just want to check to see if there's any interesting old PC games mixed in with the CDs and they act like they own the place or I'm trying to rape them if I make a move to start looking at stuff.

I hate it when they buy ass loads of things so there are none left. A thing or two here and there is totally cool.

[quote name='mguiddy']I'm voting don't care.

As someone who loves finding a kick ass clearance sale on a game that I want to play, I hate the idea someone will buy it just because they can sell it and make money online.

As someone who love finding a kick ass clearance sale on a game or something that I know I can sell online for twice or more what I can pay for it, I don't mind it. :lol:

It does bother me if I notice someone checking prices on ebay on a phone at a thrift store or something though. Specially if I just want to check to see if there's any interesting old PC games mixed in with the CDs and they act like they own the place or I'm trying to rape them if I make a move to start looking at stuff.[/QUOTE]

Basically my thoughts on the subject. And man, I've definitely run into people who basically block entire sections off to try and find good flips but they're really easy to get rid of. I just get a store employee and they'll almost always kick them out so it's not a huge deal.

Why do you assume thats from BBV? Someone would have gone to a lot of trouble to buy the replacement blu cases to switch for the dvd sizes ones here. (unless my store is different from yours).

[quote name='mguiddy']
It does bother me if I notice someone checking prices on ebay on a phone at a thrift store or something though. Specially if I just want to check to see if there's any interesting old PC games mixed in with the CDs and they act like they own the place or I'm trying to rape them if I make a move to start looking at stuff.[/QUOTE]

.....I was that guy yesterday. But I wasn't hoarding the section from everyone else. I was just checking out all of the games littered throughout the CD section. I was definitely scanning the barcodes into my Amazon app to see what was selling for what to see if it was a good deal or not.

I guess I suck. :cry:

You know, as a flipper myself I find these stories of assholes who won't let other people near a shelf of games/toys/etc amazing, because I have never seen that and I would never do that. Money is great, but it's not everything in life, and if I'm going through a stack of games or hell, even if I'm hoarding a pile of clearance titles, I will ALWAYS let someone have what they want.

I've many times been at Target and given games to people out of my cart, who the fuck cares!? Maybe I lose 10-20 bucks, no big deal, I'm not an asshole and it's a shame that lots of times being a reseller I get lumped in with these douchebags who think it's their god-given right to look through and buy stuff before anyone else.

Also, I find the comment "buy games because you want to play them, not because you want to resell them" laughable. First of all, that comment can be said about anything in life that you may sell. I suppose if you're content with simply being a consumer your entire life and not stepping above and beyond and learning how to make money on your own besides working for someone else, then I guess that works for you. Some people have a more entrepreneurial spirit than you, reselling isn't "wrong", because honestly...that's retail, and furthermore, that's capitalism.

I beg to question what is worse: Buying a game to resell or buy a game for a collection? On one hand, you're buying it, making a few bucks, and probably selling it to someone who will play it. On the other hand, you're more than likely going to shove it on a shelf and never think about it again. That's what I did when I collected, I had 3000+ games and played maybe 5% of them.

I resell games to buy more games. Sometimes I come across a game that is rare, expensive but is of no interest to me (i.e. Tomba) and I resell it to get a help finance my gaming wants (i.e. SNES & Neo Geo). I'm not sure if this makes me a flipper, but I sure as hell am not gonna spend tons of my daughters college fund on reliving my childhood or picking up the latest PS3 games.

I enjoy browsing yard sales/goodwills and such looking for rare games, some to keep and some to sell. Its not my living, but it is fun. As for people who buy out 50 games on clearance, so be it. Not my cup o tea but if thats how they earn a living then oh well, get there early and you'll have no worries. I have never come across an individual who tried to stand in front of a clearance section and block me out. Maybe it's because I'm a pretty big Marine looking dude, or maybe I have just never come across these dickholes in the wild.

So I guess I don't care.

It's mostly El Hoardo that I hate.

