Do you have a list of holiday movies that you watch every year?

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
Ripping off Mak's thread from Halloween , is there any movies that you feel are required viewing every year out of tradition for the holidays? I use holidays so that it's all encompassing of Thanksgiving , Hanukkah , Kwanzaa and Christmas (Christmahanukwanzaka :D).

With Thanksgiving only 2 days away and with that the start of the holiday season , it seems like a perfect time for a thread like this.

[quote name='Maklershed']National Lampoons Christmas Vacation[/QUOTE]

^this
Home Alone/Home Alone 2
Jingle All the Way(might be my favorite Christmas movie)

Off the top of my head:

National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation
Nightmare Before XMas (well, between Halloween and XMas)
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
A Christmas Story ("You'll shoot your eye out!")
And a Southpark DVD compilation of the Xmas episodes (its called Mr. Hankey's Xmas Carols or something like that)

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story (I've come to the point where I hate it now, though), and sometimes Elf :)

Die Hard
Home Alone
A Christmas Story
Bad Santa
Jingle All the Way

I usually end up seeing Rudolph at one point or another. And there are a couple more that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

24 hours of "A Christmas Story" and I usually watch about 19 hours of it and drive my family crazy. And at some point I watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas." :)

[quote name='Maklershed']National Lampoons Christmas Vacation[/QUOTE]

my family always plays it after xmas dinner. been a tradition watching a movie after dinner long as i remember. Last last couple years Elf snuck in instead of Christmas Vacation. But one of those two will be played after dinner...i dont look forward to seeing either for the umpteen time.

I seem to catch at least part of the 24 hours of Christmas Story at my aunts. My cousin loves the film and watches it over and over...i can't stand it but end up seeing more then i want every year.

I make sure I watch Jingle All The Way. I even watch it in summer if I feel the need to be Christmasy.

Other than that, I'll just watch whatever's on. Usually Charlie Brown and A Christmas Story (24 straight hours, and it still doesn't get old for me). I've got a VHS of the Married... With Children Christmas episodes, and I break that out every year. Sam Kinison rules.

I personally love Planes Trains and Automobiles during this time of year, i saw it originally in the theater and have loved it day one...

[quote name='farfus']I personally love Planes Trains and Automobiles during this time of year, i saw it originally in the theater and have loved it day one...[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot about that one. Yearly Thanksgiving viewing for me.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Garfield's Christmas Special
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Bad Santa
Home Alone
Muppet's Christmas Carol
Collection of Christmas themed Looney Tunes episodes (recorded off TV when I was a kid, great stuff)

[quote name='Gameboy415']Ernest Saves Christmas! :D[/QUOTE]

Man, I forgot about this one. I've not seen it in years. Great movie, or at least I remember it being great when I was a kid.

Garfield's Christmas Special rules.

My dad grew up down the street from the Christmas Story house, so that one's pretty much required viewing.

Elf
Peanuts Christmas
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Bad Santa is ok, I may watch it.
The "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" Christmas Special is really, really funny. Not sure if it will hold up over the years though.

There's a local theatre company doing a stage version of Santa Claus Conquers The Martians the entire month of December.

A new tradition for me will be to watch the MST3K and Cinematic Titanic versions of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (good call Myke)

I'd be lying if I said I don't end up watching "Santa Claus the Movie" when it's on, that film has got more obvious product placement than a Brosnan bond movie. The bit where the homeless kid is looking longingly through the window of McDonalds still cracks me up.

I also usually try and catch the Alastair Simms or Patrick Stewart versions of a Christmas Carol.

bread's done
Back