Somebody buying one or two, that's fine. But the douchers who buy 20 of a game, that's what I hate.

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']It's mostly El Hoardo that I hate.

Somebody buying one or two, that's fine. But the douchers who buy 20 of a game, that's what I hate.[/QUOTE]

+1 I don't really care about people flipping stuff as I've done it myself before a few times but I can't stand the people who buy up literally everything just to resell.

The thing I don't get about Target Hoarders is that 95% of that stuff got clearanced for a reason, that being that it's crap no one wants in the first place, let alone at full retail price. I only buy items to flip if I know I'm going to make at least $10 profit, and the clearance items at Target very rarely fit this category. It's just too much trouble having to list items on Amazon / eBay, pay the fees, purchase shipping supplies, get the item ready for shipping, and go to the post office to send it, to be worth the hassle.

The vast majority of items I flip are things I find at Goodwill that are worth more than they really should be like video games that have long since been re-released in some other format, but the originals are still worth money. There's nothing wrong with selling an item at whatever price the market is willing to pay for it. I'd much rather sell the game to someone who wants it at the price they're willing to pay for it, then to let some crack head buy it and pawn it for booze money, and around here that's the only other people shopping in Goodwill besides myself, the junkies and the shoplifters.

There's like a civil war going on here, and there two sides. There's flippers, and there's hoarders and hoarders have got to go. Everytime a flipper wanna get a good deal, greedy ass hoarders got to fuck it up. Can't buy shit, cant buy shit, without some ignorant ass hoarder fuckin it up. Can't keep a game on clearance longer than a week. Why? Because hoarders bought that shit up. "Damn this is a good deal, this is so good I'm going to screw everyone over and buy every last copy." I'm fine with flippers, man, but I hate hoarders, I hate hoarders. I wish they'd let me join the NRA. Shit I'd do a drive-by from here to Brooklyn. I'm tired of hoarders man, tired, tired, tired. Fi, fi, fo, foarder, damn I hate me a hoarder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew, I thought this was an anti-pinball topic. I was about to go buck-wild...

Sorta, yeah. Buy to play, not resell. If you do flip, don't be a prick and leave some for those who want to play it but work and can't get there as early as you.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I'm not an asshole and it's a shame that lots of times being a reseller I get lumped in with these douchebags who think it's their god-given right to look through and buy stuff before anyone else.

Also, I find the comment "buy games because you want to play them, not because you want to resell them" laughable. First of all, that comment can be said about anything in life that you may sell. I suppose if you're content with simply being a consumer your entire life and not stepping above and beyond and learning how to make money on your own besides working for someone else, then I guess that works for you. Some people have a more entrepreneurial spirit than you, reselling isn't "wrong", because honestly...that's retail, and furthermore, that's capitalism.

I beg to question what is worse: Buying a game to resell or buy a game for a collection? On one hand, you're buying it, making a few bucks, and probably selling it to someone who will play it. On the other hand, you're more than likely going to shove it on a shelf and never think about it again. That's what I did when I collected, I had 3000+ games and played maybe 5% of them.[/QUOTE]

Well we can make a ton of exceptions for each case, it's just easier to generalize. It's cool if you can spare some games and just make the money on titles people care less about.

We're not talking never reselling. We mean those who always grab all available copies to horde and sell, no intent to play. I guess that's less about clearance titles and more for those who rush out on a launch day to scalp what they can get their grubby hands on.

Hey now, don't be bashing us collectors. In your example, neither as we are only taking one copy. Although it's kinda crappy that you'd buy a game just to make a couple bucks off someone else who could have purchased the title on sale. I can tell you I buy a lot of games but intend to play everything. Some might get put away though, say if I wear myself out on a genre.

[quote name='Arakias']Why do you assume thats from BBV? Someone would have gone to a lot of trouble to buy the replacement blu cases to switch for the dvd sizes ones here. (unless my store is different from yours).[/QUOTE]

And considering it's stated that one comes with 3d glasses, the resident evil is HD-blu, and digital copy redemption codes are included with some are a clear sign that this is not a BBV flipper.

[quote name='CAG Trader']

We're not talking never reselling. We mean those who always grab all available copies to horde and sell, no intent to play. I guess that's less about clearance titles and more for those who rush out on a launch day to scalp what they can get their grubby hands on.

Hey now, don't be bashing us collectors. In your example, neither as we are only taking one copy. Although it's kinda crappy that you'd buy a game just to make a couple bucks off someone else who could have purchased the title on sale. I can tell you I buy a lot of games but intend to play everything. Some might get put away though, say if I wear myself out on a genre.[/QUOTE]
+1 agree. Collector's should not be equated to hoarders.

Anyone who says they hate flippers is lying. If you found a copy of Earthbound or Suikoden 2 for $5 but are not an RPG fan, I call bullshit, if you say you would not pick it up to use to buy a different game you want.

On scanners..I respect their right to use technology, but I'm of a different breed. I think it takes the fun out of the hunt.

[quote name='spmahn']The thing I don't get about Target Hoarders is that 95% of that stuff got clearanced for a reason, that being that it's crap no one wants in the first place, let alone at full retail price. I only buy items to flip if I know I'm going to make at least $10 profit, and the clearance items at Target very rarely fit this category. It's just too much trouble having to list items on Amazon / eBay, pay the fees, purchase shipping supplies, get the item ready for shipping, and go to the post office to send it, to be worth the hassle.

The vast majority of items I flip are things I find at Goodwill that are worth more than they really should be like video games that have long since been re-released in some other format, but the originals are still worth money. There's nothing wrong with selling an item at whatever price the market is willing to pay for it. I'd much rather sell the game to someone who wants it at the price they're willing to pay for it, then to let some crack head buy it and pawn it for booze money, and around here that's the only other people shopping in Goodwill besides myself, the junkies and the shoplifters.[/QUOTE]

This is why hoarders are dumb. In many cases it seems like they will hoard anything regardless of potential profit. Like this week the $20 Flingsmash + Wiimote Plus bundles at Target. The employee straight-up told me they were taken by hoarders. Yeah, it's a good deal, but the same bundle is $30 straight from Amazon. How are you gonna make any profit competing with that? (Ultimately, I got mine for $18 at Sears thanks to a price match...why didn't the hoarders do that too? Both Targets near where I live are within five minutes of a Sears!)

Of course sometimes the hoarders strike upon a good flip that's actually worth hoarding - good for them, I guess - but it may as well just be blind luck next to all the crap they buy.

Personally I'm ok with flipping as long as it's done intelligently and with some discretion. I've been doing plenty of flipping lately and I don't feel I've robbed anyone of a deal they were hoping to get.

[quote name='kermit036']+1 agree. Collector's should not be equated to hoarders.

Anyone who says they hate flippers is lying. If you found a copy of Earthbound or Suikoden 2 for $5 but are not an RPG fan, I call bullshit, if you say you would not pick it up to use to buy a different game you want.

On scanners..I respect their right to use technology, but I'm of a different breed. I think it takes the fun out of the hunt.[/QUOTE]

Agree with your first point completely. I gave up the flimsy anti-flipper position pretty much as soon as I realized that.

As for the scanner guys, they just look goofy and are practically begging to be mocked. If I had a phone that could do scanning, would I use it? Sure, but I wouldn't just stand in the Blockbuster for a half hour like a doofus scanning everything in plain sight.

I'll admit, when I first opened this thread, I thought people were going to be hating on pinball machines or Paul Hogan/Elijiah Wood movies.

I hate Flipper too.

That damn dolphin thinks he special, when he's really not. Get in my tuna like all the other dolphins.

1.) As long as they don't take everything the store has in stock and leave some for others, considering that there is a decent amount in stock.

2.) As long as they don't expect the buyer to pay retail price, since they got an item at a discounted rate they should give the buyers discounted rates too.

[quote name='CaoPi']topic, also I assume this is from the BBV sale? :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-53-BLU-RAY-MOVIES-/270744515242?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3f09a172aa [/QUOTE]
FYI: That Blu-Ray lot is most likely NOT from Blockbuster, since they all seem to have original Blu-Ray cases and those movies supposedly come packaged in the security cases to the BBV stores and as such only the new/sealed ones have original cases.

So unless that person went and bought up an assload of replacement cases, I don't think those are from BBV.

As for the hate on flippers, I think it's cute. People have to have something to rally behind, so why not insult and degrade people who are just gamers like you, but trying to make money towards that next game THEY want.

I've done both flipping and I've been El Hoardo in the past. Would I recommend either? Only the flipping part, since it's nice to use credit you got from flipping stuff to get new release games on launch day and still have plenty of cash/credit left over for the next game you want.

To me, flipping is about gaming smarter and not being in the normal consumer mindset.

I really don't care, if there are gonna be flippers there will be flippers. If I wait long enough the game I want to play will go cheap enough on ebay or be on clearance at Amazon so I can get it then. There aren't many stores that clearance around here so there isn't much opportunity to be el hoardo or to do flipping. Its also getting much harder to sell things for a profit online that you buy from retail stores even if it is on clearance so if you are el hoardo you have to have a sure fire way other than ebay or CL to make profit on the items you just hoarded.

There is something that annoys me MUCH MUCH more than flipping or hoarding video game or electronics items. Basically there is this show on TV called extreme couponing which features people going into a grocery store with hoards of coupons and cleaning out the shelves, and some committing coupon fraud in the process which is really a story for another day as I am trying to give you guys the short version. After this show debuted I have seen a constant increase in out of stock grocery items.

What annoys me the absolute most is when someone comes in and takes ALL the grocery items of one particular product out of one store that are on sale leaving none for anyone else. You really don't need 50 or more boxes of crackers (this is just a random example) so please do not clean out the shelves and leave none for anyone else and leave the store to deal with the unhappy customers. I just want to buy 1-2 boxes of crackers with a coupon and save a dollar (again this is a random example, I realize a box of crackers is not exactly a food essential). This is much worse than hoarding video games as you don't really need a video game, again I realize that you don't need that box of crackers either, but someone might be making a recipe and is planning on getting that box of crackers at that store, and when its all gone it is incredibly annoying.

There is no other reason for why a store would be out of several items that had coupons in the paper on a sunday morning when the store just opened a couple hours ago other than a food hoarder hit the store. And this folks, is what annoys me more than flipping video games, I really don't care if you are buying video games from Kmart for $1 and flipping them for $50 each, but I have to eat like everyone else and I would like to be able to use one each of the coupons provided in the local paper in order to save a reasonable amount of money on the grocery bill.

Thank you for listening to my rant for the day!

I don't care about flippers or hoarders either. All games end up in the $10-$20 range so it's not a big deal.

In fact, I've been a hoarder myself. I'll do anything I can to make a few effortless bucks on the side. You might call it hoarding, I call it hustling.

I don't mind flippers, i have flipped in the past and still today (come at me CAG) but i dont buy 039443982424343 copies of a game to flip, just one or two and leave one or more for others to get.

you really should include hoarders OP

I dont mind flippers or hoarders I mean there are ALWAYS going to be some fucking asshole who has entitlement issues and believes they came first and thats the unquestioned law. What I do mind are the people who feel they deserve an award for being a ****. I posted once that I saw 4 CoD Black ops bundles for 40 at a target after buying 1 myself. I then got a guy who wanted to buy them all PMed me asking for every detail saying he would love to flip them... its shit like THAT that gets old. Lets also not forget threads that want to sell/trade free DLC. Some people are selling banshees (10+) and tried to make even a dollar. This all bugs me because I know its happening.

IE this is basically a case of if I dont know better I can live in my ideal world of whatever I choose to believe.

[quote name='SaraAB']I really don't care, if there are gonna be flippers there will be flippers. If I wait long enough the game I want to play will go cheap enough on ebay or be on clearance at Amazon so I can get it then. There aren't many stores that clearance around here so there isn't much opportunity to be el hoardo or to do flipping. Its also getting much harder to sell things for a profit online that you buy from retail stores even if it is on clearance so if you are el hoardo you have to have a sure fire way other than ebay or CL to make profit on the items you just hoarded.

There is something that annoys me MUCH MUCH more than flipping or hoarding video game or electronics items. Basically there is this show on TV called extreme couponing which features people going into a grocery store with hoards of coupons and cleaning out the shelves, and some committing coupon fraud in the process which is really a story for another day as I am trying to give you guys the short version. After this show debuted I have seen a constant increase in out of stock grocery items.

What annoys me the absolute most is when someone comes in and takes ALL the grocery items of one particular product out of one store that are on sale leaving none for anyone else. You really don't need 50 or more boxes of crackers (this is just a random example) so please do not clean out the shelves and leave none for anyone else and leave the store to deal with the unhappy customers. I just want to buy 1-2 boxes of crackers with a coupon and save a dollar (again this is a random example, I realize a box of crackers is not exactly a food essential). This is much worse than hoarding video games as you don't really need a video game, again I realize that you don't need that box of crackers either, but someone might be making a recipe and is planning on getting that box of crackers at that store, and when its all gone it is incredibly annoying.

There is no other reason for why a store would be out of several items that had coupons in the paper on a sunday morning when the store just opened a couple hours ago other than a food hoarder hit the store. And this folks, is what annoys me more than flipping video games, I really don't care if you are buying video games from Kmart for $1 and flipping them for $50 each, but I have to eat like everyone else and I would like to be able to use one each of the coupons provided in the local paper in order to save a reasonable amount of money on the grocery bill.

Thank you for listening to my rant for the day![/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!

My god, you know, if someone buys 50 games on clearance for a buck each and sells them for profit, that's great, they are supplementing their income or making a living. But I know people who have 5 years worth of body wash/sodas/toilet paper/etc. because they are "extreme couponers". fuck that noise. It gets to a point where you DO NOT NEED that much, and then you're just finding a place to store it.

Coupons are fantastic, but it comes to a point where you are spending MORE MONEY just to get "deals" and then hoarding them until you find a use for them.

Simple Answer: Yes.

I got no problem people buying one or maybe 2 copies of a game/movie for personal use. It bugs me when someone buys a bunch of copies of the same item at once. Obviously they're just going to turn around and sell them at an inflated price. It really does kill the deal for those who actually want to play the game/see the movie at a cheap price.

There's nothing illegal in my book about flipping just seems like a part of a grey area/kind of shady act. Kind of like when someone uses coupons at a convience store/grocery store/discount store to a point where the store ends up owing money to the buyer. "Your total after taxes is -$3.50. You saved 110%"

Best example I can think of is the B2G2 PS2, GC, GBA sale at GS a month ago. I'd say every other person, myself included, that posted in there said either "couldn't decide on a fourth game I wanted so I grabbed X to make back some of the money I spent" or "I really wanted X and Y and found lots of Z so I bought a couple to round out the group to sell so I'm not spending money I don't have on video games." That I think is 100% okay, and honestly part of being a CAG.

On the other hand there was a guy at one of the store I went to who asked the GS clerks if he could make a pile of game for himself since they don't have shopping carraiges, put every non-sport PS2, GC and GBA game on the counter where the clerk told him and then checked each and every one on eBay/Amazon leaving the clerk to put back the ones he couldn't make money on. Luckily I got there 5 minutes before him and grabbed most of what I wanted, but it was one of the more ridiculous hoarding experiences I've seen.

Unequivocally, YES! Hate flippers and hoarders or anyone in general buying something they can't obviously afford, only to try and resale it! What a waste of effort and time for such little payback and it only robs the true collectors of something they could have gotten a deal on, and now must seek out some secondary market of shady re-sellers charging a premium. Granted, if it's something I really need for my collection, I will pay whatever price is necessary, BUT I'd much rather a deal when possible. If you can't buy it because you really want to play it OR add it to a collection of some sort, then please leave it on the shelf for someone who does!

To answer the person's question on previous page, I would much rather a copy of some game I need for my collection to sit on my shelf and never get played, remaining new and sealed, than for some cheap reseller to break open a perfectly good seal just to make $5 cash or trade-in credit, but maybe that's just me:whistle2:\"

It's a double edged sword. Everyone likes to make a profit once in a while, or on the other side of the table, snatch something for a bargain. Your opinion depends on which side you are on. But the whole "buy low sell high" mentality is a legendary american deed. It's business 101. That's how businesses and stores keep their doors open. What about all the made in china goods we buy? Built cheap, sell for a higher price, etc. Once I heard it costs like $1 to make a pair of brand name sneakers, but people pay $50-100 for them. You get the idea.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']This is why hoarders are dumb. In many cases it seems like they will hoard anything regardless of potential profit. Like this week the $20 Flingsmash + Wiimote Plus bundles at Target. The employee straight-up told me they were taken by hoarders. Yeah, it's a good deal, but the same bundle is $30 straight from Amazon. How are you gonna make any profit competing with that? (Ultimately, I got mine for $18 at Sears thanks to a price match...why didn't the hoarders do that too? Both Targets near where I live are within five minutes of a Sears!)

[/QUOTE]

Those hoarders are retarded. They're the ones that don't make any money because they fail to include eBay fees, paypal fees and shipping costs into their final price. I'm pretty sure that there are people out there that say "Shit, I bought this item for $20 at Target and sold it for $30 on eBay! I just made $10." They're morons and they actually kill the flipping game for most flippers.

[quote name='Erabiont']I don't mind if they take like 2-3 things, but don't kill the fucking deal for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

I can't stand this type of reasoning for one reason. If you want something, get there fucking earlier. It's ridiculous to assume that no one is going to drop by the store and buy up the items you're looking for before you head there. I'll be the first to admit I hoard the shit out of things to make money and I have no qualms what so ever in doing it. I'm not one of those flippers that gets out of bed early to go buy stuff to flip, but rather one that always arrives late to sales. I hit up the BBV sale 3 days after it started and the pile of games I have is quite damn awesome. If someone's going to try and bad-mouth me or say "You're el hoardo!!!!" they can go screw themselves. They had 3 days to get to the store and buy the games and they didn't.

The bottom line is, if you want something, get off your ass and go get it as soon as you learn about it. Don't mope around the house and play video games assuming the item is going to be there in a few hours or days.

Damn you, capitalism.

But seriously, I really don't care what you do with what you buy. Play it, sell it, eat it. I don't care. I'll be honest, I've done some flipping here and there. I don't go around actively looking at the deals in the Sunday ads to figure out what to buy and flip. I usually don't go around buying multiple copies of games and if I do, it's nowhere the ridiculous amounts hoarders do. You will always find copies if you go to the stores I go to.

When I'm flipping it's going to GameStop, Best Buy, or Amazon for trading. eBay and kind Amazon's marketplace aren't that much better than the credits I can get when there's a good trade deal going on. I don't stupidly go trade on a day when there's no deal. I try to bank on these 3/$10 that GameStop does or Best Buy's special $20 and $30 game lists. And I throw in my own games from my personal collection to pad the credits. So go buy my used copies and shut up. :)

But back to being serious, the argument about not being able to find what you want is stupid from the get-go. While not all sales have customer limits, I know they exist(ed) (at some point. I really don't see them anymore...). Stores probably should return to that policy. You certainly see it during Black Friday. And before the days of the Internet and before you had these forums to discuss deals before they even happened, what did you do when you saw a great deal? You hauled your ass to the store to make sure you can grab yourself one. I have no sympathy for the CAGs here that were bitching in the BBV thread about how they couldn't find anything when they were two or three days into the sale. Are you kidding me? Other customers heard about the sale, and they bought games that you probably also wanted. Hoarders and flippers aren't your only competition. You got savvy shoppers like yourself you're competing with and of course regular Joe consumer.

Just had to get some of that off my chest.

Honestly hoarders are a problem regardless of what kind of hobby you are in but I maintain my stance on the fact that food and essential hoarders are the worst because they are taking stuff that people actually NEED.

You don't really need 100 sticks of deodorant and I can get deodorant for like $2 or less per stick and it takes me at least a month to use up a stick so there is no reason for me to hoard them since I don't use that many. I will buy a multi-pack of 4-5 sticks and if I have a coupon I might buy one extra but that is the extent of it. Any more would just be me spending money on something I don't need. I rarely keep more than 5 of an item in stock at any time in the house and even those items are reserved for things that my family and I use a lot of like peanut butter and toothpaste. When I accumulate 5 of an item I usually don't buy more until I have used up the stockpile I already have. I would consider a reasonable stockpile to be 5-10 of one item but if you are exceeding 10 per item unless its something you really use a lot that is borderline hoarding.

For some people its to the point where they have something like 200 packs of toilet paper and 500 tubes of toothpaste just because they bought it on sale with a coupon and they keep buying more. At this point you are spending money for things you don't really need and that is just being wasteful with your money. Its like how buying something in bulk isn't always the best deal if you aren't going to use all of it. Why pay more for more product when you aren't going to use it all??

If I see a video game or electronics hoarder I would just laugh since most of what is on the clearance racks here cannot be turned for a profit at least through normal online channels unless they have some kind of super secret way of getting rid of the stuff at a profit. They will most likely lose money on what they are buying if they take everything off of a clearance rack. Stores are getting smart and they are not clearancing things like they used to, I think store clearances are designed so that they price things just under ebay prices so that the person buying gets a good deal but its not too attractive to a hoarder because they can't make enough profit to justify buying stuff just for that purpose but that they will try anyways if they are stupid.

[quote name='SaraAB']Stores are getting smart and they are not clearancing things like they used to, I think store clearances are designed so that they price things just under ebay prices so that the person buying gets a good deal but its not too attractive to a hoarder because they can't make enough profit to justify buying stuff just for that purpose but that they will try anyways if they are stupid.[/QUOTE]

Most stores don't give a shit about hoarders unless it's those god-awful door-buster or black friday sales. They mark it down on clearance for a reason, they need to CLEAR it because they need the shelf space. There's been multiple times I've wiped clean a clearance section only to be thanked by the manager, and sometimes even given an extra discount. I was on such a good basis with several Blockbuster managers that anytime the clearance sale would come up they'd expect to see me and know me by name.

Also, yeah, as someone mentioned earlier about being late to sales...that's me, I can't remember the last time I jumped out of bed at the crack of dawn to hit a clearance sale. Screw that, if it's there when I get a chance to hit it later in the day or even several days later, and I "hoard" everything, and you complain about it then fuck you. Stop being so lazy.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Those hoarders are retarded. They're the ones that don't make any money because they fail to include eBay fees, paypal fees and shipping costs into their final price. I'm pretty sure that there are people out there that say "Shit, I bought this item for $20 at Target and sold it for $30 on eBay! I just made $10." They're morons and they actually kill the flipping game for most flippers.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah like the people selling penny guides on EBay for buy it now $1.00 plus $4.00 shipping. They are barely making any money so what's the point? I saw some people selling Mario All Stars for around $35 on Amazon, if they paid $30 after fees they are losing money.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
There's nothing illegal in my book about flipping just seems like a part of a grey area/kind of shady act. Kind of like when someone uses coupons at a convience store/grocery store/discount store to a point where the store ends up owing money to the buyer. "Your total after taxes is -$3.50. You saved 110%"[/QUOTE]

Some stores like Target have fixed it where you can't get a negative balance (when that happened you used to have to buy something else to not have a negative total and they wouldn't pay you cash from the register). Years ago there was a $5 off any Polly Pocket printable coupon from the official website after the recalls on lead in toys. If you bought a $3 car, at certain stores it took the entire $5 off so you had $2 overage to apply towards other items.

I called multiple blockbuster's today to confirm a sale. I was there no later than 3pm. Some people were nabbing over 80 titles, even if they were crappy or not a 99 cents per blu ray, people go nuts like it's black friday! :lol:

I was able to nab 50 titles! Rumor has it that BBV will have to same sale going on during 4th of July so keep your eyes peeled!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']
Some stores like Target have fixed it where you can't get a negative balance (when that happened you used to have to buy something else to not have a negative total and they wouldn't pay you cash from the register). Years ago there was a $5 off any Polly Pocket printable coupon from the official website after the recalls on lead in toys. If you bought a $3 car, at certain stores it took the entire $5 off so you had $2 overage to apply towards other items.[/QUOTE]

Good I hope all retailers follow Target, forcing people out of negative balances by having to buy something else.

People should use that $2 overage or whatever overage on something that costs $2.01 after taxes or at a least penny over that negative balance. I know it will be inconvenient, yikes toss the retailers a penny after you've saved so much already.

Now on flippers, I can't blame them for trying to make few bucks. Gamestop does it with trade in values, so why not. They turn around after taking in a game for $2 and flip it/sell it to someone else for maybe $10.

Now on hoarders, what is the definition here on hoarders? My understanding is someone who buys up everything including duplicates of a game, leaving nothing behind. Then again it could mean buying a bunch of games during this Blockbuster Buy 1 Get 1 free sale like more than 2 games. I only bought one set of duplicates and that was on Fallout New Vegas. I figured since there was a a lot of copies at the time, I could get a second copy for a friend.

People expect everything for free and get pissed when others get it and they don't. If someone was offered to take a bunch of download content for free without any consequences most of the people would probably take it. People get mad because they don't get it and run to the internet forums, twitters, Facebooks, and Myspaces to whine about things.

When people see a deal or an opportunity they take it and leave others whining and upset because they missed it. If everyone has a shopping cart full of free dlc they wouldn't be on here whining, and they're excuse would be, "I would only take a few". Taking a few is no better than taking all, if you are taking more than one for yourself then it isn't right. Don't try to turn it into something it's not, its black and white and everyone is looking for every color in the spectrum to avoid it.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Good I hope all retailers follow Target, forcing people out of negative balances by having to buy something else.

People should use that $2 overage or whatever overage on something that costs $2.01 after taxes or at a least penny over that negative balance. I know it will be inconvenient, yikes toss the retailers a penny after you've saved so much already.

Now on flippers, I can't blame them for trying to make few bucks. Gamestop does it with trade in values, so why not. They turn around after taking in a game for $2 and flip it/sell it to someone else for maybe $10.

Now on hoarders, what is the definition here on hoarders? My understanding is someone who buys up everything including duplicates of a game, leaving nothing behind. Then again it could mean buying a bunch of games during this Blockbuster Buy 1 Get 1 free sale like more than 2 games. I only bought one set of duplicates and that was on Fallout New Vegas. I figured since there was a a lot of copies at the time, I could get a second copy for a friend.[/QUOTE]

A hoarder is someone who wipes a clearance rack clean, or someone who has 200 20-packs of toilet paper at home but continues to buy more while cleaning out the store's entire shelf display of toilet paper, leaving none for other customers. Sometimes they will clean out multiple locations in the same area as well.

With a games hoarder they will probably take everything that is on clearance. At least that is what I understand a definition of a hoarder to be.

bread's done
Back